Author Topic: Azhdar's current collection 09/02/2016 Update  (Read 97381 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azhdar's current collection 09/02/2016 Update
« on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 05:15:12 »
Meant to do this for a while.

Cherry corp boards first :

G80-5000HAMPO That I azertied with the help of the G81-1901HAF

G81-1901HAF with the portuguese caps of the HAMPO (F5-F8 keys are stored safely ;) )

Raptor K1 keycap of this one are currently on the SQ

G81-1900HEF #1

G81-1900HEF #2

IBM SSK 1987 with  Bronin

Better pic of it:

The chineses :
AboStudio numpad in Alu case, with azerty dyesub (set #1), BlackOut Reaper, katz blank, BroCaps MX gamer Esc.

Redscarf3 96, azerty dyesub (set #2), 1u 0 from an used 1800 set , gmk rShift.

Just noticed the 1u 0 is on the wrong position lmao

FaceU Replica withSA Retro

The Koreans:
GON Nerd60 PCB in poker2 case, with some GMK & Nosferatu Zombro

B.face ISO HHKB layout, Gaterons blanks with ISO enter & windowed. (old pic because I forgot to take new ones :x )

LZ-SQ with WOB azerty+JTK & Ragerot

The Azerties:
Random bags of WOB azerties:

Dyesub set #1 (numpad keys on the abostudio)

Doubleshot 1800 (1u 0 is on the RS96)

Various GMK

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2016, 05:40:57 by azhdar »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Belfong

Re: Azhdar's current collection 21/11/2015
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 05:17:28 »
That’s a damn impressive collection!!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 05:51:47 »
Wonderful collection :) the Redscarf is my favorite :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 17:25:01 by Glenmael »

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 05:53:03 »
I thought of doing to celebrate my 500th post but nahh too early for that I guess :D

On other hand, GREAT collection azhdar!
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:00:15 by raymogi »
Please feed my addiction.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 05:55:41 »
You have a nice healthy selection of beige friend. That makes me happy. Hope to have as much as you eventually

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:12:22 »
****in A man your collection is so good. Topre next? :p

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:13:18 »

Never.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:16:54 »
More
    This thread is easy. Ask a quick and simple question and get a quick answer!
Yes you can ask about keycaps here, anything keyboard related goes! :D Post your questions and we'll answer them! Thanks for making this thread great!
Whyyyy :eek:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Skip to catagories...

Keyboards

Keycaps

Modifications

Stabilizers

The Ideal Setup for Simple Questions, Simple Answers:

Overall I like jdcarpe’s explanation on how this thread should ideally run. I don't want to limit the discussion but this wasn't the original intent of this thread and I wouldn't want the discussion to be lost within this thread. If you could make a spinoff and just reference your post in this thread, that would be the *ideal* situation. But remember, this will always be a place where questions can be asked and hopefully I can provide an answer (or more likely, someone much smarter than me will help out :D)

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. If you think it sounds like your situation, maybe it applies to a specific case you have in mind, but trust me, this post is for general guidelines, and is in no way intended to point out anyone as being wrong or inconsiderate.

Q: Should I post my question here in the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread, or make a new thread to address my problem or situation?

A: If your question is brief, specific, and you reasonably believe that it could be answered in one reply post, please post your question here, and someone will try to help you as soon as possible with an answer and/or explanation of where to find further information. Links to other posts/threads will be provided when possible.

If you think that the response to your question will be likely to require several posts, with the possibility of interaction between yourself and the responder being necessary to come to an conclusion, you would probably be doing the community a favor by starting a new thread regarding your topic. A new thread will give others the opportunity to explore the same issues that you are experiencing in regard to the keyboard, switch, or other issue, organized cohesively into one place.

Also, if what you thought was a simple question turned into a lengthy discussion, please create a new thread regarding that topic, and post a link and direct others to join the discussion in that thread.

These few guidelines should make the organization of information by topic much more defined, and accessible to other members who may be having the same question, problem, or issue you may be experiencing.

Thanks for helping to make this topic the place to turn for questions and answers!

:D

If you can't find your answer, I'll hunt it down for you. Just PM me  :D Good luck and happy knowledge gathering.

If you'd like to provide feedback, please check out this thread here and leave your comments there. Please keep this thread for its original intent. Thanks!

Now for a few rules:
  • This is not a sale/trade/free stuff thread. Please use the Classifieds or PMs to handle that kind of business.
  • Please try and ask yes/no questions or questions that can be answered in a single post or two
  • Please don't ask about prices, we have a thread for that already. This is to avoid people dodging the classifieds rules and posting here
  • Please try and quote the question you're answering. This thread is now big enough that multiple questions and answers are being asked at once and it can get confusing.
  • Please try to limit the discussions here, we have countless other threads and places to discuss. I'd like to keep this thread true to its title. Sorry if I stifle the discussion from time to time
  • Please don't bump your question. I know I'm usually fast with answers (or someone else is fast), but if you don't get an answer in an hour, just be patient. I might actually be doing researching/digging and you might not even know. I think the longest someone waited for an answer is 3-4 days. Just wait or PM me.
  • Please don't post memes or gifs in this thread
  • Please keep this keyboard (keyboards, keycaps, springs, mods, soldering, etc) related.
  • Please don’t bicker in this thread. I will have it cleaned up if I feel it’s needed.

Example questions:

Q = Question
A = Answer

Q: Where can I buy new wire stabilizers?
WASDKeyboards has them.

A:
Btw, they only have 6.25x costar spacebar wire and 2x costar wires. Cherry wires in 6.25x, 7x, and costar in 7x are not available, which I know people do look for occasionally.

Q: What keyboard is this? (Borrowed from reaper's review thread)

Show Image

A: SHMX

Frequently Asked Questions: Up to FAQ

• How do you search GeekHack more efficiently? Up to FAQ

The native GeekHack search function isn’t working that well in my opinion. You can search using Google. Input the following search -

site:geekhack.org mysearchhere

So you put site:geekhack.org then the search parameters. You can use all the tools of Google search on this search too. This will also work on other site such as Deskthority.net.

Also, Moose gave me this pro-tip: If you want to see if this thread has an answer you already asked, then you can try searching once you have this thread open. In other words, if you're browsing in the Keyboards sub-forum and search, the search will look for things in the Keyboards sub-forum. So if you search "LEDs" while in this thread, then you'll find posts about LEDs.

Q: I need help with X. Is there a list that will help me find assembly/CAD/help services?
Up to FAQ

Domoaligato created The Professional Services Thread. You can see who does assembly services, modding, CAD, etc.

Q: Adding this here since it's been asked multiple times:  Up to FAQ
Are we still doing simple questions simple answers? if so:
What is this sticker mod i am seeing on some keyboards? Like putting stickers under the switches or something? What does this do? And what does lubing the spring do? It seems like lube on a spring would do nothing?

The stickers go between the top and bottom halves off the switch housing. It reduces movement of the switch housing itself, which eliminates any wobble of the switch.

Lubing the sliders of the stem makes the switches feel smoother, and reduces or eliminates any "grittiness" feel of the switches. Lubing the springs reduces or eliminates any squeaking sound coming from the spring movement inside the switch.

I personally think stickers are a bit of a gimmick and I've heard the argument both ways. A video made by Photoelectric shows the wobble that housing can have and what the stickers can try to fix. Also check out this explanation from nubbinator.

Q: X switch is best for gaming. Is that true? Up to FAQ

There is no switch that was made that was "optimized for gaming". No switch is "better" than any other for gaming. There's only personal preference. You might feel comfortable playing on X switch and not Y switch. And that's fine.

Q: Is there a Cherry MX spring actuation force reference guide? Up to FAQ

Show Image
This picture is borrowed from Ripster. The Cherry actuation forces are (*XX). Rkinze also has a fantastic article which has both actuation and bottom out forces. The discrepancy in rkinze's data can be found here. Ripster also has a great album showing switches disassembled so you can see the springs inside with closeup of the springs so you can do comparisons.

Q: Where is a template for making my own keycap/keyboard layouts? (This gets asked in the IRC probably weekly)

Matt30 made this Color Generator application that allows you to pick color combos. For a blank layout of a keyboard, to color in, you can check out Kaporkle's thread. Next, ne0phyte has a layout generator here and here. Finally, ijprest has this wonderful Keyboard Layout Generator with the proper SP and GMK color chip callouts. The SP ABS Color Codes can be found in Krogenar's thread.

Q: What caps are better? PBT? ABS? Thick? Thin? Up to FAQ

which is better? thick pbt or abs gmk?

That's like asking which is better, Ferrari or Lamborghini? :P

They're both awesome.
It’s all personal preference. Answer also works for “What is the best switch”?

Q: Where do I get one of those keyboard pixel signature thingys? (Looks like:
Show Image
. This was borrowed from inlikeflynn)

The thread is called keyboard pixel art things. Your keyboard is probably listed in that thread but you'll have to search around for it.

Q: Can I remove switches/switch tops without desoldering? Up to FAQ

Not unless you have a custom plate with specialized cutouts that allow this. The_Beast and WFD have made plates like this. In other words, stock plates will require soldering/desoldering, custom plates may have a cutout that allow you to open the tops without desoldering. If the board is PCB mounted, you will not have to solder/desolder. Confirmed by jdcarpe

Q: Where can I learn more about soldering? Up to FAQ

Tjaustin and jdcarpe started this thread which I think is a great guide on soldering/soldering equipment. Also, this guide/comic is often linked when people ask "How do I learn to solder?"

Q: Can I play video games on a RealForce/HHKB? Up to FAQ

Yes, it shouldn't hinder your abilities in any manner. I follow the StarCraft 2 professional scene and I know for a fact that TT1 and MC both have used RealForce keyboards in competition.

Q: jdcarpe ordered me to add this to the OP. I blame him.

Does anyone know what size screws the Poker/Pure case uses?

CPTBadAss, please put this info in the OP:

Poker/Pure cases use M2-4mm (0.4mm pitch) machine screws to mount the PCB to the case. McMaster-Carr part # 92000A011

Q: Are there switch opening tools? I heard The_Beast was selling some? Up to FAQ

Yes, The_Beast made some a while back in a round 1 of the tools. Some alternatives were pitched by Larken and Nubbinator/Limmy. Also photekq has suggested that a small flathead screwdriver will do the trick as well.

Q: What's part number for PCB/Plate-mount stabilizers? Up to FAQ

Does anyone know the part number for PCB mounted Costar or Cherry stabilizers?

There is no such thing as "PCB Mounted" Costar stabilizers. All Costar stabilizers attach to the plate.

Cherry "Plate Mounted" stabilizers are parts: G99-0224 (1x2, 1x2.25, 1x2.75), G99-0379 (1x7), and G99-0226 (1x8, 1x9, 1x10).

These Cherry part numbers are "without frame". Without frame means no plate or PCB, I've personally confirmed it by ordering these parts from Mouser.: G99-0742 (1x2, 1x2.25, 1x2.75), G99-0745 (1x7), and G99-0744 (1x8, 1x9, 1x10).

This is the link from Cherry: http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/key/mx.htm

Q: Where can I buy stabilizers/stabilizer wire? Up to FAQ

For Costar stabilizers, you can go to WASDKeyboards. For Cherry PCB/plate mount, you can go to Mouser or OnlineComponents.com. Note that you can only find the following part numbers at Mouser: G99-0744 which are PCB mount switches with an 8X wire and G99-0224 which are plate mounted with a 2X wire. You can mix and match your order to get the 2X wire and PCB mount if you need. I've never seen  a 6x or 6.25x wire. You'll have to bend your own. Litster's video may be helpful. The wire diameter for Costar is 3/64" music wire found at hobby shops and he uses a Du-Bro EZ Bender tool. And I believe the Cherry wire diameter is 1/16". Alternatively, you can buy some from GON or Imsto.

Q: What's the basic difference between the Korean weight springs and stock Cherry springs? Up to FAQ

Korean springs are measured at bottom out force while Cherry springs are measured at actuation.

Basically a 60g-ish korean spring = same as springs in blues, reds, browns.
Obviously Photekq's answer is oversimplifying the springs but that is the basic premise. For a more indepth look at springs and their spring rate, acutation force estimate, and bottom out averages, please take a look at rkinze's Cherry MX Spring Measurements thread.

Q: What font does SP use on their caps prior to the Geekhack Cherry legend fundraiser? What is the stock SP font? Up to FAQ

Okay, I'd like to clear this up once and for all. Maybe this needs to go into a wiki or FAQ. I don't work for Signature Plastics, but I researched this and found this page on SP's web site.
History
The history of Signature Plastics began in 1973 with a company named Comptec. Comptec began injection molding and quickly became a leading manufacturer of two-shot molded plastic parts for customers world wide servicing the computer, telecommunication, electronic, automotive, medical and consumer products markets.

Signature Plastics was established in 2001 following a management buyout of assets and customer base of Comptec Inc. The products developed and technologies perfected during the formative Comptec years laid the foundation for Signature Plastics' continued success today resulting in over thirty years of plastic molding expertise.

- Comptec created the WYSE font and made all the original keycaps for the WYSE keyboards you can still find in the marketplace.

- Signature Plastics did not make the original WYSE keycaps. Comptec did. It appears the tooling they use now is newer tooling, and not the original tooling.

- Signature Plastics's default legend font is the WYSE font they acquired from Comptec.

Q: Is there a list of 60%/75%/Compact Keyboards? Up to FAQ

Yes, mashby created this great list. Also there’s a great list on the reddit Wiki

Q: I want to get LEDs, where are some sources? Up to FAQ

I personally ordered 2x3x4 mm square LEDs from this eBay vendor. I have also heard that some people really like SuperBrightLEDs. And of course, Mouser carries them. For more info on square vs round LEDs, check out this post by Photekq.

Q: I want to see what X caps look like on a backlit board? Up to FAQ

Check out the pictures that Jocelyn (1,2) and I posted.

Q: I'm looking for old Cherry boards and rebranded boards on eBay. What should I look for? Up to FAQ

Check out this post from Ivan. Also check out the DT Wiki and their Cherry Article Numbers post.

Q: Why do some switches cost more than others? Up to FAQ

Pricing depends on Cherry and the pricing tiers that Carter (CM Representative on GH) gave out (cheapest to most expensive) can be found here.

Q: I want to reprogram my Poker 2 to do X? Where is some info on that? Up to FAQ

Here is some generic info on the Poker 2 including the original manual in Chinese. A translated manual can be found here. WhiteFireDragon has a great review with lots of helpful info here.

Q: Can I add LEDs to my Poker 2? Up to FAQ

Check out this post here and here.

Q: I want to bend my own Cherry stabilizer wire. Is there any info on this? Up to FAQ

Check out this post here.

Q: The Costar inserts in my modifiers are loose. How do I fix this? Up to FAQ

Don't know what a Costar insert is? Check out this picture borrowed from Brann Mitchell's review on a Rosewill RK9000. Then look at these pictures from Photoelectric. You don't need to use teflon tape; regular tape, plastic bags, and paper all work. You can also check out the this post from rowdy and this thread from missalaire and Smallfry.

Q: What are the dimensions for a hole in a plate that will accept a Cherry MX housing? Up to FAQ

See the picture below, provided by jdcarpe. Dimensions are in inches. The spacing between each switch is 19.05mm or .75 inches from center to center, as verfied by Damorgue.

Show Image

Q: What affects the finish of a keycap/stem/plastic more: the material or the finish? Up to FAQ

See this post from BLJ, who is the SP plastics guru.

Q: I don't know which way my diodes/LEDs go. Does the polarity matter? Up to FAQ

Check out this post here. Also this picture and this picture explain the polarity on LEDs. Longer leg is positive, shorter leg is negative. Finally, this explanation from Samwisekoi is very straightforward.

Q: Is there a beginner's guide to modding my keyboard? Up to FAQ

BlueBar created this great guide which I highly recommend. This is geared more towards MX switches. There is also an entire thread on soldering, where you can learn everything ever about soldering. Jwaz also linked the EEVblog video on basic soldering equipment and WhiteFireDragon's YouTube channel here. I found this WFD video extremely helpful.

Q: Can I modify my Alps keyboard like the MX keyboards? Up to FAQ

Yes, check out this post here.

Q: Where can I find the sheet that people use to check their keycap layouts? Up to FAQ

inlikeflynn posted a 11x17" and 8x11" file, which looks like the "official GeekHack one" (Laminated sheets were once sold in a GH Pack sold by Techkeys as shown in mashby's post). Samwisekoi also posted one he made for a sheet of 8x11" and A4 here. Mr. Chunky also has a .pdf.

Q: What lube should I use for stabilizers? Up to FAQ

The_Beast recommends Superlube and says that WASDKeyboard uses the same. WFD uses GPL-205 grease. He also has a video on how to lube the stabilizers here.

Q: I want to use the GeekHack logo. How do I get the logo? Up to FAQ

Krogenar started the GeekHack Logo Thread. There's many designs listed there. The GH Wiki also has two logo styles. If you want to use them, please exercise professional courtesy and inform mkawa and Krogenar that you are using the logos. You technically don't need their permission but mkawa, Krog, and mod/admin crew appreciate it.

Q: I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard. What would you (CPTBadAss) recommend? Up to FAQ
I personally (CPTBadAss) would recommend you pick the size and switches you like first. Check out this link for more info on switches. For beginners, I recommend Cherry MX. Then do you want full size, TKL, or 60%? Those are the most common options. For fullsize, I recommend CoolerMaster QuickFire Storm or XT. For TKL, CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid. And for 60%, I suggest Poker II or Poker X. You can also check out this buying guide from the reddit /r/mechanicalkeyboards Wiki.

Q: Is there a list of vendors where I can buy keycaps from? Up to FAQ
Yes, see this thread made by Quardah. It's pretty comprehensive.

Q: What is the actual measurement of a 6x or 6u spacebar? Up to FAQ
Check out this post from Damorgue for a more detailed explanation. 1x = 1u = 1 unit = 19.05mm. Remember that this distance is from key center to key center. See jacobolus' post for more info.

Q: What is a Moogle kit? What is a Tsangan kit? Up to FAQ
Check out this post from jdcarpe, this post from Photekq, and my follow up post. You'll need to read those posts before this reference picture from dubsgalore makes sense. Another good reference for a Tsangan kit is Mr. Chunky's Keycap Layout Guide. A full moogle set could  look something like this WYSE moogle from eth0s. A full Tsangan kit would look something like this thread from Hashbaz and the keyboard would look like this board from MMB.

Q: Is there a list of Cherry switch part numbers? Up to FAQ
Check this post from Spamray out. The Deskthority wiki and Cherry's website also has the part numbers.

Q: Is there a quick primer on what mechanical keyboards are and a basic explanation of the different types out there? Up to FAQ
Check out this entry from the GH wiki. You can then check out the links in Lastpilot’s Switch Review Directory.

Q: What is a Click Clack keycap (or a Clack/CC)? Up to FAQ

Check out the Clack Info Thread and Clack Wiki article. You can also check out the Post your Clacks thread and ClackFactory's 4Grabs thread.

Q: The switches in my keyboard feel different than the same switches in another keyboard. Why? Up to FAQ
Check out this post.

Q: Is there any information on o-rings/soft-landing pads/dampeners? Up to FAQ
Check out this writeup. And I’ve also posted a review here.

Q: Is there any information on how different switches sound? Up to FAQ
Check out Mr. Interface's website. Click on sim on the right and you can test out how keyboards sound. Just start typing. You can find a similar Model M simulation from Webwit here. Mr. Interface's site also has pictures and YouTube reviews all his keyboards. Mr. Interface is a Deskthority member who organizes switch try or "Try before you buy" stuff on Deskthority. Just a heads up, Mr. Interface's website can be very taxing on your browser.

Q: Is there a glossary for common abbreviations? Up to FAQ
Check out this thread.

Q: Is there a guide on the different keycap set colors? Up to FAQ
Check out this thread.

Q: I need to find more info on a keyboard/switch. Are there some sources I can look through? Up to FAQ
Check out this list listed in the DT wiki.. There's a lot of information on vintage switches in particular. Also the Deskthority Wiki is my personal go to for information.

Q: Is there a post about the different keycap material types?Up to FAQ
Check out this post in the DT wiki.

Q: What is a price estimate if I want to build my own custom keyboard? Up to FAQ
This post is a start but I highly suggested checking out Making Stuff Together to see what others have done.

Q: I found a G81-XXXX keyboard for sale. Can I use them with MX switches? Up to FAQ
G81-XXXX keyboards have MY switches. However, MY and MX switches have the same mount so you can use the caps interchangably. I use this DT Wiki article "Cherry Article Numbers" to determine what the keycaps are for both G81-XXXX and G80-XXXX keyboards.

Q: How do I restore a vintage keyboard?[/iurl][/size]
This video from The 8-Bit Guy and BlueBär's video do a really good job describing how to clean keyboards. The 8-Bit Guy's keyboard also shows how to retro-bright.[/list]

Never.

mod edit: hid the page-stretching quote
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:45:45 by user 18 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:08:14 »
That's a very nice collection :) And I remember that faceU, is the first custom keyboard I have ever built :)
When I get some spare time I have to present my collection too, but first I have to finish all the builds I have planned.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:11:24 »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:32:34 »

Never.

<3 <3
I have to agree, I have a Topre (HHKB) I love it but I love my MX Boards more :)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 10:45:06 »

Never.

<3 <3
I have to agree, I have a Topre (HHKB) I love it but I love my MX Boards more :)

Oh you, am planning to grab a HHKB myself for work/work-travel
But I'm sure I would still love my clicky boards, and buttery smooth blacks

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 11:28:57 »
I've gotta say, you have summer beautiful boards. I would personally never be able to use them, but they look great.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:19:16 »
#1 French collection
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 13:01:10 »

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 13:58:34 »
What's your opinion on an "end game" board? Does such board even exist at all lol

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 15:15:03 »
That's a very nice collection :) And I remember that faceU, is the first custom keyboard I have ever built :)
When I get some spare time I have to present my collection too, but first I have to finish all the builds I have planned.

It was also my first custom, the mx blacks in this board are so damn great.

What's your opinion on an "end game" board? Does such board even exist at all lol

I could sell all my collection and keep SQ only. I just like to collect.
And well G80-5000 because Vintages Browns are beyond fabulous.

ps: just noticed I forgot to include take pictures of the B.face HHKB layout, we can even see it on the first collection pictures :x

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 15:29:08 »
Dankest collection EU.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 18:16:01 »
Is that rabbit in your profile picture yours? I want to pat it.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 00:29:28 »
Jelly :p lots of good stuff there!

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline dutC4

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 01:15:38 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 14:58:57 by dutC4 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 01:38:04 »
Impressive collection!

I don't think I've seen that many ISO keyboards in one place at one time before.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 03:32:49 »
Looking good rabbit

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 04:09:32 »
Very impressive with old cherry boards  :p :p

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 06:48:01 »
Love your collection!

You may not remember me but when I first got into mechs I sent you a email to buy your blank RBG mods! I am finally an active on this forum now! :D
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:11:27 »
Awesome collection you have there! :thumb:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:14:56 »
Too bad you have no real keyboard yet aka ANSI
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:22:47 »
Love your collection!

You may not remember me but when I first got into mechs I sent you a email to buy your blank RBG mods! I am finally an active on this forum now! :D
You're probably talking about RGB poker mods, I do remember selling them. I don't the buyer, so hi :)

No rabbit to declare on my apartment.

Betrayer of your country, I shall stand strong against the ANSI dictature.

Thanks to you guys for the comments, non ANSI life is possible.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:24:25 by azhdar »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline jaffers

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:24:38 »

What does that mean

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 07:27:18 »

What does that mean
That I don't have a rabbit
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 10:02:01 »

I wish there was an ISO layout for my language so I could defend it :( But while in theory there is one, the reality is that except for some rare lasered this caps from Cherry you can't find anything but rubberdomes. So I have to live with ANSI :(
Maybe one day I, by some miracle I'll get Ț,ș,â,ă ,î written on my caps ... 

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 02:18:44 »
Azerty! Azerty!

great looking boards :)
love the LZ-SQ

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 02:34:38 »
Love your collection!

You're probably talking about RGB poker mods, I do remember selling them. I don't the buyer, so hi :)

Yup! I was talking about the blank RGB Poker II mods! Thanks again for my first keycap purchase(:
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 06:21:15 »
Wow awesome collection man.

The more I see of the Redscarfs, the more I like them.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 23:25:47 »
Everytime I see that SQ
I feel that I know my doppelganger, in taste

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 06:29:51 »
Impression French collection

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 08:50:01 »
That is very nice.... if you ever sell anything off there are so many caps in there that I want. Those Brazilian caps are very appealing.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:50:10 »
That is very nice.... if you ever sell anything off there are so many caps in there that I want. Those Brazilian caps are very appealing.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 05:40:30 »
09/02/2016 Update,

I received some items lately and some other were just forgotten last shot.

GMK trays v2 from originative

I already liked V1 for storage, V2 nubs makes it even better.

Not a new keyboard but the Gon Nerd60 changed face with dyesubs and RGBYK

The Viper I received this summer, sadly I have never type on it since no ISO, hopefully we can make this keyboard great again someday.

Hammer case, green alps, hasu 60% pcb and azerty alps dyesubs

This will be my first experience with alps, when I got the opportunity to get those NIB azerty alps dyesubs I couldn't pass on it, then I had to figure where to use them. soon™

slightly better pic :

And last but not least the TGR Jane-CE, azerty dyesubs and Ogre.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:07:46 »
The Viper I received this summer, sadly I have never type on it since no ISO, hopefully we can make this keyboard great again someday.

you gotta be kidding me  :confused: it's perfect please let it be

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Azhdar's current collection 09/02/2016 Update
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:09:05 »
yee the king has returned
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:18:37 »
The rabbit does not listen to reason.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:22:24 »

Literally unusable, almost sprained my ring finger when pressing this weird Enter key
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:26:00 »

Literally unusable, almost sprained my ring finger when pressing this weird Enter key

There's your problem "ring finger" it's not the board its you.
Crepê búnny you gotta use your pinky.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:28:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This will be my first experience with alps, when I got the opportunity to get those NIB azerty alps dyesubs I couldn't pass on it, then I had to figure where to use them. soon™

Very nice Alps stuff, those caps use Acer stabs i think, what do you plan on using for a plate?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:30:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice Alps stuff, those caps use Acer stabs i think, what do you plan on using for a plate?

That's a very good question, I'll be making a make stuff together thread so we can brainstorm a solution with Alps expert
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:39:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's a very good question, I'll be making a make stuff together thread so we can brainstorm a solution with Alps expert

I have some ANSI and ISO Acer dyesubs also, the only solution i can think of is to get a plate made with Acer style stabs. When i attempt to install the Acer stabilized keys into a plate with traditional Alps stab mounts the wire with the Acer caps doesnt align. Some Acer stab plates would be awesome though.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 11:47:34 »

possible update to come someday
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 01:42:39 »
Show Image

possible update to come someday

Sick adds to your collection!!
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno