Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1615408 times)

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6350 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 20:06:07 »
smh

Offline netdevil

« Reply #6351 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:08:18 »
I appreciate your honesty Bunny. Look forward to your next update.

gonna sound like a broken record here, but once again i need to apologise

for the last 3 weeks i have made zero progress with this, the day after my last update the jtk sliders arrived to me and i was shipping those and there was alot, it has completely consumed me the last 3 weeks, i know that is nobody heres problem but i have to take care of my personal obligations before my donated time on this

that being said my lack of communication is totally unacceptable, especially to the 6 people whom i messaged saying i was going to drop of your orders 3 weeks ago and havent, not to excuse myself but merely to offer an explanation, i was just trying to focus on one thing and clear it as fast as possible so i could then take that same attack on what i have remaining here

its my wifes birthday weekend and im not around at all this evening, but tomorrow night i will contact everyone remaining on my list via their support ticket, and will work monday through through thursday evenings on getting as much cranked out as i possibly can to drop off this friday, and have everything else completed for the following week

you guys have all waited so long and im sorry to have been another slight bottleneck to this it just fell at an awkward time for me

im very much looking forward to having my house cleared of this stuff and now i have the sliders basically finished ive finally got the room again to pull everything back out and get this finished

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6352 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 23:18:14 »
Progress...

GH60 Proxy Shipping by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

All orders for people that responded to my last wave of emails are now packed.  Invoices will be sent over the next week or so.  :thumb:

There are a few orders that are a bit more complicated and are being left until the end; rest assured they have not been ignored, and will be the next to get packed and invoiced.  :)

Any questions at all, let me know.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6353 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 08:27:28 »
The only orders I've got left are either really big and I'm wanting to make sure I don't run out of parts, waiting on SMD parts , or haven't replied.

Most left haven't replied to correspondence.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #6354 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 08:55:12 »
Bunny, I'm happy to wait.  No big deal.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6355 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 09:36:01 »
Bunny, I'm happy to wait.  No big deal.

Appreciate it sir but not much longer, I'll have a big drop off hopefully on Tuesday if I can swing it with the baby because of the bank holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #6356 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 01:30:28 »
GL shippers. My fingers are crossed that I'm in the next batch shipping out.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #6357 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 14:19:19 »
Progress...

Show Image

All orders for people that responded to my last wave of emails are now packed.  Invoices will be sent over the next week or so.  :thumb:

There are a few orders that are a bit more complicated and are being left until the end; rest assured they have not been ignored, and will be the next to get packed and invoiced.  :)

Yo dawg, got an email from you back on March 3 to confirm address,  I responded confirming it.  Didn't hear anything back, I'm assuming that means we're all good?

Thanks for getting this done. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6358 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 19:15:18 »
Progress...

Show Image

Yo dawg, got an email from you back on March 3 to confirm address,  I responded confirming it.  Didn't hear anything back, I'm assuming that means we're all good?

Thanks for getting this done.

Yep, you're good! Your order is packed, next step is for me to invoice you for shipping, then get it sent out. :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6359 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:09:19 »
Update: Still need to invoice for shipping.  Will start that when I know they will be sent out in the following few days.  I've got some long days at work this week, then out of town this coming weekend, so won't be able to get them in the mail until next week.  Keep your eyes peeled for invoices starting early next week.  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #6360 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:15:25 »
Update: Still need to invoice for shipping.  Will start that when I know they will be sent out in the following few days.  I've got some long days at work this week, then out of town this coming weekend, so won't be able to get them in the mail until next week.  Keep your eyes peeled for invoices starting early next week.  :thumb:

You're alright in my book Hoff!

Offline bernoulli

« Reply #6361 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 13:41:21 »
Any update for those who took-over unpaid orders?

Does anyone have a copy of the original order-spreadsheet? -- the one that has since disappeared from google.docs

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6362 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 14:02:09 »
Any update for those who took-over unpaid orders?

Does anyone have a copy of the original order-spreadsheet? -- the one that has since disappeared from google.docs

The parts we all split up and had shipped to us are the only parts we have to send out and not all the original parts were even accounted for.

Anyone who knows for sure they are owed a GH60 group buy order but isn't currently accounted for will have to wait and see what is left after we get done.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:53:01 by SpAmRaY »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6363 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:16:05 »
Dropped off some more orders today and will update those tickets by tomorrow, I have 8 more orders packed up and will have them out early next week and will post a list of those usernames tomorrow as well

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #6364 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:57:08 »
Sounds good, bunny!  If I'm not in that batch, I'm still happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6365 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:05:06 »
Sounds good, bunny!  If I'm not in that batch, I'm still happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can remember the names off the top of my head and I'm on my mobile but if you aren't in one of the ones listed tomorrow I'll try squeeze it in for you before I get this next batch out

Offline registered99

« Reply #6366 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 14:33:23 »

I've been responding to every e-mail I have gotten and no one has gotten back to me over the past year (both from this round that has been passed to HoffmanMyster and from Michael Ashby).

I sent my updated shipping address and want to confirm that it's correct before paying. Can you please reply to my e-mail?

Thanks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6367 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 15:19:04 »

I've been responding to every e-mail I have gotten and no one has gotten back to me over the past year (both from this round that has been passed to HoffmanMyster and from Michael Ashby).

I sent my updated shipping address and want to confirm that it's correct before paying. Can you please reply to my e-mail?

Thanks

So long as your shipping information is updated on your PayPal account it should all be fine as we are printing labels through PayPal.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6368 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 21:19:14 »

Thanks

Very sorry about the lack of email response.  I sent the initial wave of emails right when I was moving and wasn't able to pick it up again and actually pack the items until the last few weeks.  I opted to post updates in the thread here rather than respond to emails individually, which I now realize it not helpful for those that have stopped browsing the forum.  Sorry about that.

As for the mashby confusion, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Your name appears in my list, but may also appear in his for whatever reason.  I have the parts on hand to satisfy my orders, and can/will ship those out.  If, for some reason, you also have an order on his list, you may still receive additional emails and shipments from him.  It's very possible that through order takeovers and other various oddities with the group buy we are working with imperfect/fragmented lists. 

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #6369 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:37:29 »
2 months ago, i got a message saying my order was "now packed and will be shipping on Friday". One month later, I was told that some batches had or were being dropped off, and that tracking information would follow. I assume that has actually happened by this point, but there was no further support saying if this was the case. Did I miss an email. I have had packages take a really long time to arrive, but in this case, i don't even know when or if to expect anything.

I have of course updated the support ticket, but feel this thread should also serve to let people know if they are the only one waiting or not.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6370 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:47:24 »
2 months ago, i got a message saying my order was "now packed and will be shipping on Friday". One month later, I was told that some batches had or were being dropped off, and that tracking information would follow. I assume that has actually happened by this point, but there was no further support saying if this was the case. Did I miss an email. I have had packages take a really long time to arrive, but in this case, i don't even know when or if to expect anything.

I have of course updated the support ticket, but feel this thread should also serve to let people know if they are the only one waiting or not.

I have posted updates in this thread and indeed one recently explaining yours

Essentially I had to take care of stuff in my personal buy first, I explained this and apologised specifically to the people I said their orders would be dropped off to, when you order goes out your support ticket will be updated, I dropped off more gh60 orders last Thursday and Friday and dropped a couple more out on Monday, however I have now got 8-10 more ready to be dropped off on Friday including the original 6 that were packed up before but didn't go out due to one of my gbs arriving

I'll update your ticket with tracking or proof of postage once yours goes out, I'd imagine Friday but I'm not at my desk with my notes to know for sure yours is in there, tonight I'll post here the list of names that are about to go out but if you pm me your support ticket number I can check yours specifically for you and reply tonight

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #6371 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 00:48:46 »
Much appreciated, cheers.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6372 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 14:36:22 »
these orders are ready and going out in my next drop off

raphdu57
tobi
gruener_salat
txepox
cjhogben
nask
bvtton
alexander-procter
maurizio-bassani
agor

these are the screennames given on your ctrl alt account rather than gh

do not worry if your name isnt on that list, thats just whats going out in the next drop, and im preparing some more now

Offline mauri

« Reply #6373 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:03:39 »
What kind of solder have you guys been using? 0.5-0.6 mm? Does it need to be a certain type, like unleaded or something?
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline registered99

« Reply #6374 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:24:46 »
Very sorry about the lack of email response.  I sent the initial wave of emails right when I was moving and wasn't able to pick it up again and actually pack the items until the last few weeks.  I opted to post updates in the thread here rather than respond to emails individually, which I now realize it not helpful for those that have stopped browsing the forum.  Sorry about that.

As for the mashby confusion, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Your name appears in my list, but may also appear in his for whatever reason.  I have the parts on hand to satisfy my orders, and can/will ship those out.  If, for some reason, you also have an order on his list, you may still receive additional emails and shipments from him.  It's very possible that through order takeovers and other various oddities with the group buy we are working with imperfect/fragmented lists.

I went back, and saw that for some reason I am on both lists.

Thanks for the response here at least.

One question that I wasn't able to suss out from the responses here -- are pre-soldered SMD components still pre-soldered? I can't tell, since the updates seem to only say that assembly is not included anymore.

Thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6375 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:25:52 »

I went back, and saw that for some reason I am on both lists.

Thanks for the response here at least.

One question that I wasn't able to suss out from the responses here -- are pre-soldered SMD components still pre-soldered? I can't tell, since the updates seem to only say that assembly is not included anymore.

Thanks

They are indeed

Offline OddOne

« Reply #6376 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:11:13 »

Received my GH60 and plate over the weekend!  Thank you HoffmanMyster and all others involved in salvaging this group buy.  I am glad to finally have my parts.

Now to rehone my soldering skills to build this thing...
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #6377 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 12:07:33 »
Sounds like it's time for a new round! Who has ten years or so to spare to run it?

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #6378 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:48:36 »
What kind of solder have you guys been using? 0.5-0.6 mm? Does it need to be a certain type, like unleaded or something?

Use 60/40 or 63/37 unless you want to make your life difficult by using unleaded solder. As for diameter 0.5 is fine for switches.
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline Turbinia

« Reply #6379 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 16:19:59 »
Have any of the people who have taken over this group buy tried contacting Mashby recently? I have read the posts, but it has been a good long while with no word.
| Dolch | KBT ONE | QFR w/PBT | Poker II |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6380 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 17:13:17 »
Have any of the people who have taken over this group buy tried contacting Mashby recently? I have read the posts, but it has been a good long while with no word.
I'll try again.

Offline Nask

« Reply #6381 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 18:14:41 »
these orders are ready and going out in my next drop off

raphdu57
tobi
gruener_salat
txepox
cjhogben
nask
bvtton
alexander-procter
maurizio-bassani
agor

these are the screennames given on your ctrl alt account rather than gh

do not worry if your name isnt on that list, thats just whats going out in the next drop, and im preparing some more now

Hello Bunnylake, glad you made a post here because you weren't replying anymore on your website/support. :)

Yay, few more days/weeks and this precious will be mine.
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline agor

« Reply #6382 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 12:56:21 »
Finally read the updates here. Should've dropped by earlier as I got a bit worries again. I appreciate that I am in the next drop off. Please post a final answer in the support ticket if you have indeed dropped it off, even if you drop it off late.
I just wanna know when to expect it and when to start worrying again.

Thanks for your open communication
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6383 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:56:34 »
I'll try again.

I can't get a reply. I've tried texting, email and twitter.

Offline Turbinia

« Reply #6384 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 19:10:43 »
I'll try again.

Thanks for trying. I was going to do the same, but didn't want him to get a ton of spam from random people in the group buy.
| Dolch | KBT ONE | QFR w/PBT | Poker II |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6385 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 20:00:38 »
Also as an update for my group of orders I'm currently waiting to see what happens with the DIY kits as we haven't received those to ship out. Last I heard was samwisekoi was moving.

I've only got a few orders besides those and either those people haven't responded to contact or the orders are so big I'm waiting to see what's left to fulfill them.

Anyone who is on my list feel free to contact me about your status.

Offline vorn

« Reply #6386 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 03:06:48 »
I'll try again.

Thanks for trying. I was going to do the same, but didn't want him to get a ton of spam from random people in the group buy.

Same boat :( Not gonna hold my breath.

Offline keytohopiness

« Reply #6387 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 09:50:12 »
Sounds like it's time for a new round! Who has ten years or so to spare to run it?

Lol

Offline mickd

« Reply #6388 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 23:22:03 »
Sorry BunnyLake.

When you get a chance, could you check my status, please? I don't have any open support tickets on your site (it disappeared).

But last I remember, I paid for the shipping and assembly as per your instructions in January.

Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6389 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:09:01 »
Sorry BunnyLake.

When you get a chance, could you check my status, please? I don't have any open support tickets on your site (it disappeared).

But last I remember, I paid for the shipping and assembly as per your instructions in January.

Thanks!

They shouldn't disappear, and I can search for it without a ticket number,

Might be worth making a new ticket with the info for me and then sending me a pm with the ticket number

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6390 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:11:14 »
To my guys, I'm finally completely up to date with my sophomore gb and as of this Friday my only shipping obligations will be to my last gh60 orders

Thanks for your patience with the little man I only get so much time and doing replacements and missing keys on my last gb took longer than expected

I have about 15 percent of my total orders left roughly so I'll be getting them knocked out very fast from here

Offline vorn

« Reply #6391 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:15:12 »
To my guys, I'm finally completely up to date with my sophomore gb and as of this Friday my only shipping obligations will be to my last gh60 orders

Thanks for your patience with the little man I only get so much time and doing replacements and missing keys on my last gb took longer than expected

I have about 15 percent of my total orders left roughly so I'll be getting them knocked out very fast from here

Well done! Wish you were handling my order  :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6392 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:17:36 »

I've been a pain to the last of my guys as well sadly, this just landed to me at an incredibly busy time where all my other obligations were coming together as well and I had to prioritise those

Will be very glad to see the end of it and reclaim some of the space in my house, I've had half of this stuff in my house for 2 years roughly now as I was waiting on the plates and stabs for over 18 months

Offline vorn

« Reply #6393 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 02:21:55 »

I've been a pain to the last of my guys as well sadly, this just landed to me at an incredibly busy time where all my other obligations were coming together as well and I had to prioritise those

Will be very glad to see the end of it and reclaim some of the space in my house, I've had half of this stuff in my house for 2 years roughly now as I was waiting on the plates and stabs for over 18 months

I'm fine with saying goodbye to the money I spent on my order, I've come to terms with it, but is that the unfortunate position of everyone on Mashby's list?

Offline mickd

« Reply #6394 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 04:35:55 »
Sorry BunnyLake.

Thanks!

They shouldn't disappear, and I can search for it without a ticket number,

Might be worth making a new ticket with the info for me and then sending me a pm with the ticket number

Thanks BunnyLake.

I found the ticket from my email. I've replied to it. I think I might have been with the bunch that was originally scheduled for delivery on the Friday.

Whenever you've got the time is fine. No rush!

#2B0330DD

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6395 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:27:07 »

I'm fine with saying goodbye to the money I spent on my order, I've come to terms with it, but is that the unfortunate position of everyone on Mashby's list?
They're isn't much we can do. As far as I know the parts for his group of orders were sent to @mashby there aren't even enough of some parts to completely fulfill our own groups much less any large stockpile of extras.

I've tried reaching out to him through various means but clearly whatever he has going on his life right now has taken precedent over coming here and giving an update or even responding to contact.

This seems to happen a lot when people commit to helping with things then life throws an unexpected curve ball and people get overwhelmed, this 'hobby' life is what must be put aside for a while.

We can only hope things clear up for him and he comes back or at least let's one of us help him and get his parts to finish fulfillment.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6396 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:31:57 »

They're isn't much we can do. As far as I know the parts for his group of orders were sent to @mashby there aren't even enough of some parts to completely fulfill our own groups much less any large stockpile of extras.

I've tried reaching out to him through various means but clearly whatever he has going on his life right now has taken precedent over coming here and giving an update or even responding to contact.

This seems to happen a lot when people commit to helping with things then life throws an unexpected curve ball and people get overwhelmed, this 'hobby' life is what must be put aside for a while.

We can only hope things clear up for him and he comes back or at least let's one of us help him and get his parts to finish fulfillment.

I'm sure to the people waiting it means nothing, but mashby is a great guy, and if he isn't responding, there will be a genuine reason as to why

Whilst hopping on and providing an update in theory takes little to no time, sometimes it's easier to put something completely aside and deal with whatever is in front of you so you can attack the thing you put aside all at once when you can.

That being said, I for sure will have some extra parts, not switches or stabs, but pcbs for sure and I'm happy to forward those on to people that'll need em once I've wrapped up my guys

Offline vorn

« Reply #6397 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 05:35:19 »
Thanks for the response. Beside this GB, the only other I participated in was that DSA Dolch GB that went south. All I can do is wait, and that's what I'll do :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6398 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:47:35 »
Some good news. I finally heard back from mashby and he's alive!

Slammed with life but he says tentatively he has his sights set on June for digging into his GH60 stuffs.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6399 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 16:03:01 »
Some good news. I finally heard back from mashby and he's alive!

Slammed with life but he says tentatively he has his sights set on June for digging into his GH60 stuffs.

Thanks for your efforts in contacting him good sir