Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196659 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 12:46:28 »
TINNITUS

My fault really. I will go back to ignoring it after I get some sleep. If I get some sleep....
switch on some relaxing music.

The music didn't work.
White noise didn't work.
Reading didn't work.
Gaming didn't work.
Jägermeister can't remember if worked or not, but didn't really care.
well... let's then switch to something that always works. drugs.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 13:05:12 »
working for a fortune 500 company and hate it, seriously considering scraping by and being free...
it's probably all that extra money. just send that my way
It's nice, but the ****ing scum I work for... ugh.
I've been hording keyboard and other numerous hobby crap too.

About to liberate it all and enjoy a much simpler life.
luckily enough for me, I would never really require a huge source of income, I don't want a big house, don't need a nice car, don't really care for traveling, just as long as I have a solid computer and food I'm fine

women change everything.

Offline iri

« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 14:54:36 »
dear drum and bass, thank you very much for these wonderful 18 years you were with me, may you rest in peace now.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:11:07 »
The damn person whistling in my office.  There's always one, they're always shrill, and they always give me a headache and make me want to kill someone.  It sucks being hypersensitive to higher frequencies.

Whistling and strong perfumes, especially floral ones, should be banned from the workplace.
and FISH!!! UGH!  >:D
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1204 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:13:12 »
The damn person whistling in my office.  There's always one, they're always shrill, and they always give me a headache and make me want to kill someone.  It sucks being hypersensitive to higher frequencies.

Whistling and strong perfumes, especially floral ones, should be banned from the workplace.

The big boss man here likes to cook fresh fish everyday for lunch.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1205 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:29:08 »

At least it isn't microwaved.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1206 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 17:35:02 »

We have been informally banned from cooking fish in our microwave.

Also we are not allowed to get a toaster due to the enticing smell of fresh toast that would permeate the office on a daily basis if we had our way :))

I sometimes wonder about bringing in a microwave pizza and cooking it, just to see what reaction I get.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1207 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 18:22:36 »
microwave indian food or a wheat tortilla :)

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1208 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 18:23:36 »

We have been informally banned from cooking fish in our microwave.

Also we are not allowed to get a toaster due to the enticing smell of fresh toast that would permeate the office on a daily basis if we had our way :))

I sometimes wonder about bringing in a microwave pizza and cooking it, just to see what reaction I get.

/cooks shrimp in the microwave at work
c h e r

Offline iri

« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 02:28:23 »
i cook fish at work.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osi

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 05:59:34 »
i cook fish at work.

You are the devil

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:15:29 »
I forgot to lock the tone arm of my turntable in place while traveling yesterday...  :(

I will assess the damage tonight, but I likely made the needle quite unhappy.  :|

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:45:27 »
I forgot to lock the tone arm of my turntable in place while traveling yesterday...  :(

I will assess the damage tonight, but I likely made the needle quite unhappy.  :|
Ouch... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:58:13 »

Show Image

I wish I had a cat that could play DJ Hero!!   ^-^

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 12:20:15 »
It bothers me that I watched Hoffman hack his wallet IRL and none of it was on keyboards.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1215 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:04:41 »
It bothers me that I watched Hoffman hack his wallet IRL and none of it was on keyboards.

But... I got a thing that I can use to organize my keyboard things!

Offline scubaste

« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:12:01 »
I can't figure out how to buy Bro Bots :'(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1217 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:15:10 »

'Cause there's no sales right now. Only place at the moment to get them is outta the Classifieds. When they do go for sale, you'll see the announcement in the Bro Caps subforum then purchase them on ctrlalt.io

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1218 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:17:12 »
Whats Bothering me? The fact that I run an I.T. Department and had a server fail today. So I hired an consulting firm to get to back the server back to where it was, new hardware, so basically i don't have to worry about it for a while. So my President gives me **** for not doing the work myself. He does understand that I look after hundreds of computers, 20+ servers, countless of other hardware and only have a single assistant? So basically I need to put the world on hold till this is back up and running. So it bothers me....but if I get fired I get 10 months of severance and medical benefits for 6 months. (yah he is so pissed)

Arg I need a new job.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline scubaste

« Reply #1219 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:19:01 »

'Cause there's no sales right now. Only place at the moment to get them is outta the Classifieds. When they do go for sale, you'll see the announcement in the Bro Caps subforum then purchase them on ctrlalt.io

Thanks so much, I saw an "OFFICIAL SALE THREAD" about 40 minutes ago and was bummed that I couldn't figure out how to proceed. <3

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1220 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:21:35 »
There's a phone ringing upstairs that has been ringing for 30 minutes.
c h e r

Offline RED-404

« Reply #1221 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:29:18 »
Whats Bothering me? The fact that I run an I.T. Department and had a server fail today. So I hired an consulting firm to get to back the server back to where it was, new hardware, so basically i don't have to worry about it for a while. So my President gives me **** for not doing the work myself. He does understand that I look after hundreds of computers, 20+ servers, countless of other hardware and only have a single assistant? So basically I need to put the world on hold till this is back up and running. So it bothers me....but if I get fired I get 10 months of severance and medical benefits for 6 months. (yah he is so pissed)

Arg I need a new job.
That's almost every IT job I and everyone I know has had. The fact that you were able to do something like this "So I hired an consulting firm" is actually quite amazing. Most of the time in IT you don't get the funding or the freedom to do such a thing. Yeah the guy above your head mite, put a lot of money into IT but its usually only for crap some sales rep, conned him/her into buying that you don't even need, you don't have the infrastructure to support and is just more work for your department.

Also, why doesn't English have TAB completion yet. Can't even get decent auto complete/predictive text for a desktop..
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:32:00 by RED-404 »

Offline iri

« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:58:32 »
https://weworkremotely.com/jobs/852

200k+ CAD per year sounds like a bit too much

-Ray Bradbury

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1223 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:35:15 »

Arg I need a new job.

you only manage 20+ servers? I manage about 1000 by myself :(

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:04:51 »
- I woke up and my sinuses are pissed.
- It requires staying up all night to have any "me time" with school anymore.
- I can't sleep like a normal person. I should move to Sweden. Their time zone fits me.
- It's going to be cold in Texas.
- My printer is low on ink.
- I slept through half of school yesterday so I don't know what went on in most classes.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:18:45 »

Arg I need a new job.

I feel ya...

Same position...
Too many ****in hats to juggle.
What irks me about my job is that I'm usually there to learn about a product or service when it gets implemented, along with the people that are supposed to be managing said service or product. **** hits the fan and I'm the first everyone comes running to, even the jackasses that trained with me (the guys that SHOULD know as much as me).

Pours out a little fortified wine...

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 12:25:50 »
It bothers me that they didn't release a PC version of Destiny. With computer gaming on the rise why would a company not want to make more money by having more platforms to sell your game on?

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:03:59 »
It bothers me that they didn't release a PC version of Destiny. With computer gaming on the rise why would a company not want to make more money by having more platforms to sell your game on?
1) it was originally developed for pc and 2) MONEYYY
it will come to pc
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:15:21 »
My phone keeps autocorrecting "Filco" to "dildo".

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:17:58 »

That sounds like something Halverson would say.....perhaps he played with your phone :eek:

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1230 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:29:57 »

That sounds like something Halverson would say.....perhaps he played with your phone :eek:

I mean everything is a dildo if you're brave enough.
c h e r

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1231 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:34:10 »
Reality. :'(
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1232 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:44:53 »
c h e r

Offline l0calh05t

• Engineer / Musician / Geek
« Reply #1233 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:48:52 »
The F9 key on my new keyboard. Due to the "window" for the win-key lock LED it sounds ever so slightly different than the others (brighter, mostly). Also that LED is annoyingly/distractingly bright.
CM Storm QuickFire XT with MX Green switches
Logitech G400 | Logitech F710 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1234 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:15:18 »
I nailed my ****ing hip while shred sledding on a pack of crackers.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1235 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:17:06 »

pls no crying  :(

I'll try but I really want to be back in Mexico drinking margaritas at a 5-star resort.

No tears. Only dreams.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1236 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:20:36 »

I'll try but I really want to be back in Mexico drinking margaritas at a 5-star resort.

No tears. Only dreams.

Come to WI.  I'll give you some beer at a 0-star resort.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1237 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:23:25 »

No tears. Only dreams.

there's one star and that's you buddy
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1238 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:24:26 »

No tears. Only dreams.

there's one star and that's you buddy

:-[ :-*

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1239 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 17:03:09 »

No tears. Only dreams.

Where do I sign?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 17:09:12 »
Screw WI (and Hoff).  Come out to SoCal.  :))

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 17:10:55 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1243 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:52:04 »
this title is bothering me. why the need of the second part????
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1244 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:03:23 »

Screw WI (and Hoff).  Come out to SoCal.  :))

:'(

Oh

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1245 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 04:37:05 »
1) it was originally developed for pc and 2) MONEYYY
it will come to pc

Yep. QFT.

Also, my copy has been stuck at a post office 75 miles north of me for 2 days now. Should I just drive there after school if I call and it's still there? It's not for me (went digital guardian), but I'd like it sometime this month.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1246 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 20:21:17 »
Somewhere in my junk room is a BNIB Logitech g700 but I can't find it.

Was gonna try some CS:GO.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1247 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 20:34:20 »
THE ****ING REPLY: ALL SPAM CHAIN FROM HELL

I CAN FEEL THE KITTENS DYING BING BRING BRING BRING BRING BRING

/RUNS OFF SMASHING THINGS
c h e r

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1248 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 20:42:28 »
wut

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:17:47 »
wut

This is just but one page of many during the last hour it doesn't stop please someone make it stop I quit Outlook and it sends them to my phone which I can't turn off because parent help please  /suicide
c h e r