Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 376482 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #1300 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:41:36 »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1301 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:46:53 »
Why do we have so many trolls on this forum....

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1302 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:47:46 »
what's the deal with this dude? nobody's gonna sell you **** when you can't even adhere to basic social etiquette by posting PMs all over the forum

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1303 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:49:32 »

They got tired of all the keyboards with shoes next to them??

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1304 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:50:56 »

Clearly, it's time to go next level.  Socks on keyboards, keyboards in shoes.

Or go to the other end of the body and post keyboards with "fedoras".

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1305 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:51:06 »
what's the deal with this dude? nobody's gonna sell you **** when you can't even adhere to basic social etiquette by posting PMs all over the forum

maybe he's socially retarded.

or, just an idiot. maybe he thinks if he talks enough **** about another member somebody will say "holy **** this guy is legit i should sell him one at a loss because of how legit he is"
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1306 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 22:54:05 »

post keyboards with "fedoras".

This could work.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1307 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:00:43 »
probably. guy's recent posting history pretty consists entirely of begging others to sell Clacks to him, in a totally unabashed manner too. ironically he refused the only offer he was given, but not before letting the whole world know that the person who offered it to him is the devil incarnate

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1308 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:00:52 »

Well said haha.  :thumb:
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1309 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:02:06 »

GENIUS!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1310 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:06:54 »
probably. guy's recent posting history pretty consists entirely of begging others to sell Clacks to him, in a totally unabashed manner too. ironically he refused the only offer he was given, but not before letting the whole world know that the person who offered it to him is the devil incarnate

epzy pretty devilish, but not because of CC's

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1311 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:09:56 »

How did I miss this drama! You are out of GH for a couple of hours and bam, you missed this juicy drama.. Moar drama plz!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1312 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:11:47 »

epzy pretty devilish, but not because of CC's

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

these red bottoms on our feet lookin' devilish

How did I miss this drama! You are out of GH for a couple of hours and bam, you missed this juicy drama.. Moar drama plz!

offered captlock an oktoberfest for $150 shipped, but sold it to another guy for $140+shipping instead. captlock wanted to pay $50 and got butthurt. he then proceeded to post pm's from me in 2-3 different threads and what not xD
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:42:16 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1313 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:13:22 »
nikes on my feet make my cypher complte

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1314 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 23:41:48 »

GENIUS!
Show Image

Haha nice

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1315 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 00:12:32 »
I've seen yellow blanks like that from CC - he's just copying the design (notice how thick the top part is) and colours, then adds a couple of different colours.

Grrr.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1316 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 03:34:59 »
provided that he is going to do caps that he created (by that i mean a whole new original design) would you guys still support him?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1317 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 03:38:32 »
provided that he is going to do caps that he created (by that i mean a whole new original design) would you guys still support him?
That's wrong on moral grounds.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1318 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 03:42:10 »
oh well i guess it's byebye dota caps then

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1320 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 06:03:14 »

Dota?

http://www.geekkeys.com/dota-2-backlight-keycap/
http://www.geekkeys.com/dota-2-keycap/

they're in my collection including the zinc ones.

i was eyeing on the dota 2 caps he made.

keyword: was

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1321 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 07:12:16 »
I hate the fake stuff, and have said so many times. That said I don't see how we can say he's copying the blanks just because they have thick tops. Seems like most of the custom cap makers add clay to the original plug inside to thicken the top, right?

I'm not going to buy his stuff either way just saying maybe he didn't copy these blanks.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1322 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 09:34:24 »

Dota?

http://www.geekkeys.com/dota-2-backlight-keycap/
http://www.geekkeys.com/dota-2-keycap/

they're in my collection including the zinc ones.

i was eyeing on the dota 2 caps he made.

keyword: was

personally i don't see how someone else has the right to make a dota cap but k3 doesn't.
its not like any of these people making dota caps has the approval of Valve anyway.

Now you can argue you don't wanna support k3 morally i guess that's fine.  But if you're worried about "copying", its really not as we're all happy to get DOTA/League/SC2 stuff.  I mean the Kmiller esports team PBT dyesub caps were def made without any approval of the teams lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1323 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:35:07 »

nah. just off the fact he acted like a ****. it would be one thing if he used a cc as a stepping stone to his own products but the fact hes selling them out of spite he can go **** himself

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1324 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:42:48 »

nah. just off the fact he acted like a ****. it would be one thing if he used a cc as a stepping stone to his own products but the fact hes selling them out of spite he can go **** himself

Exactly! If he ever planned to make his own **** then he shouldnt of sold CC knock offs.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1325 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:09:40 »

Like when Samsung ripped off the iPhone design in order to give the Galaxy brand a step up over the rest of the Android phones..

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1326 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:25:21 »
Like when Samsung ripped off the iPhone design in order to give the Galaxy brand a step up over the rest of the Android phones..

I don't remember that. Can you give some specifics?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1327 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:28:35 »

I don't remember that. Can you give some specifics?

It was pretty big news; http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/31/apple-sues-samsung-for-2bn

I think Apple won? It went on for months and I lost interest.. but from the documents that came out in court Samsung basically said to there design team to copy the iPhone

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1328 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:30:36 »

I would never knowingly support anything he creates, original or not. The guy is a grade-A scumbag and I refuse to do business with people so petulant and disrespectful.

"Honestly, I don’t want to make brobot’s clone, they are really ugly cheap ****. But Brocap always intervene in my business so I make a chance for him to show his genius."

**** that guy and anyone who supports him.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1329 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 13:33:14 »

I would never knowingly support anything he creates, original or not. The guy is a grade-A scumbag and I refuse to do business with people so petulant and disrespectful.

"Honestly, I don’t want to make brobot’s clone, they are really ugly cheap ****. But Brocap always intervene in my business so I make a chance for him to show his genius."

+1
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1330 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 13:43:58 »

This.
I'm back.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1331 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 15:27:44 »
tbh i don't even trust his quality in the first place. his fake clacks didn't look so hot.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1332 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 15:57:40 »

That's about right.

I contacted the reddit admins regarding their stance on IP theft in this situation, although that's for an entirely different thing as well as this.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #1333 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:03:42 »
The cost of fakes are in the same ballpark as legit CCs.  :eek:
RETIRED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1334 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:06:57 »

Which flies in the face of the "Clacks are too expensive" argument apologists make.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1335 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:19:21 »
I just don't understand, if he has that kind of tooling why doesn't he make something cool on his own. Or hire an artist to create a cool design.

The argument for knock-offs makes sense if you are talking about Nikes or something with a broad market, but to replicate something so niche is baffling. I don't like the racist thoughts it puts in my head about Asians being bootleggers.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1336 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:19:42 »

Which flies in the face of the "Clacks are too expensive" argument apologists make.

I think when they say that they mean 2nd hand clacks, not retail. I guess.
I'm back.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #1337 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:23:57 »

+1 for Solidarity. I came out swinging in the fake brocaps thread, and my opinion hasn't changed. He picked a fight with 2 artisans that have a large hand in shaping this community, he'll never see a dime from me.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1338 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:27:57 »

I think when they say that they mean 2nd hand clacks, not retail. I guess.

No, it's just an excuse for their selfishness.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #1339 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:40:14 »
I just don't understand, if he has that kind of tooling why doesn't he make something cool on his own. Or hire an artist to create a cool design.
I completely agree.
The argument for knock-offs makes sense if you are talking about Nikes or something with a broad market, but to replicate something so niche is baffling. I don't like the racist thoughts it puts in my head about Asians being bootleggers.
Why does this make sense? This isnt self evident to me.
RETIRED

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1340 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 16:54:30 »

I guess it doesn't really make sense, you're right. It's just a weird thing to decide to make knock-offs of.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #1341 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:35:55 »
I completely agree.

Well, with things like designer purses and Nikes the knockoffs are typically sold at a fraction of a price to a market that has a high demand for those particular brands. It makes sense because they capitalize on a brand's image while selling low quality, high margin products while enabling those who purchase them to claim they own a highly sought after good (often they convey a certain status as well). In this case it's slightly more confusing because K3 is selling his knockoffs for as much or in some cases more than the originals went for. The only reason he manages to sell anything is because the product he's ripping off is not one that can necessarily be obtained even if you have the money to buy one (second hand or otherwise). The only status/prestige to be achieved with the knockoffs is on these kinds of communities (even mech enthusiasts I know in real life don't get my fascination with artisan caps), but in all honesty anyone posting crick cracks on here will get laughed off the forum. It's all pretty strange, but when people realize that posting pics of their crick cracks won't get them the kind of attention they're seeking I imagine the demand will dry up.
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1342 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:50:10 »
i see clacks/v2's as an association with GH, little trophies of being part of the forum. I remember when i was/am a freshy here and i had no clacks/brobots. I started posting more and they became easier to obtain. Its funny how the people buying the fakes want something that is a huge part of this community (hence why Bro/ClickClack have GH requirements to join in the sales) but do not want to be a part of the community. K3's are like the ultimate poser caps, why have caps that associate you with GH if you are not going to be a member? Then again half the people on reddit are already talking about flipping the EK clacks if they win...
sell out and eat ass

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #1343 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:55:55 »
I completely agree.

Well, with things like designer purses and Nikes the knockoffs are typically sold at a fraction of a price to a market that has a high demand for those particular brands. It makes sense because they capitalize on a brand's image while selling low quality, high margin products while enabling those who purchase them to claim they own a highly sought after good (often they convey a certain status as well). In this case it's slightly more confusing because K3 is selling his knockoffs for as much or in some cases more than the originals went for. The only reason he manages to sell anything is because the product he's ripping off is not one that can necessarily be obtained even if you have the money to buy one (second hand or otherwise). The only status/prestige to be achieved with the knockoffs is on these kinds of communities (even mech enthusiasts I know in real life don't get my fascination with artisan caps), but in all honesty anyone posting crick cracks on here will get laughed off the forum. It's all pretty strange, but when people realize that posting pics of their crick cracks won't get them the kind of attention they're seeking I imagine the demand will dry up.
I think this sums up the madness nicely and I completely agree. Good post.
RETIRED

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1344 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:01:39 »
i see clacks/v2's as an association with GH, little trophies of being part of the forum. I remember when i was/am a freshy here and i had no clacks/brobots. I started posting more and they became easier to obtain. Its funny how the people buying the fakes want something that is a huge part of this community (hence why Bro/ClickClack have GH requirements to join in the sales) but do not want to be a part of the community. K3's are like the ultimate poser caps, why have caps that associate you with GH if you are not going to be a member? Then again half the people on reddit are already talking about flipping the EK clacks if they win...
I think the most ironic thing is the fact that a bunch of them are trying to justify their soon to be flipping by saying they are doing it to screw over geekhack. No, they are doing it because it's easy money for them, in the same way that some geekhack members see clack sales, unfortunately. I really think the whole karma thing might have a big impact on peoples opinions on reddit though, that is a big reason I do not use reddit. For them to call geekhack a circlejerk is hilarious. If r/mk didn't have karma I feel like a bunch of redditors might actual form their own opinions rather than jumping on the bandwagon for their meaningless internet points.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1345 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:17:52 »
No one expects to walk away with a clack from any sale so it's a pleasant surprise when it does happen, it's something special. In a twisted way it's nice the influx of new members here for the sole purpose of having a chance to buy and sell clacks at drastically inflated costs are selling the clacks back to the people who care about them. I mean it's ****ed sure, but at least we're getting our soldiers back from the terrorists.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1346 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:30:20 »
i see clacks/v2's as an association with GH, little trophies of being part of the forum.

i don't.

and i think it's ridiculous to think that way. your trophy is contributing to the forum, not a piece of plastic a vendor sells you. all that mentality creates is GH becoming a cool kids club that you can just buy yourself into.

honestly, all im seeing is "i have a clack, im part of gh!"

what about the people that don't care for them? does that make them less part of GH because they don't have plastic trophies?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:31:51 by demik »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1347 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:31:31 »
i see clacks/v2's as an association with GH, little trophies of being part of the forum.

i don't.

and i think it's ridiculous to think that way. your trophy is contributing to the forum, not a piece of plastic a vendor sells you. all that mentality creates is GH becoming a cool kids club that you can just buy yourself into.

And then people dump on you because your post count is increasing faster than theirs.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1348 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:32:19 »

i don't.

And then people dump on you because your post count is increasing faster than theirs.

well one thing is contributing and another is spam.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1349 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 18:56:20 »

i don't.

honestly, all im seeing is "i have a clack, im part of gh!"

what about the people that don't care for them? does that make them less part of GH because they don't have plastic trophies?

Opinons demik, thats just the way i feel when i look down at my keyboard. Clacks and bots are mostly traded through GH and can only be purchased from the makers having a GH account (minus the EK sales/wingnut cap) We all collect different things on the forum, unfortunately clacks and bots are one of the few things that are GH exclusive. So in my mind it portrays some sort of affiliation with the site if you do have one.

im not saying anyone is less a member for not having clacks/bots (not sure what exactly that even means). We all have different tastes, i was speaking more so on what exactly artisan caps represent to me personally.

GH is already the cool kids club, artisan caps have nothing to do with that. Than again i am sitting here in my GH tshirt looking at gh60 keyboards...
sell out and eat ass