Author Topic: [GB] GMK Nord | GB CLOSED  (Read 301261 times)

Offline Joeni

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Re: [GB] GMK Nord
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:54:53 »
Managed to sneak in under the wire and put an order in through CandyKeys; base and novelties.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:56:34 by Joeni »
Jerry Talks Tech - youtube.com/jerry

Offline IggyL

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 10:20:02 »
With recent struggles surrounding MKUltra's contribution to the order, will orders from other vendors be affected? Will the order even be placed with GMK in light of this?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 15:27:40 »
With recent struggles surrounding MKUltra's contribution to the order, will orders from other vendors be affected? Will the order even be placed with GMK in light of this?

what happened with his order?

Given the total amount I am sure this will be placed.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 15:52:05 »

At Shopify's insistence, MKUltra sent out a status update email to their mailing list a couple of days ago.  Apparently Shopify is withholding their funds from orders until they catch up on fulfillment (and has been doing so for the past two and a half months).  In amidst his woes, there are two mentions of GMK Nord specifically:

"Shopify is still not happy with this. They are expecting that somehow we ship all group buy orders immediately, and that is a condition for releasing funds. This is impossible, especially since GMK Nord hasn't even been paid for yet - because Shopify has the funds!"

"[GB] GMK Nord: The group buy concluded July 10 and the order has been placed. We are waiting on invoices from GMK at this point so this is still on track even with the funds hold, as it should be cleared up by the time the invoice arrives."

If you want to read the whole thing, it looks like someone posted it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/hxolk3/mkultra_email_from_last_night/

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 15:54:36 »

Yikes lol. I guess Shopify handles these on a by-case basis. I run my store through them and have never had an issue with held funds. They did email me before my first "big" payment asking why the items weren't fulfilled yet; I simply explained that I operate on a group buy/pre-order model and they released them the next day. Haven't had a problem since.
At Shopify's insistence, MKUltra sent out a status update email to their mailing list a couple of days ago.  Apparently Shopify is withholding their funds from orders until they catch up on fulfillment (and has been doing so for the past two and a half months).  In amidst his woes, there are two mentions of GMK Nord specifically:

"Shopify is still not happy with this. They are expecting that somehow we ship all group buy orders immediately, and that is a condition for releasing funds. This is impossible, especially since GMK Nord hasn't even been paid for yet - because Shopify has the funds!"

"[GB] GMK Nord: The group buy concluded July 10 and the order has been placed. We are waiting on invoices from GMK at this point so this is still on track even with the funds hold, as it should be cleared up by the time the invoice arrives."

If you want to read the whole thing, it looks like someone posted it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/hxolk3/mkultra_email_from_last_night/

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 16:38:56 »
Since they specifically say that they are waiting on invoices from GMK and expect the fund hold to be cleared by the time these come in, I wouldn't worry particularly. As only 1/5 of the vendors and knowing that CandyKeys (and presumably DailyClack, etc.) typically buy extras as well, I'd suspect that even if none of the MKUltra orders existed, the base set would have met MOQ - though that's just speculation, it's impossible to know without seeing a break down by vendor.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 17:27:42 »

Yikes lol. I guess Shopify handles these on a by-case basis. I run my store through them and have never had an issue with held funds. They did email me before my first "big" payment asking why the items weren't fulfilled yet; I simply explained that I operate on a group buy/pre-order model and they released them the next day. Haven't had a problem since.

Happens more often than you think. We too are currently under suspension for the same reasons until next month. The bad news for participants here is that without cash reserves there is nothing MK will be able to do. We survived this issue by recommending buyers use PayPal at checkout while this was occurring. They also told me under no circumstances do they bring the review dates forward either, which last for 120 days.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 July 2020, 17:36:49 by SwitchKeys »

Offline gex

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 20:43:08 »
i believe shopify is holding that money because they're fed up with the number of cancelled orders. if i were shopify i'd monitor the cancellation ratio, the timeframe between orders and shipments, etc. it's the very same concept as multiplayer gaming, several users reported you? then you'll play with users with the same behaviour or you'll get a cooldown period, etc. to be honest i'm glad that shopify have these safety measures. this action is not related to the group buys, that's a big lie, it's related to all the other orders, the tons of cancellations and the unsatisfied customers.

and what about mkultra? the guy got what he deserves. after years of constant lying it's time to vanish from this hobby. i'm not a hater, i ordered from him a few months ago. he did not ship for two months or more, i went to his discord to personally ask him about it, promised a date, missed it, u asked again, promised another date, missed it as well, shipped another 2 weeks later. and all these after he admitted on r/mechmarket that his business sucks and his communication is rude or just doesn't exist at all. i believed him for the first few times but now it seems repetitive, lying for months then admits it, promises to change everything then goes back to lying again.

people in us: tell the gb organizers to choose a different vendor and don't buy anything from mkultra. that's all.

Offline catbus

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 22:57:19 »
i believe shopify is holding that money because they're fed up with the number of cancelled orders. if i were shopify i'd monitor the cancellation ratio, the timeframe between orders and shipments, etc. it's the very same concept as multiplayer gaming, several users reported you? then you'll play with users with the same behaviour or you'll get a cooldown period, etc. to be honest i'm glad that shopify have these safety measures. this action is not related to the group buys, that's a big lie, it's related to all the other orders, the tons of cancellations and the unsatisfied customers.

and what about mkultra? the guy got what he deserves. after years of constant lying it's time to vanish from this hobby. i'm not a hater, i ordered from him a few months ago. he did not ship for two months or more, i went to his discord to personally ask him about it, promised a date, missed it, u asked again, promised another date, missed it as well, shipped another 2 weeks later. and all these after he admitted on r/mechmarket that his business sucks and his communication is rude or just doesn't exist at all. i believed him for the first few times but now it seems repetitive, lying for months then admits it, promises to change everything then goes back to lying again.

people in us: tell the gb organizers to choose a different vendor and don't buy anything from mkultra. that's all.
That's unfortunate to hear. I personally have not had any bad experiences with mkultra.

I've ordered a few times from him and while I wouldn't say the fulfilment was quick - I never had any issues.

Evidently not everyone has had the same experience, just want to share mine.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline kwhilden

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 23:04:59 »
I've ordered six different times from MKUltra and received foam in a timely manner. I feel for those who have had problems, but I know the guy is passionate about our hobby and wants to build a successful business. He's got unique issues but in talking with him, I think he's learning.

Let's hope he can get through this Shopify issue because they are not easy to communicate with. My own business uses Shopify and after reading about what MKUltra and countless other businesses have gone through, I am ready to switch to a different service.

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 09:10:38 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/hv95g3/whats_up_with_mkultra/

Ouch, anyone know what the time frame is for credit card protection? Since it's taking GMK some 8+ months to fulfill orders would this fall outside the protection window?

Not to mention the headaches that could occur if GMK's quality is subpar on this and we need the vendor to resolve it.

Offline -bl1nk

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 09:22:33 »
Yea, I'm a bit concerned. Not like there is/was any alternative for the Nord GB in the United States.. at least none that I know of. Unsure what I'll do, what are you guys/gals doing?

Offline kwhilden

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:47:52 »
I just heard from MKUltra that Shopify has released the funds they were holding, so there's no issues with Nord. 

I think Shopify was being extremely harsh and authoritarian, but I believe in MKUltra getting his business under control and being a valuable member of the community going forward. 

Offline MKUltraCorp

• MKUltra Corporation
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:57:42 »
Code: [Select]
Hello,

Thank you very much for staying in touch and providing additional context.

The review on your account has been completed. As a result, the hold on payments has been removed and transfer of funds has been
enabled. Payouts will be released to the bank account on file as per your regular payment cycle. Please allow 2-3 business days for
pending payouts to reach your bank account.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter and wish you and your team the best of luck with your business moving forward.

Regards,
Emma
Risk Analyst | Shopify

All funds are being released. Screenshots have been sent to GTRX and other necessary parties.

Please redirect your pitchforks to the next bit of drama.

Offline IggyL

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 19:43:07 »
Code: [Select]
Hello,

Thank you very much for staying in touch and providing additional context.

The review on your account has been completed. As a result, the hold on payments has been removed and transfer of funds has been
enabled. Payouts will be released to the bank account on file as per your regular payment cycle. Please allow 2-3 business days for
pending payouts to reach your bank account.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter and wish you and your team the best of luck with your business moving forward.

Regards,
Emma
Risk Analyst | Shopify

All funds are being released. Screenshots have been sent to GTRX and other necessary parties.

Please redirect your pitchforks to the next bit of drama.

This is good news! Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 09:15:00 »
Thanks for the update.

QQ to all: Does anyone know if an extra B ended up being included in this set?

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 12:29:39 »
Got this a few weeks ago. I just hope GMK will have better spacebars when this ships out next year. :)

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 18:18:34 »

jeez. for not being a hater youre pretty happy to know a guy might potentially be homeless because of shopify. props to you for being really self aware

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 00:52:12 »

Happens more often than you think. We too are currently under suspension for the same reasons until next month. The bad news for participants here is that without cash reserves there is nothing MK will be able to do. We survived this issue by recommending buyers use PayPal at checkout while this was occurring. They also told me under no circumstances do they bring the review dates forward either, which last for 120 days.

Hi bro, not sure if you remember me, i was the one unfortunate dude that wasn't able to get tangies because i paid via credit card, it didn't push thru (all good now, it was a protection thingy from my bank) i again would like to thank SK for having an amazing after sales service (even if i wasn't able to get any) .

Question tho, i'm kinda new so i don't know if my order will be affected. I ordered GMK Nord thru ZF together with GMK Hammerhead. Is this going to push thru? I mean not sure what mkultra is.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 02:19:48 »
Question tho, i'm kinda new so i don't know if my order will be affected. I ordered GMK Nord thru ZF together with GMK Hammerhead. Is this going to push thru? I mean not sure what mkultra is.

MKUltra is a US based vendor, the discussion here was regarding a concern that there would be a hold up in MKUltra placing the order for GMK Nord because Shopify (the payment system they use) was withholding funds. This is no longer the case, so there’s nothing to worry about.

You’d have to check with ZF about how they handle it when two pre-orders are placed in the same transaction, but I’d assume that each gets sent separately. Both sets are due in ‘Early 2021’ so if they have to wait till both sets are produced, you might have to wait a bit longer for whichever is produced first.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 05:44:49 »

MKUltra is a US based vendor, the discussion here was regarding a concern that there would be a hold up in MKUltra placing the order for GMK Nord because Shopify (the payment system they use) was withholding funds. This is no longer the case, so there’s nothing to worry about.

You’d have to check with ZF about how they handle it when two pre-orders are placed in the same transaction, but I’d assume that each gets sent separately. Both sets are due in ‘Early 2021’ so if they have to wait till both sets are produced, you might have to wait a bit longer for whichever is produced first.

I see, thank you for taking time to reply. :thumb:

As for the ZF Purchase. Sadly i purchased them all together, including the grab bags, which was in stock when i bought it, ZF really have horrible after sales! I mean i had to email them a couple of time, then get a response but does not say my request will be done, my request was to get different receipts for each item for tax purposes.

I didn't realize that i had to purchase separately  :)) but i didn't really need to grab bags anyways, so i'm guessing all 3 will be shipped all together next year.  ^-^ Lesson learned. But moving forward i will get all my stuff via SK, given how Stef and the SK Discord community helped me out last time. As long as they can ship to the Philippines on my future purchases, i'll be buying all stuff i wanted from them. (I'm eyeing on Nightshade, Alpine65 KB, GMK Alpine, JTK Nightsakura, GMK Colorchrome... Man, i just realized the more i stay in this forum, the more i get deeper.

Also waiting for a good 1800 layout, i need it 1. (i passed on the mini 1800's)

Offline ishwerp

Re: [GB] GMK Nord | GB CLOSED
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 01:51:43 »
Any update on the status of this keyset, and when its gonna be fulfilled?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 03:40:58 »
Any update on the status of this keyset, and when its gonna be fulfilled?

most likely not anytime soon. expect sometime next year around the same time (q3/q4).

GMK Dracula hasn't even finished colormatching yet and this set has a similar amount of custom colors so it's going to take probably as long if not even longer.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 15:33:15 »
most likely not anytime soon. expect sometime next year around the same time (q3/q4).

Is the GMK backlog really that bad? :/

Would be weird if I got GMK Bento R2 (which I assume will be easier, since a re-run) before GMK Nord, having ordered them two months apart, haha

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 22:41:50 »
The last thing I heard about this was in an email update from MKUltra last week (9/4/20):

"GMK Nord

C'mon GMK, get with the program! We need an invoice!"

Have the other vendors been invoiced by GMK yet?  Or is there one invoice that gets sent to a lead vendor that they all contribute to?  I have no idea how they handle that.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 14:52:50 »
Bummed! Nord and Dracula are my favorite color schemes :(

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 17:30:14 »

I see, thank you for taking time to reply. :thumb:

As for the ZF Purchase. Sadly i purchased them all together, including the grab bags, which was in stock when i bought it, ZF really have horrible after sales! I mean i had to email them a couple of time, then get a response but does not say my request will be done, my request was to get different receipts for each item for tax purposes.

I didn't realize that i had to purchase separately  :)) but i didn't really need to grab bags anyways, so i'm guessing all 3 will be shipped all together next year.  ^-^ Lesson learned. But moving forward i will get all my stuff via SK, given how Stef and the SK Discord community helped me out last time. As long as they can ship to the Philippines on my future purchases, i'll be buying all stuff i wanted from them. (I'm eyeing on Nightshade, Alpine65 KB, GMK Alpine, JTK Nightsakura, GMK Colorchrome... Man, i just realized the more i stay in this forum, the more i get deeper.

Also waiting for a good 1800 layout, i need it 1. (i passed on the mini 1800's)

Thanks for the kind words!  :)

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:19:25 »
Updates?
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline dstaar

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 23:35:32 »
[removed]
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 March 2021, 21:37:41 by dstaar »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 04:16:19 »
The last thing I heard about this was in an email update from MKUltra last week (9/4/20):

"GMK Nord

C'mon GMK, get with the program! We need an invoice!"

Have the other vendors been invoiced by GMK yet?  Or is there one invoice that gets sent to a lead vendor that they all contribute to?  I have no idea how they handle that.

FWIW GMK invoicing has been a bit delayed the last few weeks

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 13:32:13 »
Mkultra sent out an update yesterday that included this about GMK Nord, so I guess they've almost paid GMK:

"GMK Nord

We've been waiting forever for an invoice and finally our prayers were heard. The invoice has been received, payment is pending and to celebrate we've put up a limited number of extras already! Grab them while they're hot!"

Has any color matching been going on, or is GMK waiting until after they get paid to start that?  They've been really slow at color matching during the pandemic.  Gtrx?  Any comment?

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 16:41:17 »
MkUltra also marked on the extras that expected arrival is somewhere between februrary and april 2021 which would be fast IMO

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 12:03:54 »
Mkultra sent out an update yesterday that included this about GMK Nord, so I guess they've almost paid GMK:

"GMK Nord

We've been waiting forever for an invoice and finally our prayers were heard. The invoice has been received, payment is pending and to celebrate we've put up a limited number of extras already! Grab them while they're hot!"

Has any color matching been going on, or is GMK waiting until after they get paid to start that?  They've been really slow at color matching during the pandemic.  Gtrx?  Any comment?

Hey, CK has told me that gmk began color matching, although no timeframe as to when I'll be receiving samples. GMK has been pretty slow recently.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 14:18:32 »

"GMK Nord

Hey, CK has told me that gmk began color matching, although no timeframe as to when I'll be receiving samples. GMK has been pretty slow recently.

Glad to hear that we're in the color matching phase.

Offline pleasega

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 05:33:39 »
will this have a 1 year old birthday celebration like dracc?

Offline noorejji

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 06:25:38 »
will this have a 1 year old birthday celebration like dracc?
Naturally.

Offline Duckstroyer

• Fiance doesn't understand 500 dollar metal
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 12:23:35 »
Picked up a preorder extra from MKUltra!

Couldn't be more excited

Offline Invezting

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 01:17:41 »
this on a navy board would be niceeeeeee

Offline Fklr

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 03:25:29 »
Hi Invezting,

I bought gmk nord to use it in a ultramarine keyboard.
Ps: Are  you  from Portugal?

Offline uncleakamai

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 18:12:07 »

I'm planning on putting these on my Deep Ocean Think6.5 v2 :)

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 04:35:49 »

Very definitely, I’ve got a ‘deep blue’ KBD8X MKII that I’ve got Oblivion on right now, but I think it’s going to look even better with Nord!

Offline Duckstroyer

• Fiance doesn't understand 500 dollar metal
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 12:50:26 »

I'm planning on putting these on my Deep Ocean Think6.5 v2 :)

Same board for me! Gonna look hot as hell

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 20:18:33 »
Candykeys still says samples approved on their site, but I didn't think designer ever got samples? Is there any update on this?
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 02:33:34 »
Candykeys still says samples approved on their site, but I didn't think designer ever got samples? Is there any update on this?

Hmm, I’d be inclined to believe CandyKeys typically when it comes to GMK sets - being about 1h30 away from the GMK factory. I always suspect that they get notified about changes to orders very quickly due to this. Though this is only my suspicion, hehe.

CandyKeys update from 9th January was that final sample sets are on the way to the designer.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2021, 02:35:22 by -Jerry- »

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 17:19:14 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2021, 11:46:07 by -Jerry- »

Offline lz2019

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:46:13 »
does anyone know any status update of this set?
thanks.

Offline Fklr

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 22:02:43 »
Gtrx on discord:
@everyone
Concerning GMK Nord updates: I'm sorry for going radio silent for a long time. From now on, I will focus on weekly updates every saturday.
Samples: Due to miscommunication with gmk,  I received samples of very old colors. R2 has been requested with up to date ones, so these ones aren't very representative of Gmk Nord. The alpha and mod colors are especially different. The only color that stayed the same is the green.
Deskmats: R1 samples have been rejected, as they weren't what I envisioned them and I am awaiting r2.
Thank you for supporting gmk nord heart

Offline Fklr

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 22:05:33 »
Pic:
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 22:08:40 by Fklr »

Offline sneekypoo

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 22:34:11 »
Damn 10 months and still color matching. Guessing we won't see these this year.

Offline lz2019

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 23:39:03 »
Gtrx on discord:
@everyone
Concerning GMK Nord updates: I'm sorry for going radio silent for a long time. From now on, I will focus on weekly updates every saturday.
Samples: Due to miscommunication with gmk,  I received samples of very old colors. R2 has been requested with up to date ones, so these ones aren't very representative of Gmk Nord. The alpha and mod colors are especially different. The only color that stayed the same is the green.
Deskmats: R1 samples have been rejected, as they weren't what I envisioned them and I am awaiting r2.
Thank you for supporting gmk nord heart

Thanks!   It's disappointed this is still in color matching, but at least there will be weekly updates on discord, that's much better.