Author Topic: [GB] GMK Blurple | Group Buy April 2-30  (Read 15986 times)

Offline PhantomTaco

[GB] GMK Blurple | Group Buy April 2-30
« on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 23:53:45 »
GMK Blurple GB Starts 04/02!

Greetings fellow clackers!

I would like to present to you all the latest Klunkers creation: GMK Blurple! Because I don't believe in long, drawn out introductions, let's just jump straight into it!

Kitting & Collaborations

Standard Kit (Base) - $119.99

Alternate Kit (Alt Alphas) $60.99

Obscure Kit (Extensions) $44.99

Aesthetics Kit (Spacebars & Novelty) - $32.99

RAMA Collaboration Cap

More

Other Collaborations By:
Artkey
Hunger Work Studio
Phage Caps
Prime Caps
Tokkipee

Renders
Many thanks to Omnitype/Garrett for these renders!

TGR Alice by Yuktsi

More

Bauer by Garrett/Omnitype

More

Deskmats
Many thanks to sour for these awesome designs!

Flow

Stems

Deskmat Specs
900mm x 400mm x 4mm
Stitched Edges
Cloth Top

Vendors

US: Omnitype
CA: Desk Hero
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
UK: Proto[Typist]
AU: DailyClack
SEA: iLumkb
CN: zFrontier

Thanks to

The Bottom Klunk Crayola Masters!

More

Old Renders

Many, many, many thanks to NathanAlphaMan for providing these fantastic renders

Evolv by Alpha Designs

More

Foundation by Satisfactory Designs

More

OGR by Alchemist Keyboards

More

Iron180 by Smith+Rune

More

Consider posting this banner in your signature to show your support for this set!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109480.0][img width=260 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/S1hKaQL.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 02:35:09 by PhantomTaco »

Offline TypicalOranges

Re: [GB] GMK Blurple | Group Buy April 2-30
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:29:29 »
:eyes:

Offline P103

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 00:23:38 »
Love that rama, it's so cute.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 01:39:01 »
this set got pig benis

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 10:09:13 »
Hi. Can I check, for the white accents, is it WS1, WS2 or some other colour? Thanks.

Offline Oggi

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 10:11:25 »
ne day 1 numbers avail?

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 15:58:57 »
ne day 1 numbers avail?

Offline MaxineCh

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 15:43:24 »
since group buy is over, could the final numbers be updated please? really quite odd that most sets are given updates but the two i bought (watermelon and blurple) both dont have any  :(

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 15:51:28 »
since group buy is over, could the final numbers be updated please? really quite odd that most sets are given updates but the two i bought (watermelon and blurple) both dont have any  :(

That is really unlucky, most GB's aren't like that.
I bought 1 item from Watermelon and was really tempted by Blurple.

But the lack of updates from the GB runners on both of these set really don't inspire any confidence to join them.
I still have no clue if the Watermelon item I ordered reached MOQ and will be made or not. At least I don't have to worry about this one also.

I can understand that it might not be exciting to post updates if the numbers aren't crazy, but GB with 0 updates personally don't really make me want to join them.

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 19:07:33 »
Hey everyone. For those that are worried about the lack of updates, life has been extremely busy. From the get go the vendors were excited about this set, and already had decided that all kits would be produced. That's part of the reason why numbers updates haven't been given, there's no real concern in whether or not this set will hit targets because it was already decided that it would be produced from the onset. Hopefully that helps reassure people  :thumb:

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 19:21:41 »

But the lack of updates from the GB runners on both of these set really don't inspire any confidence to join them.
I still have no clue if the Watermelon item I ordered reached MOQ and will be made or not. At least I don't have to worry about this one also.

I can understand that it might not be exciting to post updates if the numbers aren't crazy, but GB with 0 updates personally don't really make me want to join them.

Set is being run by Omnitype. This is one of the most reliable vendors in the entire space, and thus you should feel confident in making the purchase if its something you're interested in.

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 21:13:55 »

Interesting perspective. Id have to say I'm on the very opposite end of the spectrum from you. Kinda like what the guy before me said, if youre well aware of omnitype's reputation, you won't be second guessing whether to jump on this.

Offline stevits

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 03:29:07 »
That's all fine, and I got a base kit, but it felt like a shot in the dark.  No color codes, no communication.  Fingers crossed.  Would have bought more but did not feel comfortable. 

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 07:03:38 »
It is not just about the set being back up by a good vendor, that may guarantee that the set will indeed be made.
But as it was just pointed out, no color codes, and if the GB runner can't take a few minutes to give update on his set, I don't have too much confidence that he will take the time and efforts to colormatch for example.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 08:55:12 »
It is not just about the set being back up by a good vendor, that may guarantee that the set will indeed be made.
But as it was just pointed out, no color codes, and if the GB runner can't take a few minutes to give update on his set, I don't have too much confidence that he will take the time and efforts to colormatch for example.

Generally speaking, I can understand why folks would think like this. There is a lot of variation in quality of GB runners in this hobby and recently we've had a few missteps. However, again... I would point out that it's being run through a well established vendor who makes sure things are taken care of (including color matching).

I realize not everyone knows everyone, but OP is a pretty decent dude himself. Hope you got in the buy if you're interested. I think your money is safe with this one.

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 15:29:22 »
Ouf, ordered today...  ;D

Offline worldtour

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 18:15:40 »
since Discord changed their colors, this is no longer gmk discord

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 14:52:29 »
Hey Folks!

Sorry for the radio silence since the GB. I know a lot of people start to feel a bit worried/apprehensive when the runner goes silent for long periods of time, but I've been hamster wheeling it in the background to make sure everything goes smoothly. With that said, I do have a bit of an update to share with you all:

For starters, the wonderful team at Hunger Work Studio was able to help us by literally creating the blurple color in physical form. This was something I wanted to do from the get go so that I had a physical sample of exactly the color I wanted for blurple that I could share with GMK and the collaborators to get as closer a color match to the vision as physically possible. Below is a quick photo I took (NOT COLOR CORRECTED) of the samples for blurple:

GMK used one of these samples to match the set to, and we got the first round of samples from them a little while back. We were all extremely happy with the results, and have approved the colors (woo!). Nebulant was kind enough to take a color corrected photo of the final colors that were approved, and here's that photo for you all:

That's about all I've got right now for updates. As I get more to share, I'll do my best to post in here, otherwise the best place for the most up to date information regarding Blurple is going to be over on Omnitype's update page at https://omnitype.com/blogs/updates
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 November 2021, 14:54:05 by PhantomTaco »

Offline Nebulant

• Nebulous Consulting
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 15:32:12 »
woo!

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 20:13:40 »
got my set. thank you!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 20:30:18 »
Unironically better than the actual discord keyset.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 17:19:30 »
Hey folks! Wanted to provide a quick update: Blurple has started shipping out to people! I've seen maybe a photo or two here or there, but I did get my own set in today and wanted to share (briefly) the color results. Mind you, I'm currently in the middle of prepping for a move, so sadly I can't really open stuff up and take more detailed photos (much to my dismay).

I think this is probably the most important photo to share, which compares the original Blurple color sample sent to GMK (The Earl Artisan from HWS on the left), to the sample blank during color matching, to the final production color:

Mind you the production keycaps are still under the plastic wrap in the photo, and the sample/artisan are sitting on top of that plastic wrap, resulting in the lighting from the window above the photo lighting the production caps a bit more.