Author Topic: [ALL SHIPPED] Riddler's Question Mark (?) Double Shot Keycap Group Buy  (Read 102674 times)

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
[ALL SHIPPED] Riddler's Question Mark (?) Double Shot Keycap Group Buy
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 12:22:44 »
Quote from: Hzza;497597
Would I be able to get in on that? I'm in the UK too.

PM Mackem
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Gus.s

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 16:53:02 »
put me in for 2 of each. will pm you later.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 23:18:05 »
Theres a bunch of orders I didn't update yet, so don't worry. If you're ever wondering if I missed you or not, check the 2nd post for updates there will be a time stamp at the top of that post of when my last update was :)
Keyboardless

Offline bastii

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 08:31:02 »
4 of each :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 09:08:26 »
PM sent
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 11:32:05 »
Did this GB hit the $.51 per yet?
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 10:09:31 »
I stopped being lazy and updated the OP with the new total and all the new participants
Keyboardless

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 11:27:51 »
10 of each key
Bubble mailer but if that many needs priority that's fine.  

WOOT!
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 15:55:09 »
If we can reach 400pcs/each before the deadline I'm sure we'll hit the 0.51 price tier :-)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 18:46:50 »
PM sent.

2 of each.

Offline Intense

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 19:17:14 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;499932
If we can reach 400pcs/each before the deadline I'm sure we'll hit the 0.51 price tier :-)

how

is it 500 total or 500 of each kind
Ergodox EZ w/Zilent V2s | WIP Dactyl Manuform 5x7 w/Holy Pandas

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 21:57:04 »
Each key
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline epicsilas

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 22:41:47 »
Green_Ridder - x2
Black_Riddler - x2
PM incoming.

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
  • www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 00:29:16 »
Been so busy i didn't have time to check the thread~ I think the op should be changed.. i feel its still misleading.

"*As a Christmas present to everyone jil_jil32 the original person with this idea, will be buying up to 250 keys for each color. Meaning we are starting at the $0.71 / each pricing, to encourage more buyers :)"

It sounds like jil_jil already put in his order when he hasn't yet. We didn't start at the $0.71 tier but the base tier. jil_jil no longer has that commitment of purchasing any amount to start us off at the $0.71 tier because we purchased enough, thinking that jil_jil already placed an order of 250. I myself thought we started at the $0.71 price tier so i ordered more on that fact.

Not bashing on anyone but i was just hoping the op could be changed because i feel its very misleading the way it is. I don't want to change my order, but i was just hoping to clarify it for other buyers.

Edit: I apologize if this sounds offending. I really am not trying to offend anyone here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2012, 00:39:56 by nokcha »

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 00:38:36 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;499932
Quote from: Intense;500123
how

is it 500 total or 500 of each kind

he is probably hinting that he will buy up 100 of each keys once we reach 400 pcs without him.:eyebrows:
Ducky Shine DK 9008S Red LED |Rosewill RK-9000BR

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 01:31:45 »
Quote from: nokcha;500349
Been so busy i didn't have time to check the thread~ I think the op should be changed.. i feel its still misleading.

It sounds like jil_jil already put in his order when he hasn't yet. We didn't start at the $0.71 tier but the base tier. jil_jil no longer has that commitment of purchasing any amount to start us off at the $0.71 tier because we purchased enough, thinking that jil_jil already placed an order of 250. I myself thought we started at the $0.71 price tier so i ordered more on that fact.

Not bashing on anyone but i was just hoping the op could be changed because i feel its very misleading the way it is. I don't want to change my order, but i was just hoping to clarify it for other buyers.

Edit: I apologize if this sounds offending. I really am not trying to offend anyone here.

You want clarify what? Can I help you?

I covered the order up to 250/each to get the $0.71 for anybody who's in. Even if only me & an other guy care about it and he wants just 1/each I'll take the rest. I do it because the base idea is mine, the guy who make the sexy designs is cool, and the guy running this GB is awesome, & I think people will like it alot, like me. The 0.71 price tier also could encourage more people join in. Now I look back and see ~60 people share the joy with me and I'm happy, I don't need more.

Now you see the design is sexy, but you complain the price still not good enough for you, cause you want 0.51 instead of 0.71 that I cover it up for you from the begining. And what do you want now? I must cover the order up to 500/each to get the price tier you want? I've tried my best and done my turn. I'm a happy camper now. Why don't you take the responsibility and order 250/each to cover the next price tier for everyone from now on? Every one will be happier and says thank you. You can stop whining about the price, and do something reality to make this happen if you really love the keycap as much as at the moment you posted your first reply in this topic.

Btw 0.71 is not bad at all, and keycap is the funniest thing around here, and you should be happy now, like me. :-)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 01:56:01 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;500377
Btw 0.71 is not bad at all, and keycap is the funniest thing around here, and you should be happy now, like me. :-)
I may order more, even though they're the wrong profile. I'll probably put them on the ten-key or somewhere :p

It'd be funny, cause the keys under it would be a mystery! Who knows what they are? Better yet: put them on my access keyboards.

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:06:29 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;500377
You want clarify what? Can I help you?

I covered the order up to 250/each to get the $0.71 for anybody who's in. Even if only me & an other guy care about it and he wants just 1/each I'll take the rest. I do it because the base idea is mine, the guy who make the sexy designs is cool, and the guy running this GB is awesome, & I think people will like it alot, like me. The 0.71 price tier also could encourage more people join in. Now I look back and see ~60 people share the joy with me and I'm happy, I don't need more.

Now you see the design is sexy, but you complain the price still not good enough for you, cause you want 0.51 instead of 0.71 that I cover it up for you from the begining. And what do you want now? I must cover the order up to 500/each to get the price tier you want? I've tried my best and done my turn. I'm a happy camper now. Why don't you take the responsibility and order 250/each to cover the next price tier for everyone from now on? Every one will be happier and says thank you. You can stop whining about the price, and do something reality to make this happen if you really love the keycap as much as at the moment you posted your first reply in this topic.

You didn't read my entire post at all. I only wanted to state that the op may need to be re-worded so its more clear. I didn't whine about the price. Did you seriously not read the part that said i'm not trying to offend anyone? You didn't even place a order yet. What are you covering?You never ordered 250. Nobody is asking you to order a certain amount. I only wanted the op to be re-worded so it doesn't confuse others like it did to me.

The OP said we're starting at the $0.71 tier. We didn't. That's a fact. You didn't place any orders to prove that. If you say your going to start us at the $0.71 price tier shouldn't it be as stated? Look i appreciate your kind thought but thinking something and doing something are two completely different things.

Again i ask you to point to me where i complained and asked for .51 instead of .71.

I'm not here to argue further -_-. If tsangan doesn't want to re-word it then i'm fine with that. It was simply a suggestion.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:10:52 by nokcha »

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:16:06 »
Quote from: nokcha;500397
The OP said we're starting at the $0.71 tier. We didn't. That's a fact. You didn't place any orders to prove that. If you say your going to start us at the $0.71 price tier shouldn't it be as stated? Look i appreciate your kind thought but thinking something and doing something are two completely different things.

Again i ask you to point to me where i complained and asked for .51 instead of .71.

I'm not here to argue further -_-. If tsangan doesn't want to re-word it then i'm fine with that. It was simply a suggestion.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way here.  We started at the $0.71 in the sense that that's the maximum price that anyone would pay per key.   This keeps an early buyer, for example, who wants 5 of each key to not wind up paying $43.80 for them, since you never know how many people are actually going to go into the group buy when you order.  The number of keys ordered isn't so much making direct progress to the next tier as it is taking some of the assumed burden back from jil_jil32 for doing something that essentially very cool (Putting up to $355 on the line to get the ball rolling).  The community at large obviously responded to the generosity and has ordered more than enough keys to eliminate that burden.

I don't find anything about the OP confusing or inaccurate.

Edit:  As a side note, I think it would be really hilarious to buy like 100 of these things and go around sneaking them onto other peoples' keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:22:29 by Gawkbasher »
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline nokcha

• * Vendor
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:21:48 »
Quote from: Gawkbasher;500403
I think you're looking at it the wrong way here.  We started at the $0.71 in the sense that that's the maximum price that anyone would pay per key.  The number of keys ordered isn't so much making direct progress to the next tier as it is taking some of the assumed burden back from jil_jil32 for doing something that essentially very cool (Putting up to $355 on the line to get the ball rolling).  The community at large obviously responded to the generosity and has ordered more than enough keys to eliminate that burden.

Look guys i had no intention of bashing anyone nor starting arguments -_-;; I was confused by the post so i only suggested maybe it be re-worded to help others. I'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one who thought the op was confusing.

Offline byFd

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 02:53:08 »
updated my order to 10 each from 5 each
White Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless MX Browns
White Noppoo Choc Mini MX Reds
KBC Poker X MX Reds

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:19:20 »
Just to throw in my .71 cents, the OP is perfectly clear.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:28:39 »
I think you're looking at it the wrong way here.  We started at the $0.71 in the sense that that's the maximum price that anyone would pay per key.   This keeps an early buyer, for example, who wants 5 of each key to not wind up paying $43.80 for them, since you never know how many people are actually going to go into the group buy when you order.  The number of keys ordered isn't so much making direct progress to the next tier as it is taking some of the assumed burden back from jil_jil32 for doing something that essentially very cool (Putting up to $355 on the line to get the ball rolling).  The community at large obviously responded to the generosity and has ordered more than enough keys to eliminate that burden.

Edit:  As a side note, I think it would be really hilarious to buy like 100 of these things and go around sneaking them onto other peoples' keyboards.

Super glue them to membrane keyboards if they aren't mechanical. = D

Offline cliffooord

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:31:17 »
3 of each!

Offline Intense

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:34:07 »
Quote from: nokcha;500407
Look guys i had no intention of bashing anyone nor starting arguments -_-;; I was confused by the post so i only suggested maybe it be re-worded to help others. I'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one who thought the op was confusing.

I agree the OP was a bit confusing
Ergodox EZ w/Zilent V2s | WIP Dactyl Manuform 5x7 w/Holy Pandas

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:40:19 »
Quote from: Intense;500525

I agree too, but it was worded correctly = /.

Can we just drop this. Either way you're getting cheap keycaps.

Offline Jigo

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:41:16 »

I can appreciate the fact that you were merely trying to help out other people who may have misunderstood, and that alone is commendable. Don't get me wrong.

But you have to appreciate the inflammatory nature of labeling something "very misleading" in a transaction largely based on trust in those organizing it. I am no veteran here (check the post count :P) but even I found the quote you cited to be rather straightforward in explaining the situation. The wording was "[jil_jil32] will be buying up to 250 keys for each color.", which fairly clearly shows that nothing was done in advance but will in fact guarantee the maximum price per key for each of us would be $0.71/ea.

People are bound to get upset when the language you chose when suggesting the update to the original post sounds like you feel cheated due to a misunderstanding on your end. Again, I understand your intentions were nothing more than benevolent from the start. In the future, just try to think a bit more about the way you're framing the suggestion when posting ;)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 09:30:16 »

Quote from: Intense;500525

Quote from: hazeluff;500532
I agree too, but it was worded correctly = /.

Can we just drop this. Either way you're getting cheap keycaps.
Not sure what happened after I stop checking Geekhack last night but I do apologize for the "misleading" OP, I did not mean to trick anyone into anything.

The OP is meant to say jil_jil32 will cover up to 250 keycaps just so we can get to the 250/pcs pricing, I personally thought it was worded correctly and this is the first time someone has brought this up, I will go on and elaborate some more regarding this.

I made the OP with one thing in mind, short, simple and sweet, straight to the point so it allows everyone to understand without reading too much. Once again I apologize for the confusion I have caused.

Quote from: OP now reads
*As a Christmas present to everyone jil_jil32 the original person with this idea, we will be starting at the $0.71 / each pricing, to encourage more buyers, this DOES NOT mean when we hit 250 keys we jump to the 500 keys tier, this only means we are starting at the 250 keys/$0.71 cents tier
I hope that is better for you guys
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2012, 09:33:00 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 12:36:10 »
Updated the new total, with new people orders and update changes for people that needed to adjust orders.

We're sitting at 273 and 279
Keyboardless

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 13:24:50 »
5 of each s'il vous plaît!
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 13:28:06 »
Mise à jour
Keyboardless

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 13:29:41 »
merci
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline Namkung

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 15:41:34 »
sending PM .. updating my order quantity
* Proud winner of the first GH SC2 tournament *
REALFORCE 87UB 55g
REALFORCE 87UW 45g

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 17:48:39 »
fwiw I misunderstood the OP too.  No biggie though.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 15:09:28 »
That's gotta be the best idea ever! Now I have to go to a LAN and mess with all the people with balckwidows, etc :p

It's good of you to say so. I was hoping you wouldn't be angry about this or the response.
Quote from: alaricljs;500510
Just to throw in my .71 cents, the OP is perfectly clear.
Hah, .71 cents. That's funny. Me, I didn't get the OP, as I didn't know there was an amount. I thought the 250 was a suggestion or something.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 11:23:53 »
OP has been updated
Keyboardless

Offline Still-Scrub

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 02:19:00 »
Just sent a PM for two of each!

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 03:07:45 »
please increase my order to four of each.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline mbc

• -delete-
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 03:51:48 »
Quote from: Ascaii;503029
please increase my order to four of each.

Wanna share shipping ascaii?
If yes I'd take 2 each.

Offline Ovoxo

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 04:12:37 »
Pm sent for 2 each. Thanks!

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 09:22:22 »
Quote from: mbc;503040
Wanna share shipping ascaii?
If yes I'd take 2 each.
PM Ascaii and if everything is good let me know :)
Keyboardless

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 14:17:02 »
Yes, you can ship both orders to me.
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:19:39 »
Green_Riddler (Black on Green) x10
Black_Riddler (Green on Black) x10

Thanks!
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:29:26 »
Requesting increase to

10 each on my order.

Guys we can hit the 500ct easily.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:30:09 »
is jil buying up to 500 if we get to 400?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:38:12 »
Quote from: demik;503883
is jil buying up to 500 if we get to 400?

I'd like him to, but we're actually only like 10-20 keys from getting to the point where buying up to next price break is cheaper than just getting keys at our current price level.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:55:29 »
Yeah jil is getting to 500 if we hit 400
Keyboardless

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:59:44 »
I only count about 26 keys (of each type) over the current totals.
I'd go in for more but I'm already in for 10 of each.  

We are however at the point where if jil was actually planning on buying 100, it's cheaper to buy up and over to 500. (Edit: I think that's what hazeluff was saying anyway, but we're already there.)

Y'all should buy more though anyway and ensure we hit that 400 on our own. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2012, 23:02:35 by Gawkbasher »
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 23:02:58 »
I'm going to PM Jil just to confirm the 100 order
Keyboardless

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 02:35:27 »
Absolutely! If we reach 400/each I'll order up to 100/each to get the 0.51 price tier! >:)