Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1945581 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:59:58 »
More potato mockups: This time is the Leopold FC660M Layout with blue enter key and the geekhack key in place of the windows key. The left control key has been swaped with the caps lock. The set provides keys to properly identify this common option here at GH.

If you want to see a mockup with a particular layout, please post a picture of it, and I will try to prepare it for you. Just specify your preferences in terms of mono legends, wasd, icons, nerdoms, or whatever option you want to see.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:13:11 »
the Leopold might look good with a red arrow cluster too

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:26:11 »
Here you are. It looks awesome.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:28:14 »
in the meantime text modifiers hit the 25 tier! A full PBT sublimated TKL keyboard costs now $75 (!!!!!!) (aiming at $67)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:24:21 »
Leo FC-660M with text modifiers.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:28:12 »
Just a heads up, Leopold FC660M spacebar has awkward stem positions. I don't think the spacebar from this GB will work on FC660M.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:29:17 »
Just a heads up, Leopold FC660M spacebar has awkward stem positions. I don't think the spacebar from this GB will work on FC660M.

ditto http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56354.msg1277677#msg1277677

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:34:22 »

The space bar should be the original Leopold, or a replacement one that can sourced from QTan, or Taobao's KC84 spacebars. All are PBT and can be get in darkgray, white, and black. No standard spacebar fits the Leopold.

Other option is to glue stems from donor caps at the proper positions to fit the stabilizers' in the Leopold. The central stem is in the same position as any 6.25u standard spacebar.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:49:40 »

Matt, with this mock-up, it seems that the text in the 1.25u caps lock is a little taller than the rest of the text legends, and/or the text of the super 1u key looks a little smaller. Should they be the same height instead?, or the differences are intentional?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:54:40 »

Matt, with this mock-up, it seems that the text in the 1.25u caps lock is a little taller than the rest of the text legends, and/or the text of the super 1u key looks a little smaller. Should they be the same height instead?, or the differences are intentional?

I'll check that, thanks for the heads up. I believe they should be the same, but it seems you are not using the latest version.

Also.

Possible alternatives to bitcoin icon that I have already

if nothing better comes out I'll pick one of them. Honestly I love the D&D one, but I might simply take the alien or the arrow.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:56:33 »

I'll check that, thanks for the heads up. I believe they should be the same, but it seems you are not using the latest version.

Also.

Show Image

if nothing better comes out I'll pick one of them. Honestly I love the D&D one, but I might simply take the alien or the arrow.

I vote for the phantom one.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 12:58:07 »

Also.

the phantom is cursed! :p :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:04:05 »

Also.

the phantom is cursed! :p :D

Cursed? Nah, it is way too cool. I ain't superstitious.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:10:10 »
I don't know who I should contact to get permission to use the phantom. so basically I can't use it.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:32:23 »
What? No one like the dungeon-stone letter 'Z' from Zork?!

Fine.

I hope you're all eaten by grues.

Since you're all philistines, my vote goes to the D&D logo.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:36:39 »
What? No one like the dungeon-stone letter 'Z' from Zork?!

Fine.

I hope you're all eaten by grues.

Since you're all philistines, my vote goes to the D&D logo.  :thumb:

no actually Zork has my vote too. but you know... lot's of boobies around here :P

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:41:35 »
I don't know who I should contact to get permission to use the phantom. so basically I can't use it.

HaveANiceDay or bpiphany?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:43:47 »

I'll try, thanks

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:50:53 »
no actually Zork has my vote too. but you know... lot's of boobies around here :P

Tittayz!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p

:confused:

Seriously, I don't understand at all.

Women don't like Zork? And there's no way I'm surrounded by bewbz and not aware of them.

Or do you mean 'boobs' as uninformed men who don't 'get' Zork?

Also, I hope this thread (and future PMK groupbuys) rise from this vendor ghetto into the main groupbuy forum.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:56:48 »
PS: it seems our experiment is working after all http://lab.cubiq.org/granite/result.php . links in the signatures are actually clicked. Let's see in a couple of days.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 13:59:36 »
PS: it seems our experiment is working after all http://lab.cubiq.org/granite/result.php . links in the signatures are actually clicked. Let's see in a couple of days.

Awesome. Let us know if we can do something else.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:06:14 »

Free complete set for the one with most "genuine" referrals. This is something SP should implement.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:09:06 »

Free complete set for the one with most "genuine" referrals. This is something SP should implement.

I do not think a referral worth a free set. In any case, who actually earned rights on this set is Matt because of its hard work.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:11:06 »

I'll try, thanks

When I did the Phantom Sticker, I contacted 7bit to get permission. He said...

Quote from: 7bit
HaveANiceDay designed it.

I think it is OK when you run a group buy of it, because you are no commercial shop.

Hope that helps!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:12:34 »

I do not think referrals worth a free set. In any case, who actually earned rights on this set is Matt because of its hard work.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:20:32 »

No these are NOT referrals, instead we are testing the validity of linking group buys in our signatures :thumb:

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:37:57 »
Oh yeah I totally clicked the link in someone's sig.

But I think this is going to be the last GB set I purchase for awhile. The pain of waiting for the keys to be made is too much. That and my wallet hurts. :(

EDIT: Here's hoping the Extra Homing keys set makes it to MOQ~
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:39:43 by MsYutai »
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:39:42 »
Oh yeah I totally clicked the link in someone's sig.

But I think this is going to be the last GB set I purchase for awhile. The pain of waiting for the keys to be made is too much. That and my wallet hurts. :(

Well your wallet does not matter, and your pain could be mitigated buying a new board while you are waiting for your new caps.  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:01:33 »

Whoa!  How'd I get 12 clicks already?!?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:49:44 »

You are 12k popular.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 17:18:09 »

I guess the more posts you have the more likely someone sees your signature hence clicks your link...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 18:16:17 »

I guess the more posts you have the more likely someone sees your signature hence clicks your link...

Is that a challenge?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 18:27:44 »

Is that a challenge?

A challenge? for someone like you with over 20 posts per day, that is a piece of cake. :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 19:57:58 »

Is that a challenge?

A challenge? for someone like you with over 20 posts per day, that is a piece of cake. :thumb:

Think of it this way, the things in my signature have over 14 thousand chances to be seen. :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 20:25:42 »
Poker X RGB with icons.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 21:47:12 »

The irony is that I have sigs turned off, and thus don't even see my own.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline eMps

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 02:53:23 »
I offer one thousand and thirty internets for a mockup of a US ANSI Majestouch TKL with text mods (+text RGB), grey esc/tilde/pipe keys, and a colemak layout.

Pretty please :)

I made one myself and posted it in this thread.

EDIT: meant tilde, not tab ^_^
EDIT#2: I made a rough mockup using MS paint and found grey esc more appealing than red, so as not to break the symmetry.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 April 2014, 07:27:49 by eMps »
Colemak since Jan. 10, 2011

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 02:56:23 »
how much an internet worth these days?

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 03:50:43 »
Just added Text Mods and Icon RGB to my order.

Out of curiosity Matt3o, are we as far along, order-wise, as you expect us to be at this stage?
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline tbc

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 03:59:30 »
how much an internet worth these days?

one internet =10 esports dollars
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:03:24 »

Out of curiosity Matt3o, are we as far along, order-wise, as you expect us to be at this stage?

The GB is doing well, every day you can see more and more kits reaching the MOQ. At this pace we should reach 100 tier for the common set. That said, sales are a bit slow especially for the less common kits (those kits that have been desperately asked for in the IC and I've spent days designing).

The Skull Squadron set made 50% of the sales the last 24h so I guess there's still plenty of time, but this set will be a good test for the future GBs I will organize, I won't listen to IC too much for sure and I'll limit myself to the standard options.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:16:40 »
I won't listen to IC too much for sure and I'll limit myself to the standard options.
Yeah, it really sucks that you spent all that time on the icon mods and stuff only to have no one ordering them.
Leaves a bad taste in the mouth, for sure.

Hopefully this GB makes out like Macross and explodes in the late game, if not sooner.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline drrtyrokka

« Reply #342 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:20:17 »
I think more surveys could have helped how much e.g. the icons/text mods are actually demanded.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #343 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:24:53 »
Damn, this looks great.

Show Image

Are the dark grey keys really this dark, as they look lighter in the OP designs. Anyone have any other photos of that color for comparison?

Offline tbc

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:25:36 »
seems like it was literally the people who posted that the liked the icons that ended up buying it....so not very many.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #345 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:28:54 »
Damn, this looks great.

Show Image

Are the dark grey keys really this dark, as they look lighter in the OP designs. Anyone have any other photos of that color for comparison?

Yes, the dark gray is actually lighter. Unfortunately I don't have samples yet.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:31:39 »
Damn, this looks great.

Show Image

Here are the colors

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline justnits

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:33:25 »

The GB is doing well, every day you can see more and more kits reaching the MOQ. At this pace we should reach 100 tier for the common set. That said, sales are a bit slow especially for the less common kits (those kits that have been desperately asked for in the IC and I've spent days designing).

The Skull Squadron set made 50% of the sales the last 24h so I guess there's still plenty of time, but this set will be a good test for the future GBs I will organize, I won't listen to IC too much for sure and I'll limit myself to the standard options.

i haven't contributed to the numbers yet as i'm waiting for the last 24 hours where the price is more finalized (or cheaper) and then i'll order them according to my budget (USD$190 limit with shipping  :-[ )
matt3o, any chance for that cyrillic kit to get at least a full alpha set? (it's just missing 1, 5, 8, 9, 0, -, = keys)
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #348 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:35:28 »
matt3o, any chance for that cyrillic kit to get at least a full alpha set? (it's just missing 1, 5, 8, 9, 0, -, = keys)

it's all down to the success of the GB. As of now, I'd say no.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 04:54:16 »
Matt3o, this granite PBT and its grey scheme reminds me of tomb stones. And you know, a tie in with Bro Caps' ZomBro could result in a huge drive for this GB. I saw the relevance in theme after I saw those ZomBro's in a coffin. How about this? Would love to experience the same hype train of Toxic. That would be really awesome!

@Bro Caps.. what do you think?