Author Topic: [IC] Choice65- $120+, Full CNC case, Consistent typing experience, Preorder Open  (Read 16482 times)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers

CHOICE65
Designed by Cyberbay Studio

Intro

Greetings to all keyboard enthusiasts!

We are thrilled to announce the launch of the latest creation of our newly established Cyberbay studio - the Choice65, the first keyboard in our much-awaited Choice series. After months of dedicated hard work and tireless efforts, we are ecstatic to finally present this keyboard to you all.

We understand that not everyone can afford to splurge on high-end keyboards, and that's why we have planned to introduce more budget-friendly options in our Choice series. Our ultimate goal is to make custom keyboards accessible and affordable to those who wish to delve into the world of custom keyboards and bring entry-level customization kits to the market that are on par with mass-produced keyboards, without compromising on quality.

Now, without further ado, let's take a closer look at the Choice65!!! ;)

Prototype
White(E-coat)+Copper(Anodized)

Designs

Appearance
From the beginning, we wanted to create a simple and elegant keyboard with a good typing experience. By constantly adjusting the aspect ratio of the overall shape and the thickness of the frame, it was finally determined:The left and right frames are slightly thinner than the top and bottom frames, and the corners of the four sides are R2 fillet, making the turning point appear softer. The bottom weight consists of a large area of PVD stainless steel and a diamond-shaped transparent e-coat brass badge.

Comfortable feel of case
A low price for us doesn't mean we compromise on materials or workmanship. Relying on a strong supply chain, we still use 100% Full CNC 6063 aluminum, and adopt our last well-received DolphinS75 case coating process, which can definitely let you experience a silky smooth touch feel !

Consistent typing experience
We did not use the plate gasket mount. Instead, the poron pad between PCB and plate is used to replace the existing bottom case gaskets by extending and lengthening. Meanwhile, a 2mm plate poron pad is added on the plate to replace the top case gaskets. Therefore, the force point is evenly distributed, it can obtain a very consistent typing experience. At the same time, this mount can greatly reduce the cumbersome process of assembly.

5 Case Colors To Choose
We will choose 4-5 kinds of colors according to your feedback.

2 Anodized case colors
Forest Green

Royal Blue

3 Combo Case Colors
White(E-coat)+Copper(Anodized)

Pink(Anodized)+White(E-coat)

Wine Red (Anodized)+Black (Anodized)

PCB Features
-Black core
- 1.2mm thickness
- Hotswap PCB (ANSI)
- With daughterboard
- Support VIA
- Support stepped caps lock
- Support 6.25u, 7u spacebar

Hotswap PCB

Add On
Hotswap PCB
Foam Kit
Anodized Silver Alu Plate

Specification
Case material: 100% Full CNC 6063 aluminum
Case coating process: Anodizing, Electrophoresis
Mount: Gasket mount
Typing angle: About 7°
Front height: 19.8 mm
Size: 314.15 * 110.1 mm
Weight: About 1.2kg (excluding switches and keycaps), 1.4kg (including switches and keycaps)
Support Plate: PC(default), Alu(all plates only support ANSI layout)
Layout: 65%

Explosion Diagram

GB Information
GB Price: From 120USD
GB Time: July 2023
Sale Type: Prestock
Limit Units: 700
Estimated Delivery Time: About 15 days after the GB ends

Vendor
Vendor GB time: July 12th - August 10th, 2023
CA: Deskhero
EU: KEYGEM
UK: Mechboards
KR: Monstargear
JP:  Yushakobo
SG: KTECHS
MY: Rebultkeyboard
TH: NTCH Keys
ID: Kukey studio
VN: The Keebs Store
PH: Zionstudios
AU: CLS TECH
US and the rest of the world: Velocifire
The GB time for US and the rest of the world: July 26th - August 10th

Content Creator

E-white+Copper
Edwardtanujayaa

Please stay tuned!  :D

Epilogue
Choice65 is the perfect blend of form and functionality, boasting a sleek and minimalist design that is sure to turn heads. Its 65% layout makes it compact and easy to carry around.
In conclusion, we are confident that the Choice65 will exceed your expectations and provide you with an unparalleled typing experience. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed creating it.
Thank you so much for your time and support. We look forward to bringing you more exciting products in the future!

Welcome to check the Product Page to subscribe this keyboard! We will inform you via email when the GB start.  :D

Welcome to join our Discord for more discussion, latest update and questions! :)

Welcome to fill in the IC Form if you are interested in the Choice65.;)

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2023, 21:16:17 by john08099 »
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline stewfayew

When will it end

Offline aicyborg

A few details are missing: What is the PCB's thickness, and will it have flex cuts? Similarly will the plates have flex cuts, and will they be universal or ANSI/ISO specific?

I also think it's quite bold and possibly a little unwise to not run any neutral or "safe bet" colours like black or silver.

A board like this, Join65, just ran in GB but I opted not to participate on the basis it didn't impress me. This is a little bit more interesting (especially if you can hit $120).

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
When will it end
Hi, it will end on 31st July.  :)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
A few details are missing: What is the PCB's thickness, and will it have flex cuts? Similarly will the plates have flex cuts, and will they be universal or ANSI/ISO specific?

I also think it's quite bold and possibly a little unwise to not run any neutral or "safe bet" colours like black or silver.

A board like this, Join65, just ran in GB but I opted not to participate on the basis it didn't impress me. This is a little bit more interesting (especially if you can hit $120).
Thank you for reminding us, the thickness of the pcb is 1.2mm, and it possibly will not have flex cuts according to the feedback from the IC form.The hotswap pcb supports ANSI, and the solder pcb supports ISO & ANSI.  :)

Offline alper_maestro

Is it only me or are the pictures broken?

nevermind: it's my browser :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2023, 07:48:27 by alper_maestro »

Offline yuzuu_

Insta-buy if you're able to keep this price point, but I agree with the other comment about not going with more generic colours like black/silver. Any chance to make any of those an option?

Offline aicyborg

Thank you for reminding us, the thickness of the pcb is 1.2mm, and it possibly will not have flex cuts according to the feedback from the IC form.The hotswap pcb supports ANSI, and the solder pcb supports ISO & ANSI.  :)

You've misunderstood a part of my question (but thank you for answering the rest). Will the plates support both ANSI and ISO? It is sometimes the case that the plates only support ANSI and then ISO users have to scramble to find alternatives. If you're using universal plates, ace.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Insta-buy if you're able to keep this price point, but I agree with the other comment about not going with more generic colours like black/silver. Any chance to make any of those an option?
We will consider that, thank you for your feedback! :thumb:

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor

You've misunderstood a part of my question (but thank you for answering the rest). Will the plates support both ANSI and ISO? It is sometimes the case that the plates only support ANSI and then ISO users have to scramble to find alternatives. If you're using universal plates, ace.
Hi, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the plates support both ANSI and ISO!  :D

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Hi everyone, there are some changes on the keyboard:
1. The Solder PCB option is canceled.
2. All plates only support ANSI layout.
3. PCB only support VIA
4. According to the feedback, there are a lot of people want us to add a pink option, so finally we added a new color option Pink+E-white.
5. Default plate is not FR4 plate but PC plate.

We are so sorry about the changes of PCB and we will try our best to improve our PCB in the future projects.

Offline marcin_nyga

i like this weight

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
i like this weight
Thank you so much for liking it!

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Hello guys, we updated the content creators and vendors in the post. We will keep updating the reviews in the future, please stay tuned!
For vendors, the GB time is July 12th-August 10th. But for US and the other areas, the GB time is July 26th-August 10th.

Offline ppatches24

Very excited to see the green color in real life before making the decision to buy. The MKC75 green was so promising from the renders but then the real life color was nothing like the renders. Im hoping that this board is different. I really want a PCB green color.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Very excited to see the green color in real life before making the decision to buy. The MKC75 green was so promising from the renders but then the real life color was nothing like the renders. Im hoping that this board is different. I really want a PCB green color.
Thank you for being interested in Choice65, we will update the IRL photos of green one here asap!  :D

Offline ToFuMaNiA

Very clean