Author Topic: BS Double Shots  (Read 2771 times)

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
BS Double Shots
« on: Tue, 30 August 2011, 14:46:55 »
They don't exist as far as I am aware but do you think if Signature Plastics or other company (Unicomp maybe) could make such keycaps for 2 piece IBM keys?
Various color schemes (like original black on white/grey, or new red on white or white on black) would be awesome. That would bring new live to our dull looking Model Ms, Model Fs and Unicomps...
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline itlnstln

BS Double Shots
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 August 2011, 14:50:54 »
Unicomp might be able to help as well as Fentek.  I don't think anybody does double-shots for Model Ms, though.  I think the best you can get is a colored cap with dye sub.  Not the best for customization, but they're just as durable.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
BS Double Shots
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 August 2011, 14:54:42 »
I'm aware of dye sublimated keys made by Unicomp and Fentek. Got some from both parties but I'd like to know if it's at all technologically possible and if maybe someone would be interested in group order.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 August 2011, 14:58:19 by czarek »
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline theferenc

BS Double Shots
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 01:26:50 »
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do doubleshot caps for the two-piece keys, but they would have to be pretty thin.

For the single piece keys, I think the way they are made is actually out of a single piece of plastic, so I don't think it would be possible to do them as double shots.

Also, having had both PBT dye-subbed keys and double shot keys, I have to say I prefer the dye subbed models. They just feel better under my fingers. Of course, that's only my preference, and I could see arguments the other way, as well.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline Atenacius

BS Double Shots
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 21:59:28 »
I've contacted Unicomp before for making white on red Esc keys and they told me that they don't have the technology to do so. They do offer dyesub keys at a fair price but you're limited to black

Keychron Q6 GATERON G PRO YELLOW
Vortex Pok3r CHERRY MX RED
Das Keyboard Model S CHERRY MX BLUE
IBM Model M
1391401 09 MAR 93