Author Topic: [GB] Massdrop x Zambumon GMK Nautilus Custom Keycap Set  (Read 197824 times)

Offline colbs

Re: [IC] GMK Nautilus
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 07:02:18 »
The github project site and this thread has different kit setups - which ones are correct?

tldr: the project site is the correct one

Zambumon updated the set a few months ago saying a new update results in the base set supporting more 40% builds (he specifically mentions jd40, jd45, and minivan on reddit thread, but I am not familiar enough with those layouts to confirm all the keys are there.  I suggest you take a look at the base set to verify). And the ergodox+planck kit obviously supports the planck.  He posted an update message in this thread, but the original post was not changed in this thread.

see the following:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85336.msg2365553#msg2365553
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85336.msg2365323#msg2365323

Offline cayderayd

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 23:00:11 »
I feel like the novelties are a bit of a missed opportunity. I love the whole aquatic theme of my DSA Royal Navy caps, but this goes a different direction. These aren't bad, and I do like the community theme, but there easily could have been some great whales or something. Still, can't wait for the drop.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 00:12:18 »
I feel like the novelties are a bit of a missed opportunity. I love the whole aquatic theme of my DSA Royal Navy caps, but this goes a different direction. These aren't bad, and I do like the community theme, but there easily could have been some great whales or something. Still, can't wait for the drop.

Those aren't the novelties, he hasn't released the designs yet.

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:04:27 »
Between this, Yuri and S2 Carbons... man my wife is gonna kill me!

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:09:30 »
Same but I'm also tracking Laser, Aero, and Hitchhiker

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 11:13:15 »
Same but I'm also tracking Laser, Aero, and Hitchhiker

Ah crap...there's three more to watch haha

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #306 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 03:01:20 »
Looking forward to that set!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #307 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:23:51 »
All the keys required to populate a HHKB style layout are in the Explorer key, but the R3 1.75U Control key. Shouldn't the Control key be moved to the Explorer kit?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #308 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:28:46 »
All the keys required to populate a HHKB style layout are in the Explorer key, but the R3 1.75U Control key. Shouldn't the Control key be moved to the Explorer kit?

Nah, I'd prefer to use it in place of Caps Lock since I use that key as a function layer.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #309 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:35:27 »

Nah, I'd prefer to use it in place of Caps Lock since I use that key as a function layer.

Does that mean that you just use the Control key Unix Style, but not the other HHKB's keys?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 06:44:03 »

Does that mean that you just use the Control key Unix Style, but not the other HHKB's keys?

I just swap Caps Lock for Control if available (ideally for Function), Caps Lock in 2017 lel

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 07:08:40 »
Updated OP

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #312 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 14:23:08 »
Hey zambumon, you think they will be novelties, if so good **** my man

Offline joelfong

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 19:22:13 »
Updated OP

Hey, will there be a yellow R3 1u for the Ergo/Planck kit? Seems a little odd that yellow 1u in R1, R2 and R4 are included but not R3.

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 21:54:11 »
Now that GMK is willing to make 1u and 2u convex spacebars, will the Ergodox/Planck kit be changed to reflect that?

Offline yohanskee

• * Maker
  • There is no escape from enemy who lives within
    • Alpha Keycaps Instagram
« Reply #315 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 22:17:03 »
Nice combination navy and yellow
TGR 910 CE | Singa R1 | HHKB Pro 2 | IBM Model M

Alpha Keycaps - Making Stuff Thread
Alpha Keycaps - Sale Thread

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #316 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 22:52:01 »
Curious if a 1.25u blue key could be added to the spacebar kit. Now that we're seeing more 2.25/1.25/2.75 double​ split space layouts, I'm really itching to get official compatibility for this.
keyboards.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:27:13 »
Now that GMK is willing to make 1u and 2u convex spacebars, will the Ergodox/Planck kit be changed to reflect that?

I'll have to talk with GMK about it, if the molds are ready by the time Nautilus is produced, sure.

Updated OP

Hey, will there be a yellow R3 1u for the Ergo/Planck kit? Seems a little odd that yellow 1u in R1, R2 and R4 are included but not R3.

Some small changes will be made to both the base kit and the Planck & Ergodox, including the addition of R3 1U yellow keycaps (which where a part of the original Planck kit) and adding a better 75% compatibility.

Hey zambumon, you think they will be novelties, if so good **** my man

I've a dozen of drafts but due to College and other projects I haven't been able to create vectors for them properly. I'll try to add them before the GB launches, but no promises.

Thanks for the overwhelming support you guys have shown so far.

If you haven't done it yet, and want to get notified once the Nautilus goes live, please vote here and get notified!

Offline elfick

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:36:23 »
Zambumon,
If the Yuri Colevrak kit is successful, will you consider adding one to Nautilus?

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:39:21 »
Zambumon,
If the Yuri Colevrak kit is successful, will you consider adding one to Nautilus?

Seconding this too! Will buy it if the Colemak kit is available

Offline elfick

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 10:49:06 »
COLEMAK and DVORAK USERS UNITE!  ;D

I added a poll option for Colevrak support to the massdrop poll so get out there and vote!

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Nautilus-The-Tale-of-a-Explorer?mode=guest_open

Offline Owl-

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:08:49 »
Please add another R4 1u Fn key, Zambumon!

If you can, another 2u cap in the spacebar kit too.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:12:06 »

I added a poll option for Colevrak support to the massdrop poll so get out there and vote!

so, you took the C/D render from Yuri, which to my knowledge is the first custom GMK set to ever offer these keys, and put it on the massdrop vote for Nautilus... did you run that by the designer (Zambumon)?

bold strategy, cotton

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:21:26 »

so, you took the C/D render from Yuri, which to my knowledge is the first custom GMK set to ever offer these keys, and put it on the massdrop vote for Nautilus... did you run that by the designer (Zambumon)?

bold strategy, cotton

If Colemak & Dvorak kit hits MOQ, Nautilus will get one for sure, you have my word. :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:27:23 »

bold strategy, cotton

If Colemak & Dvorak kit hits MOQ, Nautilus will get one for sure, you have my word. :thumb:

wow! this is shaping up to be a landmark year for custom keysets

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:43:18 »
wow! this is shaping up to be a landmark year for custom keysets

When companies engage with the community like GMK is doing at the moment, good stuff happens!

Offline elfick

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 11:56:03 »

That's awesome, thanks!  :thumb:

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 04:44:11 »
This is just one of those set that I must get.

Offline neralo

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 05:07:24 »
Really want this to fill a possible exploration themed build soon, assuming i get the keyboard in question. Would love to see the novelties you have planned!
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 08:04:33 »
Any chance of a blue ISO enter key being included?

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:15:40 »

I'll have to talk with GMK about it, if the molds are ready by the time Nautilus is produced, sure.
Can you nudge them to offer convex space bars in a few more sizes?

Offline NotVy

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:22:01 »
please Yellow Legends QWERTY's..!!!

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:32:02 »
How does pricing work? It's so weird that on originative.co, gmk sets go for $180. Yet gmk yuri base set, (which has a bunch of keys), goes for $130. Since this is gonna be on massdrop, will gmk nautilus be $130? Thanks.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:36:04 »
How does pricing work? It's so weird that on originative.co, gmk sets go for $180. Yet gmk yuri base set, (which has a bunch of keys), goes for $130. Since this is gonna be on massdrop, will gmk nautilus be $130? Thanks.

The $180 prices on originative.co are post-group buy sets. I think they still have Miami/Miami nights on there for $135, which is more typical gb price for GMK sets

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:49:19 »

"Retail" versus group buy price.
keyboards.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 09:38:41 »
Is there much to be saved by limiting the Norde set, as opposed to including the "usual" keys (as in GMK Carbon)? As it stands right now, at least 6 of the keys on my keyboard would have at least semi-wrong legends. I don't know about other buyers, but I for one would much rather pay quite a bit extra for having 100 % correct keys.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 06:11:36 »

Oco group buy prices are also in the $130 range. The higher price on their site includes retail markup
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline avid

« Reply #337 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 04:59:59 »
Any chance of a blue ISO enter key being included?

Second this. Id happily pay for a ISO enter in blue. The yellow is a bit loud for me.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:09:15 »

bold strategy, cotton

This would be great, the keycaps of my favorite movie along with my favored layout. Though, at the moment it doesn't look like the magic 100  for the MOQ will be reached. I'd be surprised if Yuri's DC kit reaches 90 orders (in which case hopefully Massdrop will buy the 10 remaining).

I will add another DC Kit to my existing order to show my support, that's what I can afford at the moment. I wish I had a money printer to just make it happen.

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 12:34:53 »
Not sure if its too late, but I think it would be really helpful if this group buy lasted until the end of June. Looking at the survey results, a lot of people into mk are around 20 years old, myself included. So I, and I am sure many others, have summer jobs/internships that they are waiting to start for mk money :). And with the recent drop of Yuri, plus Carbon coming out next week (even though I haven't bought Yuri), I think it would be nice to have a bit of space. Just my opinion.

Offline elfick

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:14:23 »
Not sure if its too late, but I think it would be really helpful if this group buy lasted until the end of June. Looking at the survey results, a lot of people into mk are around 20 years old, myself included. So I, and I am sure many others, have summer jobs/internships that they are waiting to start for mk money :). And with the recent drop of Yuri, plus Carbon coming out next week (even though I haven't bought Yuri), I think it would be nice to have a bit of space. Just my opinion.
With Carbon running (effectively) the beginning of June, this may not start until the end of June. Since 2 weeks seems to be the average length of these popular drops, the earliest it would start would be mid June, so going through to the end of June is almost guaranteed.

On another topic, have the novelties ever been released? I know the project site says February 23rd or something like that. Did I miss them?

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 13:22:18 »

I'm with ya!

Offline jihadu

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 15:47:05 »
With Carbon running (effectively) the beginning of June, this may not start until the end of June. Since 2 weeks seems to be the average length of these popular drops, the earliest it would start would be mid June, so going through to the end of June is almost guaranteed.

On another topic, have the novelties ever been released? I know the project site says February 23rd or something like that. Did I miss them?
Novelties are still TBD. Zambumon is still quiet about them.
SoonTM

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 19:24:41 »
Any chance of an icon modifier child kit. I think that would look phenomenal with the Yuri alphas!

Offline ykilroy

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 21:07:17 »
It looks really good
Linger, Al-65, M5-92, LSv2

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 21:16:17 »
Any chance of an icon modifier child kit. I think that would look phenomenal with the Yuri alphas!

I second this. Just mods in yellow font and that yellow ISO enter would be awesome.

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 00:57:50 »

I second this. Just mods in yellow font and that yellow ISO enter would be awesome.

Cheers, I've also added the icon modifier option to vote on Massdrop if you want to help out as well. https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Nautilus-The-Tale-of-a-Explorer?mode=guest_open&clickid=WaKVf1Qkix0RRcfWt4RyqRvUUkhT2yR1GVNX1I0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=Skimbit%20Ltd.&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1

Offline maximm

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 02:21:51 »
Can we get a blue ISO Enter in the NORDE Kit?

Offline Auk

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 03:10:10 »
Blue ISO enter key omitted entirely is unfortunate. Didn't notice that before, but it would be nice to squeeze it in somewhere. Too late for it to go in the base kit?

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:10:52 »
Blue ISO enter key omitted entirely is unfortunate. Didn't notice that before, but it would be nice to squeeze it in somewhere. Too late for it to go in the base kit?

There are a few people asking for it so I hope it can go in there somewhere :)