Author Topic: NOOIR Studio - K1  (Read 3636 times)

Offline KeebClack

NOOIR Studio - K1
« on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 07:49:27 »

Klavier—K1
by Nooir
Vendor by Keebclack

Inspiration
Design 
Wing Suspension System
Product Basic Parameters
Colorway
Specification

Inspiration

Allow me to introduce our studio's first product, named 'Klavier,' inspired by the classical music term for keyboard instruments, especially pianos.

When we came across this still from Prometheus during the design process, our souls were profoundly shaken, so we decided to create a keyboard as elegant as a piano.

Design

Integration of the palm rest with the keyboard body provides a more expansive design space for the main visual area. Bold segmentation in the design imparts a strong modernist style.
A large area is adorned with a black mirror finish, reminiscent of the surface of a piano, thereby recreating its unique ambiance.

While the keycap version depicted is not the final selection, we will offer an unmarked version of keycaps, inspired by the unmarked keys of a piano, aiming to create an ultimate design language.

The bottom of the keyboard draws inspiration from the internal structure of a piano. When flipped over, it resembles the lid of a grand piano.

On the metal mirror plaque on the back, we engraved a Latin motto that has inspired our team for a long time, and we hope to extend this sentiment to all players who supported us from the beginning:

"Per aspera ad astra" - Through hardships to the stars
This serves as a special mark for our brand's inaugural product.

To enhance the user experience for the palm rest, we have customized a dedicated leather pad, as shown in the diagram.

Wing Suspension System

Traditionally, the concept of mechanics in mechanical keyboards revolves around mechanical switches. When conceptualizing this keyboard, we aimed to imbue the keyboard itself with a certain mechanical functionality and aesthetic. Thus, we introduce a new structural design called "WING."

The overall structural design is composed of our improved scissor structure, combined with customized pneumatic cylinder bolts.

The structural design aims to optimize the consistency of the positioning plate's soft rebound, achieving maximum consistency while maintaining the advantages of both GAS and TOP.
The entire structure is joined by a central beam, ensuring that when pressure is applied to the positioning plate, the force is evenly distributed through the scissor structure to the bottom pneumatic cylinder bolts. Simultaneously, the pushback force generated by the pneumatic cylinder bolts also acts uniformly on the entire positioning plate, ensuring consistency in elasticity.

Colorway

In the first round of the GB, we will offer two surface treatment options, namely black PVD and black anodized versions.

Product Basic Parameters

Dimensions: 310*190*50 mm
Single-mode PCB
PCB Thickness: 1.6 mm
Supports VIA key remapping
PCB Satellite Axis (not compatible with steel axis)
Single white backlight (adjustable)
68 key layout
9° slope
Front height: 9 (including footpad height)
Self-developed structure with WING inner cavity
Keyboard weight: approximately 10 pounds (including keyboard case)

Fill in Interest Check Form:

Join KeebClack’s Discord for latest update:

Offline spingo

Re: NOOIR Studio - K1
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 March 2024, 07:39:44 »
Man you guys are pumping out some unique boards. Bravo. Will this one allow us to opt out of the script engraving like you mentioned about the N1?

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 March 2024, 12:12:55 »
I wanted to wait until lots of people wrote lots of positive things about this board before writing this, but I don't want to wait any longer.

There's nothing positive I can say that you don't already know; the board looks gorgeous and the mechanics are awesome, I really want to type on it. Well done.

However, I feel I have to say that pneumatic cylinders can fail quite often. You should sell replacement ones, or a 4x heavy spring alternative set that can be bought alongside the board, or even included. Either that, or the cylinders should be a standardized part so they can be sourced by anyone, 10-15 years from now.

Or, you should release technical drawings of the cylinder, so that it can be made again.

Also, please change the entire board to be a hhkb 60% :-P

Thank you
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Akele

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 March 2024, 18:05:28 »
Looks great, albeit I'm not a fan of the "Per aspera ad astra" scrip on the back. It's a bit cliche and tacky. Other than that the design looks stunning.

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 21:15:28 »
As a pianist, take my money!!!!!!
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline sauvieng

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 04:31:02 »
stunning board

Offline J_Noes

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 05:25:58 »
Can’t wait for this one.

Just please remove the metal strip from the front of the wrist pad for cold mornings

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 18:14:42 »
amazing looking board, but im not sure how i feel about the leather wrist rest. Any idea on when the gb for this will start and rough lead times?

Offline NOOIR_Li

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 21:44:16 »
Man you guys are pumping out some unique boards. Bravo. Will this one allow us to opt out of the script engraving like you mentioned about the N1?
THX! Sure np, you can choose the backplate with or without Latin scrip. Some of the Engraved script on the front were customised, will not be on the brand-new keyboard.

Offline NOOIR_Li

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 22:18:50 »
Can’t wait for this one.

Just please remove the metal strip from the front of the wrist pad for cold mornings
Thanks for the idea. The metal on the leather wrist pad is made of thin nickel (not a steel plate), so it won't be very cold. We've tried it before. The magnetic leather wrist pad is meant to make the keyboard more comfortable in winter.

Offline NOOIR_Li

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 22:25:59 »
amazing looking board, but im not sure how i feel about the leather wrist rest. Any idea on when the gb for this will start and rough lead times?

Thanks. The GB is on the way, it might be next month.

Offline G

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 23:13:11 »
That is one very low front height :p Gaudy and pretentious, sure, but at least it isn't another gasket 65 with top-right blocker ;D
Unsure if this is going to appeal to the gh crowd, but I do think you'll be able to find SOMEONE who likes it, maybe try Reddit.

GLWB!
Typing on a: Lynn Montage | Cherry MX Red | Top Mounted Aluminum Plate | Cherry 3000SAV dye-sub