Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 924453 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #750 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 07:38:36 »
I've been out of the keyboard business for a while, but atm I'm a bit money strapped, and I still have a 3D MX CC lying around. Can someone give me a valuation or maybe even an offer?
Make a thread about it, this isn't a market place fyi but it would prob be a bit over 100
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #751 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 12:50:28 »
Does anyone know how much a gummyrot skull is worth? they hold my interest

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #752 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 16:16:06 »
slightly below 200

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #753 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 17:03:33 »
slightly below 200
Thanks

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #754 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:35:32 »
Would it be safe to assume Trophy Gold is around 175-200?

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #755 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:40:15 »
No

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #756 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:40:31 »

Not at all

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #757 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:42:10 »

Not at all

No

Hm, alright. I was just curious. I'm guessing lower then.

Thanks guys ~

Offline Belfong

« Reply #758 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 18:31:58 »
already?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 18:45:35 »

Haha, no worries my friend Belfong.

I'm not looking to sell! I was just trying to get an idea for the value.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #760 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 18:53:06 »

trophy gold seems to be pretty rare so far.  maybe like 4 or 5?  more could pop up with clackvent, though.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #761 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 19:00:15 »

trophy gold seems to be pretty rare so far.  maybe like 4 or 5?  more could pop up with clackvent, though.

Yeah not much came up by searching. I'm curious to see other owners through the clackvent!

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #762 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 16:09:36 »
What do you guys think a Julysicle CC and a Hack Orange CC are worth?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #763 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 20:27:17 »
Got an MX darkside here, what do people think it's worth? I'm hoping I can trade it for an OG or a Jack.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #764 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 20:32:43 »
What do you guys think a Julysicle CC and a Hack Orange CC are worth?

Well, my HO sold for $30.

Got an MX darkside here, what do people think it's worth? I'm hoping I can trade it for an OG or a Jack.

It's worth at least a quokka, if not an emu.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #765 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 05:56:33 »
it's not worth that much, it's worth like a bi skull

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #766 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 04:22:39 »
Aren't they fairly rare though?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #767 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 04:24:31 »
Not really I'm afraid. I can easily go get a darkside for 200$ (I know atleast 2). Jacks and OGs have also become more rare, since the collectors rarely part with tricolors. Sad but true :(

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #768 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 15:58:09 »
Whats the trade value for a candycorn WASD set?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #769 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 09:31:03 »
What's a reasonable price for a depth black topre CC?

It's on my bucket list of clarks.  :)

Offline TheBinary

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 20:00:18 »
Whats the trade value for a candycorn WASD set?

Trade value should be relatively high - especially compared to the other far more common 'blank' set; Mint Gum (WASD, Arrows, Skull, & 'ESC' Black = "full set"). Several collectors are particularly fond of Candycorn - getting Candycorn FN (Topre), Arrows or WASD set (either switch type) & for these collectors finding one of the rarer Candycorn set/items is a considerable 'score'. I've personally hunted for a  set of Candycorn Arrows & Topre Candycorn Fn Blank for quite some time. I had 1 chance where I was very close to securing a Candycorn Fn for good/fair 'resale market' price but sadly the friend of mine who acquired it ended up selling it to another friend (I was just a few hours late in reply - and so that Fn went to another well known Geekhacker).

In short, if you are looking for a Candycorn set item - Good luck; they exist but in small number & those are sought after by a good number of collectors.

Alternatively if you have a Candycorn WASD set & that's why you're inquiring as to trade value - then I have to say the value varies depending on who you are trading with. Certain collectors addicted to Candycorn might trade a relatively high-end Skull for the set (or multiple more common Clacks) - but not everyone would consider a set of "blanks" to have the same value. Certain collectors want to get Skulls, others have their sights set on particular colors or multi-colors etc. (either due to rarity, personal preference, or any other reason).

Basically most collectors I know would be interested in a Candycorn set, the WASD is nice but not the most sought after Candycorn creation, but it is still a piece of the set many would like to own. If you find the right person who is a Candycorn fan you would likely score a very nice trade in return for the Candycorn WASD set.

If you have any additional questions or would like more detail on what "trade value" they might have feel free to PM me. You can also post a reply in this thread, but I can't promise I will see that a quickly as a PM.

I hope this has been of some help to you sir.  :thumb:

Offline TheBinary

« Reply #771 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 20:10:01 »

Signature is correct in the reply he provided you. When I first started collecting Darkside was very hard to find (for sale or trade), however in the last couple years the trade value or price has gone down and there seem to be some more Darksides out there than in the past. I also can back up Signature in that I am aware of several Darkside's going for $200 and in some cases in the last 6 months a few went for even less (I know of a $175 sale & I believe one that was traded @ a "special friend rate" for a Clack in the $150 range).

It appears Clack may have released more of these, I'm not saying a ton of them are out there - but it is a known fact that certain board members received Darkside's in the last year for the man himself where previously there only seemed to be "old stock" or "original production run" Darksides available and they were not Clacks that people wanted to past with a couple years ago. That has changed and it seems many more individuals now own a Darkside, or at least the original  owners started selling and trading them.

I hope this is helpful to you sir.  :thumb:

Edit: I forgot to reply to your original question - I'm sorry but trading a Darkside for an OG or Jack is basically impossible. OG & Jack are both very very popular Clacks and people seldom part with them. With the number of Darksides that have been traded or sold recently I'm afraid to inform you that the trade value for an OG/Jack is at least double Darkside in the cases I am aware of. I've had people offer me one or more of their limbs for Jack - He's beautiful and extremely hard to pick up. The owners who have them generally never want to part with them (myself included).
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2015, 20:16:40 by TheBinary »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #772 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:16:47 »
How rare are single-color blue BS Clacks? I know there're a few Globe Blue out there, maybe some F2's?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #773 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:18:50 »
How rare are single-color blue BS Clacks? I know there're a few Globe Blue out there, maybe some F2's?
Ionospheres too from the RWB sale.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline melt

• check out my Instagram!
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 01:09:56 »
Someone here is asking $250 for a revenge red topre. Reasonable or rediculous? Whats the going rate for one these days?
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 01:12:50 by melt »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 01:14:38 »
Someone here is asking $250 for a revenge red topre. Reasonable or rediculous? Whats the going rate for one these days?

Too high IMO. People will point at eBay prices and say that it's fair though.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #776 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 01:17:31 »

Too high IMO. People will point at eBay prices and say that it's fair though.

revenge red is semi-common and used to be around $130-150.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #777 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 09:23:45 »
Do people find this thread useful? All I see really is mild bickering and trolling, with some people looking for PM offers...

I'm considering closing the thread and archiving it. Seems the standard response to "What is my _____ Clack worth?" should be "Check eBay completed auctions."
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 09:27:14 »

Do people find this thread useful? All I see really is mild bickering and trolling, with some people looking for PM offers...

I'm considering closing the thread and archiving it. Seems the standard response to "What is my _____ Clack worth?" should be "Check eBay completed auctions."
It somewhat is, but when the reply is check the first page or something, it isn't very helpful as clack prices have changed a lot since this thread was made

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 09:39:09 »
If this is closed it will just move back over to the price check thread.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 21:21:58 »

There is a lot of bickering, to be expected in a controversial topic like Clack prices.

I find it useful - there are usually a few valuable responses when someone asks about a particular Clack.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #781 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 01:22:58 »
This is more of a clack price venting thread. Speaking of which, I've gotten offers to buy caps that I don't even own.  :confused:

We have the Clack therapy thread for that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #782 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 10:56:06 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #783 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 10:59:26 »

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #784 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 17:14:49 »
How much do clack birds go for? Specifically the bluetrabe. Just wondering
Ayy Lmao

WTB/T: Dollys, Conspires, Ribbits, anything purple, coffee gear

WTS/T: Longboarding gear

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #785 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 18:23:22 »

I've seen Bluetard go for over $200, but I always say retail price.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #786 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 18:25:20 »

I've seen Bluetard go for over $200, but I always say retail price.

I think you mean "bluetrabe", silly nubs!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #787 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 23:26:05 »
back on topic: how much for my super duper rare rainbow Dark Side please?
no, it's not for trade.
Sales only enquiry!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #788 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 05:38:59 »
This thread has already nearly been locked, carrying on like this will only make that a certainty.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #789 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:11:20 »
what  are the current prices for topre blank solid colors?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #790 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:29:39 »
~$75-$100.

Common colors like mint gum would be worth a little less.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #791 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:50:37 »
~$75-$100.

what is considered common / uncommon?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #792 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:01:13 »
~$75-$100.

Uncommon (3 of each according to 4grabs thread):

More common:
mint gum
p1 purple

I feel like there is another common one I'm forgetting so if someone knows it please correct me. There are probably other colors made, but that was the only image I could find in the 4grabs thread.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #793 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:09:14 »
~$75-$100.

Uncommon (3 of each according to 4grabs thread):
Show Image

More common:
mint gum
p1 purple

I feel like there is another common one I'm forgetting so if someone knows it please correct me. There are probably other colors made, but that was the only image I could find in the 4grabs thread.

hmm ok. i expected there to be more than 3 of some of those considering the matching fn keys are so hard to find.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #794 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 14:57:27 »
Okay, I'm unlocking the thread, but keep discussion on topic, please.

From the OP:

Any out-of-scope discussion will very likely be moderated out of this thread. You have been warned.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #795 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:14:13 »
What do you guys think would be current market value for Freedom Eagle? MX Salute?

I haven't been following eBay auction prices or reddit. :(

in memoriam

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #796 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:17:16 »
What do you guys think would be current market value for Freedom Eagle? MX Salute?

Honestly, I think a salute could hit $500-700 on eBay, no idea about the eagle. Would love the original eagle, sadly I bet it costs more than the $150(I think it was originally).

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #797 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:26:10 »
I'd def think salute would hit $400. 5-7 is pushing it. He only released it once, right? July after was slushy stuff? Then the eagles?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #798 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:26:36 »

If you would milk it I would say: 600 ea

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #799 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:27:35 »
I'd def think salute would hit $400. 5-7 is pushing it. He only released it once, right? July after was slushy stuff? Then the eagles?

I'm just comparing it to the recent $700 OG and how I seem to see more OG than Salutes in the wild now.