Author Topic: Huge collection of pigments/dyes/inks/micas/glitters  (Read 3369 times)

Offline IsoCaps

Huge collection of pigments/dyes/inks/micas/glitters
« on: Tue, 03 October 2023, 10:34:56 »

More pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/OT7ReOZ

Unique opportunity for anyone wanting to start making, experimenting or improving their artisan keycaps!  I spent many years collecting and trying out different pigments, inks, dyes, glitters, micas, paints and frits- you can see some of the results here: https://imgur.com/user/isocaps/posts- but I haven’t done any casting in a while and sadly have to get rid of everything because of downsizing and various other life events.

This is a huge range of different types of additives, plus some useful accessories/tools- the majority of which have been opened and used- but they have been hand selected from a huge variety of international sources over many years, many of which are no longer attainable, and all are extremely high quality and produce great results.  All of the contents are products I would recommend for making professional quality keycaps, or other resin based products.

-Around 40 different mica powders
-Various types of metallic and neon powders/liquids
-Various types of glitter, iridescent and pearlescent powders, flakes and glass frits of differing coarseness
-Wide variety of alcohol inks from four different manufacturers
-Collection of disposable pipettes, mixing/application bottles (for inks), mixing bowls
-Collection of keycaps from different manufacturers, and gaming dice for use in casting/mould making
-30 small tote bags

As you can see from the pictures, the bottles/containers/packaging show signs of their many years of use, however the contents have all been checked.
If you’re starting out with resin casting this is a great chance to try out different products/techniques and styles. 
I’ll be putting the lot on eBay soon but just wanted to see if anyone wanted to make an offer beforehand, if so please dm me. 
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 October 2023, 10:46:27 by IsoCaps »

Offline nathanchere

Re: Huge collection of pigments/dyes/inks/micas/glitters
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 13:18:02 »
What would that be worth roughly? Not trying to low-ball or asking you to make an offer, just wondering how much the actual face value of that kind of stash is?