Author Topic: [IC]ePBT Simple Hangul - A simple colorway set - GB Live - waiting for GB page  (Read 26625 times)

Offline Adelscott

Re: [IC]ePBT Simple Hangul - A simple colorway set - kitting changes made
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 03:59:16 »
Please allow us minorities to «struggle» with localized kits. For some it's the necessary, and sufficient here, condition to enter the GB and buy a bunch of kits.
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline honoka

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 04:04:44 »
Please allow us minorities to «struggle» with localized kits. For some it's the necessary, and sufficient here, condition to enter the GB and buy a bunch of kits.
Agree. Norde kits are  popular for epbt sets because of no moq. They do boost sales. I got example only buy in if they are available

Offline Swishy

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 11:48:21 »
im sorry i cant take you seriously with that profile pic.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 11:57:39 »
To speak on norde coverage, currently i am limiting this set to 10 kits
Reasons
- the US vendor will be some what new ( they have sold a product before and have fulfilled GBs, but I rather make it easier than harder)

- I know norde would be possible but the only real important coverage for this set is hangul given its in the name and from my research on localization they dont really have iso other than what is covered.

- ISO doesnt really fit hangul and would be messy and before i hear but you have latin alphas, yes i did include because i knew if i didnt people would complain, kind of picking the the lesser of two evils

- Lastly i give physical coverage

Now if enough EU/ISO lovers come out and request i will take the time and try to make a kit and do the proper research, but until the other thing i have thought of is add the most requested type of ISO to latin alphas (and french ISO has a very very very very far lead relative) so given this. Its now on you

Thank you for your time
Swishy

Edit: another point people keep saying i have too many kits, which in my opinion means no need to add more.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2021, 12:13:54 by Swishy »

Offline Adelscott

im sorry i cant take you seriously with that profile pic.
ROFL
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline vi0till

I like the red alpha in 40's accent kit, but I wish the red alpha can be included in the alternative alpha kit.

Offline Swishy

I like the red alpha in 40's accent kit, but I wish the red alpha can be included in the alternative alpha kit.
tested this a long ago, I have to say I dont think people will like this.

Offline noodleman

set looks great.  Can you add R4 PgDn and R4 End in the numpad kit to support 1800 layouts?

it maybe worth while to add in F5-F8 in the extra alphas kits if the intention is to use them with mods from other sets.

Offline vi0till

I think I refer to row 3 red alpha offered in the 40's kit.

Show Image

Offline Swishy

I think I refer to row 3 red alpha offered in the 40's kit.

Show Image
so you want a red Q row... like specifically...I am gonna have to think really hard on this one.

Offline vi0till

Yeah, its great if I can have that as an option. GLWIC

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
I would appreciate UK ISO added to the base kit, failing that a separate kit would also work.  The colourway of your set is beautiful and I would really like to be able to use it on a daily driver ISO board.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Swishy

I would appreciate UK ISO added to the base kit, failing that a separate kit would also work.  The colourway of your set is beautiful and I would really like to be able to use it on a daily driver ISO board.
   Currently doesnt seem to be the case. I don’t see many people asking for iso out of the majority. There are about 10 and within that 10, 3 different iso systems requested. What I am currently thinking of doing is running an extension run later, because as of right now, to cover for the main color way it wouldn’t be so hard, but then I would have to make sure to cover for all different colors for alphas minus mono hangul. Which I was thinking about doing these past two nights, but there are 3 alpha variations and about 42 keys (using yorkchan’s approach) which is 126 keys. I am not opposed to doing that route, but it would just be complicated given the limits I really want to follow.
   Another issue is that I am afraid for falling for the give a mouse a cookie effect where I give you one thing and then another group comes and complains. Covering something like 40s was easy enough to do because I could go to one place and get all the help I needed from a larger portion of their community, but with ISO there is no real ISO server(if there is please send me an invite and i will talk it out there) where I can go to discuss the best way to approach my problem. Lastly, given that Hangul layout don’t really use ISO, I don’t think its right to brute force something that isn’t common. It may make sense to you but I chose Hangul specifically for it clean aesthetic when match with Latin characters. But I also realized there has to be some give and take with designing and using something, but just because you want something doesn’t mean that it has to cover your layout you have to be willing to give and take as well.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 July 2021, 19:20:50 by Swishy »

Offline RoyalOak88

I think you're missing F13 on accent kit.

Offline Swishy

I think you're missing F13 on accent kit.
hadnt update the kit yet,

Pricing and vendors are here!!!!

Offline honoka

not at all interesting to have a possible future extension run. it's not enough for me to buy in today if I just might get what I need later. especially with current lead times.
in terms of iso/norde support, there are multiple precious kits from epbt that all have had input from the community and that has satisfied the majority of people.

if you feel you have too many kits, I would  euthanize the 40s accent kit in favor for norde. I'm a user of both but that would be my order of priority.

Offline Ciantha

Swishy you are amazing for this affordable enabling of my torrid love affair with beige.

Offline Swishy

Swishy you are amazing for this affordable enabling of my torrid love affair with beige.
May the price be ever in your favor!!!

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC]ePBT Simple Hangul - A simple colorway set - GB Sept 1st
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 10:51:08 »
GB start date confirmed Sept 1st

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:11:48 »
So is there two 1.25 tabs in the 40s kit for real? If so this just became extra amazing.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:28:58 »
So is there two 1.25 tabs in the 40s kit for real? If so this just became extra amazing.
everything you see is quoted for

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 13:16:03 »

So now I'm definitely in for two alphas. This is a supremely well kitted set.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 21:29:57 »

So now I'm definitely in for two alphas. This is a supremely well kitted set.
:D I try

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 05:24:09 »
Sorry to come back to this, but as it does not figure in the OP did you end up adding the red 1u pipe key to the accent kit (split backspace)?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 08:54:43 »
Sorry to come back to this, but as it does not figure in the OP did you end up adding the red 1u pipe key to the accent kit (split backspace)?
good catch will add now pricing won’t change though

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 11:46:17 »
good catch will add now pricing won’t change though

Awesome! Thanks : )

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:55:45 »
Come back to check this thread. With so many Alpha kits, it would be great if we could have all mod kit. So we don't have to buy 3-4 base kits if we want to use different alpha.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 22:24:35 »
Come back to check this thread. With so many Alpha kits, it would be great if we could have all mod kit. So we don't have to buy 3-4 base kits if we want to use different alpha.
not a bad idea but I dont wanna do that then basically lie to the ISO people although I believe that kit would be more worth it. But small tip if you buy the base, 40s kits, spacebars, accent, and what ever alphas you want you can pretty much cover 2-3 boards, meaning you should need to buy 3-4 base kits. All those kits come out to be 165+ 25A < 90B
A= alphas kits assuming you dont buy over 4 alpha kits
B= base kit in your case you said 3-4
So for you, you were either willing to pay 270 or 360 plus the cost of the alphas kits, which you can get all 4 alphas can still cover 4 boards and use all the different alphas if you go my route and save 5 dollars because it would at max getting all the alphas cost 265
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 August 2021, 22:37:29 by Swishy »

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 01:32:06 »
not a bad idea but I dont wanna do that then basically lie to the ISO people although I believe that kit would be more worth it. But small tip if you buy the base, 40s kits, spacebars, accent, and what ever alphas you want you can pretty much cover 2-3 boards, meaning you should need to buy 3-4 base kits. All those kits come out to be 165+ 25A < 90B
So for you, you were either willing to pay 270 or 360 plus the cost of the alphas kits, which you can get all 4 alphas can still cover 4 boards and use all the different alphas if you go my route and save 5 dollars because it would at max getting all the alphas cost 265

Sound like a plan, thanks for the head up!

Offline Swishy

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 22:31:09 »

Sound like a plan, thanks for the head up!

Glad i was able to help!

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 00:43:28 »
Great set. Any chance of an Oceanic vendor?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 09:33:56 »
Great set. Any chance of an Oceanic vendor?
yes, there will be one Customkbd.com.au

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 16:39:34 »
Oh beauty, love their stuff!

Thanks Swishy.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 20:46:05 »
Oh beauty, love their stuff!

Thanks Swishy.
glad to hear

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 16:39:28 »
So no red 1u \ accent key???

Offline Swishy

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 08:47:35 »
So no red 1u \ accent key???
updating the images as we speak got busy with school

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 09:00:27 »
I understand that this is probably already late, but it is not possible to add F Macro keys to the Accent Kit (like you have on 40's accent kit)?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 00:04:29 »
I understand that this is probably already late, but it is not possible to add F Macro keys to the Accent Kit (like you have on 40's accent kit)?
unfortunately it is too late might be able to add post, will ask KBDFans
GB has officially opened on Rocket Keyboards

Offline windlabs

looks awesome

Offline made in China

excellent work

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 03:12:38 »

in the off chance that you're able to add this, would that change the price?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 06:48:38 »

in the off chance that you're able to add this, would that change the price?
Only the cost not the price

Offline munda

• Formerly kcao
Set looks really good so far! Will the choice between L9 and CP be made prior to the groupbuy ending? Rooting for L9 and will 100% be onboard if it gets confirmed :thumb:

Offline Swishy

Set looks really good so far! Will the choice between L9 and CP be made prior to the groupbuy ending? Rooting for L9 and will 100% be onboard if it gets confirmed :thumb:
its confirmed L9

Offline pillowman

Very clean