Author Topic: New Mice from OCZ  (Read 3575 times)

Offline itlnstln

New Mice from OCZ
« on: Tue, 24 March 2009, 11:53:44 »
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/24/ocz-introduces-eclipse-and-behemoth-wired-gaming-mice/

They look pretty cool.  They have weights and all the fun stuff the gaming crowd likes.

Offline lam47

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 March 2009, 14:28:07 »
Its an ugly bugger though!
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline itlnstln

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 March 2009, 15:55:13 »
Yeah, they're pretty plain.  They sort of look like those $5, generic mice you can find on Newegg.

Offline FKSSR

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 March 2009, 10:41:06 »
I don't mind plain as long as they are built well, last a while, and fit my hand (or play-style if it is for gaming).

A lot of the keyboards we buy here look like $10-15 keyboards to a lot of people. :)
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline itlnstln

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 March 2009, 10:53:48 »
There's plain/vintage, and there's generic.  These fall under the generic category.  I'm with you, though, I would much rather have a generic mouse that works well and not a POS, pretty mouse.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 April 2009, 12:01:09 »
I think it will be a while before I see anything better than my beloved Steelseries Ikari.

Offline FKSSR

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 April 2009, 07:52:41 »
A lot of people here seem to love the Ikari.  I want to check one out. It doesn't look like it would fit my hand like I want (for FPS or RTS gaming), but I may be wrong.

I do like Steelseries.  I have one of their headsets, a mousepad from them, and a 6G keyboard is being shipped to me now.  The keyboard may not stay, depending on how I like the black cherry switches, but my point is that I think Steelseries makes great stuff.  Razer makes great mice, though...

Offline Ysaquerai

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 April 2009, 21:03:28 »
If you're into gaming, you want a mouse that is as light as possible.
For some long sessions you could do very well, without straining your hand too much.
Mouse:
Razer Salmosa        
Logitech MX518
MS Wheel Mouse Optical

Keyboard:
Steelseries 6G - Epic Fail

Mousepad:
Razer Mantis - Control Version

Headset:
Sony MDR-7505

Soundcard:
External USB 5.1

Offline FKSSR

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 April 2009, 22:55:53 »
First, nice avatarYsaquerai!  I love Invader Zim!

Second, I agree about the light mouse.  I have the G9, but I don't add weights to it.

Third, why do you say Epic Fail next to Steelseries 6G, in your sig?  I am having one shipped to me.  I'm not sure I'll like the black cherry switches, but I am giving it a try.

P.S.  Do you play RTS games?  I do and I have a Salmosa and control vers. mousepad for those reasons, and since the 6G was designed for RTS players, I was just curious. :)

Thanks.

Offline Ysaquerai

New Mice from OCZ
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 04 April 2009, 05:56:48 »
Thanks, BTW for 6G is just that i have a very bad experience with it. After i bought it after 5months the enter key broke and space bar become out of place. And there's a delay when i use A+W or W+D.

Maybe the construction of the keyboard is not what i expected especially it is not one of those cheap keyboards.

I always take care of my gadgets since i don't want to buy new peripherals every time. Maybe its just luck that ran out of me.

I'm a FPS Gamer and I play Counterstrike for almost 3yrs. now.
Mouse:
Razer Salmosa        
Logitech MX518
MS Wheel Mouse Optical

Keyboard:
Steelseries 6G - Epic Fail

Mousepad:
Razer Mantis - Control Version

Headset:
Sony MDR-7505

Soundcard:
External USB 5.1