Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196822 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1600 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:16:38 »
Paypal. 

I paid my invoice for a group buy, but accidentally kept the default payment method, which is a bank account with no money in it.  Dinged with a $30 fee.  Now it's going to try again tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to stop it, and no way to get money into the account in time.  So I'm going to get another fee, which will clear out all the money in that account.  ****.

And why did I accidentally use the wrong account?  Because there's no way to change your default payment method (or if there is, they're really good at hiding it).  You can change your default payment method for "in-store" payments (who uses Paypal in stores anyway?), but I have not yet found a way to change it for paying invoices online.  What a bunch of crap.

I called them and the guy said "sorry, we *have* to let it try twice before we give up".  What the hell?  I'm telling you right now to *not* try it!  Just stop it!  Ugh.  $60 bucks gone for nothing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1601 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:41:33 »
Paypal. 

I paid my invoice for a group buy, but accidentally kept the default payment method, which is a bank account with no money in it.  Dinged with a $30 fee.  Now it's going to try again tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to stop it, and no way to get money into the account in time.  So I'm going to get another fee, which will clear out all the money in that account.  ****.

And why did I accidentally use the wrong account?  Because there's no way to change your default payment method (or if there is, they're really good at hiding it).  You can change your default payment method for "in-store" payments (who uses Paypal in stores anyway?), but I have not yet found a way to change it for paying invoices online.  What a bunch of crap.

Damn that sucks, I've been there and it ****ing sucks  >:D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1602 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:45:55 »
Paypal. 

I called them and the guy said "sorry, we *have* to let it try twice before we give up".  What the hell?  I'm telling you right now to *not* try it!  Just stop it!  Ugh.  $60 bucks gone for nothing.

I feel you bro, I also have my default account set up to my old credit card, and haven't figured out how to change it yet..

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1603 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:23:19 »
Paypal. 

One time I bought 7-8 facebook gifts when they first came out, same situation, cost me like $260
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1604 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:23:23 »
Paypal. 

thats sucks, I have this happened twice in the last month..

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1605 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:25:24 »
Paypal. 

Been there as well.  Nothing more infuriating than knowing that the second "hit" is coming and you can do nothing but sit and watch.  Sorry buddy.  At least there is Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up to cheer you back up.  :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1606 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 01:40:49 »
random steam friend invites like what all y'all want mr. genericname at level 3, 30 friends, .9 hours in one cheap game and member of the steam sales community?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1607 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 01:45:30 »
I bashed my hand hard against a doorknob on accident.  Now the back of my hand is sore and it hurts a little to make a fist.  Hopefully it's just a bruise.

Offline iri

« Reply #1608 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 06:48:21 »
looks like i'll be stabbing an eastern european soon
don't forget to bring a lot of vaseline to your stabbing operation.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #1609 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 07:32:46 »
The average UK home - including older and new-build properties is 85 sq m and has 5.2 rooms - with an average area of 16.3 sq m per room.

In comparison the average new home in the UK is 76 sq ms and has 4.8 rooms with an average area of 15.8 sq m per room.

:(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1610 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 13:38:28 »
Banks and how they never explain the important things until the last minute.  >:D

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1611 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:23:03 »
just opened the window wide open to cool down my room and get some fresh air @ night only to have my room filled with smoke from some gibbon down the street apparently burning car tyres and bodies in his fireplace, my headache went downhill after that
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #1612 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 14:12:26 »
What's bothering me? My enrollment appointment for classes next semester is this Friday at 11 and almost all the classes I planned on taking have filled up.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1613 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 16:54:16 »
Paypal. 

I feel you bro, I also have my default account set up to my old credit card, and haven't figured out how to change it yet..

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/wallet
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1614 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 20:53:14 »
When people try to negotiate prices (on luxury items, of course) by telling sob stories about themselves/their sad situation. fuuuuu stfuu
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline iri

« Reply #1615 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 02:46:35 »
it's weird to see "winner of the pulitzer prize" on the page of the newspaper that publishes this ****
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/13/why-women-in-science-are-annoyed-at-rosetta-mission-scientists-clothing

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1616 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:27:12 »
it's weird to see "winner of the pulitzer prize" on the page of the newspaper that publishes this ****
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/13/why-women-in-science-are-annoyed-at-rosetta-mission-scientists-clothing

SJW are ruining the world. I wish they'd just stay on tumblr and be triggered by everything because their life is that boring they have to make up **** to be upset about.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1617 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:54:17 »

SJW are ruining the world. I wish they'd just stay on tumblr and be triggered by everything because their life is that boring they have to make up **** to be upset about.

It's hard being a middle class white female demik, don't belittle them.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1618 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 06:05:37 »

its funny because of how you hate when people "try too hard" lmao
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1619 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 10:31:39 »

LMAO LOL ROLFCOPTER

holy **** pai, that was hilarious. youre such a unique snowflake. go back to tumblr.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1620 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 10:47:16 »

LMAO LOL ROLFCOPTER

holy **** pai, that was hilarious. youre such a unique snowflake. go back to tumblr.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #1621 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 11:03:35 »
but this guy is as stoned as everyone else

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1622 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:08:10 »

LMAO LOL ROLFCOPTER

it's funny because of how you hate when people try too hard lol
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1623 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:15:19 »
lololol so funny.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1624 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:34:00 »
hell yeah it is
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1625 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 16:46:18 »
Post nasal drips.

Ugh, I keep tasting it  :blank:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1626 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 23:42:42 »
Animals as Leaders is playing in DC on wednesday the week AFTER break. And maryland deathfest is during exam week :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 00:12:05 by hwood34 »

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1627 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 09:55:25 »
post reporting time out :(

stupid ****. JUST TRYING TO MAKE GH BETTER BY REQUESTING BANS.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 09:57:11 by demik »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #1628 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 13:00:36 »
I was playing Payday 2 and someone ruined Rats on overkill by not defusing the bomb... on the first bag...

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #1629 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 18:23:39 »
Massdrop releasing AKG K7XX's after I have had my AKG Q701's for about a week from them...

Oh and people who are awful at counterstrike somehow getting on my team in matchmaking, I just want my LEM back!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1630 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:44:22 »
Post nasal drips.

Ugh, I keep tasting it  :blank:

Follow to this gem, I wish I were dead right now. I feel like I'm dying.

Offline osi

« Reply #1631 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 09:02:31 »
Windows 8.1, the non professional version, doesn't allow (natively) incoming remote desktop connections.

Seriously?????

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1632 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 09:27:15 »
Windows 8.1, the non professional version, doesn't allow (natively) incoming remote desktop connections.

Seriously?????

Are you trying to access via 8.1 or 7?  I was sad to discover that I couldn't remote in from my Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 8.1 desktop.  :(  I instead had to get up and walk to the next room to access the computer.  That was lame.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1633 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 09:38:49 »

Seriously?????

Are you trying to access via 8.1 or 7?  I was sad to discover that I couldn't remote in from my Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 8.1 desktop.  :(  I instead had to get up and walk to the next room to access the computer.  That was lame.

Tried VNC/ultraVNC ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1634 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:30:49 »

Seriously?????

Tried VNC/ultraVNC ?

Nope!  I'll have to look into it.  I tried TeamViewer, which worked fine, but I didn't like how frequently it made me re-do things on one side or the other.  It's been awhile since I used it, so I don't remember the specifics though.

I should really just install Windows 8.1 on the laptop.  :))

Offline iri

« Reply #1635 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:40:38 »
Sometimes I want Russia to actually invade eastern Ukraine, so that the western newspapers know the correct definition of "Russia invaded".

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1636 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:44:13 »
Sometimes I want Russia to actually invade eastern Ukraine, so that the western newspapers know the correct definition of "Russia invaded".

Can you instead send Russia to invade our media corporations?  Please and thank you.

NSA, this is a joke, pls don't hurt me.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1637 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:50:31 »
Don't get me started on medias . Not turning on radio and not owning a TV  was probably one of the best decisions in my life .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #1638 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:55:19 »

Can you instead send Russia to invade our media corporations?  Please and thank you.
I don't think that our biggest nuclear arsenal in the world is enough to destroy them.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1639 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:56:53 »
Don't get me started on medias . Not turning on radio and not owning a TV  was probably one of the best decisions in my life .

i'll agree with you on the tv part, as all the news is absolute one sided ****.

but there are some great public radio stations out there. still a slight bias, but not nearly as bad as tv. those people are ****ing scum.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1640 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 11:11:05 »

i'll agree with you on the tv part, as all the news is absolute one sided ****.

but there are some great public radio stations out there. still a slight bias, but not nearly as bad as tv. those people are ****ing scum.

Never found a decent one on french radio.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline osi

« Reply #1641 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:19:45 »

Seriously? ??? ?

Tried VNC/ultraVNC ?

Ended up setting up a teamviewer host/client setup.

Seriously? ??? ?

Trying to remote INTO Windows 8 -- I had setup my users' accounts for VPN, Radius, ensured firewalls were good--in the end, none of this was needed. Went to give a demonstration to the user and after being baffled with no remote desktop option, I then reazlized the guy had a NON-PRO version. Weak

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #1642 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 14:13:53 »
I really want to join those brobot/clickclack retail price sales, but I already have one of each. DAMN IT.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1643 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:11:51 »
Girls in their twenties .
Been trying to date for a while , it seems that all they have to offer is : "me girl me pretty cause young ".
Trying to have a conversation with them is painful , they have no interest or passion besides :
- texting
- snapchat
- music (radio hits)
-hanging out with friends
- travelling .
Only interesting conversation I had was with a paraplegic girl .

And now I sound like a misogynist **** or tp4 .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1644 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:29:50 »
Been trying to date for a while , it seems that all they have to offer is : "me girl me pretty cause young ".
Trying to have a conversation with them is painful , they have no interest or passion besides :
- texting
- snapchat
- music (radio hits)
- travelling .

secret to success: don't try

Offline iri

« Reply #1645 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:43:25 »
- texting
- snapchat
- music (radio hits)
- travelling .

you are searching in the wrong place

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1646 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:49:23 »
Had a feeling I'd never see the Alu case I ordered from alixinhzai's GB so I've been eagerly waiting on qtan to get some of these in stock. Stock just became available yesterday after I paid a massive bill and cleaned myself out for the next fortnight  :mad:

I wouldn't even HAVE to buy one if it weren't for that stupid **** alixinhzai, got no choice now unless I want to use my Nerd60 without a case.  :-\
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 November 2014, 02:53:41 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1647 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 07:06:42 »
- texting
- snapchat
- music (radio hits)
- travelling .

you are searching in the wrong place
That sounds about right.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1648 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 15:46:53 »
Seriously screw all these black friday deals. It is killing the spirit of Thanksgiving by making everyone a greedy *******. The idea of Thanksgiving is being together and being thankful for what you have. Corporate America has zero remorse. All these malls are opening at like 6pm on Thursday and are open until Friday night... Seriously? But I guess that's capitalism for ya...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1649 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 18:02:10 »
My dad being a complete idiot,  reminding me why I moved away so many years ago.