Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 243591 times)

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 14:56:54 »
Do you have a picture of the clear PC with aluminum plate & weight/leaf?
I'm afraid I can't afford the brass that I want so much, but I might be able to get the standard kit.

No.
There are photos for PC case with brass plate/weight. The board will look about the same with alu plate/weight.
Brass plate and weight are more for the weight, not the look.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 14:58:28 »
    I meant to ask if the split space is possible if I opt for the standard layout plate and non-hotswap version of the PCB offered in this GB.[/list]

Universal PCB + Universal plate is for the split spacebar layout.

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #202 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 15:01:24 »
    What LEDs would you recommend for this board?

I recommend no LEDs for switches.
    If you order a clear PC case, I'd recommend RGB LED strips for underglow.

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #203 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 15:03:00 »
    How can we check what we ordered?

I want to order another and want to make sure I don’t get the same config :x

The brief order info will be included in the invoice. You can also PM me for details.

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #204 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 15:06:47 »
    Hi Senter,

I sent a PM to change my order but i got an invoice for the old order, not the new one. :)

Hi dantambok. I didn't receive your PM. I just asked you through PM.

BTW, for everyone, I've replied all the PMs that requested for changes. Please PM me if you asked and didn't get a reply.

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #205 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 15:10:58 »
    after the group buy ends, will there be extra pcbs? i might want to pick up one afterwards, but right now i cant justify the extra cost.

Yes.
    Even after extra PCBs are all be taken, they can be made for every 10 PCBs minimum in one batch.
    Same for all Fox Lab board PCBs. 

Offline heloitsame

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 16:09:13 »
    after the group buy ends, will there be extra pcbs? i might want to pick up one afterwards, but right now i cant justify the extra cost.

Yes.
    Even after extra PCBs are all be taken, they can be made for every 10 PCBs minimum in one batch.
    Same for all Fox Lab board PCBs.

thanks for the quick reply! ill be PMing to clarify my order because i now realized i forgot to put something at the bottom.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 17:59:45 »
    Replied for the changes. Thank you Senter!
    Stuff  I have
    More
    2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:03:17 »
    What do I have to order to build the HHKB in the first photo?  I use a HHKB2 and this looks like an awesome board to be it's companion.

Clear PC Case (HHKB layout)
    PVD Brass Plate (Universal layout)
    Universal PCB
    PVD Brass Weight
    (+ GMK Serika keyset from somewhere else!)

Note that if you currently use a HHKB you will be used to split backspace, which the board in that photo lacks. You can still achieve this with the universal PCB and plate, but you could substitute the PCB and/or the plate for their HHKB-specific counterparts. The HHKB PCB is hotswap let, and the HHKB plate would mean the plate wouldn't have a hole where the corner blockers are.

Thanks for you help. I ordered the Clear PC case, brass hhkb plate and brass weight, HHKB PCB (hot swappable). 

Am I correct in thinking that as it's hot swappable no soldering will be required during assembly?

Offline dado brat

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:09:09 »
    I assume the yellow option is the same as for the leaf 80. If so, can someone elaborate on how vibrant the yellow actually is? it looks very gold-ish to me on the pictures and I would love that

Offline tootle

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:39:18 »
    What do I have to order to build the HHKB in the first photo?  I use a HHKB2 and this looks like an awesome board to be it's companion.

Universal PCB
    PVD Brass Weight

Note that if you currently use a HHKB you will be used to split backspace, which the board in that photo lacks. You can still achieve this with the universal PCB and plate, but you could substitute the PCB and/or the plate for their HHKB-specific counterparts. The HHKB PCB is hotswap let, and the HHKB plate would mean the plate wouldn't have a hole where the corner blockers are.

Thanks for you help. I ordered the Clear PC case, brass hhkb plate and brass weight, HHKB PCB (hot swappable). 

Am I correct in thinking that as it's hot swappable no soldering will be required during assembly?

Yeah, you shouldn't have to solder switches in if it's hot swap.

Offline Hyun Cheol Hwang

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 18:59:24 »

I sent you an email. Please check. :D

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 19:08:14 »

Universal PCB
    PVD Brass Weight

Yeah, you shouldn't have to solder switches in if it's hot swap.
    Is it compatible to all MX/MX clone switches?

Offline patch

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 19:19:08 »
    hi! bit new to the whole world of "custom and plates"

I'm looking to order a "future" proof design which involves  compatibility with aftermarket pcbs.

I'm leaning towards the WKL plate version of the board but will aftermarkets be fine with it, or should I just go with the MX-universal plate for aftermarket pcbs :O
    MX:
    Aeboards Aegis (Silver) | Aeboards EXT65 (Black #3)
    TGR Alice (Silver) | TGR Alice (Black) | TGR Jane V2 (Silver) | Keycult No2 SS (7/10) | Keycult No2 Brass #6 |

Topre:
    HHKB Type-S (White) | HHKB Pro2 Hi-Pro(Black) | Norbaforce (Veracity Steel) | Monolith Heavy 6

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 19:25:46 »
    hi! bit new to the whole world of "custom and plates"

I'm looking to order a "future" proof design which involves  compatibility with aftermarket pcbs.

I'm leaning towards the WKL plate version of the board but will aftermarkets be fine with it, or should I just go with the MX-universal plate for aftermarket pcbs :O

You won’t be able to use aftermarket PCBs because this one has a center placed USB port
    « Last Edit: Sat, 19 January 2019, 20:17:43 by laserbeamspewpew »

Offline mmontess

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 19:49:24 »
    Not sure if this has been asked, but with the HHKB case/plate, will the spacebar be 6.25u or 7u?

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 20:08:52 »
    Not sure if this has been asked, but with the HHKB case/plate, will the spacebar be 6.25u or 7u?
    7u

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 22:29:12 »
    How does this gasket mount compare to something like the meme? How is the typing feel and sound?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:57:39 »
    If I want an alps build am I correct in understanding that a HHKB plate + universal PCB will work.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 01:58:48 »
    Hey Senter, seeing a build stream tonight of a Leaf80 has me a little concerned. There were lots of switch alignment issues and even caps rubbing on the wkl blockers. The images of the Leaf60 proto looks like the seams around the caps are tight too. Is this something that has been addressed since the 80 group buy?
    « Last Edit: Sun, 20 January 2019, 02:03:50 by juaninamilli »

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 02:30:02 »
    Hey Senter, seeing a build stream tonight of a Leaf80 has me a little concerned. There were lots of switch alignment issues and even caps rubbing on the wkl blockers. The images of the Leaf60 proto looks like the seams around the caps are tight too. Is this something that has been addressed since the 80 group buy?

got a link monkaS

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 02:35:53 »
    It all starts at 2:10:00 http://www.twitch.tv/taehatypes/v/366670203?sr=a&t=7808s

got a link monkaS

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 02:45:39 »
    The E-red samples seems to be quite dark, was this the lighting or will it be a dark red - brown colour?

Offline rope

• yeet
    « Reply #223 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 06:22:05 »
    my leaf 80 didn't have any of those issues at all, guy probably either just got super unlucky or maybe something happened during shipping? i wouldn't personally be concerned, i haven't heard anyone else complain about any of these things either

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 07:52:35 »
    Anyhow all in on a red Leaf.
    Don't tell my fiancee.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 08:38:52 »
    Thanks for the info man! Definitely helps restore some confidence.
    my leaf 80 didn't have any of those issues at all, guy probably either just got super unlucky or maybe something happened during shipping? i wouldn't personally be concerned, i haven't heard anyone else complain about any of these things either

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #226 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 09:33:21 »

I just watched the recording until finish. Seems like there were three issues when Nathan was building the board.

1. Enter key is a little higher.
    2. Several alpha keys are not aligned.
    3. Left and right Shift keys are a little lower.

For 1, the issue is gone after Nathan soldered the switch.
    For 2 and 3, I guess some keys were not pressed down completely. Pressing the key while soldering them should fix the problem. That was a custom plate but I didn't find any problems with the plate file.

update: Saru confirmed what I said.
    « Last Edit: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:17:35 by senter »

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #227 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 10:24:39 »

Is it compatible to all MX/MX clone switches?

Yes

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #228 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 10:25:57 »
    If I want an alps build am I correct in understanding that a HHKB plate + universal PCB will work.

No. You should pick ALPS plate + universal PCB

Offline spyruf

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 11:46:39 »

No. You should pick ALPS plate + universal PCB

got it, thanks for the clarification!

Offline Lormania

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 12:59:37 »
    Is the Alps plate/pcb compatible with the HHKB Layout case?

Yes

I also want to make sure this is true before I purchase. I would love to get the HHKB top version of the Leaf60 and have an Alps HHKB build!  My understanding is to order the HHKB top version, alps plate, and alps pcb and I would be all good. Apologies if this is obvious but I am a little confused.

Your understanding is correct.

Thank you for letting me know! One last question, I do not see split right shift or the split backspace as an option on the alps pcb and plate. Does this mean that you can have an Alps HHKB build for everything but the split right shift and split backspace or is there a way I am not seeing? Thank you for answering all of our questions in a timely matter!

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
    « Reply #231 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 13:13:35 »
    I am sorry of this have been asked before, didn't find answers in the comments. But the renders show ISO support. Does it have ISO support? Really want to get in of it does :)

Offline fireworm

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 13:15:01 »

Yes

I also want to make sure this is true before I purchase. I would love to get the HHKB top version of the Leaf60 and have an Alps HHKB build!  My understanding is to order the HHKB top version, alps plate, and alps pcb and I would be all good. Apologies if this is obvious but I am a little confused.

Your understanding is correct.

Thank you for letting me know! One last question, I do not see split right shift or the split backspace as an option on the alps pcb and plate. Does this mean that you can have an Alps HHKB build for everything but the split right shift and split backspace or is there a way I am not seeing? Thank you for answering all of our questions in a timely matter!
    Right, Alps plate only has exactly layout: ANSI WKL.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 14:20:49 »
    Definitely getting a PC and brass kit.

Two questions,

1. can I use the universal pcb and plate with the HHKB top?
    2. Could a “standard” 60% pcb and plate be fitted to the case? Asking mainly for the Boardwalk PCB

Offline etong415

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 14:49:32 »
    PMed for a full PVD version, if spots are available. I understand orders can be changed prior to submitting the form, but can I submit a form for a non-PVD one, in the event that there are no spots available, so I don’t miss the GB?

Offline balduran85

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 15:35:57 »
    Is there a way to get hotswap pcb, normal backspace and a win key all together? Or at least hotswap with normal backspace? So many possible combination is confusing me and your help will be highly appreciated.

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 January 2019, 15:45:52 by balduran85 »

Offline fireworm

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 16:18:27 »
    Is there a way to get hotswap pcb, normal backspace and a win key all together? Or at least hotswap with normal backspace? So many possible combination is confusing me and your help will be highly appreciated.
    No, hotswap pcb is only split backspace, from what I see.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 16:50:54 »
    How much does the PC version weigh with the brass plate and weight?

Offline balduran85

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 18:41:57 »

Thank you sir. I guess I will just have to get used to the split backspace as the clear PC casing is irresistable. And come to think of it, I already have Koyu on the way so I would have to get used to split backspace anyway.

Offline etong415

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 18:43:38 »

Thank you sir. I guess I will just have to get used to the split backspace as the clear PC casing is irresistable. And come to think of it, I already have Koyu on the way so I would have to get used to split backspace anyway.
    For what it’s worth, i just got a 60% w/ split backspace after using mostly 75% and TKL boards, the switch took about half an hour to get use to, and it feels so much more comfortable to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MMKB

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 18:54:06 »
    Is it possible to have more photos of black polycarb?

Edit: Also, could you add an option for ordering extra weight?

Here you go https://imgur.com/a/dzHCKBy

You can write a note in the last question in the form. I thought no one wants extra weights.

The potential of building a lightweight -- if that's your thing -- full-polycarbonate keyboard is very interesting. The side curves are beautiful and indeed leaf-like.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 18:54:26 »

For what it’s worth, i just got a 60% w/ split backspace after using mostly 75% and TKL boards, the switch took about half an hour to get use to, and it feels so much more comfortable to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I took a hint from Colemak and put it on the caps lock. Quite nice, imo... Was sad that alps doesn't have split bs though....

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #242 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:15:32 »

ALPS plate and PCB only support what's showing in OP. The PCB should work for split BS and Rshift with a little drilling/wiring but the plate does not.

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #243 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:16:27 »
    I am sorry of this have been asked before, didn't find answers in the comments. But the renders show ISO support. Does it have ISO support? Really want to get in of it does :)

Unfortunately, it does not.

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:16:55 »
    Do you know how much flex this has with the PC plate??

Offline senter

• * Maker
    « Reply #245 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:18:22 »

Two questions,

2. Could a “standard” 60% pcb and plate be fitted to the case? Asking mainly for the Boardwalk PCB

1. Yes
    2. No

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 19:58:09 »

Two questions,

1. Yes
    2. No

Thanks for the response!  For 1, I would need to use the HHKB bottom row right? I wouldn’t be able to get a HHKB case with split spacebar support. Just want to confirm. Thank you!

Offline balduran85

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 21:30:10 »
    Sorry for keep asking questions. Should've asked with my previous reply but I got confused again while selecting options in the google form.
    The hotswap PCB is said to be for HHKB/WKL but the picture of the layout shows winkey on it. Does this mean that it can be used for regular layout as well?
    Since the combination I want is [clear PC housing + hotswap PCB + bronze PVD plate + plate holes not showing through the clear PC housing], I guess the only choice I have is to go with regular layout, so I do hope the regular layout is possible for hotswap PCB

Offline fireworm

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 21:39:04 »

Sorry for keep asking questions. Should've asked with my previous reply but I got confused again while selecting options in the google form.
    The hotswap PCB is said to be for HHKB/WKL but the picture of the layout shows winkey on it. Does this mean that it can be used for regular layout as well?
    Since the combination I want is [clear PC housing + hotswap PCB + bronze PVD plate + plate holes not showing through the clear PC housing], I guess the only choice I have is to go with regular layout, so I do hope the regular layout is possible for hotswap PCB

The only plate that does not have the winkey cutout is a special one senter added in either black or clear PC.

Hotswap pcb has only a split backspace, so it is not regular layout.

Offline balduran85

« Reply #249 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 21:44:08 »

The only plate that does not have the winkey cutout is a special one senter added in either black or clear PC.

Hotswap pcb has only a split backspace, so it is not regular layout.

Thank you again sir. However, what I was asking was about was the case layout which I am supposed to choose between Regular layout, WKL layout or HHKB layout in the google form.
    I am curious if I choose Regluar Layout for the case, a hotswappable PCB and Bronze WKL plate, I will be able to build a board with a full bottom row so that there won't be any plate holes showing through the pc case.