Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 268 (100% Shipped)  (Read 151000 times)

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
Re: [GB] Noxary 268 (In Production)
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 12:51:34 »

Is it possible to add stepped caps for the PC partial plate? Since they havn't gone into production, and a lot of non universal plates still allow stepped and non-stepped caps. Anyone have objections to adding it?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 268 (1st Batch Arrived)
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 10:40:23 »
Received the first lot of parts today; silver/unanodized cases with some weights from both normal and AG, and I think all brass plates.

I'll do a proper inventory check later today and see if any can be sent out.

Small teaser :-*

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 10:48:09 »
Received the first lot of parts today; silver/unanodized cases with some weights from both normal and AG, and I think all brass plates.

I'll do a proper inventory check later today and see if any can be sent out.

Small teaser :-*

Show Image

Looking forward to hearing more news

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 12:30:00 »
Done the count - 1 order is ready, and I've contacted them :p

The anodized cases & weights look great. Very happy with what I'm seeing.

I'll get some more images up later.

Unfortunately there is some bad news. I planned to have the PC plates produced locally, but it hasn't worked out. I'll be getting these made at a previous place I've used for PC plates, and it shouldn't delay the 2nd batch. The downside to this is that 4 total could've shipped, but 3 of these have PC plates, so I'll have to hold onto them for now. They'll ship at the normal time (this 1st batch is "early").

ETA for the rest is after CNY, so I'm not expecting to hear anything new until afterwards. :thumb:

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 12:31:23 »
Looks promising! Thanks for the updates.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 12:34:08 »
Done the count - 1 order is ready, and I've contacted them :p

The anodized cases & weights look great. Very happy with what I'm seeing.

Show Image

Show Image

I'll get some more images up later.

Unfortunately there is some bad news. I planned to have the PC plates produced locally, but it hasn't worked out. I'll be getting these made at a previous place I've used for PC plates, and it shouldn't delay the 2nd batch. The downside to this is that 4 total could've shipped, but 3 of these have PC plates, so I'll have to hold onto them for now. They'll ship at the normal time (this 1st batch is "early").

ETA for the rest is after CNY, so I'm not expecting to hear anything new until afterwards. :thumb:

That's my weight!  :eek:

Offline Harms

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:08:49 »
Wow glad I choose the brass plate now :).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:21:12 »
Kinda sad I didn't join.  I was on the fence. Apparently I didn't make the right choice :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 22:40:48 »
Forgot to post these, the two images show the before and after of the blocker sizing and the inner edge finishing changes:

As you can see, perfect! :))

Offline poolside

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 01:11:02 »
Looks good :thumb:

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 02:27:23 »
Forgot to post these, the two images show the before and after of the blocker sizing and the inner edge finishing changes:

Show Image

Show Image

As you can see, perfect! :))

oh gosh, that raw aluminum, i love it.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 11:55:38 »
great choice on that blocker revision, cant wait for this!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:10:20 »
dank
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline bminhz

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 21:10:47 »
Can't wait! Looks excellent

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:59:34 »

Crap picture but this shows three things:
  • 4 month patina
  • Feet addition
  • 268 weight
^-^

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 12:02:24 »
Liking that patina  :thumb:

I sent you a PM about a spot transfer. 

Offline megaforce

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 22:58:15 »
Ship mine first pls
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 13:49:06 »
Been playing around with the production units, and I've come across an issue that isn't really an issue.

In short, the screw used for the stabilizers in the spacebar hits the bottom when joining. In the pursuit for thinness, I completely forgot about this, and it's fully my fault.

The only "problem" that this causes is that without the top and bottom screwed together, the pieces won't be flat together. When joining the top & bottom, thanks to the properties of aluminum, they join completely fine. There are no gaps, or warping etc. I believe it's about 0.7mm that clips.

Happy to answer any questions on it that I didn't cover, and sorry I messed up :-X

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 13:56:27 »
What he's saying is the screws on gmk screw in stabs will hit the bottom of the case when you start to assemble. It will still screw together and look/work fine but at first it will look like you don't have the clearance. Clip in stabs should be no prob. Apparently gmk screws are taller in reality than the official spec says they should be.
keyboards.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 13:58:49 »
Can you show us some photos? Would it be possible to buy different screws so that it doesn't become an issue?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:06:05 »
Can you show us some photos? Would it be possible to buy different screws so that it doesn't become an issue?

Can't show any photos for now, but it'll be apparent once you get it on hand.

You could buy different screws, but there really isn't a need as it works.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:19:42 »
will the screw in stabs used for the spacebar make a mark on the inside of the case with the supplied GMK screws? I would rather not put excess pressure on either the case or pcb - even if minimal.

I would love to know specs needed to try and locate some flat top screw to use instead.

Thanks for the headsup!

(a quick fix you probably would not like (anti led :P ) would be an acrylic layer at 1 or 2 mm, and longer body bolts , increasing height and sandwhiching - maybe an idea for a second small fix?)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:22:20 »
will the screw in stabs used for the spacebar make a mark on the inside of the case with the supplied GMK screws? I would rather not put excess pressure on either the case or pcb - even if minimal.

I would love to know specs needed to try and locate some flat top screw to use instead.

Thanks for the headsup!

(a quick fix you probably would not like (anti led :P ) would be an acrylic layer at 1 or 2 mm, and longer body bolts , increasing height and sandwhiching - maybe an idea for a second small fix?)

I'm already researching screws :P

My guess is something like this will work:

https://www.nbk1560.com/en-US/products/specialscrew/nedzicom/lowsmallheadscrew/SETS/SETS-M2/

Worst case I will totally just order customs screws with .2mm heads and sell them to anyone else who wants some. I'm positive there is some way to make it fit with screw ins :P

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:26:01 »

Thanks for the headsup!

It's left a small mark on the production case I've tested, but not in my sample, so it might only affect some. No real way of telling apart from doing a whole build on every case.

0.8mm head height should be the tallest that will work.

Acrylic makes me sad.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:27:33 »

Thanks for the headsup!

It's left a small mark on the production case I've tested, but not in my sample, so it might only affect some. No real way of telling apart from doing a whole build on every case.

0.8mm head height should be the tallest that will work.

Acrylic makes me sad.

Thanks for the headsup!

https://www.nbk1560.com/en-US/products/specialscrew/nedzicom/lowsmallheadscrew/SETS/SETS-M2/

Worst case I will totally just order customs screws with .2mm heads and sell them to anyone else who wants some. I'm positive there is some way to make it fit with screw ins :P

nice, thats a great solution - pretty sure the gmk stab bases arent even threaded- so just need it fat enough to bite - but would need confirmation - dont have any not installed on hand.

And Xondat - brass would be banging  :cool:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:28:27 »
Oh thinking about it, a spacer wouldn't work as the USB cutout is on the bottom so moving the top piece up would make the USB also move.

And no, the stabilizer bases aren't pre-threaded.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:29:13 »
short screw tops it is  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:32:52 »
The only time I've ever had a stabilizer pull out was when using a set of thick vortex PBT caps.  GMK and ABS sets by SP are usually quite loose.  So, I think I'll just use non screw-in.  Darn PBT.  Feels so nice but so hard to mold perfectly.

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 16:19:35 »

Thanks for the headsup!

If you end up doing this, sign me up. Doesn't hurt to have a backup plan.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline megaforce

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:04:59 »
Or you know, just don't use screw in stabs.

lul.
More

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 19:20:50 »

lul.

I like zeal stabs, all zeal stabs are screw in ergo... spending $20 whole dollars on screws... i know i know, i'm gonna have to cut the meals to just raman and rice after such an exorbitant expense since who can afford that?

I spent $400 on a board, I'll spend $20 more to get it as close to perfect as I can...

I'm not complaining or saying there is anything wrong with clip ins, just saying there are options for those who don't want to use them.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 19:24:54 »

lul.

I like zeal stabs, all zeal stabs are screw in ergo... spending $20 whole dollars on screws... i know i know, i'm gonna have to cut the meals to just raman and rice after such an exorbitant expense since who can afford that?

I spent $400 on a board, I'll spend $20 more to get it as close to perfect as I can...

I'm not complaining or saying there is anything wrong with clip ins, just saying there are options for those who don't want to use them.

but screw ins are overrated :thinking:

More

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 21:12:56 »

lul.

Overrated or not, there are no clip in zeal stabs... its really not that complicated. I like the way the clear zeal stabs look, so I will find a way to use them.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 22:57:21 »

lul.

Overrated or not, there are no clip in zeal stabs... its really not that complicated. I like the way the clear zeal stabs look, so I will find a way to use them.

but zeal stabs are overrated :thinking:
More

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 22:59:37 »

lul.

but zeal stabs are overrated :thinking:

:canunot:

Offline vegs

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 03:29:12 »

lul.

screw ins overrated?
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2018, 03:32:05 by vegs »
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline kekstee

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 09:08:56 »
Probably no difference in daily use, but I really like to use Cherry screw ins for how solid they are.

How is this going to affect future boards based on the same inner design?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:16:49 »
He's increasing the height to 15mm from 14.7 to compensate. See the 280 IC.
keyboards.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:19:52 »
Geeze, that's literally unusable, guess I'm not getting a 280  ;D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 10:39:56 »
Probably no difference in daily use, but I really like to use Cherry screw ins for how solid they are.

How is this going to affect future boards based on the same inner design?

You can still use them, no problems 4 months in. I only noticed with the production, didn’t experience it at all with the sample. Nothing internal changed so...

I’ve raised the internals a little and adddd a small cutout, best I could do meant a .3mm raise. :'(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 13:11:53 »

Just finished building my brass plate, will post thoughts later on assembly etc. :D

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 13:15:18 »
holy fk that plate looks so clean in the single layout - Great work

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 14:18:26 »
I don't know about you, but I'd sure like to see a little snek sticker on it like in his avitar   :p

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 15:01:55 »
Show Image

Just finished building my brass plate, will post thoughts later on assembly etc. :D

Can't wait to hear the review. Board looks clean  :thumb:

Offline romchique

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 16:04:03 »
Pretty nice board. So sad I didn't participate in the GB.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 18:21:24 »
cant wait to sticker bomb mine
More

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 15:46:05 »
Any updates on the feels?  :)

I need some low sleek and slim 268 in my life ASAP

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 18:24:29 »

I've got like 12 essays to write plz ship haha

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:03:48 »

I've got like 12 essays to write plz ship haha

i switched to my RF because of this post
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline techfresh

« Reply #349 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:04:53 »
cant wait to sticker bomb mine
You offer sticker bomb services?? Im with you on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk