Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 299777 times)

Offline cattharsis

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 15:50:55 »
super excited, cant wait to spend all my money on this :)

Offline ParkYongSeung

« Reply #601 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 09:28:08 »
When does it start? GB

i’m Ready ;D

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #602 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 09:33:21 »
When does it start? GB

i’m Ready ;D

From Oblotzky on the first page of the IC:

New GMK Oblivion on Massdrop end of Q2 2019.

Offline Puffiin

« Reply #603 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 09:36:17 »
Can't wait!  ;D

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #604 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 10:41:34 »
I'm relatively new to the community, and this is the first time I've participated in an IC. Oblivion is exactly the aesthetic I'm going for; I'd buy a V1 set but they're hard to come by and people want a ton for them. I've read the entire thread to try and understand the different factors involved in a GB like this.

My goal is to have an Oblivion set very much like V1 -- with the colored normal (non-git) mods. I know Git, but don't really want it all over my keyboard. Seems like there are a lot of people in the thread who feel this way. The colorway is fantastic though.

So I realize I'll probably have to buy the base kit + the normal modifiers set, given the current design. That's OK I suppose, because it seems like there's plenty of people with V1 that just want the Git mods. I'll sell mine to you!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #605 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 11:43:01 »
I think if enough member bring it up, git mods can be a separrate kit and base comes with original mods (coloured legends). IF Oblotzky feels like it, as he mentioned in his initial posts that this is not a R2 but a V2, with different vision than to just repeat of R1.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #606 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 12:08:38 »
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I really dislike the fact that the Harogomo Cadet set isn't a full alpha set.  It is somewhat understandable for Oblivion Cadet to be just the letters without the number row since you'd have to pair it with the base kit anyway, but Harogomo Cadet doesn't pair with the base kit -- if anyone wants a Harogomo Cadet board, they will have to buy Harogomo Alphas plus Harogomo Cadet plus either the base kit or a kit of mods.

I totally get where you are coming from in making the Cadet kits kind of like a set of "novelties", I just think in the case of Harogomo it doesn't work right (unless there was a second base kit for Harogomo).

Offline sl70309

« Reply #607 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 12:20:47 »
I think if enough member bring it up, git mods can be a separrate kit and base comes with original mods (coloured legends). IF Oblotzky feels like it, as he mentioned in his initial posts that this is not a R2 but a V2, with different vision than to just repeat of R1.

Many people don't know where "Git" inspired from, "Git" is related to programmer/developer, and i think this is what he wanted to express at the beginning of this keyset design as i am pretty sure Oblotzky is a programmer/developer. Anyway, i am 100% thumb up on having Git mod as base kit.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 12:41:51 »
I get the feeling GMK Laser was the last time i am ever going to get a GMK Colemak kit, but something is seriously wrong with me to spend so much money on that small kit when i can touch type Colemak and I usually dual-layout my keyboards if I do need to hunt and peck my keys (for passwords etc).

This is really tight.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 12:49:53 »
Colevrak and NorDeUK: I don't want to really. ... I will talk with GMK and Yanbo, and possibly offer these kits with an MOQ of 50, and if by the time the drop is halfway over and these kits not having hit at least 75% MOQ, I'll probably just cancel them then and there already.

Thank you for considering to include these two niche kits.  I hope you do.  As long as their MOQ's are enforced, I don't see any harm in offering them and letting them stay through the end.

To increase their chances, encourage interested parties to keep their orders through the end of the drop by stating Massdrop's policy in the Overview's blue box: if any of the kits in their order aren't made, they will have the option to modify or cancel their order AFTER the drop ends.  How many GMK Carbon kit orders were canceled near the end (see the order history graph here) because this policy isn't widely known?
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2019, 13:18:31 by dvorcol »

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 21:02:14 »

Many people don't know where "Git" inspired from, "Git" is related to programmer/developer, and i think this is what he wanted to express at the beginning of this keyset design as i am pretty sure Oblotzky is a programmer/developer. Anyway, i am 100% thumb up on having Git mod as base kit.

Agreed. I want the Git mods and the colored mods. I was thinking I might mix up a little. Maybe use colored mods, but with Git "commit" instead of "enter". I'm pretty sure I'll buy every set. People still use v1 all the time. I'm sure I'll have this set for years. Who knows what kind of weirdo layout I might want to use two years down the road? Better to have everything, just in case.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #611 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 00:52:33 »
I get the feeling GMK Laser was the last time i am ever going to get a GMK Colemak kit, but something is seriously wrong with me to spend so much money on that small kit when i can touch type Colemak and I usually dual-layout my keyboards if I do need to hunt and peck my keys (for passwords etc).

This is really tight.

It does seem that even the big sets (not singling out Oblivion here) are on the fence with Colevrak kits lately, if not just ignoring them entirely. Which is fine, its their sets, but given they always get made anyway, I'm not sure what the big deal is about including them...?
I like that MT3 drops seem to have a big Colevrak kit (with support for a bunch of other layouts too) as standard now.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2019, 00:54:36 by sevenseacat »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #612 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 03:17:05 »

This is really tight.

It does seem that even the big sets (not singling out Oblivion here) are on the fence with Colevrak kits lately, if not just ignoring them entirely. Which is fine, its their sets, but given they always get made anyway, I'm not sure what the big deal is about including them...?
I like that MT3 drops seem to have a big Colevrak kit (with support for a bunch of other layouts too) as standard now.
We always end up looking like the *******s for wanting the kit; nobody has ever done offered it with smile (maybe mito is the exception). And when it has been produced well below MOQ everyone has been salty about it . I've just about given up hope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #613 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 04:18:59 »
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I really dislike the fact that the Harogomo Cadet set isn't a full alpha set.  It is somewhat understandable for Oblivion Cadet to be just the letters without the number row since you'd have to pair it with the base kit anyway, but Harogomo Cadet doesn't pair with the base kit -- if anyone wants a Harogomo Cadet board, they will have to buy Harogomo Alphas plus Harogomo Cadet plus either the base kit or a kit of mods.

I totally get where you are coming from in making the Cadet kits kind of like a set of "novelties", I just think in the case of Harogomo it doesn't work right (unless there was a second base kit for Harogomo).

I fully agree and am thinking about that one for the next update.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #614 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 21:58:57 »
Really liking the way these kits are shaping up  :thumb:

I'm excited as hell for this GB but my bank account certainly isnt.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #615 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 04:21:21 »
I would gladly purchase a set , when can I expect to be able to purchase these?

Read the very first page of the IC. Massdrop end of Q2 2019.

LOL

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #616 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:43:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The way that these kits are now, if I want the base kit as it was the first round with monochrome mods I have to buy a git base kit, the regular modifiers and then I need to toss in the monochrome mods as well.

I know these are constantly changing, but you just lost any sort of interest I had in purchasing as I'm not buying three kits to get the set I would like to have.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2019, 05:45:12 by wholypantalones »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #617 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 06:00:59 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The way that these kits are now, if I want the base kit as it was the first round with monochrome mods I have to buy a git base kit, the regular modifiers and then I need to toss in the monochrome mods as well.

I know these are constantly changing, but you just lost any sort of interest I had in purchasing as I'm not buying three kits to get the set I would like to have.

Any way I change the kits, there will always be a person that has to buy an unreasonable amount of kits to get exactly what they want, but it's just not feasible. People that want both regular and monochrome mods with just a single set of alphas are simply too rare. I have to consider what is the best structure for most people, not a very few. Sorry if that means a pass from you.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #618 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 06:06:01 »
Any way I change the kits, there will always be a person that has to buy an unreasonable amount of kits to get exactly what they want, but it's just not feasible. People that want both regular and monochrome mods with just a single set of alphas are simply too rare. I have to consider what is the best structure for most people, not a very few. Sorry if that means a pass from you.

Out of curiosity:

Why aren’t the GMK keycap kits more granular? E.g. alphas kit + mods kit + novelties + numpad kit, etc.

That way everyone could just get a set they like. Any particular reason why this isn’t done like the popular DSA/XDA kits?

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #619 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 06:08:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you Oblotzky for sticking by the decision to have git mods remain in the base kit for the majority average users. The majority satisfied ones are often silent.  :thumb:

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #620 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 06:48:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you Oblotzky for sticking by the decision to have git mods remain in the base kit for the majority average users. The majority satisfied ones are often silent.  :thumb:

+1 Git mods are awesome and repeating v1 is boring.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #621 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 07:37:51 »
Git mod +1
I love it.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #622 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 08:08:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm guessing the decision to include the git mods as part of the base kit was because you're pretty sure they likely won't hit MOQ as a separate kit. Considering the best structure for most keyboard enthusiasts, they probably have no idea what git is let alone even use it. I use git every day, but it doesn't mean the git cli commands on modifiers are useful. Sure they look great, but what purpose do they serve? I have to specifically reprogram a layer on my firmware to be able to actually use them or string together some macros. I can just use the .bashrc alias instead, which kind of makes the git modifiers pointless.

My assumption is the vocal majority would want the base kit with the colored mods and monochrome / git mods separate just like v1, but apparently the current replies say otherwise.

Sorry if this comes off harsh or too critical, just throwing my opinion out there.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #623 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 08:09:10 »

Out of curiosity:

Why aren’t the GMK keycap kits more granular? E.g. alphas kit + mods kit + novelties + numpad kit, etc.

That way everyone could just get a set they like. Any particular reason why this isn’t done like the popular DSA/XDA kits?

Easiest to quote myself from earlier in the thread:

I really wish I could just offer the kits split up into a more modular system like how it is done with SA/DSA buys, but that's unfortunately not how GMK operates. For GMK Oblivion R1 I initially wanted to do the same (regular mods, monochrome mods, gray alphas and white alphas) but buying one mods + one alphas would have cost 160$, while as single base kits we were able to offer it for 135$.

While for Signature Plastics sets the total price only increases by a few bucks with each split, it's quite a lot more for GMK.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #624 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:23:52 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm guessing the decision to include the git mods as part of the base kit was because you're pretty sure they likely won't hit MOQ as a separate kit. Considering the best structure for most keyboard enthusiasts, they probably have no idea what git is let alone even use it. I use git every day, but it doesn't mean the git cli commands on modifiers are useful. Sure they look great, but what purpose do they serve? I have to specifically reprogram a layer on my firmware to be able to actually use them or string together some macros. I can just use the .bashrc alias instead, which kind of makes the git modifiers pointless.

My assumption is the vocal majority would want the base kit with the colored mods and monochrome / git mods separate just like v1, but apparently the current replies say otherwise.

Sorry if this comes off harsh or too critical, just throwing my opinion out there.
Agreed, as a programmer I use git and love it as much as the next guy. But, it's just cheesy to have the commands as your keyboard's legends. Those mods should be novelties, and not be forced on everyone as the base kit.

Of course I'll buy it in the end, but it just means I'm forced to buy an extra modifier kit to have the kit I want in the end. And I'd guess if there was a poll somewhere, most buyers would just prefer regular mods.

But that's not a fight I think I'll win, so how about text arrows pls?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #625 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:41:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think they could manage on their own, but as previously stated, I want to do something different with this round instead of simply repeating the first one. MT3 Godspeed didn't have any regular mods at all and people didn't seem too upset about that either.

And I'd guess if there was a poll somewhere, most buyers would just prefer regular mods.

SA Oblivion serves as that poll, 611 Regular vs 418 Git Modifiers. IMO that's a pretty high ratio for 'novelty' modifiers, so I feel confident in putting them straight into the base set for this run.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #626 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 13:08:30 »
What happened to the mono base kit?

Offline Hanks

« Reply #627 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 01:00:13 »
Really interested, unfortunately, GMK can't just make the alpha as an individual kit,  I really want an assembly kit with white alpha.

Offline trg1234

« Reply #628 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 01:24:27 »
I'm relatively new to the community, and this is the first time I've participated in an IC. Oblivion is exactly the aesthetic I'm going for; I'd buy a V1 set but they're hard to come by and people want a ton for them. I've read the entire thread to try and understand the different factors involved in a GB like this.

My goal is to have an Oblivion set very much like V1 -- with the colored normal (non-git) mods. I know Git, but don't really want it all over my keyboard. Seems like there are a lot of people in the thread who feel this way. The colorway is fantastic though.

So I realize I'll probably have to buy the base kit + the normal modifiers set, given the current design. That's OK I suppose, because it seems like there's plenty of people with V1 that just want the Git mods. I'll sell mine to you!

I'm pretty sure other people have brought this up too, but theres two main points that I saw against yours. First is that the people who do want git modifiers are not saying anything most likely because they are satisfied with the status quo. Second, I believe Oblotzky said somewhere that the point of this run is not to be the same as the first one hence v2. Hence the difference.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #629 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 01:37:30 »

Out of curiosity:

Easiest to quote myself from earlier in the thread:

I really wish I could just offer the kits split up into a more modular system like how it is done with SA/DSA buys, but that's unfortunately not how GMK operates. For GMK Oblivion R1 I initially wanted to do the same (regular mods, monochrome mods, gray alphas and white alphas) but buying one mods + one alphas would have cost 160$, while as single base kits we were able to offer it for 135$.

While for Signature Plastics sets the total price only increases by a few bucks with each split, it's quite a lot more for GMK.

Sorry for missing that post and thanks for answering.

Also thanks for bringing the Git mods to the base kit. 🖖🏻

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #630 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 02:52:29 »
There are a few questions that have repeated in this 13 page thread, like why we can't split all the kits, or why not bring cost down by splitting off the numpad, or why not make a hagoromo base with original oblivion mods. It might be a good idea to have a FAQ in the original post so we can politely inform anyone to read the FAQ to get them brought up to speed.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline harlekein

« Reply #631 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 04:11:10 »
I know Colevrak is a maybe at this point, but could you consider adding mod DH support please - the latest mt3 kit has the necessary keys - it's only a few more.

It's always cited as something that'll be hard to hit MOQ, but this might just be the most popular GMK set we've had in a while, if not now, then when?

I'd buy at least 2 sets if it's offered.

I don't see it as wise to add a niche on what is already a niche of a niche.

I don't understand the downside honestly. It's 4 extra keys:

R2 B
R3 M
R4 DH

People who want normal Colemak or Dvorak compatibility will not be deterred by the extra keys, but the people who do want DH(m) will be able to buy this kit. I believe increased compatibility will lead to more sales of this kit, not less.

The last two MT3 drops added DHm compatibility. Susuwatari sold 94 kits of those. Godspeed only 60, but I believe this is part because there were Rams, Kobe and Kadet kits offered which provide an alternative for QWERTY + Colevrak kit.

Edit:

Adding the following keys on top of this will also support Workman, Norman and Progammer's Dvorak:

R2: DK
R3: Y
R4: PL"
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2019, 04:36:13 by harlekein »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #632 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:01:48 »
I'm pretty sure other people have brought this up too, but theres two main points that I saw against yours. First is that the people who do want git modifiers are not saying anything most likely because they are satisfied with the status quo. Second, I believe Oblotzky said somewhere that the point of this run is not to be the same as the first one hence v2. Hence the difference.

Very much this. I think how the kits are laid out right now is a great middle ground that will satisfy the highest number of people. I wouldn't even call it a compromise — it's just good. Good job, Oblotzky.

That being said, I still have suggestions / am wondering about two keys in the base kit:
  • R1 Lock (Scroll Lock) – Consider using Scroll instead?
  • R3 Code – Is this key intended to cover anything other than the extra key on Uniqey C70?

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #633 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:38:08 »
Hello,

Already loving all the kits for oblivion ! But how would the pricing change on the original kit if another extra set of arrow keys were to be added ?

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #634 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:25:26 »

Very much this. I think how the kits are laid out right now is a great middle ground that will satisfy the highest number of people. I wouldn't even call it a compromise — it's just good. Good job, Oblotzky.

That being said, I still have suggestions / am wondering about two keys in the base kit:
  • R1 Lock (Scroll Lock) – Consider using Scroll instead?
  • R3 Code – Is this key intended to cover anything other than the extra key on Uniqey C70?

Just my 2c, but it also serves as a catch all key for 65/70 keyboards that might not want an incorrect legend on that key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fr08

« Reply #635 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 19:17:11 »
This is my favourite set of all time. Been wanting it so bad. But I'm kind of anal... is there ANY chance of AltGr? At least in the Norde kit, where it's more important than Alt. Pleeeease!

I mean, I will probably buy it anyway and use the modifiers from another set and hope it's included in future runs... but that kind of sucks.

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 09:07:29 »
How much would a base kit and a regular modifiers cost?

Offline sl70309

« Reply #637 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 10:03:10 »
i smell something interesting:

GMK Bento include everything in one kit (base, ISO, numpad, novelties), the price is $150
GMK Jamon split everything (base, ISO, numpad, novelties), to combine them all, the total price is $197

i am now vote on keeping numpad in base kit, i dont think the price will drop much if we split numpad.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #638 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 10:17:05 »

GMK Bento include everything in one kit (base, ISO, numpad, novelties), the price is $150
GMK Jamon split everything (base, ISO, numpad, novelties), to combine them all, the total price is $197

i am now vote on keeping numpad in base kit, i dont think the price will drop much if we split numpad.

I think comparing the totals for all the kits misses the point.  Only a minority of people are going to buy them all and for that minority, yes the price is higher when kits are split out.

For the majority, who only need the base kit, then prices are:
Bento - $150 (you don't have an option for only base)
Jamon - $100

I can't remember if it was this thread or another one where I commented something along these same lines, but again, I honestly don't care.  Put extra kits in with the base, take them out - whatever.  When suggestions are presented in these threads, though, it's important to not just present data that seems to support your side - keep all pricing scenarios in perspective.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2019, 10:19:24 by ninjacore »

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #639 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 10:20:18 »
How much would a base kit and a regular modifiers cost?

Probably $200-220ish

Offline omjak

« Reply #640 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 11:55:57 »

I think comparing the totals for all the kits misses the point.  Only a minority of people are going to buy them all and for that minority, yes the price is higher when kits are split out.

For the majority, who only need the base kit, then prices are:
Bento - $150 (you don't have an option for only base)
Jamon - $100

I can't remember if it was this thread or another one where I commented something along these same lines, but again, I honestly don't care.  Put extra kits in with the base, take them out - whatever.  When suggestions are presented in these threads, though, it's important to not just present data that seems to support your side - keep all pricing scenarios in perspective.

Majority of Jamon buyers went w/ base and jamonelties... that's total of ~$135-$140
This is based on assumption that jamonelties buyers would also pick up base.  it would be good to know, after it's over, how many buyers bought base only though.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #641 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 12:31:02 »

Is there not Modifiers's color Spacebars kit in R2?
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #642 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 12:34:15 »
Majority of Jamon buyers went w/ base and jamonelties... that's total of ~$135-$140
This is based on assumption that jamonelties buyers would also pick up base.  it would be good to know, after it's over, how many buyers bought base only though.

Doesn't MD show the final tally of how many bought each set?

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #643 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 12:35:56 »

Final numbers do typically come out, but I don't know if they're grouped like that (showing how many users bought 2+ sets and which sets those were).  It would certainly be useful information to plan out future kits.

Online dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #644 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:43:39 »

Final numbers do typically come out, but I don't know if they're grouped like that (showing how many users bought 2+ sets and which sets those were).  It would certainly be useful information to plan out future kits.

Massdrop's table only shows total orders for each kit.  There is nothing explaining what combinations of kits were purchased together.  There are so many possible combinations, you would need to conduct some big-time post-processing on the full database of customer purchases, and I cannot envision how you might report the results.

Edit: you can make some generalizations with their kit order numbers, however.  For example, Numpad kit orders as a percent of Base kit orders (currently 28.8% for Jamón).  Or Colevrak kit orders as a percent of kits containing a full set of matching alphas (typically between 2% and 8%).
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:55:46 by dvorcol »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #645 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:23:42 »

Interesting observation.  :rolleyes:

Offline Oni74

« Reply #646 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 20:58:35 »
I'm for removing numpad from base kit to lower costs for my needs. I feel it gives greater flexibility, albeit at greater cost for full size users. (Sorry, I gotta look out for my wallet first)

With the recent kit shuffle, my buying decision became more complicated. I was originally aiming for two monochrome base kits plus hagoromo alphas, but now, I think I'll need to join for git base kit and monochrome modifiers only, and pick up janglad's minimal kit instead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline sakodo

« Reply #647 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 21:11:51 »
I am definitely interested

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #648 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 22:27:20 »
I'm absolutely against splitting off the numpad. I think the idea of a GMK base kit having 30+ extra compatibility keys but not even covering a standard ANSI 104 board is just bizarre and backwards.

Other than that issue, I just want to express my support for this set. I love SA Oblivion and can't want to get a matching GMK set; I'll probably buy both the base kit and Assembly kit to cover my Prime_L.. Depending on how the final kits shake out, I may even consider selling my GMK Space Cadet to get the Hagoromo and/or Space Cadet kits.  :D

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #649 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 23:43:25 »
Any updates on how the collabs are coming along? Keen to get a sneak peak of deskpad designs (if there are any). Would love a design that uses the dark alpha colour as the background.