Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 376196 times)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #2150 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:00:35 »
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2x8gli/ibots_now_in_multiple_colors_at_k3kccom/

At least it looks like there is less support for fake Bros, I guess reddit may be moving in the right direction. Maybe...

Probably not.

Pipe dream.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2151 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:04:15 »
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2x8gli/ibots_now_in_multiple_colors_at_k3kccom/

At least it looks like there is less support for fake Bros, I guess reddit may be moving in the right direction. Maybe...

Probably not.

I flat out don't get that place. I've posted there so many times trying to get people to understand that what this ****er is doing is wrong and yet always get downvoted, now they've totally flipped the script.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #2152 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:06:16 »
my 2 year old could paint better then he has..

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2153 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:07:46 »
I flat out don't get that place. I've posted there so many times trying to get people to understand that what this ****er is doing is wrong and yet always get downvoted, now they've totally flipped the script.

I really don't get the supply and demand logic either, in the real world when this happens people die. Didn't GM have some air bag issue because of counterfeit airbags?

Also they think Bro and CC are super rich and are only making caps for money, they don't realize that they are people with jobs making caps as a hobby for a community they love.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2154 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:09:13 »

I really don't get the supply and demand logic either, in the real world when this happens people die. Didn't GM have some air bag issue because of counterfeit airbags?

Also they think Bro and CC are super rich and are only making caps for money, they don't realize that they are people with jobs making caps as a hobby for a community they love.

Yeah it really pissed me off reading that somehow they think this is bad while still being completely fine with this ****head counterfeiting Clacks.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2155 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:10:10 »

They also mistake the secondhand market for direct sales...they act as though CC is pricing caps at $200 a pop (Freedom eagle and some other exceptions excluded because they're awesome).
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2156 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:14:02 »

They also mistake the secondhand market for direct sales...they act as though CC is pricing caps at $200 a pop (Freedom eagle and some other exceptions excluded because they're awesome).

Some idiot tried to justify by saying "I don't even think Clack makes caps any more". Zero ****ing clue.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2157 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:17:25 »

Some idiot tried to justify by saying "I don't even think Clack makes caps any more". Zero ****ing clue.

Also artisans really aren't that hard to come by if you're part of the community and talk to people. Caps change hands all the time and if everyone knows you're a cool person who really likes the cap offers will come your way. Artisans are only crazy hard to get if you lurk or are an ass.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #2158 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:19:45 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMHtwyrt2X0#t=265

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2159 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:19:54 »

Also artisans really aren't that hard to come by if you're part of the community and talk to people. Caps change hands all the time and if everyone knows you're a cool person who really likes the cap offers will come your way. Artisans are only crazy hard to get if you lurk or are an ass.

Pretty much this.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2160 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:40:40 »

that's bull****. there are certain CCs only a tight inner circle has access to. lets not kid ourselves.

either you throw money at it (3love) or you're "chosen".
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2161 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:45:16 »

that's bull****. there are certain CCs only a tight inner circle has access to. lets not kid ourselves.

The key phrase being certain CCs, I was talking artisans in general.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2162 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:46:58 »

I heard that it's just called "networking" and if you just talk to people any Clack can be had.  Or that's what I'm always told.

That said, it's not too hard to get one, probably not the specific one you want and probably not a bi- or tri-color but still a Clack or a Bro, if you're nice to people and are helpful to the community.  I know I've had generous offers for caps and have given some away or sold some cheaply to people who were just good and productive members of the community.  Of course, certain people literally get them thrown at them because they're put on a pedestal, people think they'll get some special treatment on something, or the person throws ungodly gobs of money at them. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2163 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:47:59 »

The key phrase being certain CCs, I was talking artisans in general.

it's still a part of it.

it doesn't justify what this guy is doing, but lets not act like exclusivity isn't a thing with keycaps. like just being here and showing interest you magically get PMd.

problem is you people (not you in particular) care way too ****ing much about this (artisan caps in general) and thus have created this whole monster. but i wont even get into that since it'll fall on deaf ears, like always.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2164 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:00:43 »
I disagree demik. When I was still quite new without connections and I had just received my duck keyboards, I was offered two clacks as part of a trade and was very thankful for it. It really burns down to just being a part of the community and opportunity as well as being active. I was one of the lucky people who won a clack on the last day of the event wherein all those other people on reddit that are complaining about "Exclusivity" could just as easily have won if they weren't busy praising K3KC for his attempt at making imitations.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2165 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:04:36 »
I disagree demik. When I was still quite new without connections and I had just received my duck keyboards, I was offered two clacks as part of a trade and was very thankful for it. It really burns down to just being a part of the community and opportunity as well as being active. I was one of the lucky people who won a clack on the last day of the event wherein all those other people on reddit that are complaining about "Exclusivity" could just as easily have won if they weren't busy praising K3KC for his attempt at making imitations.

uh, not the same thing.

clacks were used as currency.

and i did not say CC/BB/whomever else was exclusive. i was merely pointing out that there IS some exclusivity. and that's fine,  whomever makes the caps can do whatever the hell they want with them. i was just correcting the joey said.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:06:08 by demik »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2166 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:38:40 »
where is demik?! I thought he's going Viet Nam to kick K3KC's ass?!

Reporting live from vietnam.

Too hot to fight. Slowly dying.

On here, I have paid for keys that cost 7 & 8 dollars, that I have seen on mechmarket for 45 dollars each, which is something weird. Sure, there are people who will try to sell for a profit, but for my deckerson cap, I paid only 7 or 8 dollars for it, and I saw one on mechmarket a day or two ago for more than 30 or 40 dollars. You don't have to try that hard to find good deals on caps, you just have to be lucky and find a good deal.I have never paid more than a dollar or two for an artisan.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:41:27 by pwnnarwhal »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2167 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:53:05 »
pwnnarwhal I shat my pants when I found otu I was one of the last string of winners as that would be the first one I won.  :eek:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2168 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:57:05 »
I was one of the lucky people who won a clack on the last day of the event wherein all those other people on reddit that are complaining about "Exclusivity" could just as easily have won if they weren't busy praising K3KC for his attempt at making imitations.
This! There were about 60 days of Clackvent. 60 days! Some of the days have multiple draw. JD-Day and the last day is where almost anyone who joined is a winner. All it takes are hard work, dedication and technology (read Tapatalk). And whoever still claimed that it is exclusive, inner circle and whatnot should really be smacked for not trying in Clackvent!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2169 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:57:56 »
pwnnarwhal I shat my pants when I found otu I was one of the last string of winners as that would be the first one I won.  :eek:
For clacks? Yeah, I was entering since like the first day, but for some reason it isn't showing the first couple, but when I didn't win anything, until that very last raffle, I was getting worried. I wanted to get my first clack through a raffle, so earlier that day I denied trading one of my caps for a clack, granted, it wasn't a clack I liked anyways, but I am now debating which switch type to get it on.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2170 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 22:14:13 »
Same here man. Camped that thread 24/7

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2171 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 03:08:57 »
I only wish I had the financial resources to go after (or support bro and clack) k3kc.
Luckily for the moment however his rip offs are so blatant and so awful that most (I hope) won't bother.

I also don't buy the fact that he's too lazy to come up with his own work. I actually think he's totally incapable which is why he lashed out and attacked Clack and Bro. He's totally incapable of coming up with his own good designs so he has to rip off the best for attention, befriending the most heartbroken nerd on the Internet in the process.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2172 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 08:50:04 »
I was one of the lucky people who won a clack on the last day of the event wherein all those other people on reddit that are complaining about "Exclusivity" could just as easily have won if they weren't busy praising K3KC for his attempt at making imitations.
This! There were about 60 days of Clackvent. 60 days! Some of the days have multiple draw. JD-Day and the last day is where almost anyone who joined is a winner. All it takes are hard work, dedication and technology (read Tapatalk). And whoever still claimed that it is exclusive, inner circle and whatnot should really be smacked for not trying in Clackvent!
I was so sad that I had not entered for clackvent...on well I was not even a member of GH yet....congrats synjin I had seen your sig about the clack for a couple days you must be freaking stoked!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2173 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 08:51:20 »
Thanks man. I camped that thread and posted every day aside for the ones when tpatalk failed me.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2174 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 08:52:18 »
I wonder how Tipster and K3KC's baby would look like?

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #2175 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 10:15:32 »
Yeah, you don't see me being butthurt because I joined GH too late to be able to try for a Clack in the last event. Did it suck? Well, yeah. Did I whine and cry about how unfair it was and omg I should get to enter despite not meeting the requirements? Hell no. He can set whatever requirements he wants, if I didn't meet them that's my problem.

Next time there's a time requirement, I'll meet it, so it's not the end of the world, probably. :P

Nothing has struck me as unfair or mean or elitist about the way artisans sell their keycaps.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2176 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 10:30:08 »
Yeah, you don't see me being butthurt because I joined GH too late to be able to try for a Clack in the last event. Did it suck? Well, yeah. Did I whine and cry about how unfair it was and omg I should get to enter despite not meeting the requirements? Hell no. He can set whatever requirements he wants, if I didn't meet them that's my problem.

Next time there's a time requirement, I'll meet it, so it's not the end of the world, probably. :P

Nothing has struck me as unfair or mean or elitist about the way artisans sell their keycaps.
I did not meet his requirements during the last time he sold clacks before this one so I was once in your shoe. My point was to those who make silly excuses for supporting someone who rips off other artists.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2177 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 10:38:46 »

I did not meet his requirements during the last time he sold clacks before this one so I was once in your shoe. My point was to those who make silly excuses for supporting someone who rips off other artists.
he ended up hooking up everyone at the end didn't he... That's so awesome good for him and everyone that entered.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2178 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 10:39:32 »
Yeah he did. I was quite happy getting my first win since I've tried almost every day like the others here.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2179 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 10:50:26 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2180 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 10:55:20 »
Sorry for the double post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2xshc5/making_an_artisan_key_wax_master/ WOW HE CARVES SO WELL!!!!!

Guys that cap is made with love...see the heart!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2181 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 10:56:18 »
Lolz my nuts just fell to the ground from Loling.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2182 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 10:56:51 »
Lolz my nuts just fell to the ground from Loling.

Hey, there's a cap for that to.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2183 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 11:03:43 »
Im going to try to get it but hopefully I win. Bro's vein-y nut. I had no idea Ripster plays the Full support role.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #2184 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 12:11:33 »
Nice long fingernails.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #2185 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:14:36 »

Oh, I know who it's directed at, mine is directed at the same people. ;)

Re: Reddit thread:

OK. Wow. That is disgusting. Both the pictures of 'sculpting' the ripoff bros and Ripster posting them. I'm getting really close to being done with /r/mk. This might actually do it. Disgusting.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2186 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:20:59 »

Oh, I know who it's directed at, mine is directed at the same people. ;)

Re: Reddit thread:

OK. Wow. That is disgusting. Both the pictures of 'sculpting' the ripoff bros and Ripster posting them. I'm getting really close to being done with /r/mk. This might actually do it. Disgusting.

I've been done for a while. It's just fun to correct Rip's inaccuracies at this point

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #2187 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:25:13 »
if you already spend a lot of time reading this forum, there's zero reasons to visit that sub ever. the majority of worthwhile content there originates from here, no point suffering through hundreds of ripster reposts, k3 adverts, potato pics of bland stock boards (bonus points for shoes) and lazy memes to find some decent original content

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2188 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:26:46 »
if you already spend a lot of time reading this forum, there's zero reasons to visit that sub ever. the majority of worthwhile content there originates from here, no point suffering through hundreds of ripster reposts, k3 adverts, potato pics of bland stock boards (bonus points for shoes) and lazy memes to find some decent original content

but muh le dank redditor memes?!? *tip*
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #2189 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:37:45 »
Regarding the latest drama post on reddit from k3c:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2xshc5/making_an_artisan_key_wax_master/

Original source with more pics is this:
http://forum.vietnammechkey.com/threads/ibot.593.html

Final note reads:
Thanks everyone, especially Brocap.(Copyright by bunnylake)

It's just incendiary, isn't it?
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2190 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:39:24 »
Pics are from here:

Final note reads:

They aim to infuriate. Also doesn't help that reddit admins refuse to take action

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2191 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:42:55 »
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2xshc5/making_an_artisan_key_wax_master/

Final note reads:

'Weapons Grade Autism' I believe is the most accurate description of his post.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2192 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:46:11 »

Final note reads:

'Weapons Grade Autism' I believe is the most accurate description of his post.

QFT

At this point r/mk is a mostly a flock of retards. I'm officially done.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #2193 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:49:21 »
if there's one good thing about /r/mk, it's the people who come here afterwards tend to become active members. thx ripster!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2194 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:50:05 »
Pics are from here:

Final note reads:

They aim to infuriate. Also doesn't help that reddit admins refuse to take action

I wonder if a DMCA takedown notice would help. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2195 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:50:34 »
if there's one good thing about /r/mk, it's the people who come here afterwards tend to become active members. thx ripster!

I resemble that!

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #2196 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 13:58:43 »
Identity theft?
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2197 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:01:15 »
Pics are from here:

Final note reads:

Bro/CC would have to do that

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #2198 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:02:08 »
would it though? k3's site is probably already known by anyone who would consider getting one, i doubt preventing the link from being posted further will do any good. streisand effect etc. if anything it would give ripster new 'material' for his geekwhack propaganda

I resemble that!
yeah the number of regular posters who came from /r/mk is surprisingly high, or so i noticed

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2199 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:09:55 »
I resemble that!
yeah the number of regular posters who came from /r/mk is surprisingly high, or so i noticed

I did.