Author Topic: [GB] KAT Cyberspace - FINISHED - 720k units sold!  (Read 161310 times)

Offline Mr Chrome

“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline FiXXXerX

Re: [GB] KAT Cyberspace - FINISHED - 720k units sold!
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 00:00:28 »
Any further updates? Nothing has changed on the Kono Store status page and I’m not seeing any other updates here? When are these getting shipped out?

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 23:39:36 »
Any further updates? Nothing has changed on the Kono Store status page and I’m not seeing any other updates here? When are these getting shipped out?

This is gonna be a minute. At least the keycaps are in the vendors hands for shipping. Ulliam has been ghost for quite awhile.

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 07:08:39 »

This is gonna be a minute. At least the keycaps are in the vendors hands for shipping. Ulliam has been ghost for quite awhile.

How do you know that vendors already have the keycaps?

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 08:00:32 »
Last update as I understood it was production was set to be completed at the end of September. Its been crickets since then. There was a section of the Discord that was keeping regular updates but that has not been maintained since July...

So yeah man. I don't know. Hopefully "soon"?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 14:31:28 »
No official updates since "estimated completion : July/August" back in early June. Not exactly impressed with the communication...

Offline leexy

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 22:13:52 »
ghosting as usual. updates!

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 00:46:51 »
Where my **** at yeeeeee

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 06:35:04 »
Well, as we all know Keyrative switched to a new doubleshot process from the dyesub and a lot of recent GBs got basically placed on hold. Now, the $1M question is... did this GB get affected by this or did it actually get made?

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 08:59:22 »
Production is fully underway and is due to be completed by end of the month I have taken some shots of the keys taking from the production run (not prerun samples) https://imgur.com/a/kdGCEej

Any further update is highly appreciated, are the caps still in production?

Thanks.

Offline FiXXXerX

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:53:04 »
I just want to echo a lot of the other people here... I know my post count isn't high, but I understand how these GB's work and that it takes time. That's totally fine with me so long as the finished product is beautiful (Aka. Don't GMK Dracula me bro).

What I don't like, is having no idea what's happening after I was told things would start moving. Obviously this group buy is now over a year old at this point, and even though I've seen some pix posted, I would like SOMEONE to give us a real, honest to god update as to WTF is going on. You want to tell me it's 2 more months (and it's really going to be 2 months) cool, that's fine.

But we all need SOMETHING to go on here, or else my kids are going to get a package some day after I die and wonder what dumbass would buy 'keycaps', and that would be embarrassing.

Offline Eoen

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:58:29 »
Y'all need to calm down. Keyreative (KAT manu) is well behind on a lot of their orders that have been made over the past year. The company put out a large update via zFrontier earlier this year claiming that their capacity is limited and that they're working on additional methods of production (including double-shot).

https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/202101-kat

The most recent set to "ship" from them was KAT hyperfuse which was delivered to Chinese customers with incorrect kitting causing Keyreative to go back and remedy a lot of things.

Completely get that you want to have the set in your hands and updates every step of the way, but this is very likely a case of there being nothing to provide an update on given all of the delays that have been happening.

Offline FiXXXerX

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 16:18:41 »
I'm calm, I just want some sort of communication.

I don't think that's crazy, but maybe that's just me.

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 17:11:29 »

You are not crazy, doesn't hurt say: "the set still in production" or "color match sucked, so we are gonna do it again", that's called an update, and for a set that is already late it is very educated to give to us customers.

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 18:01:47 »

You are not crazy, doesn't hurt say: "the set still in production" or "color match sucked, so we are gonna do it again", that's called an update, and for a set that is already late it is very educated to give to us customers.

Especially considering that the caps were promised to be done by the end of September and it's been a month since then. I am pretty sure that if they were done, we would have known by now so I am going to guess that something happened but what do I know...
I don't think anyone would be upset if there is another delay - we just want to know what is going on. For me personally, knowing the reason for a delay helps to cope with it better.

Offline leexy

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 23:50:49 »
the real kat ghost pleasss stand up ?

Offline vixxy

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 16:32:28 »
Exit plan (refund from KONO) if keycaps are never delivered?

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:48:54 »
Are we there yet? :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 08:04:27 »
Discord update is that Ulliiliam was dealing with a very dire family situation. (Wife has cancer)

Offline Anomeat

• But what if we made Navies heavier?
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 11:58:43 »
Hi Everyone,

An update for those who are not on the Discord, we posted on 15/10/21 regarding KAT Cyberspace:

"
Alex:
"A bit delay from Keyreative but they should have everything ready by the end of this month or early next
They are at 90% for production, and the remaining 10% will most likely finish in next week and they will go on sorting/packing."
Recent power regulations have made things difficult for manufacturers in the past few months and the whole country was away from Oct 1st-7th so getting a firm answer from them has been tricky. We're on the home stretch of production now and there shouldn't be any more delays 🤞, will keep requesting updates every few days and will update here with any new info as I receive anything."

TL;DR :
90% Manufacturing, Packing & Sorting to do.
Delays due to Power Reg and China National Day Holiday.
Should be ready by end of OCT or First half of NOV.
"

As I post this now, I have messaged Keyrative for an update on the set.

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 17:28:32 »
Thank you for the update!

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 08:31:03 »
Thank you.

Offline Anomeat

• But what if we made Navies heavier?
« Reply #272 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 09:50:58 »
Looks like we got another update today, fresh from Ulliam.

The keyset has finished production, and is now in QC and packing.

No timeline given from Manu.

https://imgur.com/a/4jLaAEv

Offline Voitokas

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 19 November 2021, 07:00:33 »
Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear that there are no big delays.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 November 2021, 07:02:20 by Voitokas »

Offline FiXXXerX

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 18:12:20 »
Looks like we got another update today, fresh from Ulliam.

The keyset has finished production, and is now in QC and packing.

No timeline given from Manu.

https://imgur.com/a/4jLaAEv

I just want to say thank you, for following up with us all here and keeping everyone in the loop! It goes a long way to assuage any fears I may have had.

+ 100pts!! :D

Offline g_hack_it

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 18:14:45 »
There are reports on the discord of zfrontier shipments going out. Seems like it's happening!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 05:10:32 »
Did mykeyboard.eu got them?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline clochette

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 20:08:50 »
Ordered from zFrontier, can confirm that I received my shipping details 2 days back

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:11:35 »
Mine apparently arrived in Australia now. I'm just worried about the QC or lack thereof with other Keyreative sets lately since I won't get a chance to pick up or inspect the keycaps for probably at least another few months, and the odds of them fixing damaged/missing keys that late is effectively zero.

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 06:19:24 »
Just got mine (in France). Mostly great, some stems are tiiightt but do fit. I wonder, wy are the glitched E/R/Y on the "wrong" row ? I see they are that way on the GB, but I don't understand.
Also A/Q (french kit) and V are slightly misaligned, doesn't bother me much but...
Here is a pic https://imgur.com/a/qzvl8Rk
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 16:19:41 »
Just got mine (in France). Mostly great, some stems are tiiightt but do fit. I wonder, wy are the glitched E/R/Y on the "wrong" row ? I see they are that way on the GB, but I don't understand.
Also A/Q (french kit) and V are slightly misaligned, doesn't bother me much but...

Did you get the text mods and where there any typos?

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 01:35:34 »
Did you get the text mods and where there any typos?
Sorry, didn't get the text mods. Only alpha, french, ortho.
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 00:11:11 »
Was the top left novelty key (the UR key in the novelty kit image) supposed to be exactly how it was in the kit image, or was it meant to be a vendor novelty key? Just wondering because the 2 novelty kits I got both have a zFrontier logo key instead of the UR key.

280318-0

Aside from that the set is fairly decent. The colors came out nice. The GiD is great, but is fairly short-lived without constant lighting. I didn't have any missing keycaps, damaged keycaps, or bad/melted stems like I did with Hyperfuse. There's a few keys where the legends are slightly out of alignment, but that seems to be the norm with Keyreative's dyesub. The long spacebars in the Violet Bar and Green Bar kits - 6u, 6.25u, and 7u - all have varying degrees of warping to them. The green bars have worse warping than the violet bars do. Interestingly enough, the En-Katakana spacebar isn't warped at all. I'm still waiting on the Akira deskmat. They put a handwritten note on the order slip next to the deskmat entry that says "not arrive yet - ship later".

Offline Luna

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 21:01:58 »
Did you get them from Mykeyboard.eu?

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 06:29:40 »
Nope, directly from zFrontier.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 19:09:34 »
will there be extras on kono?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 20:28:49 »
As for my question in this thread on the 25th, it seems that the UR keycap was intentionally changed to the zF vendor logo. This was verified with zFrontier's email support where they said "It's all replaced from UR to zF". So this seems to be by design. I'm still wondering if this is a unilateral decision by zF, or if this was intended by Ulliam.

280723-0

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 23:03:31 »
Looks like people in Europe started getting their sets as well. Hopefully, the wait for the US folks is almost over too.

Offline vixxy

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 15:15:47 »
Can I get a table dance?  ;D

Offline WASDA

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 10:38:06 »
Update from Kono store:

"The keycaps finished packing and are in transit to us now. Estimated late Q1 arrival if it can leave port by Chinese New Year, otherwise will be early Q2 (April)."

So expect early April then, lol.

Offline vixxy

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 15:39:49 »
Let's just make it by Christmas 2022 just to keep our expectations in check  ;D

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 12:50:20 »
should the title of this thread really say "FINISHED" before any of us have received caps?

Offline FiXXXerX

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 17:22:12 »
Let's just make it by Christmas 2022 just to keep our expectations in check  ;D

Under Promise.... Over Deliver!

lol

Offline Luna

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 00:47:59 »
It seems like these can already be pre-ordered with all vendors except Mykeyboard.eu ?
Does Mykeyboard work different?
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2022, 13:05:53 by Luna »

Offline WASDA

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 10:14:33 »
It seems like these can already be pre-ordered with all vendors except Mykeyboard.eu ?
Does Mykeyboard work different?

Not sure. Most, if not all, of us here are still waiting for our orders to arrive. Kono in the US is said to ship out orders sometime next month but with all the delays we'll see how that goes. I'm sure there will be extras though with how many people already canceled, lol

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 10:24:49 »
haven't used any KAT profile keycaps before, might look into this!

Offline Luna

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 10:28:06 »
Thanks for the info WASDA.
Granola, here's a nice KAT set that can be preordered now:
https://mkultra.click/kat-napoleonic-keycaps/

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 11:14:18 »
Just a fyi Kono has updated their status page to shipping for Cyberspace.
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline vixxy

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 14:57:42 »
Hey nerd bombers...it has begun.

- California, USA

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2022, 15:05:31 by vixxy »

Offline thienhaor

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 15:34:57 »
Just receive the update from Kono as well but no shipping number yet...