Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Travelling | GB LIVE  (Read 32679 times)

Offline highdocc

[IC] ePBT Travelling | GB LIVE
« on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 14:57:19 »

Introducing ePBT Travelling
A journey where you travel all around the world , being guided by architectural landmarks.
I hope you relish the journey!

↓↓↓ JOIN MY DISCORD FOR UPDATES!  ↓↓↓

Worldwide: KBDfans
US: Vala Supply
CAN: DeskHero
EU: Mykeyboard
OCE: SwitchKeys
UK: proto[Typist]

The Base Kit is containing everything you need for the most common layouts along with alternatives if you want no accent keys.

Katakana Alt Alphas

Hiragana Alt Alphas

Novelties Kit

Modern Kit

Can't handle a tkl keyboard? No problem, created the Numpad Kit especially for you!
Numpad Kit

Forties Kit

Accents Kit

International Kit

Samples Done - Waiting for the photos!

JOIN MY DISCORD FOR UPDATES!

Signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113468.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/bRdJhJB.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:27:34 by highdocc »

Offline highdocc

Re: [IC] ePBT Travelling - Revamp! New Kits!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 14:59:16 »
Reserved
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 September 2021, 13:10:14 by highdocc »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Re: [IC] ePBT Travelling
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:03:51 »
Too muted for my liking, but novelties are really nice!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline c0d3r

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:32:45 »
I like it and will cop once go live.

Offline Pontus

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:40:18 »
Why does a set inspired by traveling all over the world have Japanese sub legends?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:42:39 »
Bases: R1 pipe key should be moved to R2 to cover us-iso support.
Novelties: Need at least one 1u R2 novelty to cover the nav column in 65/75s layout. I recommend moving the 2nd 1u novelty of R3 to R2.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:43:28 »
Is there any particular reason for Hiragana sub leyends?

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:43:57 »
i dont associate traveling with the dullest gloomiest colors possible. weird inspiration

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:45:31 »
traveling set but hiragana base? not very mr worldwide of you.

other than that gray is my fav color so :)

Offline highdocc

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:46:26 »
Why does a set inspired by traveling all over the world have Japanese sub legends?
I simply like these sublegends.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 September 2021, 07:45:51 by highdocc »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:48:06 »
i dont associate traveling with the dullest gloomiest colors possible. weird inspiration

It's about the trendy gray scale pictures of bridges, buildings, etc, but it ain't my cup of tea particularly either.

traveling set but hiragana base? not very mr worldwide of you.

other than that gray is my fav color so :)
Was wondering the same, why Hiragana?

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:48:53 »
I simply like sublegends.
Ohhhh maybe something less saturated? You can flip a rock and find a hiragana sublegends set

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:56:36 »

Offline highdocc

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 15:57:31 »
Too muted for my liking, but novelties are really nice!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:01:01 »
If you showed me these colors on their own without a name for the set, "travelling" would not be what I would have guessed, even if I had 1000 guesses. I like the novelties, but as it stands I can't see myself buying this set. GLWIC!

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:10:12 »
This set does not really evoke the sense of travelling for me

Offline highdocc

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:10:51 »
Novelties: Need at least one 1u R2 novelty to cover the nav column in 65/75s layout. I recommend moving the 2nd 1u novelty of R3 to R2.
The kits will be changed ASAP, thanks for the feedback.

Offline hzsh

• aspiring renderman
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:24:31 »
Set's clean and nice, but as many have said I don't exactly get how the set colors tie back to the inspiration. A few sentences on that would be nice. Otherwise, looks like a sleek and muted set that I'm sure a lot will like. GLWIC!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 16:32:34 »
Great work on the novelties.
 :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 17:14:00 »
I forgot to point out that R1 does not have any 1u novelties for the nav column neither. So I recommend moving 1 of the R4 keys to R1.

Offline JQ27

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 17:28:42 »

R1 | \ is required for UK-ISO and it's currently not in the International kit, so moving it to just R2 would make UK-ISO unable to be done.

Also for the Hiragana base set, when looking at the International kit involved, to be able to get full use of of the Hiragana sublegends the below is what I've spotted.
ろwould want to be added to the R1 | \ key otherwise it's missing when using the Hiragana UK-ISO keys.
@ ' on the Int kit currently has ね, this would want to be け to match the base kits " ' rather than : ; as it is currently.

Another set Wapuro has had a nice revised UK-ISO kit which gets the same amount of Hiragana characters as the standard basekit without much compromise.
https://imgur.com/tgvcGWO

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:18:20 »
while the set itself is nice, is there really any reason for hiragana subs? You literally said that it was inspired by traveling around the world. I feel like this is just a weeb go brr type situation.
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:20:36 »
I love the grey. Not comparing it to overgrown, but I like it just as much. GLWIC!

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:20:37 »
I don’t care about set naming and whether or not I feel connected to the name… who cares haha I like the colors enough said

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:36:14 »
UKISO + Hiragana is not a real layout. UKISO is. Please update International kit to remove subs from everything.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:55:41 »
I think that your white subs in the Hirigana Base will mean all the keys have to be five side dye subbed and all will be shrunken and warped. If you just make them some other dark color then you won't have this problem. I'm no expert in this but that's my understanding.

Offline aethernet

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 20:39:19 »
i really like the novelties! as a DMV native, i especially love the capitol building one. colors are an interesting take on the inspiration, reminds me of gmk dualshot

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 20:49:18 »
I don’t understand the hiragana only sublegends offering, either. At the same time, I think the grays you’ve used are too bland without the white sublegends. Having weeb sublegends while the novelties showcase completely different countries just doesn’t work for me, but the sublegends are the only part of this set that’s visually interesting IMO.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 23:08:17 »
i mean if you guys dont like hiragana base.. then dont get it? im sure that its specifically catered to others then if its not ur taste go for the latin base set instead. whining over small matters as usual smh

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 23:15:33 »
i mean if you guys dont like hiragana base.. then dont get it? im sure that its specifically catered to others then if its not ur taste go for the latin base set instead. whining over small matters as usual smh

We all understand that fact, but argue that a travel theme should have more than 1 language. I would gladly go for the no subs base, but my point would still remain, that only Hiragana does not fit well with the theme. I would recommend OP put up a form to select whether the community wants such sub-legends or not, down the road of course, once enough attention has being gained.

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 00:02:57 »
Similar to some of the other comments here, I like the idea and novelties but not a fan of the hiragana sublegends. Since it's ePBT, perhaps you can have alt alphas with different languages for sublegends as child kits to stay more with the "travelling" theme? Just a thought! GLWIC ^^

Offline highdocc

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 03:20:40 »
Similar to some of the other comments here, I like the idea and novelties but not a fan of the hiragana sublegends. Since it's ePBT, perhaps you can have alt alphas with different languages for sublegends as child kits to stay more with the "travelling" theme? Just a thought! GLWIC ^^
Very good idea , i will definitely think about it.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 05:17:04 »

R1 | \ is required for UK-ISO and it's currently not in the International kit, so moving it to just R2 would make UK-ISO unable to be done.

Also for the Hiragana base set, when looking at the International kit involved, to be able to get full use of of the Hiragana sublegends the below is what I've spotted.
ろwould want to be added to the R1 | \ key otherwise it's missing when using the Hiragana UK-ISO keys.
@ ' on the Int kit currently has ね, this would want to be け to match the base kits " ' rather than : ; as it is currently.

Another set Wapuro has had a nice revised UK-ISO kit which gets the same amount of Hiragana characters as the standard basekit without much compromise.
https://imgur.com/tgvcGWO
The change of moving R1 pipe to R2 is for physical ISO in base kit. The uk iso will be covered entirely in International kit where missing uk iso keys will be added.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 08:39:59 »
no complaints. love the grays and the novelties. it's a yes from me chief.

Offline Dyto69

• 420 blaze it but dont forget 69
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 09:24:48 »
Aren't the sublegends reverse dye sub? If yes you'll have a problem

Offline khkim

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 18:21:56 »

We all understand that fact, but argue that a travel theme should have more than 1 language. I would gladly go for the no subs base, but my point would still remain, that only Hiragana does not fit well with the theme. I would recommend OP put up a form to select whether the community wants such sub-legends or not, down the road of course, once enough attention has being gained.

I agree that travel themes should include more than one language.

Offline colonelpanic

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 23:16:16 »
Just a thought: if the theme is 'traveling', you could possibly do a mixture of sublegends with characters from different languages (latin, japanese, cryllic, etc). I don't believe it's even been done on a keyset before, but would better reinforce the global theme by eliminating sublegend language bias.

Offline santela

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 02:51:36 »
Just a thought: if the theme is 'traveling', you could possibly do a mixture of sublegends with characters from different languages (latin, japanese, cryllic, etc). I don't believe it's even been done on a keyset before, but would better reinforce the global theme by eliminating sublegend language bias.

I was just about to say the same thing. It would probably look pretty messy, but it would fit alongside the novelties. Curious to see a render of this.

Offline ThomasLT

• ThomasLT Studio
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 02:55:02 »
I like the latin base more

Offline highdocc

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:32:48 »
It is really a great idea, I will consider that :thumb:

Offline growler

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 06:07:12 »
The name is weird, but putting that aside completely, I think it is fantastic.
Don't just stare at it ...

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 10:29:54 »
The name is weird, but putting that aside completely, I think it is fantastic.

Yea exactly, when I think of traveling I think totally of all the different colors of flags of places I want to go visit. Also not sure why Hiragana, but cool. That said, I actually like this set. Would totally cop. 

Traveling

Offline despairsray

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 00:56:28 »
I like muted colors so this is a buy for me. I like the grey personally.

Offline jmgfx

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 05:11:32 »
I personally don't associate muted/dull colors with travelling so the naming's kind of odd, but aside from that I do like this colorway in general and the novelties look great!  :thumb:

Offline milka158

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 13:05:24 »
Nice colors, would buy.

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 13:05:43 »
Like the monochrome concept, but really, it needs a color accent kit. Maybe super muted color, but needs something more.

Ivory/Origami had the contrast enough. I think it needs lil more. If you gonna add white accent, should be included in base kit, imo.

Honestly love to see Accent kit with color options.

Offline highdocc

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 12:48:29 »
Alt Alphas kits will be added soon!

Offline karateyes

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 14:31:16 »
very interested in this keycap set, and really liking the grey tone choice! Just a quick question tho, are these doubleshot or sublimated?

Offline noorejji

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 11:26:30 »
Did no one point out the misspelling in the title? Anyway, might as well call it Big City, or Landmark, or Concrete Jungle.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 12:14:31 »
Did no one point out the misspelling in the title? Anyway, might as well call it Big City, or Landmark, or Concrete Jungle.

after a quick google search, it appears that "travelling" (two L's) is the correct UK spelling.