Author Topic: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (GB Live!)  (Read 515829 times)

Offline Xerra

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:17:54 »
Love the overall design. My only hope is that you manage to find a factory that can reliably achieve that same white that can match well with Kuro/Shiro (already in on this  ;D).

Offline endsession

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:21:39 »
New to the hobby. Registered to let you know I'm interested!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:32:30 »
Dark Grey would be nice since purple wont be an option...

I got a couple requests, could you mock up a black case with black lotus pls... And a dark grey with Taro if possible... tyvm
Is black lotus going ahead? Its been in IC stage since I first started in this hobby.

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:33:50 »
Dark Grey would be nice since purple wont be an option...

I got a couple requests, could you mock up a black case with black lotus pls... And a dark grey with Taro if possible... tyvm
Is black lotus going ahead? Its been in IC stage since I first started in this hobby.
I know hey... an yessss finally! Hitting TKC this summer

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 13:34:40 »
Looks brilliant. I know you and wilba have worked hard on the mounting design, but I hope that won't severely impact yield rates and QC effort. This exterior aesthetic and layout is so crispy, I'd be happy with a top mount.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Top mount would probably be the fall back if this mounting method turns out to be bad.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 21:01:22 »
GMK Metropolis render added.
I think I'll use a more uniform light for future renders since they are quite dark and don't show dark keysets very well.

Offline spaceblou

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 21:08:29 »
I'm surprised no one has requested Mizu. Please do one on black!

Offline tenny

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 21:27:31 »
I've been searching for the perfect case for the last couple weeks. I've been scouring pre-builts to posts on /r mechmarket & mechanical keyboards but have only found inspiration but no real "OOMPHS" that stood out to me. After weeks of frustration, this is it.
Thank you so much for posting this. This is exactly what I have been searching for. I am very excited about the e-white in particular, with the black coming in at a close second.
I hope all goes well and can't wait to see the future of this  :D
Cheers!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 21:29:41 by tenny »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 00:38:54 »
I would love to see how Metropolis or Hammerhead would look on this board.

Just found out that there are 2 versions of the alphas. Which one were you wanting?

Offline forstsiven

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (Render requests added)
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 01:10:45 »
What's the availability going to be on this? Raffle/form/open?

Also, would be nice to see GMK Striker on the blue if at all possible.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 01:15:28 »

If a vendor is involved, it will be up to them. If it's just me running, it would probably be a private GB of some sort since there have been people following this for quite a while.
I've added your request to the queue. I can do 1 max a day but will be going on a weekend trip with my family this week.

EDIT: Dracula render added. Kept the same lighting despite me saying that I was going to change it for this one because I thought it worked with the theme.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 May 2019, 03:35:12 by gok101 »

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 01:39:24 »
How thick will the poly plate be?
1.5mm but it will be stiffer than usual due to how it is mounted.
Ah ok. Excited to see the leaf spring mount in action and how it works with the poly plate. I think you nailed it with blue case with stainless steel weight.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 03:05:08 »
I was going to try and resist the urge to join this GB... but with 6u spacebar I don't think that's possible. Will gladly sell my CA66 to fund this, especially if it comes in that handsome blue. Also still very curious what a keyboard mounted on a leaf spring would be like...
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline gt1989

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 06:02:38 »
I would love to see how Metropolis or Hammerhead would look on this board.

Just found out that there are 2 versions of the alphas. Which one were you wanting?
The core set

Offline nicole_loke_richards

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 06:12:11 »

If a vendor is involved, it will be up to them. If it's just me running, it would probably be a private GB of some sort since there have been people following this for quite a while.
I've added your request to the queue. I can do 1 max a day but will be going on a weekend trip with my family this week.

EDIT: Dracula render added. Kept the same lighting despite me saying that I was going to change it for this one because I thought it worked with the theme.

Please definitely count me in if it will be private group buy. Pretty please! I’m already looking at getting switches and keycaps that will go with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 06:43:08 »

Please definitely count me in if it will be private group buy. Pretty please! I’m already looking at getting switches and keycaps that will go with it!

I don't think you should get too excited since it has been less than a week since this IC has started and a lot can happen.

On another note, I've added a GMK Serika render. It's on the black since I thought it looked better than the grey. Here is the link to the grey version if you're interested https://imgur.com/cpPiru7

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 06:56:56 »
Those Serika renders look really nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 08:38:47 »
I really like this layout and I've been in the market something bigger than 60%. Hoping this doesn't turn out to be a private GB.

Offline aellena

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 10:49:03 »
The case design is sleek. I love all the colors in the renders so far. Interested!

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 11:31:03 »

I don't think you should get too excited since it has been less than a week since this IC has started and a lot can happen.

On another note, I've added a GMK Serika render. It's on the black since I thought it looked better than the grey. Here is the link to the grey version if you're interested https://imgur.com/cpPiru7

SO stoked on this, thanks! Can't wait.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 May 2019, 11:33:01 by vision-quest »

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 11:36:55 »

I really like this layout and I've been in the market something bigger than 60%. Hoping this doesn't turn out to be a private GB.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a bit new to the community - but how exactly does a private GB work? Is the public not able to join at all? If so, how would one go about joining a private GB (if it comes down to that)?

Offline t0ch

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 12:09:25 »

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a bit new to the community - but how exactly does a private GB work? Is the public not able to join at all? If so, how would one go about joining a private GB (if it comes down to that)?

+1

I really dig this design and I don't want to be on the outs if this goes private and I lose my slim chance to grab a spot myself.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 13:28:41 »
This is definitely one of the better 75% I've seen. The only issue I have is how the product will be delivered based on the expectation given. Hopefully finding a reputable manufacturer that will deliver the level of quality and standard that is shown in the render or promised is of higher priority. Producers like RAMA, Yuktsi, Keycult, Zeal etc are pretty meticulous of QC and yields great confidence to group buyers. Otherwise this looks great and hope to join one if I can!
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 May 2019, 16:28:33 by mikenogo »

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 13:52:59 »
This is definitely one of the better 75% I've seen. The only issue I have is how the product will be delivered. Hopefully finding a reputable manufacturer that will deliver the level of quality and standard that is shown in the render or promised is of higher priority. Producers like RAMA, Yuktsi, Keycult, Zeal etc are pretty meticulous of QC and yields great confidence to group buyers. Otherwise this looks great and hope to join one if I can!

RAMA would be an incredible partner for this. Not sure how that all works, but OP is from NZ and RAMA are in AUS, their designs both have similar elements. Think it would be a great collaboration. Maybe RAMA want to work on their own 75 though considering it's the only popular board they don't have with the U80 coming out soon.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 15:37:20 »
This is definitely one of the better 75% I've seen. The only issue I have is how the product will be delivered. Hopefully finding a reputable manufacturer that will deliver the level of quality and standard that is shown in the render or promised is of higher priority. Producers like RAMA, Yuktsi, Keycult, Zeal etc are pretty meticulous of QC and yields great confidence to group buyers. Otherwise this looks great and hope to join one if I can!

RAMA would be an incredible partner for this. Not sure how that all works, but OP is from NZ and RAMA are in AUS, their designs both have similar elements. Think it would be a great collaboration. Maybe RAMA want to work on their own 75 though considering it's the only popular board they don't have with the U80 coming out soon.
That would be nice. Rama has that new Foundry program.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 17:20:17 »
This design
Made by Rama

😍

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 20:09:08 »

Basically, I would be choosing who would get in which usually means friends.

Hammerhead render added
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 May 2019, 20:24:42 by gok101 »

Offline Nothatso

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 20:44:20 »
Will the logo color/finish be an option? The renders seem to show a black logo on the black case, but I'm interested in how a silver logo would look on the black case.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 20:49:51 »
This is a very nice looking 75%! I'm definitely very interested!

This is already in your list of renders to be done, but I'm guessing the blue with Mizu will look pretty sweet.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 20:54:39 »
Will the logo color/finish be an option? The renders seem to show a black logo on the black case, but I'm interested in how a silver logo would look on the black case.
Not sure how I want to approach SKUs but I've rendered a silver logo on black for Serika.

Offline rondg

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 22:22:29 »
GMK Striker on blue please

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 22:49:10 »
Have you tried reaching out to Rama? I think their Foundry program is exactly meant for something like this no?

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 00:39:47 »

Ok - fair enough! Thanks for putting Striker on blue in the pipeline: it's a great looking bit of kit!

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 00:49:06 »
So much GMK... SA Bliss on black pls  :cool:

Offline sntXrrr

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (31/05/2019 - New renders added)
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 08:59:28 »
Great detailing on this board. I find this lack of attention is what is missing on many other boards. Also, black on black looks very cool. I am interested in this.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 12:40:08 »
Still looking for a 75 keyb... very interested - logo is perfect

Offline maximize

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 16:31:22 »
Out of curiosity, did you consider shaping the bottom accent piece/weight so that it is in a straight line with the top piece, along the USB-port side of the top piece? Not sure if that explains that well enough to visualize it. The two pieces currently create a slight angle from the side view. To my eyes, when the USB-port side is viewed at an angle (as in the last photo of the blue render), the bottom piece appears to not be at a right angle with the table. The top seems to jut out ever so slightly. The first render in black (side view) makes me think it does actually make a right-angle with the table, but tell me if I'm wrong, and if my perception of it is strange!

Offline PandamanPete

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 16:52:53 »
Wow this is beautiful... Can I see a render with Laser SA on a black case and pink weight?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:10:14 »

Have you tried reaching out to Rama? I think their Foundry program is exactly meant for something like this no?
It would be great but I don't think Rama works are interested. I'll contact them later as I'm currently waiting for a reply from one vendor already.

Out of curiosity, did you consider shaping the bottom accent piece/weight so that it is in a straight line with the top piece, along the USB-port side of the top piece? Not sure if that explains that well enough to visualize it. The two pieces currently create a slight angle from the side view. To my eyes, when the USB-port side is viewed at an angle (as in the last photo of the blue render), the bottom piece appears to not be at a right angle with the table. The top seems to jut out ever so slightly. The first render in black (side view) makes me think it does actually make a right-angle with the table, but tell me if I'm wrong, and if my perception of it is strange!
Yes, the weight originally was parallel with the top piece but I changed it to give it more shape.

Wow this is beautiful... Can I see a render with Laser SA on a black case and pink weight?
I'm trying not to render anything that I'm not considering doing so I can only do either PVD black or plain stainless steel for the weight and logo.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:14:59 by gok101 »

Offline PandamanPete

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:14:13 »
I'm trying not to render anything that I'm not considering doing so I can only do either PVD black or plain stainless steel for the weight and logo.

Gotcha, that totally makes sense. Can I see the stainless weight instead then?
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:16:00 by PandamanPete »

Offline vpr

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:36:03 »
Request for GMK Dots render

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:39:17 »
Oh damn, I I need to make a new template just for this lol. Added to the queue... reluctantly :p

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:49:06 »
Oh man I just keep clicking on this thread and looking at this render. Easily my favorite potential project of the year.

Offline vpr

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 00:16:49 »
Oh damn, I I need to make a new template just for this lol. Added to the queue... reluctantly :p

Sorry, I wanted to see it when you first put up requests, but didn't post it. Was going to msg you on Discord privately instead, but then felt bad about PM'ing about it out of the blue, so just posted here. I have a feeling it's going to be good though  :thumb:

Offline zekth

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 08:25:41 »
i'm really into the black one! is a red prototype planned?
Although I've dismissed the idea of pink and green in the reply above due to them not being versatile colours to match with keysets, I've been thinking about a deep red as a possibility since Wilba seems to like red.

Deep red would be sick  :D

watching closely this IC.

Offline msvming

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 08:37:05 »
The logo is very nice, hope that it will be public GB so i can join  :thumb:

Offline gt1989

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 09:30:16 »
I would like to see a render of Vaporwave but I'm not sure if it would look better on a blue board or a grey one.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 13:04:47 »
I would like to see a render of Vaporwave but I'm not sure if it would look better on a blue board or a grey one.
I'll exercise my own judgement then.

Offline yui_

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 23:24:31 »
Absolutely love the design of this board. The consistent spacing on the top row is really nice and, despite what I've seen some people saying, I'm definitely a fan of the logo in the top right.

I find the introduction of a negative detail particularly interesting as well, when so many other keyboards are striving for perfect seams this variation is interesting and I definitely see the benefit in it.

Hope the group buy goes well!

Offline krey

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 00:22:25 »
I love the logo and the top row.

Hopefully we get a nice vendor that can take on ALL the orders!
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce