geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Modern F | Top Mount 60% Case

<< < (2/21) > >>

PantoneC:
Is this case top mount? and also like to ask is the base wide enough that it won't tip sideway when typing? Looking forward to more photos

kazoosco:

--- Quote from: PantoneC on Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:17:22 ---Is this case top mount? and also like to ask is the base wide enough that it won't tip sideway when typing? Looking forward to more photos

--- End quote ---

Yeah the case is top mount, so the plate screws into the top housing.

I think that the weight of the keyboard should keep it from tipping over while typing, but that's why I'm making a 3D printed, then aluminum prototypes before I start the group buy.

catamscott:
looks pretty solid, though it's a bit hard to tell what is on the front badge. also, the mounting points look like they'll make esc/backspace/spacebar feel pretty stiff (in theory, at least), and is there any fillet on the switch cutouts? all look totally square from the renders.

as far as plate support, i'd strongly consider stepped capslock, split right shift, and split backspace. and i'd personally go for fixed wkl bottom row, but that's just my preference  ;D

kazoosco:

--- Quote from: catamscott on Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:45:03 ---looks pretty solid, though it's a bit hard to tell what is on the front badge. also, the mounting points look like they'll make esc/backspace/spacebar feel pretty stiff (in theory, at least), and is there any fillet on the switch cutouts? all look totally square from the renders.

as far as plate support, i'd strongly consider stepped capslock, split right shift, and split backspace. and i'd personally go for fixed wkl bottom row, but that's just my preference  ;D

--- End quote ---

There isn't any fillet on the switch cutouts, but that's a great idea. Thanks mate!

piercejenkins:
I’m in!!!! Plate option for 75 key orthos would be great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version