Author Topic: GH key caps  (Read 4325 times)

Offline bMind

GH key caps
« on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 14:03:56 »
While looking for inspiration and browsing through 'What did you add to your Keyboard today?' thread I've seen many of you have GeekHack caps, either Esc key or letters G and H. Can I get those somewhere? :) My first mech is on it's way and I would like to pimp it up with some GH love when it arrives :)
in flames we trust..

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: GH key caps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 14:09:36 »
There was a time where you could get a new GH cap every month in a rolling GroupBuy. Geekhack caps can now be found in various keycap group buys such as Raindrop and Klaxon. Techkeys, Keypop, and QWERKeycaps also carry GH caps. More info can be found here.

And in the future, you can use Simple Questions Simple Answers to ask a quick question instead of starting a whole new topic to ask a question ^__^.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 14:11:14 »
Take a look at this pearltree of mine. Techkeys used to have them and various other people did groupbuys. I have a few different ones.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline bMind

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 14:27:08 »
There was a time where you could get a new GH cap every month in a rolling GroupBuy. Geekhack caps can now be found in various keycap group buys such as Raindrop and Klaxon. Techkeys, Keypop, and QWERKeycaps also carry GH caps. More info can be found here.

And in the future, you can use Simple Questions Simple Answers to ask a quick question instead of starting a whole new topic to ask a question ^__^.

Sorry, thought this will be more complicated answer.

Take a look at this pearltree of mine. Techkeys used to have them and various other people did groupbuys. I have a few different ones.

Thanks.
in flames we trust..

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 14:27:50 »
No need to apologize, just a suggestion :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:29:44 »
You might find them in SP Crap Bags every 6 months or so.

They pop up occasionally in Classifieds (this is the best bet for the older ones).

Many custom sets include GH keys to match the set.

Techkeys used to do custom ones from time to time (and might be starting this up again - here's hoping!).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bMind

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:29:29 »
Thanks rowdy, I'll be on lookout for those :) You're not true GH member without GH caps! ;D
in flames we trust..

Offline shawn o

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 17:24:05 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:38:49 by shawn o »

Offline bMind

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:31:07 »
Awww..unlucky me! :/
in flames we trust..

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 18:52:14 »
I just sold these all a few days ago for $20....

Show Image

Really? Dam, I would have paid more for all of those

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 19:41:03 »
I would have paid more for all of those

Wait, what?

Tears or sour grapes about lower prices in the past?

This breaks sellers' hearts even more than it breaks buyers' hearts.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 20:28:25 »
I would have paid more for all of those

Wait, what?

Tears or sour grapes about lower prices in the past?

This breaks sellers' hearts even more than it breaks buyers' hearts.

Been looking for GH keys for a while. Tried getting the two from the miami GB, but it would cost $5+$5 for shipping. That is 23 keys, including 3 modifier keys. For $20, thats less than $1 a cap for new ones, and even the lowest price I've found so far for keys is $1 from metal for used ones that he didn't like anymore

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 20:44:01 »
Best bet for GH keys is to just ask people with Crap bags, I've managed to get my hands on a number of them that way.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 01:45:39 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 01:47:28 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline bMind

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 04:39:13 »
Thanks for the tips :)
in flames we trust..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 17:53:01 »
Thanks for the tips :)

bro pm me I'll send you a couple geekhack keys for free!

Offline bMind

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 05:01:07 »

Wait what? :eek:

It's funny that I will have keycaps and not a keyboard (Filco was cancelled)..but..I'm over it..it even makes me laugh after all this time ;D
in flames we trust..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 05:03:27 »

It's funny that I will have keycaps and not a keyboard (Filco was cancelled)..but..I'm over it..it even makes me laugh after all this time ;D

I hope you're getting a board still!

Offline bMind

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 08:09:09 »
I hope you're getting a board still!

Yep, just still not sure what will it be..
in flames we trust..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:41:23 »

Heh my daughter is in that situation - she has about 30 novelty keycaps and no board (until I can checkout a spare Trigger I have and see if it will work for her).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bMind

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 18:03:27 »
I think you got me addicted even without having a board :/ To caps..to keyboards..

Damn you..damn you my wallet screams..
in flames we trust..