Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196869 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:16:59 »
Tim Cook: "I'm Proud to be Gay"

iri: "I'm Proud to be Brown-Eyed"

Idk I thought it was a pretty great post and makes him 100x a better person than Jobs

Offline iri

« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 16:50:07 »
Tim Cook: "I'm Proud to be Gay"

iri: "I'm Proud to be Brown-Eyed"

Idk I thought it was a pretty great post and makes him 100x a better person than Jobs
why?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 19:28:37 »
Because being openly gay is still a problem, especially in a country where in 20+ states being openly gay can get you fired. If him being openly gay (a very public figure who heads one of the most talked about tech companies in the world) helps other young people (given that in the U.S. gay teenagers are 4x more likely to commit suicide) then he has done a totally selfless act.

I dosn't affect me at all and I don't really care, but I'm not gay and I don't have problems coming out or accepting that, if this helps others with those problems then that's awesome.

Jobs was a visionary, he had a goal and he did everything to achive those goals, but he never sacrificed his personal life for those of others openly like Tim Cook did with that post.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 19:31:32 »
Well, that and Jobs was kind of a d-bag
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 19:33:41 »
Because being openly gay is still a problem, especially in a country where in 20+ states being openly gay can get you fired. If him being openly gay (a very public figure who heads one of the most talked about tech companies in the world) helps other young people (given that in the U.S. gay teenagers are 4x more likely to commit suicide) then he has done a totally selfless act.

I dosn't affect me at all and I don't really care, but I'm not gay and I don't have problems coming out or accepting that, if this helps others with those problems then that's awesome.

Jobs was a visionary, he had a goal and he did everything to achive those goals, but he never sacrificed his personal life for those of others openly like Tim Cook did with that post.

I agree with everything you're saying here, but I think it's unfair to say that Cook is *better* because he came out as being gay.  Jobs wasn't gay, so he *couldn't* come out...why does that make him not as good?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 19:35:44 »
Not being able to find any us based websites with pcb mount cherry stabs.  Gon is the only source even that I have located any.  Was hoping to order 15 for some GH36's and some extras.  But nope nobody has any in stock.  Mouser, and mouser both out of stock.  OC said the had 27 so I ordered 15.  I got an email today saying they had an order right before mine and ordered 25, so they only had two.  I will still take them but will need more.

Any other ideas?  I really don't want to pay $27 shipping from Gon.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #1506 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 03:06:56 »
Because being openly gay is still a problem, especially in a country where in 20+ states being openly gay can get you fired.
that's ridiculous. but it has nothing to do with "Let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me", which is also ridiculous in so many ways.

he never sacrificed his personal life for those of others openly like Tim Cook did with that post.
come on, telling others "i'm gay" is a sacrifice now?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1507 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 05:32:03 »

I agree with everything you're saying here, but I think it's unfair to say that Cook is *better* because he came out as being gay.  Jobs wasn't gay, so he *couldn't* come out...why does that make him not as good?

True, but Jobs had terminal cancer and all he allowed it to do was kill him after he refused treatment unil it was too late (from what I understand), and he continued to work while he was ill.
Idk I think if Jobs was a better person he would have felt with it better and maybe have been able to help the perception of it for others...

Edit: also Jobs positioned Apple as a faceless design entity that didn't really have anything human other than him at press conferences, everyone **** the same outfit and no one had an opinion, for the first time Apple has an opinion and someone leading it who can speak like a normal person... I guess lol

And iri its cool that you've never been in a minority, but you have to be more open minded about how you approach the world.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 October 2014, 06:03:39 by baldgye »

Offline iri

« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 05:37:05 »
you have to be more open minded about reading the posts thoroughly.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 05:53:34 »
All you said was that what he said was ridiculous and then couldn't work out how him being openly gay helped others and was detrimental to him... Am I missing something?

Offline iri

« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 06:56:31 »
yeah, the connection of this to calling me not open minded or never being in a minority.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:38:44 »
yeah, the connection of this to calling me not open minded or never being in a minority.

If you don't think its a big deal and that it will help a lot of people, while also being at the cost of someone's private life, then chances are you've never been in a position of persecution or in a position where your less equal than others around you. Which is why I said you've probably not been in a minortity.

Him being gay might not affect you (it dosn't affect me personally either), but it could affect those struggling to accept the fact that they are gay, you not being able to see that in my opinion makes you close minded because your only able to see things (in this case anyway) from your own pov and not the pov of others.

Hope that helps :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:47:59 »
Either people are ignoring my pm's (which is totally possible :p ) OR the forum is broken.  :-\

Offline osi

« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:50:15 »
Tim cook announcing his gayness is a marketing ploy. We are in prime holiday shopping season now, so saying anything to bring attention to the brand is a plus.

I'm patiently waiting for big name CEO's to come out and proudly proclaim how straight they are. Will this be a new trend??

Offline iri

« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:54:59 »

If you don't think its a big deal and that it will help a lot of people, while also being at the cost of someone's private life, then chances are you've never been in a position of persecution or in a position where your less equal than others around you. Which is why I said you've probably not been in a minortity.

Him being gay might not affect you (it dosn't affect me personally either), but it could affect those struggling to accept the fact that they are gay, you not being able to see that in my opinion makes you close minded because your only able to see things (in this case anyway) from your own pov and not the pov of others.

i understand your point. i am not only supremely open-minded, but also possess an extraordinary ability to read posts  :p i don't question him speaking against discrimination and cheering up others, i question his ridiculous phrasing.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:55:55 »
Tim cook announcing his gayness is a marketing ploy. We are in prime holiday shopping season now, so saying anything to bring attention to the brand is a plus.

I'm patiently waiting for big name CEO's to come out and proudly proclaim how straight they are. Will this be a new trend??

Yeah you can't be proud to be straight. They would probably be just called homophobic bigots or something.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:58:42 »

i understand your point. i am not only supremely open-minded, but also possess an extraordinary ability to read posts  :p i don't question him speaking against discrimination and cheering up others, i question his ridiculous phrasing.

Ah ok, the bit about thanking God?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:59:31 »

Next level stupidity right here! Haha

Offline osi

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 08:06:19 »

Yeah you can't be proud to be straight. They would probably be just called homophobic bigots or something.

Truth ^^

Next level stupidity right here! Haha

I completely agree. No point in making a show out of his proclamation.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 08:11:08 »
Because being openly straight could get you legally fired from your job, stop you getting married and make you less equal to non-straight people... Right?
I remember how hard it was for me to tell my parents I was straight and how many people I knew then treated me differently... It was really hard...

Your seriously next level special

Offline iri

« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 10:31:32 »
"I am proud to be gay" => wow, cool, tolerance, empathy, diversity, unicorns
"I am proud to be straight" => homophobic pig
"I am a CEO and proud to be female" => wow, cool, tolerance, empathy, diversity, unicorns
"I am a CEO and proud to be male" => sexist pig

Ah ok, the bit about thanking God?
yes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:21:56 »
Yeah that's a but dumb, but lots of people aren't as lucky as some of us and are brainwashed into religion from an early age

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:24:58 »
Yeah that's a but dumb, but lots of people aren't as lucky as some of us and are brainwashed into religion from an early age
Luckily I live just above the bible belt so it never was forced on me

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:25:48 »
9hrs into halloween havent seen any half naked women. in hollywood!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:26:32 »

Do trannys count?

Offline Battou62

« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:28:12 »
One of my friends visits my house and asks "Why do you have a 1994 keyboard?"

My wife sees my keyboard and says "Why does your keyboard look so old?"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:29:42 »

Do trannys count?

i dont discriminate!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:29:56 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:23:56 by esoomenona »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:30:37 »

It's better below the bible belt, if you know what I mean.
;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1529 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 11:42:09 »

Unless your a choir boy...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1530 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 14:11:14 »

Unless your a choir boy...
chill level negative

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1531 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 12:16:19 »
raisins in food is why i have trust issues
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1532 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:55:04 »
raisins in food is why i have trust issues

I have chinchillas and they love raisins, this has lead me to believe raisins are no longer human food, but only for chinchillas.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1533 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 20:24:24 »
Some wanker sniped my awesome Memorex Telex Space Invaders board at the last second.

I really wanted it for its awesome foot.

And now I swear they're following my auctions because they just sniped my other interesting board I was watching and bid on.

That or it's a shill because it didn't "go for enough".

Damn 8***m.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 November 2014, 20:59:58 by nubbinator »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1534 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:55:49 »
Assembling cherry stabilizers , i'm missing one of those :

f*ck_this_sh*t.jpg
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1535 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 15:28:15 »
People who disrespect hospitality,

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1536 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 01:53:57 »
Today I downloaded 16GB with of updates and game files, which is slow here! Like 6-7 hours, was all giddy to play some games, then bam. Maintenance.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1537 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:29:02 »
It bothers me when I get new key caps and don't know what board to put them on. :(

Of course I just bought a new board so maybe I'll use it when it comes in  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 13:59:22 »
HOLY **** I'M SO ****ING SALTY RIGHT NOW... HOLLLLY ****...

I made a thread a while ago (a week ago?) about how my RAM was ****ed, well it's only getting worse... I just lost a ****ing easy EASY win in an Sc2 ladder match... some stupid **** one base banshee rushed me... I had that ****ing game won by the 5min mark and just as I ****ing rape his stupid ****ing all-in... BSOD MEMORY ****ING **** ARRRGGHHHHHHH...

Offline iri

« Reply #1539 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 17:48:14 »
you have a haircut, now go get a life.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline pnutster

« Reply #1541 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 19:24:30 »
It bothers me that one of the most ergonomic trackballs ever made is no longer being actively produced and some *orons are asking rediculous prices for some wrapped up new versions they found in an old lot they encountered: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Logitech-9043570403-Cordless-Trackman-FX-Optical-Trackball-/181570090910?pt=Mice&hash=item2a466bb79e
Kinesis Advantage
Logitech Cordless Trackman FX Optical Trackball
Apple TrackPad

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1542 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 20:03:16 »
Not knowing where my Viper is is driving me batty.
I mailed it to Dorkvader for a stabilizer repair, and tracking shows it arrived a few days ago, but due to heavy construction, his mail isn't being delivered, so it's probably still at the post office.

I'm sure it's all good, but not knowing is killing me.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline swathe

« Reply #1543 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 20:06:20 »
I live in the tropics so the humidity is bothering the crap out of me right now.
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline iri

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #1545 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 04:56:02 »
I live in the tropics so the humidity is bothering the crap out of me right now.
Outside Brisbane?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swathe

« Reply #1546 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 05:58:51 »
Outside Brisbane?

Outside and a fair distance north.
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1547 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 06:50:35 »
Some ****ing twat caravan **** made me miss my bastard train.. The next one is an hour away

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 09:03:32 »
It's bothering me that lately nothing has really been bothering me.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent