Author Topic: Fave youtubers?  (Read 26241 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Fave youtubers?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:28:31 »
My favorite channels, without mentioning too many overly popular ones are:

PBS Idea Channel
Computerphile
Gopher
Tek Syndicate
Infidel Amsterdam
The Needle Drop

Unsubscribe to Tek Syndicate right now.  The dude is incompetent.  He's mocked on OCN for good reason and he tried to invade the sub I mod on Reddit, but, fortunately, enough of the user base was smart enough to point out his many idiotic claims...like telling people to lap an HDT style heatsink.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:39:57 »

PBS Idea Channel
Computerphile
Gopher
Tek Syndicate
Infidel Amsterdam
The Needle Drop

Unsubscribe to Tek Syndicate right now.  The dude is incompetent.  He's mocked on OCN for good reason and he tried to invade the sub I mod on Reddit, but, fortunately, enough of the user base was smart enough to point out his many idiotic claims...like telling people to lap an HDT style heatsink.

but his desk is so nerdy! he MUST know what he's talking about!

VICE - the video side of the magazine. Make superb documentaries that go to out-there places and meet unusual people, such as their recent trip to North Korea with a US basketball team and happening to meet Kim Jong‑un, to more low-key features.

GophersVids - Gamer and mod author who primarily focuses on Fallout and Skyrim, making daily let's plays and in-depth mod reviews (the latter of which are a running feature on the modding site, Nexus). His calm disposition, attractive English accent and immersive roleplaying have made him some well-deserved fans.

vice is the ****. their  team has balls to shoot the **** they shoot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:50:03 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:48:40 »
You know that ****er is legit because he has a goatee.  No one except a tech geek neckbeard would have a goatee in the year 2014.  I mean, come on, this isn't the '90s any more.

Offline ajunakey

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:37:35 »

Which subreddit? and what did he say?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:53:45 »

Which subreddit? and what did he say?

/r/buildapc.  Stupid stuff like his incompetent i5 vs FX-8350 review, telling people to lap HDT style heatsinks and that a cheap, crappy single rad tower heatsink beat the H100, there's his whole audio equipment marketing passing as reviews (and wrong in those as well), and so on.  I just ignore him because there are always major flaws in whatever he does.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 09:40:28 »

PBS Idea Channel
Computerphile
Gopher
Tek Syndicate
Infidel Amsterdam
The Needle Drop

I primarily watch the tek talk for news updates etc. But i have noticed some major flaws in their reviews, like when they tested if you could hear the differences between a FLAC and an MP3 file and the track they chose was one of his own 8-bit tracks, just downright silly.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 10:52:08 »
Logan is a noob, and he thinks he's a musician because he makes ****ty 8-bit tracks.

Yeah **** off.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Fave youtubers?
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 11:07:37 »
Logan is a noob, and he thinks he's a musician because he makes ****ty 8-bit tracks.

Yeah **** off.

I actually can't stand his 'beats'

Sure maybe provide a link to your music at the end of your video, but for the love of god, don't force it onto me at the beginning of each and every one :/
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:40:07 »
I unsubscribed from him a long time ago for that very reason. I still check their videos from time to time, and the only knowledgeable and useful one on that show is the fat guy who's face you can't see from behind the monitor. Logan and his girlfriend Pistol are useless. Their keyboard reviews made me cringe.

I can't believe people actually send them money to make those videos, either. All they do is sit around and play video games 90% of the time, I'm absolutely certain of that. It's not like they do anything truly useful other than rant about this and that, and provide the latest tech news, which would take anyone with the IQ of an armchair around 10 seconds to find through Google.

Anyway, here's another cool channel, Food Wishes - https://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes/videos
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline ajunakey

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 17:38:00 »

PBS Idea Channel
Computerphile
Gopher
Tek Syndicate
Infidel Amsterdam
The Needle Drop

I primarily watch the tek talk for news updates etc. But i have noticed some major flaws in their reviews, like when they tested if you could hear the differences between a FLAC and an MP3 file and the track they chose was one of his own 8-bit tracks, just downright silly.

Just watched his MP3 vs FLAC video... needless to say its the most inaccurate video I've ever seen. Do not show this video to the audiophile community lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 17:42:05 by ajunakey »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 15:03:00 »
Enjoy watching Penguinz0 and videogamedunkey from time to time
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 15:56:49 »
Squee913 and my bro Piph0
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 19:35:03 »
had to ressurrect this topic cause I found an addictive new channel, Braille Skateboarding.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sprocker7/featured
Essentially they build boards out of odd objects and do skate them. They pull off some impressive tricks on some weird ****. If you ever wanted to see someone drop in on an iPad, or grind a 100% metal(wheels too) board, or skate the living **** outta a PS3 with amazing results - check this channel out!

Their You Build It and Skate Everything series are addictive.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 19:41:13 »
another good one I found recently: Allenpalin https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJTTv1UsG-VWifFOl6DB3nA

This dude takes Bill Burr's podcast bits where he talks about YouTube videos and syncs them up with the video he's talking about blow by blow. Doing God's work here.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 22:36:52 »
Chyrosran22, Chyrosran22, and Chyrosran22 :))

Offline Coreda

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 22:47:34 »
Off my head

Samy Kamkar - Great hacker (in the true sense), makes videos about both hardware and software exploits and often open sources them. Taking over flying drones, wireless keyboards, ringing doorbells remotely, all kinds of stuff. Not a super frequent video maker but always worth it when he does post.

Super Bunnyhop - About the only video game analysis/journalistic videos I care for.

Big Saru - Wonderful Metal Gear Solid player. Known originally for his amusing MGS3 videos and deep knowledge of the AI he more recently makes entertaining MGSV runs.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:07:18 »
I'm really never on youtube, but if I am I'm probably watching Linus' Tech Tips.

Offline kohi

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:02:34 »
had to ressurrect this topic cause I found an addictive new channel, Braille Skateboarding.
Essentially they build boards out of odd objects and do skate them. They pull off some impressive tricks on some weird ****. If you ever wanted to see someone drop in on an iPad, or grind a 100% metal(wheels too) board, or skate the living **** outta a PS3 with amazing results - check this channel out!

Their You Build It and Skate Everything series are addictive.

ah I started watching this series cause it was on my recommended list.. lot of 3D printed wheels lol
exurb1a

Offline dustigroove

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:14:12 »

Braille Skateboarding.
Essentially they build boards out of odd objects and skate them.

Best wasted half hour in a long time... good find!

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:23:30 »
Here are my personal favourites:

Lazy Game Reviews - https://www.youtube.com/user/phreakindee

This is primarily 90's PC games. It's incredibly well produced, he does great indepth documentaries and his thrifting videos are also great fun.

Kim Justice - https://www.youtube.com/user/elmyrdehory

Again, very good indepth documentaries. She just finished almost 3 and a half hours on Peter Moleneux. Lots of other classic UK computer docs and a bit of Japanese console stuff. The writing is a cut above almost any other youtube gaming channel and the level of research involved must be staggering.

Generation 16 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9D5F481536776B3A
If you like the Mega Drive/Genesis you'll love this series. He's documenting every single game on the system sequentially and dredging up loads of new information on every title. It's my particular type of nerd heaven.

Tech Moan - https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan
This ones largely old and/or interesting technology and not gaming. Production values are incredible. He showcases lots of bizarre music technology and formats. Can't praise this guy enough.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:37:39 »
I was just about to mention LGR and Kim Justice. I subscribe to Tech Moan also. Great stuff!

I would also recommend Tom Scott - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBa659QWEk1AI4Tg--mrJ2A
He speaks about various weird things: places, occurrences, language quirks, etc. He is also on Computerphile sometimes.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:42:02 »
Casey Neistat - watched him for a few years and it's just super good quality stuff.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:55:14 »
Casey Neistat - watched him for a few years and it's just super good quality stuff.

I occasionally watch this guy's stuff but can never figure out exactly what it is he does. Entertaining though.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 21:00:23 »

I occasionally watch this guy's stuff but can never figure out exactly what it is he does. Entertaining though.
Owns a social company, makes videos and has a lot of companies behind him AFAIK. I'm sure he's talked about it once but I forget when.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 00:09:24 »
Gotta love Red Letter Media. I don't even watch that many movies, I just loving watching their vids
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 01:44:55 »
Nerdcubed, Gopher and Totalbiscuit are my favs.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 01:47:43 »
Nerdcubed, Gopher and Totalbiscuit are my favs.

I pretty much play Gopher's videos just for his voice  ^-^ Makes for relaxing background noise in his calmer videos.

Offline spiritanimals

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 10:29:59 »
SuperBunnyHop is one of my favorite gaming channels. He does awesome reviews, retrospectives and great journalistic content. Highly recommended!!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 16:10:26 »
necro'd

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:13:23 »
RetroAhoy is great.

I deleted most of my YT subs lately cos I was watching 20 hours a week of it. The ones I've hung onto are..

Ones I've hung onto are Kim Justice who does really good longform video game documentaries.

Lazy Game Reviews you probably already know. Lots of 90's PC stuff.

Techmoan does a lot of old Hifi stuff. It's a touch dry but he's got a sense of humour about it.

Summoning Salt does really good speedrunning documentaries.

GManLives mostly covers old FPS games. Find his recommendations when it comes to new titles very on point.

RedLetterMedia. Review movies. Production quality and the humour are very on point.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 15:25:10 »
🦀🦀🦀 jaystation is gone 🦀🦀🦀

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 04:15:05 »
LGR for games and retro PC stuff
Chyrosran22 for keyboards.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 16:12:17 »
I spend A LOT of time on YT, so I’m literally just gonna post my subscriptions here:

jacksepticeye, NileRed, Nick Shabazz, Kubz Scouts, Held der Steine Inh. Thomas Panke, PewDiePie, Skallagrim, Call Me Kevin, TierZoo, LockPickingLawyer, ashens, RTGame, my mechanics, TysyTube Restoration, cutlerylover, apandah, iDubbbzTV, Forgotten Weapons, Phoenix SC, LPIndie - Astronomie und Wissenschaft, Aztrosist, Zombey, Lindybeige, Doctor Lalve, GronkhRetro, Watchfinder & Co., Secure Team, AvE, Grand Illusions, Norwegian Baron, Ownage Pranks, Mikasacus, Techmoan, Cody'sLab, DemolitionRanch, pianoREADER, STBlackST, The Templin Institute, an0nymooose, TREY the Explainer, Diversity, Chyrosran22, Spacedock, Steve1989MREInfo, DangerouslyFunny, Elvis The Alien, fresh, TheReportOfTheWeek, USOG, TypewriterJustice, Generation Tech, E;R, skippy62able, Shadiversity, WATCH CHRONICLER, MARSCHLIEDERKANAL, The Spiffing Brit, scholagladiatoria, lookslikeLink, Materialisimo, Dr. Ludwig, Periodic Videos, How to be a Great Game Master, Sam O'Nella Academy, Gronkh, Charborg, Gentleman's Gazette, Joey Pockett, Teminite, iDubbbzTV, Mustard, McFlosen, VORW Podcast, Tipsy Duck, Zee Bashew, EckhartsLadder, hickok45

Some of them are german of cause. No links, too lazy, sorry.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 17:37:55 »
I like Peter McKinnon.

Offline fliz

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 21:10:05 »
critical drinker, e;r, ProZD, Viva Frei, and (even though I don't share his politics) Tim Pool.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 23:22:36 »
Recently discovered and became fans of Doug DeMuro, MandaloreGaming, and GmanLives.

most of the channels I'm subbed to are gaming, animation, or comedy related
https://www.youtube.com/user/litmehface/channels?view=56&shelf_id=0&view_as=subscriber

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 23:55:11 »
I've grown tired of Youtube in the past year.  It's mostly Twitch for me now.  Youtube really needs some better sources of revenue for content creators.  I want to watch people make good original content, not ads.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 08:46:06 »
Peter Mckinnon, Big E, BadSeedTech, Wildcat, Jayz2cents, Gamesky, and Gamers Nexus

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D