Author Topic: International Chopin Competition.  (Read 2582 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
International Chopin Competition.
« on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 08:06:04 »
It's happen'n right now.

Great players.

They're using a Yamaha CFX, arguably the best production piano.

SEems they also have a Steinway which they move in and out due to player preference.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: International Chopin Competition.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 13:04:33 »
Chopin nocturnes have been some of of my favorite background musics for serious work concentration for many years.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 20:06:03 »
Lololol, the people in the youtube live chat are absolutely VICIOUS.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 21:43:37 »
I prefer my Instruments the same way I like my women.

On the holodeck.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 21:54:11 »
I prefer my Instruments the same way I like my women.

On the holodeck.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 09:57:43 »
It bothers Tp4 than Glenn Gould thought chopin (romantic era) was trashy music (paraphrasing).

Tp4 totally understands where he's coming from, it's really the same thing as saying, well women might be prettier with cosmetic surgery but they lack the DNA and the Evolutionary benchmark to justify that perceived beauty.  Therefore beauty attained in such a vapid manner is Vanity and not true refinement.

So as applied to classical music, moving into the romantic era, it was all flash, and nothing new actually happened; as far as Gould was concerned the Standard has been set and never exceeded. Put more concisely the crisis of tonal music from the perspective of Gould began occurring much earlier even before all the fluff the lizst/chopin crew wrote up.

On the other hand, everyone operates at their personal intellectual limit. We accept that Gould was musically wider and more perceptive, but he is not without blind spots.   The limits to perception is ever a moving target, if given expanded memory and processing, the ability for convolution and appreciation can be increased to any arbitrarily large quantization. A point could occur where nothing any single man thought of is of any gravity next to the providence of a more omniscient intelligence.

So, is this Gould lean Tp's own blind spot, as he searches for an equally vain justification to placate the vanity he perceives in others?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 12:37:38 »
Music is like food.

What is a person's favorite food? is an absurd concept. My desires and cravings range all over the map.

I just ate a perfectly ripe peach and it was absolutely exquisite, it could not have been better, but could I make an argument that the peach is the "perfect food" or the "best food in the world"? Of course not. A wide variety is best.

So with music, sometimes I want to focus the entirety of my attention on something complex and demanding, that really makes me think and work to understand it, but at other times I want something soothing in the background that does not demand my attention or challenge me. Of course, there are entire styles and genres of music that I neither like nor respect, and I basically don't listen to them at all.

Perhaps the most poignant example is that while some of my most breathtaking experiences in music have been during concerts of (what some people might describe as unbearably extreme and dissonant) avant-garde jazz and experimental music, that is not what I would want to listen to constantly, or even often.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 16:26:36 »
This one's pretty fast.. impressive because it's so clean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjqB_SPWBI&t=8621s

EVA GEVORGYAN (Rosja, Armenia / Russia, Armenia)

Etiuda cis-moll op. 10 nr 4  /  Etude in C sharp minor, Op. 10 No. 4 (02:23:41)

Offline Olumin

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 01:46:37 »
Due to my autism, I am essentially unable to interpret music or art to any extend, it holds no "meaning" to me. A painting, sculpture or composition might be intellectually challenging or emotionally meaningful to some, to me, it is plainly a painting, a sculpture or music.

As a result, complex or "thought provoking" pieces of art and music have no emotional effect on me. To me music either sounds good or it doesn’t, without me being fully able to explain why that it. I tend to appreciate realistic and grounded works of art more so than abstract or "modern" pieces, as abstract/modern art often makes no sense to me. For a similar reason I tend to often prefer listening to compositions from the romantic era rather then true "classical" music.

I might not be able to appreciate art in the same way many others can, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it. Just thought that might be interesting to some here. Perhaps this also gives a little more background in regards to my choice of profile picture.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 13:57:12 »

I might not be able to appreciate art in the same way many others can, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it.

How about food? Would you respond to that perfectly ripe peachy the same way if it were the day before, or the day after?

Offline Olumin

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 22:32:59 »

I might not be able to appreciate art in the same way many others can, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it.

How about food? Would you respond to that perfectly ripe peachy the same way if it were the day before, or the day after?

I have food cravings like anyone else from time to time, but not very frequently. I cant remember the last time I really craved a specific food. Even so it makes no difference to how it tastes to me.  For example now its 5AM in Germany, a time where I really wouldn't want to eat chocolate ice cream, but if I were to eat it now it would taste just as good to me as it did yesterday afternoon with 28° outside.

If that makes any sense.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 July 2021, 22:39:40 by Olumin »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 21:23:59 »
OMG.. this is impossiburu...  This lvl of control.. tp nearly had a heart atk,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtxURgfaKpg&t=2882s

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 21:39:07 »
They aren't human.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 21:44:31 »
They aren't human.

This Yifan Hou guy,  you hear it,  and you don't believe it.  How is he playing That fast, THAT SOFTLY. 

Tp4 doesn't own a Steinway D,  but, even then...