Author Topic: Petition for typo to be banned until he gets mental help  (Read 2404 times)

Offline rxc92

Petition for typo to be banned until he gets mental help
« on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 00:33:46 »
Title

Offline yui

Re: Petition for typo to be banned until he gets mental help
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 01:47:42 »
I do think most peoples here would need mental help so one more is not too big of a deal :)

(for peoples who do not understand sarcasm in text, it is, no need to get offended)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 04:01:04 »
I do think most peoples here would need mental help so one more is not too big of a deal :)
lol
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 05:47:47 »

(for peoples who do not understand sarcasm in text, it is, no need to get offended)
Just got your IP from your locations, have fun getting hacked nerd  :cool: :cool: :cool:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline yui

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 06:11:54 »
Just got your IP from your locations, have fun getting hacked nerd  :cool: :cool: :cool:
i am not at home wait :) and who is the nerdiest here?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 06:18:50 »
Does moderating a keyboard forum for no recognition except an orange star sound like something a nerd would do? Heh didn't think so...  :cool: :cool: :cool:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 06:23:32 »
Does moderating a keyboard forum for no recognition except an orange star sound like something a nerd would do? Heh didn't think so...  :cool: :cool: :cool:
true, needs too much social skills :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 12:54:02 »
Show me the rule he's broken - either it's an elaborate hoax and the same guy or the new typo is 'impersonating' someone who's deceased and as he's openly said this is what's going on it's not really impersonation.

The only dodgy scenario is if the original typo is sleeping in a freezer while the replacement lives in his house playing with his keyboards - if this is the case I don't want to piss him off and he's a little beyond help.

For an orange star I'll do it!  Oh :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:01:03 »
Stop talking about it,  you'll get us all murdareddd...
looks like a good idea for a novel :)

Offline rxc92

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:07:09 »
Show me the rule he's broken - either it's an elaborate hoax and the same guy or the new typo is 'impersonating' someone who's deceased and as he's openly said this is what's going on it's not really impersonation.

There are plenty of examples of him making comments solely to attack others, many of which I've reported over time (to obviously little effect, as the mods don't seem to care). Here's a little gem from the other day, entire quote 

Obviously your Momma taught you no respect. Keep it off topic. I am gone, I used you guy's for the info I wanted. Luckily I got pretty much everything I need at this point.
You disrespect my Grandfather you stinking bums. Eat my jock strap. Does that sound like I am the same person?

It's not like there are many posts each day. Is it really too much to ask of the mods to act on comments like that?

Offline yui

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:35:06 »

There are plenty of examples of him making comments solely to attack others, many of which I've reported over time (to obviously little effect, as the mods don't seem to care). Here's a little gem from the other day, entire quote 

Obviously your Momma taught you no respect. Keep it off topic. I am gone, I used you guy's for the info I wanted. Luckily I got pretty much everything I need at this point.
You disrespect my Grandfather you stinking bums. Eat my jock strap. Does that sound like I am the same person?

It's not like there are many posts each day. Is it really too much to ask of the mods to act on comments like that?
I never thought i would defend typo but, for one this is online, as far as online discourse goes that is very tame, from the message it seems that someone insulted him 1st, and it does not seem to happen every day but actually fairly rarely, and for crying out loud give the guy a bit of lee way, he lost his grand-father fairly recently and is trying to piece back his hobby together. if you can't let some of that slide i am not sure browsing public forums are safe for you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:38:32 »
That's a good movie plot. Someone becomes obsessed with a strangers internet posts to the point they want to become them so they track them down and kill/hold them hostage. Start wearing their clothes and buying their same food while living in their home, doing their work from home job and no one suspects. Even trolling the same forums their object of fixation frequents. There's at least a creepy indie movie in there.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 03:16:04 »
If the original typo is deceased, then IMHO, that account should be prevented to create posts. Allow login, filtering on the user's messages and reading private messages, change signature etc. But don't allow new posts on the forum, or new private messages.
If a grand-kid wants to post, then let him create his own user account like everyone else!

If typo isn't deceased for real, but has been trolling then that could be a reason for a temp-ban (prevent login or create posts) until he explains himself to the moderators, don't you think?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 03:36:39 »
You guys are making something out of nothing.

The discussion is unnecessary, let it be.

If the person does have issues, it is not our place to intervene until serious misuse of the forum has taken place.

-If the case from their end is true, then this thread is merely derision.

-If it is a case of mental disability, then this procession itself is discriminatory.

-If it is a case of convoluted trolling, then this discussion is pointless.

Under every condition, we should leave it alone.

We should not pretend like anyone could KNOW-ANY-BETTER. We are missing the facts, and it's neither our place to investigate the facts, nor discuss, nor to deal with them absent full revelation.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 09:52:59 »
I don't see an issue with it in the long run, there have been no problems caused by his grandson using his account and asking about his grandfather's collection of boards that he inherited. It has been clarified by his grandson in numerous posts and has stated why he's using the account, so just let it go.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D