Author Topic: [GB] LZ : PhysiX [Complete]  (Read 192709 times)

Offline Damage

Re: [GB] LZ : PhysiX [Complete]
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 16:37:24 »
Remove weight, put paper instead of weight, or perhaps wrap USB port with electrical tape

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Didn't have the weight installed. Just tried lining the area under the PCB with paper and wrapping the USB port with electrical tape. We'll see if it helps or not.

I'm not super optimistic, but I guess we'll see.

Offline King4477

« Reply #601 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 16:52:15 »
Does the USB cable you’re using incorporate a drain? If the keyboard case isn’t grounded and static buildup isn’t being properly discharged, that could cause the issue you’re referring to.

Try swapping cables and PCBs if you can to isolate the cause.

Offline Damage

« Reply #602 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 16:57:35 »
Does the USB cable you’re using incorporate a drain? If the keyboard case isn’t grounded and static buildup isn’t being properly discharged, that could cause the issue you’re referring to.

Try swapping cables and PCBs if you can to isolate the cause.

Yeah, I'm on my fourth USB cable, including the LZ one included with the board. Issue seems to happen with all of them, perhaps worse with one of them than the others. Tough to say with an intermittent issue.

I have another build based on a second PCB and plate. May swap that over if the paper and electrical tape don't work. Honestly, though, I really want this build to work properly. Ugh.

Offline Damage

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 23:01:14 »
Remove weight, put paper instead of weight, or perhaps wrap USB port with electrical tape

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Didn't have the weight installed. Just tried lining the area under the PCB with paper and wrapping the USB port with electrical tape. We'll see if it helps or not.

I'm not super optimistic, but I guess we'll see.

Well, after a full day of use, I'd say the disconnects issue looks to be resolved. These fixes seem to have worked. Thanks for the suggestions!