Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220860 times)

Offline onlinelife

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - First 20 Shipped
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:08:38 »
Just received mine, the packaging is great. Doesn't look like there are any issues with the top or bottom portion of the case.

However, the underside of the SS plate seem to be burned on mine. Anyone else has there like that?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:12:57 »
Just received mine, the packaging is great. Doesn't look like there are any issues with the top or bottom portion of the case.

However, the underside of the SS plate seem to be burned on mine. Anyone else has there like that?

Burned?

Pic?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Atredl

« Reply #602 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:18:49 »

It’s most likely from the laser cutting but a picture would help to see if it’s out of the norm.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:43:23 »

SS plates have always been a bit hit and miss from Duck. My Octagon V2 has this, and a lot of scratches.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #604 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 23:09:42 »
Can someone who received his/her board comment on whether it is hotlite compatible, and let us know which hotlite you're using?  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 23:15:08 »
Can someone who received his/her board comment on whether it is hotlite compatible, and let us know which hotlite you're using?  :thumb:

i heard from a korean user that it is not
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yookwh

« Reply #606 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 23:18:29 »
Well that's a bummer

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 02:00:09 »

Burned?

Pic?

Will take a picture tomorrow. I already re-packed it away until I build it tomorrow.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 02:28:51 »

Burned?

Pic?

Will take a picture tomorrow. I already re-packed it away until I build it tomorrow.

Those burn marks should be normal as the plate is lasered and not refinished on that site.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 07:53:26 »
Burn marks on the underside of SS plates are normal. For those who received your boards, please check your PCB to make sure it fully works. I've had many contact me after the fact months or years later mentioning that there are issues. As mentioned in the OP, I can only guarantee damages/defective items for 7 days from the day you receive the items.

On another note, I've advised Duck that the packages that were received are in good order. Now we wait for the remainder of the first batch :).

Edit:

Remaining first 30 are ready to go and will ship today! ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2017, 07:55:58 by elton5354 »

Offline gizmoplex

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - Remaining 30/50 Shipping Today!
« Reply #610 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:02:18 »
Now to the Jetfire IC/GB pleeease... ;D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:05:06 »
Burn marks on the underside of SS plates are normal. For those who received your boards, please check your PCB to make sure it fully works. I've had many contact me after the fact months or years later mentioning that there are issues. As mentioned in the OP, I can only guarantee damages/defective items for 7 days from the day you receive the items.

On another note, I've advised Duck that the packages that were received are in good order. Now we wait for the remainder of the first batch :).

Edit:

Woohoo!!

What is the timeline looking like for the second 50? Have they also entered production?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:15:44 »
what are steps to check pcb without assembling? For my last build, it didnt seem to recognize my board until I had everything soldered

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:36:27 »

Edit:

Woohoo!!

What is the timeline looking like for the second 50? Have they also entered production?

They are done producing too, as far as I understand they just need to be packed up too for shipping

20 orders are shipped and tracking is up for them. The rest will be shipped shortly after.  All lightsavers are produced and ready. It won't take much longer for the 2nd batch to ship out.

Also, once the first 20 that received theirs, can you please open the box carefully and check whether or not the air cushions that they used for the new packaging are still in tact?

Thanks.

Offline avid

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:37:47 »

Edit:

Woohoo!!

Elton said on last page "All lightsavers are produced and ready. It won't take much longer for the 2nd batch to ship out."

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:38:15 »
HOOOOOO BOY

Offline avid

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:45:44 »
For those who received your boards, please check your PCB to make sure it fully works.

Whats the best way to test the pcb?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:49:44 »
For those who received your boards, please check your PCB to make sure it fully works.

Plug in the PCB by itself and use tweezers and stick it in each of the through-holes for the switch. If it works, it'll register on a switch test program such as Aquakeytest or Switch Hitter (Elite Keyboards).

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #618 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 08:53:35 »

Plug in the PCB by itself and use tweezers and stick it in each of the through-holes for the switch. If it works, it'll register on a switch test program such as Aquakeytest or Switch Hitter (Elite Keyboards).

That makes sense, thanks! So basically just bridge them all like the switch would. I too was worried I wouldn't be able to build it in time as I am still waiting for parts.

Offline avid

« Reply #619 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:04:33 »

Perfect, thanks!  Looking forward to see all upcoming builds.

Now the jetfire hype begins  :cool:

Offline elton5354

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #621 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:43:12 »
SO MUCH HYPE! I am just glad I don't really care for 1800 style keyboards, I really shouldn't buy any more keyboards.... unless I come across an LSv2 so I can have a complete set :P

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #622 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:20:45 »
https://imgur.com/a/tZYXW pics of the plate.

It's on the back so doesn't bother me that much but i'll get rid of some of the extra metal.

Also, what are those extra led slots for?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #623 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:24:09 »

Also, what are those extra led slots for?
The three on the left are caps lock, scroll lock and num lock. The five on the right are layer indicators for layers 0-4.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #624 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:30:41 »

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #625 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 16:06:07 »
Pics!  For all those curious...

Full Gallery - 15 pics

Preview Pics:

Elton:
Duck's team forgot my extra PCB/Plate combo.  I'll be PM'ing you...  And of course, thank you for all your hard work making sure these buys go so smoothly.  Out of the last 5 keyboards I've gone in on, this was the last I purchased and the first to come!!!  WHAT?!  No one knows how to do it like Duck/Elton!  Thanks brother!

Offline Petch

« Reply #626 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 16:08:21 »
^ that looks awesome...

Anyone know what sort of LEDs I want if I want them to be diffused with minimal light leak between each hole? I know there are LEDs with different lenses on top but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for

Offline avid

« Reply #627 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 16:12:34 »
Very nice onmybikedrunk. The black / silver combination is excellent.

Id be very interested to see a reverse black/silver combo.

Offline eldonw

« Reply #628 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 19:24:22 »
My keyboard has been stuck in San Francisco for 4 days now  :(

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 20:39:43 »
Received mine, everything looks good, tested both PCBs although wasn't sure how to program them, they weren't recognized by bootmapper-client.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 21:09:12 »
Would /r/mm be the best place to find one of these now?
I was late to the party when this gb ran.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Atredl

« Reply #631 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 21:23:24 »
Would /r/mm be the best place to find one of these now?
I was late to the party when this gb ran.
Yup, second hand market will be the only place to get one. The first 20 v3s are just barely making their way to their owners so I’d keep your eyes peeled if you want to grab one.

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #632 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 22:59:04 »
All build up!

https://imgur.com/a/d3HRQ

Using skeletor until GMK obblivion arrives.

I'm also an idiot and tightened the screw too much on one side and it cracked the acrylic. Not that noticeable unless its up close but is there a way of buying a replacement?
Also any guides on how to program it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2017, 23:12:30 by onlinelife »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 23:18:02 »
is there a way of buying a replacement?

doubtful

https://gist.github.com/ankailou/0b3f3183429536d86ecf4e7d27860b6c

have fun

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #634 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 23:52:04 »

doubtful

have fun

Might not be able to buy replacements, but the second link you had showed CAD files for diffuers on the Viper/Eagle, so maybe he'll release the CAD files for LSV3 and you can get new ones cut :)

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 00:20:13 »

doubtful

have fun

Might not be able to buy replacements, but the second link you had showed CAD files for diffuers on the Viper/Eagle, so maybe he'll release the CAD files for LSV3 and you can get new ones cut :)

Oh that'll ben nice to get my own done.

Also is the flip key still the right key above backspace? Can't get the board into bootloader mode so I can flash the layout I made.

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #636 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 01:31:46 »
god I'm so jealous of all these build photos I'm seeing. I wish I would've gotten in on this GB, and r4 is looking pretty dismal ;-;

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #637 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 11:42:20 »
Hey Elton

Could you update the spreadsheet with the tracking numbers for the rest of batch 1? Thanks!

Offline yookwh

« Reply #638 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:22:58 »
Hey Elton, the package is going to be sent to me from the address I listed. Hopefully there won't be any issues, but if there are, could you elongate the 3 days to whenever I receive the package? It'll take around an additional week probably.

Offline eddible

« Reply #639 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:44:13 »
For any other UK folks wondering, I've got a customs payment of £25 on mine - so not too bad considering. Mine is due for delivery on Monday as customs have taken so long to process it.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #640 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 13:04:27 »
I have a spare PCB + Polycarb plate to sell at cost if anyone is interested in grabbing a spare, decided I won't use it. Pending
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:01:11 by Blazestorm »

Offline toan

« Reply #641 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 13:33:31 »
I have a spare PCB + Polycarb plate to sell at cost if anyone is interested in grabbing a spare, decided I won't use it.

PM' incoming

Offline avid

« Reply #642 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 14:40:51 »
If anyone wanna let go of a PCB + SS plate, id love to pick that up. Preferable if your order hasnt been sent out yet.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #643 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 15:54:46 »
For any other UK folks wondering, I've got a customs payment of £25 on mine - so not too bad considering. Mine is due for delivery on Monday as customs have taken so long to process it.

That's good to know, thanks.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #644 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 16:53:32 »
What value was declared on the packages?

Offline eddible

« Reply #645 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 17:01:49 »
UK duty is usually an £8 fee plus 20% VAT so as mine was £25 it must be approximately £100 declared value. I won't have it till Monday to confirm the listed value though.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #646 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 17:12:33 »

Mine was declared at $25-35 USD (I forget which)

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #647 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:05:50 »
Does anyone know where I can find the keymapping software for this? Thanks in advance :)).

Edit:

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=100301
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:12:10 by Dreamre »

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #648 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:32:47 »
Does anyone know where I can find the keymapping software for this? Thanks in advance :)).

Edit:

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=100301

Can you let me know how you get your board into bootloader mode? I haven't had any luck with the guides i looked at.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #649 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 22:43:56 »
Just a heads up, Elton has put up the rest of the tracking numbers :-)