Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3479372 times)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #16350 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 10:32:48 »
I know you guys are too much of keyboards connoisseurs for this brand (  ;D ) but i'm looking for the new Corsair K70 Mk. 2 SE with European QWERTZ layout, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I just bad at using the intertubes or you really can't find it anywhere in this version ?

https://amzn.to/2Lt4Fvb
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Norz

« Reply #16351 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 04:59:24 »
I know you guys are too much of keyboards connoisseurs for this brand (  ;D ) but i'm looking for the new Corsair K70 Mk. 2 SE with European QWERTZ layout, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Am I just bad at using the intertubes or you really can't find it anywhere in this version ?

https://amzn.to/2Lt4Fvb

This isn't the SE (aluminium) version.

This is the older version, that you can indeed find everywhere.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 05:00:56 by Norz »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #16352 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 18:50:05 »
Is there a known procedure to make DIY side printed legends on DS ABS key caps? I'd like to make my own side printing to help using alternate custom layers.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16353 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 16:05:38 »
Is it possible to clip the stabs once the board's been assembled? (switches soldered with plate)

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #16354 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 16:33:53 »
Is it possible to clip the stabs once the board's been assembled? (switches soldered with plate)

You'll need to desolder a few switches.
Once you do you'll have enough room to pop the stabilizer wire out of the stabilizer and remove the bit you need to clip.
Reassembly is the reverse.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #16355 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 16:37:10 »

You'll need to desolder a few switches.
Once you do you'll have enough room to pop the stabilizer wire out of the stabilizer and remove the bit you need to clip.
Reassembly is the reverse.
Thanks!

Offline Norz

« Reply #16356 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 05:35:58 »
Alright guys, I need help with a new keyboard. I simply can't find what I'm looking for and I need you to save me from ending up buying a Corsair or something. This is basically what I want:

- It must ship to Switzerland
    - Full size
    - ISO QWERTZ
    - MX switches (or something super similar)
    - Wood or aluminium case
    - PBT keycaps
    - NO need for crazy showlight
    - I like design. Can be super classy wood design or badass "gaming" design, but I like when the keyboard stands out in a way or another.

Thanks a bunch in advance !

Offline Vorlonesque

« Reply #16357 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 18:19:55 »
I was curious if anyone with a Leopold FC980M or KUL ES-87 could tell me how big/deep the bottom/front bezel below the spacebar/lower row is (inches or centimeters are fine...just trying to get an idea of the measurements).  I like having a little space between my wrist rest (a 3m gel wrest) and my keyboard as you can see by the rubber spacers between my Ducky Year of the Tiger keyboard and my wrist rest in the pic below:

I've been toying around with getting the FC980M or ES-87 so I could eschew the need for rubber spacers and was curious how deep their bezels were to determine if that would work.

Offline FenixtheCorgi

« Reply #16358 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 07:38:03 »
This may be out of place but is it a rare occurrence to find a Chicony KB-5161 with SMK Second generation clicky switches? I just noticed that there aren't any instances of it very many places on the internet. Nice switches, btw.
Current boards-
Daily Driver- IBM Pingmaster (Alps SKCC Greens)
Second fiddle- IBM Model M
Board I carry with me- Kingston HyperX (Cherry MX blues)
Boards I break out on occasion, or for LAN parties
Apple Extended Keyboard II (Alps SKCM Cream)
Chicony KB-5161 (With SMK 2nd generation!)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16359 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 09:57:03 »
This may be out of place but is it a rare occurrence to find a Chicony KB-5161 with SMK Second generation clicky switches? I just noticed that there aren't any instances of it very many places on the internet. Nice switches, btw.

Not rare at all, in fact I'd say that is the most common switch to find in a 5161. Mitsumi switches are much rarer and Blue Alps are the rarest of all.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline sridhar

« Reply #16360 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 01:08:42 »
Are there any readymade TKL keyboards having Gateron Clear switches that we can buy besides Glorious GMMK?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16361 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 11:32:06 »
Are there any readymade TKL keyboards having Gateron Clear switches that we can buy besides Glorious GMMK?

I don't know if Varmilo still offers boards with them but they used to. I'd sell you mine but about half the switches have died already.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #16362 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 10:03:25 »
Was the Leopold FC660C discontinued, or something? It's really hard to find, and expensive where I do find it.

Offline Hemanse

« Reply #16363 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 03:46:59 »
Is it possible to buy a standalone case for a VA68M? I would love to build one myself and i can get the pcb and plate, but i cant seem to find a place to get a case on its own. Anyone know if thats possible or is the only way to find someone with a used case they dont need anymore?

Offline sheeploli3

« Reply #16364 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:40:26 »
i kinda broke my spacebar for my cm storm quickfire xt, you guys know where to buy/get one? thankyou

Offline kolec94

« Reply #16365 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 10:39:10 »
I have a at101w and I need replacement pads/feet for the keyboard.  the rubber ones not the flippy ones
Where would I but one?

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #16366 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 16:13:09 »
What type of switches should I be using with a CF plate - tactile or linear?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #16367 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 03:01:24 »
Alright guys, I need help with a new keyboard. I simply can't find what I'm looking for and I need you to save me from ending up buying a Corsair or something. This is basically what I want:

- Full size
    - ISO QWERTZ...

You may want to run this by the good guys at Deskthority, which is based in Europe. Geekhack's based in the US, so we're not nearly as familiar with the things you need. Good luck, though!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #16368 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 03:03:32 »
I have a at101w and I need replacement pads/feet for the keyboard.  the rubber ones not the flippy ones
Where would I but one?

If you need original feet, you'll probably have to buy the cheapest "parts" AT101W you can find on eBay, and cannibalize it.

Otherwise, I'd just get some generic stick-on feet at a dollar store... Who's going to see them, right?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #16369 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 10:13:14 »

- Full size
    - ISO QWERTZ...

You may want to run this by the good guys at Deskthority, which is based in Europe. Geekhack's based in the US, so we're not nearly as familiar with the things you need. Good luck, though!

I still don't understand this sentiment. There are plenty of US users on DT and vice versa.

Offline bantermage

« Reply #16370 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 20:28:19 »
Q: Are there larger layout keyboards available? If so does anyone know a company providing one? Thank you!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #16371 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 18:48:35 »
Q: Are there larger layout keyboards available? If so does anyone know a company providing one? Thank you!
Do you mean large as in bigger than 100%? It can be hard to find new produced keyboards from a manufacturer. The best chances is to join a GB like this: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94495.0 or to look at Ebay and try to convert an old keyboard with a USB active converter :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16372 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 19:26:00 »

Q: Are there larger layout keyboards available?

Model F 122-key terminal for the WIN !

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48786.0
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline PierceSutton

« Reply #16373 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 13:02:03 »
So I'm looking to buy a IBM Model M ( not a unicomp ) but there are quite a few variants out there. What variant do think is the best Model M. Thank you.
Original Apple Extended, Orange Alps

Offline panjakrejn

« Reply #16374 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 16:27:01 »
New to all this, trying to figure out what kind of switches I like before buying my next keyboard. I like the idea of avoiding hysteresis so that I can rapid fire in games, and I like the idea of a clicky sound aesthetically.

Do switches with clicky sounds always come with hysteresis, or can you get clicky switches with no hysteresis?

Thanks.

Offline PierceSutton

« Reply #16375 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 23:36:48 »
I was continuing took look around for keyboards, but I decided having a Model M would be nice but I could also use a keyboard to take to school with me. So I'm now pondering the thought of buying a 60% keyboard, the only problem is I don't know where to find them. If someone could tell me where most people buy there 60% keyboards that would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
Original Apple Extended, Orange Alps

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #16376 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 08:13:32 »
I was continuing took look around for keyboards, but I decided having a Model M would be nice but I could also use a keyboard to take to school with me. So I'm now pondering the thought of buying a 60% keyboard, the only problem is I don't know where to find them. If someone could tell me where most people buy there 60% keyboards that would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=28

is a good place to start.  They also have a lot of the parts if you want to build a 60%.

I ended up getting a https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3546
for a travel/beater board.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ramencup

« Reply #16377 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 12:18:47 »
How are MX Whites? They supposedly have grease pre-applied to the click jacket to suppress the noise a little.

Offline Smack2k

« Reply #16378 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 10:25:38 »
I have a Packard Bell (looks to be mechanical keyboard that has arrows on the back for XT or AT.  The arrows point left or right depending on which you want.  In between the arrors is what looks like a button, but if you push it in, it just goes into the hole and does nothing.  I took the keyboard apart and there is nothing underneath where the button would push into.The keyboards circuit board is about 3/4 inch past the end of the hole but there is nothing there to be depressed, and the small push button had nothing behind it anyway, its just a round 1/8 inch think plastic circle you can push all the way into the hole....

Is something missing on the back of the keyboard?  Not sure how to switch fro XT to AT or what is supposed to be there

The keyboard is from an old Packard Bell PB500 PC Clone

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #16379 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 09:58:59 »
Does anyone know of any petscii sets floating around? I found some old threads a while back from an interested party, but I didn't see any follow through.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

« Reply #16380 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 05:54:31 »
What's a good budget friendly mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting? Doesn't have to be MX switches, but something that feels like browns is something i'm looking for. Was looking at stuff on AliExpress but all i could find was "blue" switches around the $50 USD price point.

One keyboard that caught my eye was the AUKEY KM-G6. 104 key, RGB, Outemu Blue switches for around $50 CAD. If only they had a TKL variant with Outemo Browns switches (if this even exists).. Seems like theres a TKL variant but it's not available on Amazon Canada.

I've already used cherry mx blacks (too heavy) and currently using cherry mx reds (feels ok but kinda squishy).
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 November 2018, 05:57:47 by imadeanaccounttoseepics »

Offline Bucake

« Reply #16381 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:03:54 »
Are there any known/trusted EU-based "fixup-service" providers around on geekhack / deskthority?
In this case I mean soldering and replacing (or cleaning) switches.

I have a KBT Pure Pro (plate-mounted cherry MX switches) over which I stupidly poured a glass of lemonade.
The keyboard still works, but a bunch of the switches are left unusable(sticky), so they will need to be replaced/cleaned for the keyboard to be usable again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2018, 08:50:07 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16382 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 19:57:29 »
Are there any known/trusted EU-based "fixup-service" providers around on geekhack / deskthority?
In this case I mean soldering and replacing (or cleaning) switches.

I have a KBT Pure Pro (plate-mounted cherry MX switches) over which I stupidly poured a glass of lemonade.
The keyboard still works, but a bunch of the switches are left unusable(sticky), so they will need to be replaced/cleaned for the keyboard to be usable again.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45886.0

A bit out of date, but might give you somewhere to start.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #16383 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 11:31:00 »
should skcl green alps be lubed with krytox? is there some reason that alps are usually dry lubed instead? some of the green alps i recieved are scratchy and i want to make them all consistent.

Offline Kilgarah

« Reply #16384 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 11:38:38 »
should skcl green alps be lubed with krytox? is there some reason that alps are usually dry lubed instead? some of the green alps i recieved are scratchy and i want to make them all consistent.
Alps are notorious for getting dust and dirt in them really easily. A lube or oil that isn't dry tends to catch this dirt and make switches feel a lot worse. Dry lube can mitigate the risk of gritty switches.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #16385 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:41:32 »
is RO-59 considered dry lube? are there any better options for dry lubing skcl greens?

Offline CrankyAI

Keyboards
« Reply #16386 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 03:45:21 »
Moved to separate thread.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2018, 07:15:49 by CrankyAI »
Filco Majestouch(V1) MX Brown;  IBM M13 PS2 buckling spring w/ Trackpoint II;  Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB scissors w/ TrackPoint;  Siig Premium Aluminum USB scissors;  Logitech Illuminated K740 scissors;  Adesso Win-Touch Pro USB membrane with Glidepoint touchpad;  Adesso EasyTouch 730UB USB membrane with touchpad;  Adesso EasyTouch 730PB PS2 membrane with touchpad;  Logitech Trackman Marble, etc.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #16387 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 23:28:00 »
is RO-59 considered dry lube? are there any better options for dry lubing skcl greens?
Yeah, it's a dry lube.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #16388 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:39:13 »
i've got a 60% with a shift and enter key with stabilisers with way too much lube, so much that it gets stuck at the bottom out. is there a way i can clean this up without desoldering?

edit: added pic...
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2018, 01:15:52 by nmur »

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #16389 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 04:27:01 »
Although modern keyboards have a "Return" and an "Enter" key that basically do the same thing, I wonder if there was a time when they sent different keycodes. There must be a reason why they have different labels. Can anyone enlighten me?
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16390 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 06:50:01 »
Although modern keyboards have a "Return" and an "Enter" key that basically do the same thing, I wonder if there was a time when they sent different keycodes. There must be a reason why they have different labels. Can anyone enlighten me?

In the transition from typewriters, there were sometimes different keys for the functions of "carriage return" and "line feed"
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

• actually, this guy
« Reply #16391 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 07:01:42 »
Thank you, that was too obvious. Oops.
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16392 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 08:28:32 »
Not really. And I did not explain "Enter" in the sense of "enter data" which is sometimes done with the Tab key or in other ways. I have to use one (old) program at work that requires Tab to enter data and the actual Enter key will not do it.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

• actually, this guy
« Reply #16393 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 08:31:02 »
Does it differ between Enter and Return?

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #16394 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 09:00:17 »
With word processing software coming up, CR (carriage return) and LF (line feed) were combined in one key called "return". On the other hand, this very key was used in the OS to confirm and execute commands, and in this function was called "enter". The naming difference took place very early (early 80ies?) and reflects whether it wanted to emphasize the word processing function or the OS function of the keyboard. Modern PCs have mostly "enter", as PCs main task shifted from word processing to more generic usage.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 January 2019, 02:44:00 by Eszett »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #16395 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 20:45:21 »
Is there some way in which the distinction between "Enter" and "Return" is related to the application of way too much lube?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #16396 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 01:13:59 »
Alps; when using an ultrasonic cleaner, can we throw in the bottom housing along with the switchplate? or will that ruin the switch?

if we can't, what's the best way to remove the switchplate? many of my skcl greens have left over solder on them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16397 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 19:54:09 »

I've used systems/terminals in the past where the computer would present a screenful of information with some user-editable fields.  The user would enter their information, usually pressing Tab between each field.  Then finish by pressing Enter to submit the entire form (all field values) to the computer.

Return was used to place line breaks in multi-line fields.  Or, more typically, when entering operating system commands.

In HP terms, the terminal would be set to "page mode" and transmit a page of information at a time, rather than character by character, or field by field.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Mikey G

« Reply #16398 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:39:37 »
Hey, I am very new into mechanical keyboards and quite like the look of the the GMMK. I am just wondering is this a good keyboard and is it good for beginners? Maybe some other keyboard recommendations for a beginner in the sub £50-£150 range... preferable under £100? Thank You

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #16399 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:52:10 »
Hey, I am very new into mechanical keyboards and quite like the look of the the GMMK. I am just wondering is this a good keyboard and is it good for beginners? Maybe some other keyboard recommendations for a beginner in the sub £50-£150 range... preferable under £100? Thank You

*highlights text so that it's legible*

I would steer clear of Magicforce 68 if you want a keyboard that plays well with multiple bios eras (early 2000's, etc.). I've read good things about CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. Need more input.