Author Topic: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Extras at Dixiemech!  (Read 89960 times)

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
Re: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Shipping!
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:33:23 »
Buying it back? Huh, how do you imagine doing that without spending a fortune yourself? Sending it all back to GMK?

Taking them back and reselling I would imagine. There are always people that will buy it. Of course this would be at a loss and a huge hassle. Selling the stock would take a while etc etc. But no, you wouldn't just loose all the money that had to be spent to produce the sets.

Yeah, I'd just try and buy back those kits from those who feel they were cheated. It'll take me some time, as I'm not rolling in money, but I'll figure something out.

My ideal solution would be for Violet Outburst to become reality with good coverage for the purple on dark grey keys... Coverage like this kit: https://www.originativeco.com/products/magenta-dolch-accent .  I get that it's a different aesthetic than the original dark mods though so it be won't ideal for be for everyone.

I'll run an interest check for Violet Outburst here pretty soon. I need to get more renders made, and they're not cheap, as well as work on the coverage, and see about a vendor. Ideally I'd just do the same mods as VT, but that is a lot of keys, and might not be all that cheap. 150 kits is a lot of kits to sell, even more so now.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:45:11 »
Just a weird thought, but what about mod kit just like the alpha’s? :P so purple on white as well epbt bow eat your heart out right there :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:48:22 »
Just a weird thought, but what about mod kit just like the alpha’s? :P so purple on white as well epbt bow eat your heart out right there :P

That could be fun... I'll throw both options on the IC. I've already got a nice render for the GR1 on DY that most of you have seen, so I'll have another made with DY on GR1 and see what people think. Both versions would work well with other sets as well.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:53:05 »
Since VT and Hyperfuse have the same alphas, you might find that the market for GR1 on DY is greater than you think.  Fingers crossed anyways

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 02:05:13 »
Well folks, again, I really do understand all the complaints, and I'm sorry. I was under the impression that samples weren't an option since I wasn't doing custom colors. Like I said previously, this was my first (and possibly last) interaction with GMK and the community at large. If I go ahead with the Violet Outburst mod kit, I'll do my best to make it as cheap as possible, most likely at a loss, for those who purchased VT. Short of buying them all back from y'all (which is still an option if you'd like, it'll just take me some time, let me know), there's not much I can do but apologize.
Don't get bummed over the haters. It was completely clear that this set was using stock colors. Should they have followed the interest check or looked at the color codes in the renders, it would've been apparent. There's plenty of sets with N9 and DY colors to prove that the contrast in the keys would look the way they do.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline line

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 07:24:26 »
This was my first GMK set, and I don't get the hate. Sure the mods aren't perfect, but they're literally stock colours - there's nothing you could've done to make sure it works. It's not GMK's fault either - the colours they use didn't change either. Don't beat yourself up over it, it seems the people who dislike the set are just more vocal than we are ;)

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 11:55:19 »
The well known vocal minority ;)

Offline dimo

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 12:57:40 »
I don’t understand why anything is even being done? The original renders look low contrast.. the purple is the same color, the gray is the same color. Literally nothing could have been done ??

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:46:40 »
i have 0 hate for vox, i really like the dude the gb went great no delays, gb runner was active, nothing went wrong

my problem is the people saying this set is what we expected as gb buyers. cause we didnt expect this, these alphas are amazing, the render shows they might be dark but the renders are still really off

i guess thats my fault for trusting renders and i understand that

i still think this set is pretty decent for even for the mods being unreadable

All love to vox
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline Hayte

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 15:01:37 »
Its pretty sad to see members of this forum cannibalize one of their own. All things considered, this GB was trouble free. It turned around fast from concept to realisation and everyone got their caps. Yeah the modifier legends are illegible in certain lighting conditions but as with so many things in life, you learn as you go and you get better with experience. I don't think Voxicles should even have offered to buyback mods and take the hit for it personally. He already stuck his neck out for us by running this GB in the first place. If you aren't happy with the set and you don't think an accent kit can save it then sell up and move on. Just don't make the experience so unpleasant for Voxicles that this becomes his first and last GB. To hell with that. This community needs people like Voxicles, who actually go out and try to make something happen. Without them, this whole thing doesn't work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:27:02 by Hayte »

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:46:34 »
Yeah, even if I personally am not 100% satisfied with the contrast on the modifier legends, I don't think Voxicles should have to buy back from those who were dissatisfied.  The GB ran very well and I'm very happy that the keyset arrived to me without any problems.  And honestly, after using this set for a while, I don't mind it as much as I thought I would.

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 20:11:27 »
I appreciate the kind words, folks. I've watched a few friends, vendors and creators in this hobby give up after too much harsh criticism, and I didn't really understand how a few comments would make them shut everything down, until now. The complaints and criticism out in the open has been normal and justified, but it's the vitriol in DM's that had started wearing on me. I didn't want to be the type of GB runner that just ignores everyone when things don't turn out the way we all had hoped, but I also shouldn't have been taking everything so personally. I work 3 jobs to stay afloat, and this whole process hasn't done much to help my stress levels :p

GMK Violet Outburst mod kit will be happening, and even eventually maybe Violet Revolt mod kit (DY on GR1 like the alphas, as Poesjuh suggested), though I might take a few weeks off before I dive into getting that rolling. Meanwhile, hopefully keeb.io is still working on PCB's for the SP50 so I can get these bad boys working  :D

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2018, 20:19:00 by Voxicles »

Offline Poesjuh

Re: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Extras at Dixiemech!
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:44:44 »
Here, something nice to look at. I think it looks peng :)

Offline Hayte

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 03:16:18 »
GMK Violet Outburst mod kit will be happening, and even eventually maybe Violet Revolt mod kit (DY on GR1 like the alphas, as Poesjuh suggested), though I might take a few weeks off before I dive into getting that rolling.

I feel like the 3 colours is needed to keep the set visually interesting. There just isnt a whole lot of purple in GMK's stock palette, which complicates...everything. Maybe MG1 on DY? or DY on 2B?

Offline elpepe21

« Reply #264 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 15:38:13 »
GMK Violet Outburst mod kit will be happening, and even eventually maybe Violet Revolt mod kit (DY on GR1 like the alphas, as Poesjuh suggested), though I might take a few weeks off before I dive into getting that rolling.

I feel like the 3 colours is needed to keep the set visually interesting. There just isnt a whole lot of purple in GMK's stock palette, which complicates...everything. Maybe MG1 on DY? or DY on 2B?

I think DY on 2B would match the snes controller a little more w/ alphas.

Offline NoChance

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:54:03 »
Are there any sets in the pipe that have Modifiers that might "fix" the contrast issue with Violet Tendencies?  Maybe a lighter gray or lighter purple?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:15:07 »
I got myself a set of GMK Burgundy icon mods. Would prefer to have text mods but not gonna buy a complete set for they :P

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:34:46 »
I'm still here waiting for GMK Violet Outburst mod kit. Any updates would be great!

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 19:14:23 »
I'm still here waiting for GMK Violet Outburst mod kit. Any updates would be great!

Me too!

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 04:58:48 »
PM me if anyone has a deskmat they’re looking to get rid of.

Anyone try the b-stock mats at dixie?
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 November 2018, 05:31:09 by ninjacore »

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 23:15:01 »
Another option has popped up for mods to mix & match with this set.  GMK is offering this set, which they're selling direct:

https://uniqey.net/en/uniqey-q-01-base-kit

The mods are DY purple with L9 white legends, so it's a different shade of white from the GR1 used in Violet Tendencies' alphas.  If you're interested, they also posted a coupon for 15% off over in this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/a63wpg/gmk_uniqey_shop_now_online_for_individual/

I'm going to try Violet Tendencies alphas with Q:01 mods and see how it looks; I figured some of you might also be interested.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 12:17:07 »
Ignore me.  At that point it's just an overpriced way to do mismatched purple on white.

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 12:19:18 »
Might as well just buy JTK PoW......

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #273 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:41:16 »
I'm somehow still alive  ;D  Stay tuned for some things happening soon  :cool:

Offline Starston3

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:41:52 »

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 10:14:15 »
PM me if anyone has a deskmat they’re looking to get rid of.

Anyone try the b-stock mats at dixie?

Ended up picking up one of the b-stock mats and wanted to report that I'm happy with it. Mine had 2 white spots about the size of a pen head.  I think it was worth $10 off since mats are bound to get spots on them eventually anyway.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 19:33:37 »

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 16:46:54 »

Great news! Very excited to see what is planned.

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 23:56:16 »
Years later, "Violet Nightmares" are coming soon (very), in all their low contrast magic. This time, it will be different (for you). "Violet Outbursts" will be an option that the community decides. Also stay tuned for "Extreme Violets". (and other puns ;) )
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2021, 00:07:14 by Voxicles »

Offline yuejia

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 02:47:55 »
That’s what I want!!! Amazing stuff!!!

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:14:06 »
Years later, "Violet Nightmares" are coming soon (very), in all their low contrast magic. This time, it will be different (for you). "Violet Outbursts" will be an option that the community decides. Also stay tuned for "Extreme Violets". (and other puns ;) )

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:03:25 »
purple alphas w black legends? Excited to see new kits.

Offline qq6681585

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 19:24:48 »
That’swhatIwant!!!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 04:44:48 »
I still believe the mods should just have the white legends from the alpha’s.

Offline udller

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 12:55:15 »
years later im still happy i purchased violet tendencies, yes the mods arnt always legible in certain lighting conditions. but those alphas and the accents are such a thing of beauty. i finaly managed to get   the deskmat this year. i am excited :)

Offline Psynite69

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 16:54:51 »
Any plans of rerunning this set?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #286 on: Sat, 14 October 2023, 12:49:16 »