Author Topic: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | REFUNDING  (Read 206712 times)

Offline kolashnikov

Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | Waiting on Packaging/Sorting
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:14:24 »
Can I get confirmation on how long the space bar is on this board? I've never had a winkeyless layout like this, but it looks longer than standard. Thinking about jumping in on the zeal stabs while they're in GB mode.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:16:27 »
Can I get confirmation on how long the space bar is on this board? I've never had a winkeyless layout like this, but it looks longer than standard. Thinking about jumping in on the zeal stabs while they're in GB mode.

Standard WKL stabs are 7u long for space.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Ponkan

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:23:36 »

I'm pretty sure stabs are included unless you really want those Zeal stabs.

Offline plugable

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 23:26:23 »
27, your plate is finished good sir:

Cutting V2 diffuser prototype next!

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 23:27:34 »

Show Image

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 23:50:02 »

Show Image

Thanks friendo!

Can't wait to try this out with the box blacks in my prototype rebuild  :thumb:
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline plugable

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 04:21:24 »
All the goodies...

Smoke acrylic plate, prototype V2 diffuser, prototype felt sound damper, prototype TKL-V1 & V2 cork bottoms.

Offline poolside

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 16:31:18 »
A cork insert filling the maple-leaf underside cutout of the V2 would be nice as well.

Offline plugable

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:21:03 »
A cork insert filling the maple-leaf underside cutout of the V2 would be nice as well.

This could easily be arranged!

As can any of the other parts once 27 confirms if the fitment is OK or if I need to adjust anything. So anyone who wishes for some accessories I can certainly work with them to make it happen.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:07:44 »

As can any of the other parts once 27 confirms if the fitment is OK or if I need to adjust anything. So anyone who wishes for some accessories I can certainly work with them to make it happen.

um sign me up for at the least the felt and cork options! sounds awesome.
-Dana

Offline bminhz

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 08:59:13 »

I am in for all except maybe the acrylic plate  :cool:

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:01:33 »
Just realized I'm still unsure, is the plate switch-top removable? Really like how this is turning out, super hyped!  :thumb:

Offline Jedi

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:03:48 »
Just realized I'm still unsure, is the plate switch-top removable? Really like how this is turning out, super hyped!  :thumb:

Show Image

No

Offline edsucks

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 11:14:05 »

Show Image

No

It's a plate with MX + Alps compatible cutouts, so it should support switch top opening for both MX and Alps.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 13:21:07 »
The MX/ALPS switch holes should support opening for MX and ALPS switches.

Also! I've been sorting a bit this weekend since I finished up exams.  So far there haven't been any quality issues.  I haven't seen the alignment pins in any of the boxes I've opened yet, so I'll have to fire off an email to the shop during the week.  This won't cause any delays to the late January to mid-February shipping dates.

Offline plugable

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 01:56:42 »

Also! I've been sorting a bit this weekend since I finished up exams.  So far there haven't been any quality issues.  I haven't seen the alignment pins in any of the boxes I've opened yet, so I'll have to fire off an email to the shop during the week.  This won't cause any delays to the late January to mid-February shipping dates.

Are the alignment pins removable after install? If so, then I actually don't need to modify the diffuser design. And it will look better since the pins would block the light (I'll be using my V1 PCB since V2 doesn't have underglow on the PCB right?).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 11:25:16 »

Are the alignment pins removable after install? If so, then I actually don't need to modify the diffuser design. And it will look better since the pins would block the light (I'll be using my V1 PCB since V2 doesn't have underglow on the PCB right?).

v2 PCB is just a TX87, so it does have underglow
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Gamecat

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 15:35:44 »
All the goodies...

Show Image

Smoke acrylic plate, prototype V2 diffuser, prototype felt sound damper, prototype TKL-V1 & V2 cork bottoms.

Interested in the cork bottom for dampening (was thinking about getting sorbothane bumpons, but this seems even better), how does it attach to the case bottom? 

Offline plugable

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 05:16:12 »
Interested in the cork bottom for dampening (was thinking about getting sorbothane bumpons, but this seems even better), how does it attach to the case bottom?

It has double sided tape attached to the cork. So just peel and stick! It also has enough give to let you place it lightly and try again if you aren't spot on. Though once it's on there and has had 5lbs of pressure sitting on it for a while, you're probably going to need to use a heat gun to get it off again (this will not damage the ano).

Offline joey

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 05:21:01 »
All the goodies...

Show Image

naaaaaajs   :cool: :cool:

Offline poolside

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 17:12:11 »

Thanks, I think I could use a few of these parts too. The smoke plate looks great  :thumb:

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 13:09:08 »
Hey everyone!  Still waiting for the foam to arrive.  I've finished sorting through the top pieces and there's a handful that need to go back for anodizing.  I'll post pictures of the flaws once I've finished sorting through the bottoms as well.

Offline bminhz

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 16:55:45 »
Hey everyone!  Still waiting for the foam to arrive.  I've finished sorting through the top pieces and there's a handful that need to go back for anodizing.  I'll post pictures of the flaws once I've finished sorting through the bottoms as well.

Sad news...will this delay our timeline?

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 17:57:34 »

Sad news...will this delay our timeline?

This most likely will not delay our timeline.  There is always a chance, but I'll keep you all posted.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 16:41:30 »
Packaging is sitting in customs waiting for me to fill out some forms (which I will do tomorrow).

Also funnily enough, my QA/QC professor works for the local shop and personally programmed the CNC machining for the Mech27-TKLv2 cases!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:44:51 »
awesome news.

I hope we get these in time for the Columbus meet up on 3/3. Fingers crossed!
-Dana

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:45:42 »
If not there is always keycon!

Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 01:59:24 »
awesome news.

I hope we get these in time for the Columbus meet up on 3/3. Fingers crossed!

spoke to devin today, you'll almost definitely have it by then
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 14:24:14 »
Customs paperwork submitted to my broker!  I need to finish QC on the bottom pieces and take pictures of the damages for my manufacturer tonight.  As of now there will be no delays on our shipping schedule.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 17:47:30 »
Hey everyone!

Here's the pictures of the rejected pieces.  They are generally all like this, or just an unsatisfactory finish, likely from oxidizing while in the anodizing queue.

A count of rejected pieces will be posted in just a moment.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 17:48:14 »

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 17:49:10 »
This will not cause any delays in our shipping schedule at this time.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: [GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | Waiting on Packaging
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:07:55 »
FYI, silver is the color that was the most ordered, so all colors are about equally represented adjusted for the amount ordered.

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:19:17 »
Can't wait for this! Thanks for the excellent communication  :thumb:

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
[GB] Mech27-TKLv2 | Made in Canada | Waiting on Packaging
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:50:53 »
Oh okaaay, I’ll take a silver top and red bottom rejected piece then.. (legit way to get split colours?)
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:56:21 by crtexcnndrm99 »
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:05:34 »
Oh okaaay, I’ll take a silver top and red bottom rejected piece then.. (legit way to get split colours?)

they're gonna be stripped and reanodized, not re milled

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:07:42 »

they're gonna be stripped and reanodized, not re milled

Hehe

You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline Muiju

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 11:19:12 »

Interested. Will these be available via mech27 site?
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline ricrackem

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 11:50:01 »
Really appreciating the updates and communication the QC! This is how GBs should go

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 12:50:31 »
Really appreciating the updates and communication the QC! This is how GBs should go

that was the goal from the start

"if anything happens, just post it in the thread"

that way it's easier to just go "no updates" if there aren't any

Offline plugable

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 20:18:46 »
Interested. Will these be available via mech27 site?

Unlikely, probably direct through me via PM for now. A few people have reached out via email as well. I don't expect there to be a huge demand, but I'll probably post back with an official IC here for the V2 buyers. I need to have mine in hand to verify fitment anyways, so unfortunately I can't offer parts just yet.

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 09:58:18 »
Will the diffuser be frosted at all or will we have to do that ourselves?

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 16:31:23 »
Will the diffuser be frosted at all or will we have to do that ourselves?

There is no diffuser included with the Mech27-TKLv2.  If you are asking thebeephaha, I believe that he has a frosted material, but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline dysphorical

• i love anime girls
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 17:05:39 »
Yeah, I meant for thebeep.

Offline plugable

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 21:20:16 »
Yeah, I meant for thebeep.

I can do whatever you want. Clear, frosted, etc. Just PM me to discuss options.

As a reminder to anyone else interested, these parts I am making are for the good people who backed 27 for his beautiful TKL-V2 (and V1 if you happen to have one of those as well), but I have no official affiliation with him or these boards. He's letting me post here as a courtesy, so try to PM me with questions.

Offline Muiju

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 23:09:00 »
Does the PCB come pre-soldered with diodes + resistors?
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 23:46:24 »
Does the PCB come pre-soldered with diodes + resistors?

yes

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 17:07:38 »
Hey everyone! I totally ****ed up on some customs clearance so the packaging is taking longer than expected.  This may delay shipping for a couple of weeks but I should be able to get everything out within the month of February.

This is completely due to my lack of experience with the freight process and not having the proper documentation prepared.  This will not happen in the future.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 17:09:31 »
Hey everyone! I totally ****ed up on some customs clearance so the packaging is taking longer than expected.  This may delay shipping for a couple of weeks but I should be able to get everything out within the month of February.

This is completely due to my lack of experience with the freight process and not having the proper documentation prepared.  This will not happen in the future.

it's not a GB without delays

Offline plugable

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 21:26:13 »

Doh! :p