Author Topic: (GB)GMK Camping (shipped)  (Read 82609 times)

Offline mudcakehoney

Re: (GB)GMK Camping (production finished, awaiting dispatch from GMK)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 01:32:22 »
Anywhere we can still buy mats?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 06:56:03 »
Anywhere we can still buy mats?

I'll have extras once the GB ships out.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 13:32:43 »
Anyone know if Kono really sold out on the sets they have or is it just a place holder default config showing "out of stock"? Asking because an EU shop has it in stock but I'd rather order from a US retailer.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 14:07:32 »
Anyone know if Kono really sold out on the sets they have or is it just a place holder default config showing "out of stock"? Asking because an EU shop has it in stock but I'd rather order from a US retailer.

I sure hope they have extras. I'd love to pick up this keyset.

Offline lizardsticks

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 14:23:26 »
I believe the sold out is a placeholder. There was a bug on the site that allowed you to check out camping kits via join waitlist. I emailed them about it and then I saw it was changed to sold out.

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 16:21:37 »
What's the deal with the NA kits? Any updates on when these are shipping?

Offline J4BR0NI

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 17:35:50 »
Yeah, I too am curious about the NA ship dates...

Offline Haaaaaandrew

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 17:49:25 »
Also curious about an NA shipping update

Offline Allo

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 22:48:43 »
I asked in the IC discord, and they said it should be this week.

Offline kivx

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 09:30:43 »

JYL00790
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

I took some pics to show the comparision.

Full Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgsJhxu

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 21:56:14 »
Show Image

JYL00790
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

Lovely sets. I'm jealous =p

Offline Lotsati

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 07:04:28 »
Show Image

JYL00790
by Jayin Lee, 於 Flickr

Lovely photos. Please do take more of other sets in the future like this :)

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 21:53:30 »
Anyone who ordered from Kono get a shipping notification yet?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 11:16:01 »
Anyone who ordered from Kono get a shipping notification yet?
Nope..

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 13:20:12 »
still no shipping notice from Kono.

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 15:33:39 »
nothin from Kono from me either

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 17:54:11 »
Samesies. I don't even have a reason to be impatient since I don't have a board for it, but still feeling antsy waiting.

Offline upintheclouds

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 18:17:15 »
I asked in the IC discord, and they said it should be this week.
I can't find a discord link in the IC thread  :confused:

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 20:53:00 »
Yesterday Kono put out a newsletter which said "GMK Camping Shipping and Relaunching soon!" so I guess they'll have extras for sale.

I had also emailed them asking when they would ship and they replied this morning: "The GMK Camping keycap sets have arrived to our warehouse and will ship very soon. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact timeline. I hope this helps."

Offline kingnestea

Re: (GB)GMK Camping (all proxies excep NA shipped)
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 05:47:57 »
Hi guys,

Just came back from China after almost a month vacation, I'm glad to see so many awesome pictures taken of the GMK Camping set.
I'm pretty glad with the final result of the set except the tranlucent key. But it is what it is now.
To answer some of the questions above. Regarding to the information I received, all proxies have shipped out their orders except Kono.
The Kono package had some problem with import, and finally has arrived in their warehouse last week.
I guess shipping will start soon, extras will be available by then.
The mouse pads will be available on Massdrop for those who missed the GB. (Novelkey has some extras as well)

I want to thank you all for your patients along way with this GB and hope you all enjoy CAMPING!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: (GB)GMK Camping (all proxies except NA shipped)
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 06:00:53 »
Thanks for your hard work kingnestea! Hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Hi guys,

Just came back from China after almost a month vacation, I'm glad to see so many awesome pictures taken of the GMK Camping set.
I'm pretty glad with the final result of the set except the tranlucent key. But it is what it is now.
To answer some of the questions above. Regarding to the information I received, all proxies have shipped out their orders except Kono.
The Kono package had some problem with import, and finally has arrived in their warehouse last week.
The mouse pads will be available on Massdrop for those who missed the GB. (Novelkey has some extras as well)

I want to thank you all for your patients along way with this GB and hope you all enjoy CAMPING!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 09:52:41 »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it. Been wanting a set and wondering why Kono gone silent on Camping's status.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 09:58:51 »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it. Been wanting a set and wondering why Kono gone silent on Camping's status.

Yes, the update is much appreciated. But Kono's radio silence is not. I don't see why someone from Kono couldn't have jumped in on the thread (or blast an email to GB participants) to let us know they were having some issues with receiving instead of keeping us in the dark during kingnestea's absence. Rest of the world receiving theirs while NA waits in silence... not cool guys.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 10:11:29 »
Hi guys,

Yes, the update is much appreciated. But Kono's radio silence is not. I don't see why someone from Kono couldn't have jumped in on the thread (or blast an email to GB participants) to let us know they were having some issues with receiving instead of keeping us in the dark during kingnestea's absence. Rest of the world receiving theirs while NA waits in silence... not cool guys.

I guess that's because the main team of input club was in China settling Kira production and helping Kalh with their box switches.
And the guy who used to maintain Kono had some kinda of family issues. (his wify complained about him travelling too much ;D)

Offline dohmain

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 10:21:37 »
Hi guys,

I guess that's because the main team of input club was in China settling Kira production and helping Kalh with their box switches.
And the guy who used to maintain Kono had some kinda of family issues. (his wify complained about him travelling too much ;D)

I don't want to sound like a ****, but there will always be an excuse.

My point is simply that it doesn't take that much time and effort for one person to open a web browser and type out a paragraph. In the time it took someone to answer all the email inquiries about Camping status, they could've just blasted an email out to everyone and saved themselves the trouble.

Kono/InputClub is an established business that handles a lot of transactions (money) at one time. They should have systems in place where tasks get delegated to someone else when the "main team" is away. Posting on the internet or sending an email does not require someone to travel.

Also, in these modern times where we are constantly surrounded by connected technologies, you can't really tell me that someone from the "main team" was not able to remotely delegate tasks or even write an email themselves just because they are in a foreign country.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 10:35:12 »
Hi guys,

My point is simply that it doesn't take that much time and effort for one person to open a web browser and type out a paragraph. In the time it took someone to answer all the email inquiries about Camping status, they could've just blasted an email out to everyone and saved themselves the trouble.

Kono/InputClub is an established business that handles a lot of transactions (money) at one time. They should have systems in place where tasks get delegated to someone else when the "main team" is away. Posting on the internet or sending an email does not require someone to travel.

Also, in these modern times where we are constantly surrounded by connected technologies, you can't really tell me that someone from the "main team" was not able to remotely delegate tasks or even write an email themselves just because they are in a foreign country.

I'm not going to debate this.
IMO, the most important thing here is getting the sets out.
By famaly issue, maybe I wasn't clear enough, he was on leave due to that.
I tried to get on GH and Reddit to reply to some questions regarding the upcoming SP SA Lime set.
tbh, doing that in China is a pain in the a**.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 13:02:49 »
Hi guys,

I tried to get on GH and Reddit to reply to some questions regarding the upcoming SP SA Lime set.

Sorry. I wasn't looking for a debate. Admittedly, I did vent a little bit. But neither of that is helpful.
Honestly, delays are fine and whatever. I think most others will agree with me that open communication is more important than on-time delivery.

All I honestly wanted was some sort of accountability.

"Hey guys, sorry but the team was away working on something major and we overlooked assigning someone to handle communications with you guys. It won't happen again since we're putting systems in place to prevent this. We expect to ship your keycaps by xxxxxxx."

However, the attitude I got from your last reply was pretty much, "it is what it is, stop complaining, the keycaps are coming".

I understand that you run GBs and have to deal with people hounding you down all the time and are probably sick and tired of it. But still... I've said it before that the mechboard community is great because of the people in it, not because of the awesome products that get made. You, as a very visible member of the community, should strive to make the community better by improving on the things that leave some people with a bitter taste in their mouth about this community/hobby.

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 15:03:57 »
Thanks for the update, though I also echo the same concern. This practice seems to be somewhat common in the keyboard industry. We should, I think, give some allowance for potential differences in language and culture, but I have wondered about the experience and education of those running such large-scale groupbuys. (By education, I don't mean literate fluency in e.g. English, but rather how many have, e.g., an undergraduate degree in business--few I suspect.) I imagine that someone with the right skillset/background could make a very nice profit in this industry. /musing

Offline upintheclouds

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 18:19:49 »

And the guy who used to maintain Kono had some kinda of family issues.

Honestly, delays are fine and whatever. I think most others will agree with me that open communication is more important than on-time delivery.

Having worked in many small companies and startups, I completely disagree. I empathize with the need for an employee to connect with family and applaud an employer that prefers to allow that to ensure they have a happy employee. In a small enough company, a single extremely productive individual can cause small, unexpected interruptions when they leave. The company learns from the experience and evolves to document procedures and distribute tasks more deliberately.

Our notices about it have been delayed, but I think they've been extremely open in ecplaining the limitations of their business. Quite frankly I think we're seeing a degree of honesty and intimacy in the operations of these companies that isn't normally shared with customers, exactly because this is a community, and most people here should understand that everyone has needs, so they have IMHO gone above and beyond in accounting for their shortcoming in delayed notification to the community.

Quote from: dohmain
I've said it before that the mechboard community is great because of the people in it, not because of the awesome products that get made. You, as a very visible member of the community, should strive to make the community better by improving on the things that leave some people with a bitter taste in their mouth about this community/hobby.

As a relative noob to the mechanical keyboard community in general, and GH in particular, I'd like to do exactly this by making amends to mgsickler and kingnestea for being so whiny about missing out on the desk mats. It's a small thing, relatively, but I was caught off guard when the first I heard about it the GB was closed. I'm still super excited about this set and another shot at the pads!

Offline dohmain

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 00:05:49 »

And the guy who used to maintain Kono had some kinda of family issues.

Having worked in many small companies and startups, I completely disagree. I empathize with the need for an employee to connect with family and applaud an employer that prefers to allow that to ensure they have a happy employee. In a small enough company, a single extremely productive individual can cause small, unexpected interruptions when they leave. The company learns from the experience and evolves to document procedures and distribute tasks more deliberately.

Our notices about it have been delayed, but I think they've been extremely open in ecplaining the limitations of their business. Quite frankly I think we're seeing a degree of honesty and intimacy in the operations of these companies that isn't normally shared with customers, exactly because this is a community, and most people here should understand that everyone has needs, so they have IMHO gone above and beyond in accounting for their shortcoming in delayed notification to the community.

Quote from: dohmain
I've said it before that the mechboard community is great because of the people in it, not because of the awesome products that get made. You, as a very visible member of the community, should strive to make the community better by improving on the things that leave some people with a bitter taste in their mouth about this community/hobby.

As a relative noob to the mechanical keyboard community in general, and GH in particular, I'd like to do exactly this by making amends to mgsickler and kingnestea for being so whiny about missing out on the desk mats. It's a small thing, relatively, but I was caught off guard when the first I heard about it the GB was closed. I'm still super excited about this set and another shot at the pads!

Wow, when you cut out parts of the reply I sound like a complete ****...

Yes, kingnestea said "the guy who used to maintain Kono had some kinda of family issues" and then explains it as "his wify complained about him travelling too much"

I interpreted that as he couldn't go to China because he was taking time off and staying home because his wife didn't want him to travel for work anymore.

When I replied with "I don't want to sound like a ****, but there will always be an excuse." I was referring to the entire excuse of Kono team went to China, and the guy staying home so there was no one to give us updates. I wasn't saying "Oh, family problems. What a convenient excuse".
Perhaps I misinterpreted it, but it was not my intention to say he should prioritize work over family. Never. I thought since he was home it shouldn't be a problem for him to send out an email while the rest of the team was in China.

I agree 100% with you. In a small company (even in a large company), just one person leaving (let alone a whole team) can be very disruptive to operations. And, as you said, this is an opportunity for the company to learn from the experience.

However, as I stated in my last reply, I just didn't get that impression from kingnestea.

It's really the small, simple things. If kingnestea just let us know before he left for China, "hey guys, going to china for a month so you probably might not hear from me until I get back.
At least then we know there is a reason for the lack of communication and we could just avoid all of this.

I mean, check the optics of the situation. GMK ships the sets, which is pretty much the last update we get before kingnestea disappears. Rest of the world starts receiving their sets and we still get nothing silence. Obviously there is an issue, but since we have no updates people have to inquire directly to Kono and they just get vague replies. "will ship very soon" but "don't have the exact timeline". So, something is wrong, they're not sure how long it will take to resolve the issue... and to top it all off kingnestea went MIA without any notice.

Okay, upintheclouds, you made a nice gesture so I'm gonna make one too.
I have 2 large Camping deskmats on order. One is yours for what I paid + shipping.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 August 2018, 00:09:21 by dohmain »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 13:21:41 »
Hi guys,

Sorry. I wasn't looking for a debate. Admittedly, I did vent a little bit. But neither of that is helpful.

"Hey guys, sorry but the team was away working on something major and we overlooked assigning someone to handle communications with you guys. It won't happen again since we're putting systems in place to prevent this. We expect to ship your keycaps by xxxxxxx."

However, the attitude I got from your last reply was pretty much, "it is what it is, stop complaining, the keycaps are coming".

I understand that you run GBs and have to deal with people hounding you down all the time and are probably sick and tired of it. But still... I've said it before that the mechboard community is great because of the people in it, not because of the awesome products that get made. You, as a very visible member of the community, should strive to make the community better by improving on the things that leave some people with a bitter taste in their mouth about this community/hobby.

I tried to explain what happened, and you sounded like I don't give a fk about why Kono wasn't communicating.
I feel really sorry for you guys who joined with Kono and get delayed without comminucation, but please do not sound like it was my bad.
I run the whole GB and am not part of any proxies, my responsibility is a great product.
Fulfillment is delegated to all the proxies. I can not tell them what to do, especially when it comes down to company priovity.
My attitude is, what happened with NA wasn't fun, but I understand and do not blame them.
I met Anrew in China, he's a nice guy but he's pretty busy as well, we went to Shenzhen to visit a manufacturer, he returned to his hotel at 11pm and was heading to a video conference with his group in the US.
I can understand that they may prefer to spend their time in something which really helps move a project rather than replying queries which will not help progress anything but just to make someone comfortable and happy.
After all, I do agree that they could have done it better and I have also referenced this to them.
All I'm asking for is a little bit more patients and please do not sound like you are taking your anger on Kono to me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 August 2018, 13:28:16 by kingnestea »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 14:33:26 »
Thanks for the updates, kingnestea. I think it's in the minority to be angry at Kono right now. It is what it is, and the best thing to do is to wait patiently while cordially requesting for updates and providing feedback where it's due. Don't stress over this undeserved anger.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 14:40:03 »
*snip*
I can understand that they may prefer to spend their time in something which really helps move a project rather than replying queries which will not help progress anything but just to make someone comfortable and happy.
*snip*

Just my 2¢, but I'd say in an instance like this where the other proxies have finished shipping and we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs, that just a small message in this thread or a store email that just says something like "Hey, there's a delay in shipment due to prior obligations at the moment, apologies for the delay, nothing's on fire or anything." would be plenty to keep people from wondering if there's been a major issue or not and prevent many of the individual emails that may be sent in for inquiry. It's not so much "making people comfortable and happy" as it is letting people know that there's not a major problem or cause for concern with the set that many people paid a considerable amount of money for and been waiting for since what, February?. I would dare say that if you're a vendor that's taken money for a GB or per-order and there's delays, then you're obligated to at least try to let people know what's going on, even if you can only squeeze out a short statement, especially when we've gone past the PayPal protection date at this point. I've found that people in this community will generally be very accepting of delays and very supportive of your situation as long as you're open about it and try to update regularly compared to just going radio silent.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 16:56:43 »
*snip*
*snip*
I've found that people in this community will generally be very accepting of delays and very supportive of your situation as long as you're open about it and try to update regularly compared to just going radio silent.

I thought Kono sent out mails everytime there is a progress, didn't they?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 17:07:19 »
I've just talked to Andrew, the orders were supposed to go out on last Thursday and for some reason it didn't happen.
Kono called the warehouse and they promised it will happen on Monday.
Kono will update on Monday if anything changes. They will also put out a letter to all participants explaining why it took so long for the sets to arrive at their warehouse.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 23:48:19 »
I tried to explain what happened, and you sounded like I don't give a fk about why Kono wasn't communicating.

Honestly, like I said in my previous reply, I mostly just looking for some accountability. However, like I said before, the feeling I got from your response was "it is what it is, stop complaining, the keycaps are coming".

I feel really sorry for you guys who joined with Kono and get delayed without comminucation, but please do not sound like it was my bad.
I run the whole GB and am not part of any proxies, my responsibility is a great product.
Fulfillment is delegated to all the proxies. I can not tell them what to do, especially when it comes down to company priovity.

It's sometimes really difficult to know who is affiliated with who. I don't pay attention to what name is doing what with what organization... I just see something I like and I join the buys.
I honestly thought you were part of Kono.

I thought Kono sent out mails everytime there is a progress, didn't they?

Sadly, they did not.

https://i.imgur.com/VZ0CQ7C.png

These are all the Kono emails since over a month ago. The only mention of Camping was on 8/20 and all it said was "Shipping and Relaunching soon!"

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 00:59:52 »
Let's stop beating the dead horse with long quotes and move on. This is getting counter intuitive.

Kingnestea, any idea on when extras will be sold?

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 09:05:26 »
i received this from Kono today after asking when GMK Camping will be shipping.

"We are very sorry about the delays with GMK Camping.
There have been complications with our distribution center that caused all shipments to be delayed that we were also not made aware of immediately. We are currently talking with them to get all of this fixed and are considering a new distribution solution as well."

Offline BestShuckleNA

• はあちゃまっちゃま~!
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 11:00:59 »
So happy in the end I went with Asian proxy even tho I'm in Canada because Kono didn't take paypal. Would've still been waiting with the rest of you in NA

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline jaeun87

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 16:57:07 »
Extremely unprofessional from Kono to not even fire out an email to the buyers of the GB. Honestly it doesn't take more than 15 - 30 minutes to do so. Family emergency, or business trip, or whatever, you name it, you can still fire off an email explaining there's delays and that there will be a new ETA.

Even since the first delay, I had to find out secondhand and not from Kono. It's amateur hour over here.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 17:06:26 »
Extremely unprofessional from Kono to not even fire out an email to the buyers of the GB. Honestly it doesn't take more than 15 - 30 minutes to do so. Family emergency, or business trip, or whatever, you name it, you can still fire off an email explaining there's delays and that there will be a new ETA.

Even since the first delay, I had to find out secondhand and not from Kono. It's amateur hour over here.

Kono's always been terrible at replying or even writing emails. I have sent them maybe 6 inquiries, never heard back on  4 of them and then it took them well over a week to respond with 1 sentence answers the 2 times I've gotten replies.

Highly unprofessional.

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 17:51:02 »
Extremely unprofessional from Kono to not even fire out an email to the buyers of the GB.

Did you not get the email they sent out on the 29th? They didn't update anyone because they had no idea what was going on with their distribution center. I agree that it would have been better for them to tell us that they were having issues and they didn't have an ETA, but it's somewhat understandable that they wanted to wait until they knew what was happening. Here it is for anyone who didn't get it:
More
Information about our blunder of the highest magnitude.

Community Members,

We have an important update about Kono’s recent store-wide shipping delays. Fixing the distribution system was our top priority, and information was scarce, so we had to gather more details before sending a report to you. Note that GMK Camping will begin shipping within the next 24 hours (if it hasn’t already). We apologize for the delays.

A series of events culminated in a complete shipping stoppage at our distribution center. When GMK Camping arrived, we anticipated a quick departure to customers. Instead, we faced a variety of problems that stonewalled all Kono shipping (including Lime).

GMK Camping arrived with incorrect weight labeling, which automatically moved it to the back of the check-in queue. We were not made aware of that labeling mismatch. It also wasn’t the core issue. Once we noticed that orders weren’t shipping, we frantically emailed and called our account manager. He did not reply. Eventually, we turned to informal communication channels. Those channels revealed (after significant amounts of time, effort, and corporate ladder climbing) that our account manager left the company a few days prior. We were not given a new account manager or made aware of the development. In addition, our warehouse support engineers failed to recognize the problem we faced.

The weight labeling was not the root cause of our shipping delays. In short, Shopify changed their API without telling third party integration partners (which affected other stores as well). The alteration caused errors between Shopify and our warehouse that effectively cut all intersystem communications. New orders, therefore, were not shipped. Some older orders may have shipped without email notifications and / or tracking information (we’ll fix any issues that arise).

The fiasco will be completely resolved after a few days of recovery work and communications with our new account manager. As of now, we’re essentially up and running at full speed. Kono is actively investigating other fulfillment solutions as well, though we aren’t sure if we will switch yet.

Thank you so much for your patience. We were in the dark about the situation for quite some time, so we’re incredibly glad to have such a passionate and supportive community behind us.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us via support@kono.store.

Thank you,

The Kono Team

And here's the update they sent out just today:
More
Kono Community,

The shipping delays are over. GMK Camping, Lime, and all other items are moving. Later orders (after Tuesday 8/28) were sent and paired with automated tracking emails properly.

If you haven’t received tracking info yet, don’t worry. We had to manually recreate all affected orders and send them to the warehouse for processing. The custom submission was a lengthy and involved task. It also doesn’t sync with our automated email system.

We’ll manually enter / email the tracking information for most people this weekend. All tracking information (barring any unique exceptions) should be live by next week Wednesday. If you haven’t received tracking by then, please contact support@kono.store.

GMK Camping extras will be available in the latter part of next week. We want to ensure that all Camping orders are on the way before offering extras on Kono.

Thanks again for your patience! We’re glad that everything is on the right track.

- The Kono Team

Offline Haaaaaandrew

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 18:45:13 »
I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Kono but my USPS informed delivery shows that the Kono warehouse printed a shipping label for me today  ^-^

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 11:02:31 »
Extremely unprofessional from Kono to not even fire out an email to the buyers of the GB.

Did you not get the email they sent out on the 29th? They didn't update anyone because they had no idea what was going on with their distribution center. I agree that it would have been better for them to tell us that they were having issues and they didn't have an ETA, but it's somewhat understandable that they wanted to wait until they knew what was happening. Here it is for anyone who didn't get it:
More

Community Members,

We have an important update about Kono’s recent store-wide shipping delays. Fixing the distribution system was our top priority, and information was scarce, so we had to gather more details before sending a report to you. Note that GMK Camping will begin shipping within the next 24 hours (if it hasn’t already). We apologize for the delays.

A series of events culminated in a complete shipping stoppage at our distribution center. When GMK Camping arrived, we anticipated a quick departure to customers. Instead, we faced a variety of problems that stonewalled all Kono shipping (including Lime).

GMK Camping arrived with incorrect weight labeling, which automatically moved it to the back of the check-in queue. We were not made aware of that labeling mismatch. It also wasn’t the core issue. Once we noticed that orders weren’t shipping, we frantically emailed and called our account manager. He did not reply. Eventually, we turned to informal communication channels. Those channels revealed (after significant amounts of time, effort, and corporate ladder climbing) that our account manager left the company a few days prior. We were not given a new account manager or made aware of the development. In addition, our warehouse support engineers failed to recognize the problem we faced.

The weight labeling was not the root cause of our shipping delays. In short, Shopify changed their API without telling third party integration partners (which affected other stores as well). The alteration caused errors between Shopify and our warehouse that effectively cut all intersystem communications. New orders, therefore, were not shipped. Some older orders may have shipped without email notifications and / or tracking information (we’ll fix any issues that arise).

The fiasco will be completely resolved after a few days of recovery work and communications with our new account manager. As of now, we’re essentially up and running at full speed. Kono is actively investigating other fulfillment solutions as well, though we aren’t sure if we will switch yet.

Thank you so much for your patience. We were in the dark about the situation for quite some time, so we’re incredibly glad to have such a passionate and supportive community behind us.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us via support@kono.store.

Thank you,

The Kono Team

More
Kono Community,

The shipping delays are over. GMK Camping, Lime, and all other items are moving. Later orders (after Tuesday 8/28) were sent and paired with automated tracking emails properly.

If you haven’t received tracking info yet, don’t worry. We had to manually recreate all affected orders and send them to the warehouse for processing. The custom submission was a lengthy and involved task. It also doesn’t sync with our automated email system.

We’ll manually enter / email the tracking information for most people this weekend. All tracking information (barring any unique exceptions) should be live by next week Wednesday. If you haven’t received tracking by then, please contact support@kono.store.

GMK Camping extras will be available in the latter part of next week. We want to ensure that all Camping orders are on the way before offering extras on Kono.

Thanks again for your patience! We’re glad that everything is on the right track.

- The Kono Team

"GMK Camping extras will be available in the latter part of next week. We want to ensure that all Camping orders are on the way before offering extras on Kono."

Thanks for the link and copypasta, Laughmaster. Yay! Looking forward to next week, finally.

Offline J4BR0NI

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 13:21:22 »
Has anyone recieved the tracking # emails that were supposed to be sent out? Still waiting for mine and wondering if its just kono being kono?

Offline merticusjones

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:31:07 »
Nah, no tracking# email yet, nor did I receive any of the update emails that someone a few responses up quoted.  At this point I figure it'll just show up on my doorstep in the next week, and if it doesn't well at least I have my order confirmation email from February saved.

Edit:. received a shipment notice from Kono today (9/5).. on it's way via UPS, should arrive next week.  Wooo!
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2018, 11:39:18 by merticusjones »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:32:49 »
I got my tracking number. Should be here in just a few days.

Offline Haaaaaandrew

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:42:27 »
I haven't gotten a shipping notice from Kono but my USPS informed delivery shows that the Kono warehouse printed a shipping label for me today  ^-^

Update: still no Kono email but I see the label is scheduled for delivery in 3 days

Offline jaeun87

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:58:39 »

More

Community Members,

Thank you,

The Kono Team

More
Kono Community,

- The Kono Team

Thanks for the info! Now the situation makes much more sense, no thanks to Kono.

I didn't get a single email from Kono. Nothing in my Spam folder either. It's also quite clear that most people didn't receive the email, which raises even more questions about Kono's professionalism and competence. I don't think it's that hard to pull a customer list and make sure everyone gets the emails especially when it's to communicate such a blunder. I know they have my email because all I get from Kono is their newsletters promoting their new products.

It's surprising to see that Shopify's process can come crashing down if a single person steps away from their post. For an entire month.

On a more positive note. I am excited about the keycaps and I do hope I get my tracking number soon!! :)

Offline HurtReynolds

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 18:17:07 »
I got my shipping notification a couple days ago and it should be here tomorrow  ;D