Author Topic: [IC] Foliage Deskmats - Updated 26/2/2021  (Read 3552 times)

Offline alexswj

[IC] Foliage Deskmats - Updated 26/2/2021
« on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 20:58:43 »
262963-0
262965-1
262967-2

Album:  https://imgur.com/a/2Fchp19
IC Form: https://forms.gle/vZfTxgiDSjsaXMAC9
Specifications:
900mm x 400mm
4mm thick
Stitched Edging

Hello, so this form is an interest check for the foliage deskmat. Pretty self explanatory.
The designs are mostly inspired by me not able to get my hands on GMK botanical deskmats (lol) but also designed around the upcoming IKKI68 Aurora in mind.
The colorways are choosen such that it compliments the Mint and Devoted colorway of the IKKI68 but also versatile to use in other set ups (eg. GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Cojiro, Infinikey Vanir, etc.).
The centrepiece is a small reference to Singapore as it depicts Singapore's national flower, the orchid, and a little red dot. This will be easily covered when your keyboard goes on top.

More
Here are the Hex & CMYK values. CMYK values are based off photoshop and the colors in renders may differ from the actual product.

Bold Foliage
Base: Ivory - #FFFFF0,               C 0%   M 2%   Y 8%   K 0%
Color 1: Mint Green - #8bd6ae,            C 45%   M 0%   Y 42%   K 0%
Color 2: Royal Purple - #274393,          C 95%   M 88%   Y 15%   K 15%
Color 3: Salmon Pink - #dc99a1,            C 11%   M 45%   Y 25%   K 0%
Trimming: Pantone 2766C

Light Foliage
Base: White                     C 0%   M 0%   Y 0%   K 0%
Color 1: Foliage Green - #3b715b         C 78%   M 36%   Y 70%   K 20%
Trimming: Pantone 5545C

Dark Foliage
Base: Black                     C 0%   M 0%   Y 0%   K 100%
Color 1: Spearmint - #81d8a8            C 48%   M 0%   Y 45%   K 0%
Trimming: Pantone 346C

I am satisfactory with the design, hence unless there is a strong opinion against the design there won't be any huge changes to it.
There is however a small divided opinion amongst my friends, some like it with the small detailed flower, some didn't. Hence I am leaving this up to the community to vote.

Edit: I will be making some minimal changes to the design based on the early feedbacks I've gotten. Do stay tune to the updated design as I think it is an improvement from before.

IC Form: https://forms.gle/vZfTxgiDSjsaXMAC9

*I will space the plants evenly for the "Bold Foliage - Plain" if it is choosen.

Still working on the pricing & vendors and would be announced closer towards the GB date. Thank you all for your interest!

UPDATES:

24/2/21 - IC underway
26/2/21 - Updated with CMYK colors

To Do:
Finalise design
Release renders of finalised design.
Work with regional vendors & submit design to manufacturer.
Get samples & update.

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:56:53 by alexswj »

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
Re: [IC] Foliage Deskmats
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:39:25 »
When I think of foliage I always think of fall leaves, maybe add a mat with fall leaves  + theme? I understand the ones you have though, gotta cash in on that botanical mat hype.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:40:49 »
Great design! I'd suggest basing all the colors of your design using CMYK instead of HEX (RGB) if that's not alreadyy being used as most (if not all) print processes use CMYK.  Optionaly you can work with Pantone colors, I would suggest working with Pantone especially for stitching as that is something manufacturers and vendors would look for.

Offline alexswj

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:54:04 »
When I think of foliage I always think of fall leaves, maybe add a mat with fall leaves  + theme? I understand the ones you have though, gotta cash in on that botanical mat hype.

Hmmm.. you mean something along the lines of a warmer tone (pastel-ish orange)? That would be a interesting match paired with a light background, I'll mull over it. Thank you!
yesh, really regretting not joining the botanical groupbuy :")

Offline alexswj

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:59:28 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 09:14:43 by alexswj »

Offline SleepyJacky

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 00:19:51 »
Love the design and color palette of the "Bold Foliage" mat! Would like to see these colors in CMYK as well. Keeping an eye on this.  :thumb:

Offline Livid

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 19:11:53 »
these are all super clean, and imo they all look better with the little detail flowers. love how the plants would be like a border around your keyboard too

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 19:24:24 »

I think this is probably how most people associate the word foliage, but it does mean just a collection of leaves (live or dead). Seconding the botanical comment. Maybe an autumn themed one would differentiate it some.

Offline Reebes

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:19:17 »
Looks v naice! Still new to the keeb community but my collection is taking on a definite green undertone. Would pick this up if thru Canadian merchants!

Offline ShenKichin

Re: [IC] Foliage Deskmats - Updated 26/2/2021
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 19:53:08 »