Author Topic: Mouse bridge / caddy  (Read 5822 times)

Offline alexlzl

Mouse bridge / caddy
« on: Thu, 09 April 2009, 23:57:38 »
This web site sells some very interesting stuff http://sourceone.org/

I was looking for mouse caddy for some time since on the keyboard tray, if I level up my arm for the keyboard, the mouse is always too low. Eventually I bought this MC-3: http://sourceone.org/id8.html

However, please be aware that they do NOT accept returns. The MC-3 I got is pretty sad in quality. There are glues on the side, and the rubber on the bottom is totally not stable. And at 1.5" it is a bit too high.

Eventually I just found a hardcover book. :)
Using: Kinesis Contoured (Cherry Brown)
Own:  Realforce 86UK
Wish: Ergo layout Realforce

Offline rdjack21

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 April 2009, 00:36:18 »
Looks like that was designed to go over the number pad of the keyboard so I would agree too high.

I have used the solution you finally settled on myself but for a trackball instead of a mouse.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline FKSSR

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 April 2009, 08:04:10 »
I thought about getting a mouse bridge, but I decided I use my numpad too much.  Plus, I actually didn't want to have to have my mouse higher than the desk.  The movement just seemed to odd to me.

Thanks for the link, input, and "warning" on the (lack of) return policy on the company.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline MANISH7

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 April 2009, 20:06:26 »
This is my favorite: http://airtechcorp.stores.yahoo.net/rmreopmobr.html

They have a cheaper variation of that for $22. Decent quality and very good customer service.

Offline MANISH7

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 April 2009, 20:15:51 »
Quote from: FKSSR;28111
I thought about getting a mouse bridge, but I decided I use my numpad too much.

Have you considered using a trackball with your left hand? That way you can access the pointing device close to your body and still have the numeric pad.

Offline ozar

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 April 2009, 20:24:52 »
Quote from: MANISH7;28249
Have you considered using a trackball with your left hand? That way you can access the pointing device close to your body and still have the numeric pad.
I've been thinking about giving that system a go myself.  It would certainly solve some input device spacing issues, and surely introducing a little more coordination in the left hand for a longtime "righty" can't be a bad idea.

Offline wellington1869

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 April 2009, 17:04:16 »
They have the small one for $12 shipped in a discontinued almond color. Its there for about same price on ebay and on the sourceone page.  Couldnt resist at $12, picked one up.
In addition to placing the mouse over the numpad, its probably also good for propping up a book over the numpad if you have a small book holder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390040414793

http://sourceone.org/id16.html

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline FKSSR

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 April 2009, 09:15:36 »
Quote from: MANISH7;84845

Yes, I have.  I may try the C-Trac one everyone is getting into here.  However, it may still be a month or two before I decide I want to spend the money on it.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline Rajagra

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 April 2009, 14:48:41 »
Here was I thinking I was clever turning a letter tray upside down and putting it over the num pad with a mouse pad on top.
At least it slides out of the way if I do want to use the num pad.

Offline wellington1869

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 May 2009, 17:44:25 »
Quote from: MANISH7;84844
This is my favorite: http://airtechcorp.stores.yahoo.net/rmreopmobr.html

i wound up buying that one. the tiny one i got earlier wasnt cutting it.

I hope its worth the nearly 40 bucks with shipping!

apparently the cheaper $22 variant you mentioned above is for roller ball mice (at least, they said it would need a mouse pad if used with optical mice). Hence its cheaper i think. So I splurged for the more expensive one. Ugh.

(What I should really be doing is buying an M spacesaver of course. Maybe later this year. )

Anyway, I can justify expenses like this ultimately because I spend nearly 90% of my waking hours in front of this infernal computing machine. :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2009, 20:36:47 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline MANISH7

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 May 2009, 20:31:31 »
You got a decent mouse bridge but ergonomic products are always overpriced. This does not mean they aren't worth the money you spend, but you are paying more than you should be. That mouse bridge probably cost no more than $2 to make but any place that sell mouse bridges charge no less than $22.

Offline wellington1869

Mouse bridge / caddy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 May 2009, 20:38:05 »
Quote from: MANISH7;91392
You got a decent mouse bridge but ergonomic products are always overpriced. This does not mean they aren't worth the money you spend, but you are paying more than you should be. That mouse bridge probably cost no more than $2 to make but any place that sell mouse bridges charge no less than $22.

its a case of the law of supply and demand biting us in the ass. Or as I like to say, "the invisible hand just gave me the finger". ;)