Author Topic: The future of Theaters.  (Read 1884 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
The future of Theaters.
« on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 15:43:02 »
As you know, Theater operators are crying bloody murdar as Disney moved Pixar's SOUL from theater release to STREAMING (disney+).

Technology parity has made it such that film delivered at the theater is not fundamentally better than a well tuned Home setup.
Solution?

Tp4 thinks theaters can still build out a compelling experience, if they invest in Microled Panels. Projection visually just isn't that impressive vs OLED. Microled panel in theater sizes w/ industrial power feed can deliver 10,000 nits.  And it costs Millions of dollars, so you couldn't possibly afford this at home.  No home display can match that.

The general audience doesn't care much about sound, but it's also really cheap to get good sound at home, because the space is quite small.

Thoughts ??  Y'all been 2 the mewvies lately ?

Online ItIsWritten

Re: The future of Theaters.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 18:08:26 »
The reason I've not been to the movies recently has more to do with this corona thing than the fact that my home theatre would be good enough...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 19:55:31 »
COVID is just an excuse for studios to nix the middleman and kill off theaters under the guise of safety and consumer wants. It just allows studios to push this initiative earlier, and in the end net that much more profit from the inevitable demise of the current theatre model. It's all about greed, always has been.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 20:13:43 »
I'm not so sure Studios want to kill the theater.. 

Maybe Netflix, but not Disney

That said,  IMHO, theaters have been a historic pillar of human-dating. Nothing Tp would need to worry about, but what the heck else would a person ask a female out to if Theaters die ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 21:37:22 »
I'm not so sure Studios want to kill the theater.. 

Maybe Netflix, but not Disney

That said,  IMHO, theaters have been a historic pillar of human-dating. Nothing Tp would need to worry about, but what the heck else would a person ask a female out to if Theaters die ?

Imagine Disney opening their own chain of theaters...

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:18:43 »
The reason I've not been to the movies recently has more to do with this corona thing than the fact that my home theatre would be good enough...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

As long as i have movie or white cheddar popcorn it good for me!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:32:46 »
Personally I prefer to watch movies at home, I hate crowded theaters and spaces - have since before the world's events.  I like the ability to control the film I'm watching and the sound, my son is also sensitive to loud noises so it helps to view at home due to the control and a more less congested and comfortable environment. 
When I do happen to want to go to a theater it's either to Movie Tavern or Cinebistro, the seating is tons better than a standard theater and you can enjoy a meal while lounging in a comfortable leather recliner/lounge chair.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline yui

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 09:43:08 »
true small screen theaters may be able to be reproduced at home, but huge 30m wide screens with laser projectors, not happening soon at least not until VR is much better, then disney will be able to rent you a place in a virtual huge theater, and tp4 will be able to date in theater without putting underwear on :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 11:40:23 »
true small screen theaters may be able to be reproduced at home, but huge 30m wide screens with laser projectors, not happening soon at least not until VR is much better, then disney will be able to rent you a place in a virtual huge theater, and tp4 will be able to date in theater without putting underwear on :)

Tp4 has been scanned, there are no matches.

Offline yui

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 01:06:03 »

love can be found in some other place than tinder :) your parents did not have tinder, or at worse create a new account when you change phone :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 12:08:57 »

love can be found in some other place than tinder :) your parents did not have tinder, or at worse create a new account when you change phone :)

Tp4 = Tp 2*2 Ugly

Micro-LED Wall panels though..  Fantastic picture quality.