Author Topic: Dual Monitor  (Read 9312 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Dual Monitor
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:02:00 »
Alas, it's strictly a work rig. No eyefinity stuff, they're just all running off a 660ti. I've posted a few pics before, but here's one I just took since moving over to my new Steelcase Series 5 desk.

Don't hate on my cables, I know they're a mess :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:15:53 »
Alas, it's strictly a work rig. No eyefinity stuff, they're just all running off a 660ti. I've posted a few pics before, but here's one I just took since moving over to my new Steelcase Series 5 desk.

Show Image

Very sweet setup!

What mouse is that? The logitech with the green light?

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:26:41 »

Show Image

im jelly
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:24:54 »
@Spamray: performance mouse mx. The green light is the battery indicator

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:31:29 »
@Spamray: performance mouse mx. The green light is the battery indicator

Awesome! Thanks.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:34:51 »

Show Image

WUT

This is damn neat bro. Forget about the cable, this station is da shiet brah.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 15:25:37 »

Show Image

From an ergonomic point of view, your neck and eyes will murder you in your sleep in a few years. But from the nerd point of view I start drooling.
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 01:01:07 »
I've been doing triple monitors for quite a few years now without experiencing any pain or discomfort. But then again I've been typing for over 10-12 hr a day for 15 years without any pain either.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 01:26:14 »
What is this eyefinity?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 01:29:32 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 02:05:34 »
I've been doing triple monitors for quite a few years now without experiencing any pain or discomfort. But then again I've been typing for over 10-12 hr a day for 15 years without any pain either.

Crossed fingers then! I have reverted from triple 27" to double 23" because I didn't like turning my head all the time. I'm not missing out on anything now, except for the video stuff which was always running on the third monitor. So much time for activities now!
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 04:05:41 »
Thanks a lot guys.  My wallet is really going to be hurting now.  After the KeyCon and the wife winning a set of caps she wants a TKL with reds.  Now after seeing how you guys have your monitors set up I moved my second monitor from above in landscape to beside in portrait and now the wife wants another monitor now.  I don't know if I can work enough extra hours to pay for this stuff.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 07:11:31 »
Thanks a lot guys.  My wallet is really going to be hurting now.  After the KeyCon and the wife winning a set of caps she wants a TKL with reds.  Now after seeing how you guys have your monitors set up I moved my second monitor from above in landscape to beside in portrait and now the wife wants another monitor now.  I don't know if I can work enough extra hours to pay for this stuff.

1 : Work hard
2 : Upgrade her machine
3 : Please woman
4 : Receive unlimited amount of bacon and blowjobs

It's a win/win deal i guess.
Money is only pieces of cheap alloy and paper. It's worthless versus the gain.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 07:45:08 »

So true but when do I get to upgrade my machine?

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 10:05:12 »

My friend, you get to upgrade your machine all the time. Any occasion, do it. Boost that little baby, even with older hardware. You don't need to spend a lot of buxx to upgrade your machine a bit. For major upgrades just make sure to give that metal-kunt some shinning-new-crazy-insane-hardware, but expect to pay for these. If you need money you can always sell your body.

You can also add a second slave machine to your machine just so it runs as its little b**ch. Mine as a Mac-Mini G4 used for multiple purposes but it's my main computer's b**ch (Main computer is IronMan, Mac-Mini is IronMan's-b**ch). Just like you have a wife (lol it ain't a slave but it kinda does slave work with concent). It's used for multiple servers, holds some tools, netboot, archiving... you know classic home server stuff that my main machine can always relly on to give it sh1tty work to do.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:31:24 by Quardah »

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:20:52 »

My friend, you get to upgrade your machine all the time. Any occasion, do it. Boost that little baby, even with older hardware. You don't need to spend a lot of buxx to upgrade your machine a bit. For major upgrades just make sure to give that metal-**** some shinning-new-crazy-insane-hardware, but expect to pay for these. If you need money you can always sell your body.

You can also add a second slave machine to your machine just so it runs as its little *****. Mine as a Mac-Mini G4 used for multiple purposes but it's my main computer's ***** (Main computer is IronMan, Mac-Mini is IronMan's-*****). Just like you have a wife (lol it ain't a slave but it kinda does slave work with concent). It's used for multiple servers, holds some tools, netboot, archiving... you know classic home server stuff that my main machine can always relly on to give it ****ty work to do.

Funniest post of the day. :))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:31:42 »
Lol glad i made you laugh.

What would life be without a little fun :p

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX