Author Topic: Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter  (Read 5969 times)

Offline knightjp

Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter
« on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 06:32:56 »
I would like to get one of those 80s Apple Keyboards, specifically the M3501 or the M0116. But considering that they use the ADB ports; obviously I need an adapter. I just want to know what are the reviews of the ones mentioned in the title.

I need reviews because I live in Dubai truthfully something so geeky won't be easy to get over here. I need to rely on ebay purchases and I need to know which ones are worth spending the cash on.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Tinkerboy vs Griffin Imate ADB To USB Adapter
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 08:37:33 »
I have had a couple of Griffin iMates and they work well.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline wmcbrine

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 23:12:51 »
(Yes, I realize this is an old thread, but someone else might come across it like I did, even if the OP has moved on.)

I just got a Tinkerboy ADB to USB adapter, which I'll say more about later. I don't have an Imate, so I can't compare them directly. However -- the Imate seems to be going for $100-$200 on eBay, vs. $37 (plus shipping) for the Tinkerboy; it's no longer made; and it's very bulky, compared to the Tinkerboy.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:46:41 »
I had to google it. That looks like a great little unit. If I was using old Apple gear regularly, it looks superior to the decades-old iMate.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 11:45:47 »
Wow, yeah the Tinkerboy adapter looks much sleeker than the ole Griffin iMate. Almost tempted to sell off my iMate, grab a Tinkerboy & pocket the difference LOL!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 14:06:19 »
Me too.

I will make anybody here a standing offer for a straight-up trade for a like-new iMate.