Author Topic: [IC] Custom high-profile TINA 60% case for YAS62 kit (Closed)  (Read 13524 times)

Offline menuhin

Executive summary:
This is an interest check for customized TINA 60% case (by KBDfans.cn) for YAS62 keyboard kit (priced at $85).
KBDfans.cn offers us a customized TINA 60% tray-mounted keyboard case kit, with 0.75u blockers for YAS62 in $85.
[You can jump to the link at the bottom of this post]

Deadline: August 7th (Closed).

I myself joint the exciting YAS62 group-buy (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87511.0;topicseen), and have been looking for a case option that may fit this unique layout since then.

There are not too many offers for high-profile keyboard case with blockers at the corners, and then I notice the latest offer of KBDfans.cn - the TINA 60%.
The link for original TINA 60% keyboard kit with 3 options:
https://kbdfans.cn/collections/keyboard/products/tina-keyboard-60

Currently, this kit is the only keyboard case kit in the market that offers blockers at the corners in a high profile setting. Other keyboard cases, such as Duck Viper case and FJELL case are only offered once in a while in a very limited number and usually in just the 7u spacebar HHKB-ish setting with 1.5u blockers at both corners.

The YAS62 keyboard kit needs a case with 0.75u blockers at both lower corners, if we do not want to tolerate the two 0.75u empty spaces. I am not sure if any of the above HHKB-ish case makers will entertain us, because it seems that they already do not have enough time and energy to entertain their usual followers.

In my opinion, the TINA 60% looks very decent for its listed price.

Upon contacting KBDfans.cn, Wei from KBDfans.cn is very kind to offer us, those who joint the YAS62 group-buy, a custom-made TINA 60% case with a tailor-made 0.75u blockers top-piece. The keyboard case kit will support PCB under-glow and they will offer us 3 color options: black, silver, and grey.

Renders of TINA-YAS62:

Front view of TINA-YAS62

Back view of TINA-YAS62

Top view of TINA-YAS62

Pricing: $85 (USD) before shipping cost and before PayPal fee
What is even more kind of Wei is that it will be offered to us at a price of only 85 USD (vs 119 USD case-only free shipping listed on their website). The price 85 USD for us is a case-only price (i.e. without their PCB and plate) before shipping and PayPal fee.

This is probably a one-time-only production run, and the $85 (USD) special offer is limited to those who filled in the form for the purchase of TINA-YAS62 case(s).

Please fill in the form to show KDBfans.cn that there are enough people to create the customized case for YAS62.

Link to the Interest-Check form:
https://goo.gl/forms/OPNQhHY0fMfzycZF2

Deadline: August 7th (Closed).
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 05:52:07 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Definitely in for a few!

Love the yas62 layout and desperately need a good case once I get the pcbs!

85 is also an amazing price for this.
Should be able to hit 20moq ez.

Offline cynviloq

Yes - definitely in for this.

Are there real life pictures of the blockers? Not necessarily the 0.75u but any of them?
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:33:33 by cynviloq »

Offline Asbrodeus

I regret ordering just one pcb. In for this for sure.

Offline DuFF

same...
ill just order 2 cases and hope that here will be a round 2.
the price is just too good.

if i am going to order 2 cases and want different colors for them, for example silver and black, there is no option is the IC form.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious

same...
ill just order 2 cases and hope that here will be a round 2.
the price is just too good.

if i am going to order 2 cases and want different colors for them, for example silver and black, there is no option is the IC form.

Had the same issue with IC Form.

I just selected 'I'll email them manually' since it wasn't possible to choose different colors.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 09:30:12 by FoC_Tow »

Offline ozan6661

really interest with this case for yas62, so didnt need moq to create this case or have moq ? i think TINA is the one affordable 60% case with underglow support

Offline menuhin

really interest with this case for yas62, so didnt need moq to create this case or have moq ? i think TINA is the one affordable 60% case with underglow support

Right, no stated MOQ, but I told KBDfans.cn that 70+ who joined this Group-buy must be looking for a custom case (or that they have to create one themselves, or that they will have to bear with the 0.75u holes in a normal case).
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline ChitownM2

Definitely interested in this. I already bought a low profile case to use for one of my Yas boards, but want one of these for the other.

Is there any chance that we can get a standard Tina B as part of this as well? I'd like to get a case to use with my Banana Split board that will be shipping out soon. So 1 custom for the Yas and another regular Tina B for the banana? Would KBD be able to do this since I'm just asking to purchase a second case that is part of their normal stock?

Offline menuhin

Definitely interested in this. I already bought a low profile case to use for one of my Yas boards, but want one of these for the other.

Is there any chance that we can get a standard Tina B as part of this as well? I'd like to get a case to use with my Banana Split board that will be shipping out soon. So 1 custom for the Yas and another regular Tina B for the banana? Would KBD be able to do this since I'm just asking to purchase a second case that is part of their normal stock?

I have added a section for you and others to write additional requests to KBDfans.cn.

So please fill in the form.

I said there is no stated MOQ (minimal order quantity) but I will feel better if the number entered the form is > 20 on August 7th.
So everyone interested please fill in the form, it is not obligatory to buy even after filling in the form, but it will let KBDfans.cn be able to know the members who joined YAS62 and are interested.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Will all three options be available, might want to pick one up for a future bananasplit build :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Also if you are considering future colors, a purple or pink would be killer for the upcoming laser drop. As well as a case color to match nautilus.  :thumb:

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
Should be able hit moq easily.
I will try to catch up YAS62 indonesian buyer who not join GH  ;)

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

Form filled  :thumb:

Offline Che.R.Ry

• geeks
I dont have paypal email, sooo what should i write on the form? (I pay directly to the thread starter for the yas62 before since we're on the same country)

Definitely in for this!

Offline DasGnome

I need this so bad.

Offline menuhin

I dont have paypal email, sooo what should i write on the form? (I pay directly to the thread starter for the yas62 before since we're on the same country)

Definitely in for this!

You should ask a friend in the same country (Indonesia? USA?) who has PayPal to handle it for you, and on the form for the PayPal e-mail, you should fill in your friend's PayPal e-mail address.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader

Definitely in for this!
I will handle payment for indonesian who doesn't have paypal
check your pm i send you my paypal address :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Che.R.Ry

• geeks

Definitely in for this!

You should ask a friend in the same country (Indonesia? USA?) who has PayPal to handle it for you, and on the form for the PayPal e-mail, you should fill in your friend's PayPal e-mail address.

Done filling the form, time to prepare my wallet lol :p

Definitely in for this!
I will handle payment for indonesian who doesn't have paypal
check your pm i send you my paypal address :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your help! ;D

Offline JasonH

time to wait for the case now too!

Offline ChitownM2

Filled out the form, hopefully they can do a standard Tina-B along with the custom Tina-Yas in the same order.

Offline ChitownM2

Any updates on this? How many people have signed up?

Offline menuhin

We have 'enough' people to make this happen.
Will wrap up the form at the end of next week.

It's exciting to have this case for YAS62! :D
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
We have 'enough' people to make this happen.
Will wrap up the form at the end of next week.

It's exciting to have this case for YAS62! :D

Will all the variants be offered?

Offline ozan6661

how much time production for yas62 case ?

Offline menuhin

Just to remind all those in YAS62 GB and are interested to have this custom-made version of TINA 60% keyboard case,

the last chance to fill in the form is this coming weekend.

Have a nice weekend all of us!
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
So we need to already have ordered a YAS62? Or are the pcb still for sale too?

Offline menuhin

Group buy for the YAS62 kit has been over for some time, it may have a round 2 in the future with some other changes.
This case is a custom-case offered by KBDfans, which will fit the exact blocker specifications of the YAS62 kit.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

Group buy for the YAS62 kit has been over for some time, it may have a round 2 in the future with some other changes.
This case is a custom-case offered by KBDfans, which will fit the exact blocker specifications of the YAS62 kit.

So to be clear, even if I like the case and would consider buying it, it is only for people who already have the YAS62? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

You can buy the case, but this is an order for the specialized version of custom-made TINA 60% case for the YAS62 kit.
A few people who filled in the form does want more cases, but I do not know if such orders may can through on top of their TINA-YAS62 order.

So to be clear, even if I like the case and would consider buying it, it is only for people who already have the YAS62? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
can we have a doc to make sure if we signed up? kind of nervous because I can't remember if I signed up a week ago or so  :p

Offline menuhin

can we have a doc to make sure if we signed up? kind of nervous because I can't remember if I signed up a week ago or so  :p

I just checked, you have signed up.  :thumb:
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline DasGnome

Can you make sure I signed up? I'm doubting my memory here.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
can u change my color from grey to black..just remember i got toxic keycaps

Offline menuhin

Can you make sure I signed up? I'm doubting my memory here.

You signed up  :thumb:
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline menuhin

can u change my color from grey to black..just remember i got toxic keycaps

Will do!
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline menuhin

Only Foc_Tow signed up more than 1 times, I will replace the really old entry with his latest one - which specified the colors of the cases more clearly.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline AuthenticDanger

So people not in the YAS62 GB can't get one of these cases?
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline menuhin

So people not in the YAS62 GB can't get one of these cases?

You can try, but you are going to get at least one YAS62 layout TINA case if you join this special production.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Only Foc_Tow signed up more than 1 times, I will replace the really old entry with his latest one - which specified the colors of the cases more clearly.

Perfect, thanks =)

The old one was from before it was possible to specify multiple colors.

What is the plan moving forward btw, will we be invoiced directly by the vendor?

Offline menuhin

Perfect, thanks =)

The old one was from before it was possible to specify multiple colors.

What is the plan moving forward btw, will we be invoiced directly by the vendor?

Yes, the vendor will send us invoice directly.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline JDragon

Am I too late? I just filled out the form after getting a lead on taking over a YAS62 spot.

Offline menuhin

Am I too late? I just filled out the form after getting a lead on taking over a YAS62 spot.

You were just on time to become the last one that hopped onto this custom-made TINA-YAS62 case.
The vendor will be sending out invoices.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT