Author Topic: unusual cherry keyboard  (Read 4890 times)

Offline wheelspk

unusual cherry keyboard
« on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:09:55 »
hello,

my dad was moving his house to a different location and i was helping him out when i saw this keyboard, when i turned it around i was like $$$$$$$ :D :D :D CHERRY!!!! HELL YAAAA...... :D :D :D :D

but when i press the key to guess what switch it might be i was very disappointed and surprised at the force it took me to press the keys they were hard even more than the blacks and grays.

i took the cap off to see the most unusual switch (well at-least to me), my dad said i can have it as it was of no use to him.

so i brought it home and had a board laying around with browns in it, my questions are:

what kind of keyboard it this??

what type of switch are these??

can i swap these switches with the browns as both are cherry?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:17:55 by wheelspk »

Offline Dgsbllx

Re: unusual cherry keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:10:56 »
Sorry I do not see a picture

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:13:52 »
sorry i forgot  :D ;D :p :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:13:58 »
It's a Leitch video editing keyboard. MY switch, so no they are not interchangeable with MX. You can make use of the keycaps though. Or if you got a G80-3000winkey PCB you could swap it into the casebody.
If you willing to trade or sell I might be interested in the case body and the blue F1-F4 keycap.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:19:59 by lysol »

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:15:43 »
i have attached pictures now ... here they are again:

:eek: :eek:

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:18:26 by wheelspk »

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:22:59 »
It's a Leitch video editing keyboard. MY switch, so no they are not interchangeable with MX. You can make use of the keycaps though. Or if you got a G80-3000winkey PCB you could swap it into the casebody.
If you willing to trade or sell I might be interested in the case body and the blue F1-F4 keycap.

NP i would have give it away for free lol but i live in Pakistan :))

i cant even solder the brown to this switches ??

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:27:40 »
No, there is nothing to solder switch to on mylar membrane, and your 11800? PCB obviously won't fit in that case body. Use the keycaps on the other MX boards if you like.

If you want to sell or trade, find out about shipping to USA. I don't have a problem to pay it or give you something for it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:29:25 by lysol »

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:34:39 »
ok are u willing to trade this keyboard for 2 Clack Factory Skull Keycap or any kool looking 2 keycaps ???
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:36:53 by wheelspk »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 10:39:56 »
I only have Cherry oem keys, so I could trade some color random legend keys. I don't do clacks, besides this keyboard isn't particularly valuable, maybe worth $30 for the colored lasered keys. Mostly I just liked the logo on the case body.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 18:04:00 »
If you are only interested in the F1-F4 keycaps, lysol, then I would be interested in the rest of the keys. I don't have anything to trade (that I am willing to let go that is) so I can only offer cash.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 20:45:51 »
Wow, that 9 SP key really looks out of place, otherwise: Looks pretty good! Is the "Q" doubleshot? I notice most of the rest look lasered, but I'm somewhat interested in what the undersides of those coloured keycaps look like.

And they said our novelty keycap-laden keyboards looked like ugly rainbows. LEITCH and WEY know how to make a real coloured keyboard.

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 03:54:59 »
Wow, that 9 SP key really looks out of place, otherwise: Looks pretty good! Is the "Q" doubleshot? I notice most of the rest look lasered, but I'm somewhat interested in what the undersides of those coloured keycaps look like.

And they said our novelty keycap-laden keyboards looked like ugly rainbows. LEITCH and WEY know how to make a real coloured keyboard.

they are not double-shot..ill post pic soon.....i like the look but the switches are horrible to type on  :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 09:40:07 »
You can pull out the stem on MY and remove the spring. It makes it feel much less terrible and really light, about 35g switch.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 15:32:39 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:24:01 by davkol »