geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Leather Ducky, you're the one!

<< < (2/6) > >>

keyboardlover:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs;607797 ---Oh, boy, how I wish Ripster was here to comment on this one.
--- End quote ---

This Mod has been officially reddited!

"I'm looking for a keyboard that says...'Dad likes leather!'"

[video=youtube;pZr8bbKxYrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZr8bbKxYrE[/video]

dotancohen:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs;607797 ---Oh, boy, how I wish Ripster was here to comment on this one.
--- End quote ---

Wh-what? I disappear for a month and all the character of GH gets sucked out?

Ripster could provoke people, but so what? He was one of the most helpful people on this board, if not _the_ most helpful. Stallman is a PR disaster, but he is good enough at what he does that the FSF doesn't kick him out. Ulrich is a jerk, but Metallica still keeps him around. Syd Barret was tripping but Pink Floyd, well... all right forget about that last one.

Seriously, though, don't people have enough problems in real life that they can just ignore internet bullies? Especially when that bully turns around and helps you in a way that literally nobody else can? So what if Ripster was arrogant and boisterous? He was helpful, and he knew a lot.

dotancohen:

--- Quote from: Enki;607806 ---iMav might as well start a Fetish Keyboards forum right now.  This is the future we are seeing, people.

Personally, I prefer latex.
--- End quote ---

I did the keycaps of my MS Ergonomic 4000 in latex. It was great for a few months, but when the summer came the latex started melting. I had to peel it all off and redo it with rubber coating. The rubber lasted until I junked the keyboard, though, it was much more durable but not as soft as the latex. I'll see if I can dig up any pictures.

keyboardlover:

--- Quote from: dotancohen ---Seriously, though, don't people have enough problems in real life that they can just ignore internet bullies? Especially when that bully turns around and helps you in a way that literally nobody else can? So what if Ripster was arrogant and boisterous? He was helpful, and he knew a lot.
--- End quote ---

Let's just say he was a habitual line-stepper. Not smart to consistently piss off the admin.

More info here.

dotancohen:
If anyone is still reading, I found a picture of the MS 4000 with Latex-covered keycaps:
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52896[/ATTACH]

Other things to note on that keyboard: Nice big gel cushions epoxied to the wrist wrest, a few notches sawed into some keys and other strategic places to let my fingers navigate the keyboard without looking at it, and the upside-down Scroll Lock key serving as Enter. That last one is actually the reason that I junked the keyboard: off-center keypresses wouldn't register and I would have to bang my fingers on the wider keys. With Enter I just got fed up and put a smaller key on it, but when Caps Lock (remapped to Esc) and Shift started giving me the same problems, I retired the buttonplank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version