Author Topic: What kind of keycaps fit the blackwidow?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Valcore

What kind of keycaps fit the blackwidow?
« on: Sun, 08 January 2012, 14:53:19 »
I'm interested in buying keycaps from someone from Geekhack, but I don't know which ones fit with the Blackwidow.

PM me if you're interested in selling me some keycaps that's compatible with the BW.

thanks! :frog:

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 05:40:56 »
Anything will fit as they vare standard except for a spacebar if you get a new spacebar and want it to fit pm me and i can do the mod.

Offline Human

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 08:45:45 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;486504
Anything will fit as they vare standard except for a spacebar if you get a new spacebar and want it to fit pm me and i can do the mod.
Not really, just found out that their Ctrl, Alt are also nonstandard size(following the size of "Tab" and "|\"). Those few keycaps which following Cherry Profile(like noppoo choc mini, KBC POM and of course Cherry themself) are slightly "shorter"(in height) than Razer's original keycaps too. Though if you using the keycaps for the whole boards, it will be just fine.
KBC POM

BTW, how do you modifier a normal spacebar to fit Razer BWU? AFAIK, the one on Razer is shorter in length?

Offline Valcore

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 20:07:11 »
thanks for the replies.

I actually did try and search but the posts in the other threads we're kind of confusing so I didn't know what to get so I made my own thread