Author Topic: [GB] Milkyway Cultured | GB Live !!!  (Read 6621 times)

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
[GB] Milkyway Cultured | GB Live !!!
« on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 16:12:54 »
Milkyway Cultured

GB Date: June 8 ~ July 10

Estimated ship date: end of Q4 2022

Join Discord Server for updates!

Vendors

US: Mechs & Co
Canada: KanataKeys
UK: ProtoTypist
EU: Keygem
OCE: Daily Clack
SEA: Zion Studios
KR: KLC
China: Milkyway Keys
Rest of the world: zFrontier

Pricing

Base Kit: $90
40s Base Kit: $80
Novelties: $25
White Spacebars: $20
Blue Spacebars: $24
Norde: $22
Mr.Cat Deskmat: $20
HIBI Artisan: $50

Kits

Base Kit

Novelties

White Spacebars

Blue Spacebars

NorDe UK

40s Base Kit

Deskmat

Mr.Cat Deskmat by InputUniverse

Renders

Rotor by Densus Designs

Jane V2 by TGR

Anodized Aluminium Whimsy by prkns

Spring by OwLab

Metal Artisan

HIBI 1st 007 Artisan

Cable Collab

Coming soon by Space Cable

Resin Artisans

Archetype
Della Key
Krakenkap
Namong
Meof.caps
Shirouu
Sandun
Miroticaps

Contact

Discord DM: JohnYYZ#0001
Instagram: @johnyyz__

If you would like to show your support and help advertise Milkyway Cultured here on Geekhack!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116372.0][img width=276 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/Eg8wrWq.png[/img][/url]

Offline syntx

• I must be dreaming
Re: [GB] Milkyway Cultured | GB Live !!!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 15:28:43 »
Sad to see the lack of creativity in the Novelty kit. Personally, I see no reason to combine a DB5 and martini glass with cats and moustaches, you can't see a clear theme. Also, I would have appreciated being contacted without just using my Novelties as a template or inspiration. I know (If the theme is James Bond?) that Bond is in large parts Aston Martin, Martini and Women, yet there would have been numerous other possibilities that would unite much better with the classic moustache look you chose and i would have surely helped you with that.

Nevertheless, I really like the colors and the artisan. And of course you also created your own, good designs, I'm not implying a clone. GLWGB!
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 June 2022, 15:30:23 by syntx »

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 June 2022, 17:39:33 »
Sad to see the lack of creativity in the Novelty kit. Personally, I see no reason to combine a DB5 and martini glass with cats and moustaches, you can't see a clear theme. Also, I would have appreciated being contacted without just using my Novelties as a template or inspiration. I know (If the theme is James Bond?) that Bond is in large parts Aston Martin, Martini and Women, yet there would have been numerous other possibilities that would unite much better with the classic moustache look you chose and i would have surely helped you with that.

Nevertheless, I really like the colors and the artisan. And of course you also created your own, good designs, I'm not implying a clone. GLWGB!

Lmaooooo your novelties? Clicked through your profile and saw your set for the first time. So you are basically saying if you have done a novelty of a car and martini, other people making a novelty based the same real life objects will be copying from you? That is a very over-the-top statement don't you think?

For all of my sets, I enjoy adding personal liking of things to novelties (emoji, pets, cute stuff). If you like doing a set with a very strict, centralized theme, that is also cool. It is purely about preferences.

The first half of your statement: "lack of creativity", "just using my Novelties as a template or inspiration" V.S the second half of your statement: "you also created your own, good designs", "I'm not implying a clone".

I really don't follow the vastly different implications of your comment. You made several accusations in your comment, then try to round it off with "I am not implying it". I don't think that made your comment any less malicious in its nature.

If you only had concerns if the set might have took your inspiration, you would have reach out to me in private instead making a public statement here.

Offline syntx

• I must be dreaming
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 08:16:51 »

Lmaooooo your novelties? Clicked through your profile and saw your set for the first time. So you are basically saying if you have done a novelty of a car and martini, other people making a novelty based the same real life objects will be copying from you? That is a very over-the-top statement don't you think?

For all of my sets, I enjoy adding personal liking of things to novelties (emoji, pets, cute stuff). If you like doing a set with a very strict, centralized theme, that is also cool. It is purely about preferences.

The first half of your statement: "lack of creativity", "just using my Novelties as a template or inspiration" V.S the second half of your statement: "you also created your own, good designs", "I'm not implying a clone".

I really don't follow the vastly different implications of your comment. You made several accusations in your comment, then try to round it off with "I am not implying it". I don't think that made your comment any less malicious in its nature.

If you only had concerns if the set might have took your inspiration, you would have reach out to me in private instead making a public statement here.

You are taking things out of context, I never said it was a copy and no one can have the same ideas,  that’s just bs.
What I wanted to express is that I find it strange that you have a watch, tie, Aston Martin DB5 (not "any car") and Martini as novelty designs and then mixed that with things like cats without a clear theme. It looked to me like you took all of my ideas and implemented them yourself and then threw in something else. And this is what i mean with the lack of creativity.

I was frustrated that I didn't hear about it and wasn't contacted (especially since I've been waiting a year for the GB) and I was NOT frustrated that someone had the same idea as me and made similar designs. I am not owning any of these objects. I have probably expressed myself incorrectly.

I wanted to clarify that and understood that you had no such intentions and that you enjoy adding personal things, so I consider it as a case closed. But why should I seek private contact when the set is already in the GB? That would have been desirable before.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 04:54:54 »
Show Image

Color samples are here! I would say they came out very very close to what I have imagined on my kitting renders. I also have tweaked a few of the board renders to look closer to the color samples

Is this indicative of the final legend quality? If so I have to say it leaves a lot to be desired. I love the colours in the set and would buy, but not if it's going to look like this. (yes I am aware that zooming in on dye-sub is a little unforgiving, but these are extremely fuzzy)

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 09:38:09 »
Show Image

Color samples are here! I would say they came out very very close to what I have imagined on my kitting renders. I also have tweaked a few of the board renders to look closer to the color samples

Is this indicative of the final legend quality? If so I have to say it leaves a lot to be desired. I love the colours in the set and would buy, but not if it's going to look like this. (yes I am aware that zooming in on dye-sub is a little unforgiving, but these are extremely fuzzy)

Nope, you could check out the legend quality on MW sets on a lot of buyer photos and videos. A lot of the time they just randomly print something on the color samples to show the legend color without fine tuning it.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 19:11:58 »

Revised 1 Sept 2022
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 September 2022, 21:51:13 by dvorcol »