Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433314 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry replica set)
« Reply #1250 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 08:43:47 »
I'm actually in the process of creating a website that will help people run GBs, no ETA on the completion yet because it will likely take a very long time since I already have 2 jobs to deal with.

I'm actually in the process of creating a website that will help people run GBs, no ETA on the completion yet because it will likely take a very long time since I already have 2 jobs to deal with.

That sounds great! Need any help?

You guys might be interested in this thread

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43808.0

Offline skuko

« Reply #1251 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 08:51:52 »
Considering there hasn't been a update in 4 months I doubt that'll happen.

well, the OPs last post was on the 30th July, so i assume this will happen, i'm currently comtemplating on jumping in lolz.

Offline phx

« Reply #1252 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 09:12:36 »

That sounds great! Need any help?

You guys might be interested in this thread

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43808.0

hmmm interesting...
I'm gonna do some more planning on this and possibly send him a PM about it.
for anyone interested in helping, I will make a new post in the "making stuff together" sub-forum after I'm done with the planning stage. Will most likely be using js, php on mysql.

Offline audukent

« Reply #1253 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 10:21:51 »
I already forgot my order :(  Blah... I need to confirm if I got the numberpad keys or not
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1254 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 16:07:54 »
Considering there hasn't been a update in 4 months I doubt that'll happen.

As stated in the OP we are waiting for Cherry legends to be finished. Technically they are available but if I got it right there will be the Nathan Set first before other GBs can use them.

So everything is still in plan. No need for Dan to post anything in this thread because there is nothing noteworthy...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1255 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 17:15:53 »
I feel a little bad for whoever ends up having to go through all the orders for this group buy, figure out which ones need fixing, find all the people who ordered, invoice, etc. with an order period as long as this ones had, thats going to be a herculean task.

Indeed!

I actually think it might be a good idea to discard all orders once the Cherry Legends and everything is ready and make everyone submit a fresh order.

Many people want to change their order anyway now or even forgot what they ordered in the first place. This would also reduce the risk of drop outs of people who placed an order months ago and now don't have the funds, etc.

I would say there are many drive by members who ordered this set who we will never ever see again :(

As long as they pay on time, they have at least helped to reduce the cost.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1256 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 17:17:41 »
I feel a little bad for whoever ends up having to go through all the orders for this group buy, figure out which ones need fixing, find all the people who ordered, invoice, etc. with an order period as long as this ones had, thats going to be a herculean task.

Indeed!

I actually think it might be a good idea to discard all orders once the Cherry Legends and everything is ready and make everyone submit a fresh order.

Many people want to change their order anyway now or even forgot what they ordered in the first place. This would also reduce the risk of drop outs of people who placed an order months ago and now don't have the funds, etc.

I would say there are many drive by members who ordered this set who we will never ever see again :(

My concern is they will just be 'gone' or have moved on when it comes time for invoicing.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1257 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 17:26:15 »

Indeed!

My concern is they will just be 'gone' or have moved on when it comes time for invoicing.

Exactly!

Almost inevitably some will drop out, whether established members or one-offs.  Hopefully there are enough orders left that the quantity will not drop to a lower price tier.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:11:49 »

Indeed!

Exactly!

Almost inevitably some will drop out, whether established members or one-offs.  Hopefully there are enough orders left that the quantity will not drop to a lower price tier.

the base set is double the number needed for the cheapest tier. i suspect that theres not much threat of losing half the participants.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
« Reply #1259 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:23:59 »
I will order closer to the time it closes, definitely in for a modifier kit for myself and my m8 wants the base.
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline backno

« Reply #1260 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:24:11 »
I joined this board for this group buy several months ago and I am not going anywhere.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1261 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:47:25 »
I joined this board for this group buy several months ago and I am not going anywhere.

Not posting much though ;)

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #1262 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:45:44 »
Whoa! just ordered today... amazing set and I´m not leaving it behind.
I really want these caps   : )
congrats

Offline devilockz

« Reply #1263 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:47:06 »
is this GB still taking order?   ;D

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1264 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:48:30 »
Yes and probably will be for another couple months.  Fair warning this GB will be a while.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #1265 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:28:41 »
sure. Please order it :D
Yes and probably will be for another couple months.  Fair warning this GB will be a while.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline skuko

« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:52:06 »
just completed my order form, i really do hope this goes through :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 13:21:25 »

It will go through, just waiting on Cherry replicas to become available after their first keyset finishes their group buy.

I'm also going to add more items to this group buy in the future, some of which I've mentioned before:
Gamer sets
blanks
8x and 10x spacebars
*maybe* some toxic polycarb options depending on what Signature Plastics can support.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Jesterfox

« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 14:31:46 »
An option for a seperate GX winkeyless kit would be nice too (or the 1x picture modifiers alone)

Maybe any chances for a 6.5 space bar? (just to bring it up agein ;-)
Gaming Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Red // Typing Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Metallic Blue MX Blue
NEO // G80 1000 HAD 07 // G80 3000 LQCDE-02 // Raptorgaming K1 // G84 4700  // G84 4400 PRBDE
G85 Barracuda XT // G83 13000 Cybo@rd // Cherry STRAIT // FSC KBPC PX // needs repair: HP Vectra KBD

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1269 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 14:46:15 »
An option for a seperate GX winkeyless kit would be nice too (or the 1x picture modifiers alone)

Maybe any chances for a 6.5 space bar? (just to bring it up agein ;-)

I'm not sure if Signature Plastics makes a 6.5x spacebar, what MX compatible keyboard even has 6.5?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1270 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 15:24:19 »

It will go through, just waiting on Cherry replicas to become available after their first keyset finishes their group buy.

I'm also going to add more items to this group buy in the future, some of which I've mentioned before:
Gamer sets
blanks
8x and 10x spacebars
*maybe* some toxic polycarb options depending on what Signature Plastics can support.

Count me in what would you like for me to do on updating my order.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Jesterfox

« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 19:17:05 »
The Corsair Keyboards (I plan for a K65 TKL) have this toghether with an odd mix of modifiers:

1.5 ctrl - 1 win - 1.25 alt - 6.5 space - 1.25 alt - 1 win - 1 menu - 1.5 ctrl
Gaming Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Red // Typing Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Metallic Blue MX Blue
NEO // G80 1000 HAD 07 // G80 3000 LQCDE-02 // Raptorgaming K1 // G84 4700  // G84 4400 PRBDE
G85 Barracuda XT // G83 13000 Cybo@rd // Cherry STRAIT // FSC KBPC PX // needs repair: HP Vectra KBD

Offline witbliz

« Reply #1272 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 12:29:27 »
Order submitted and here for the long wait :)

Offline devilockz

« Reply #1273 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 14:00:59 »
order submitted !! bump

Offline Forever

« Reply #1274 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 05:51:05 »
Still waiting for invoicing

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 05:55:38 »
Well since none has been sent out yet, im not really surprised.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1276 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 06:22:28 »
any update on when the large sized space bars might be making it to the order form??

Offline mauri

« Reply #1277 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 06:30:13 »

Gamer sets
blanks
8x and 10x spacebars

Polycarb yeaa that's what I'm talking bout
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1278 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 08:02:25 »

You're going to be waiting a while mate, I'll be amazed if this is invoiced before the end of the year yet. We still need to wait on the first Cherry Legends group buy which hasn't even been started yet  :D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline skuko

« Reply #1279 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:43:59 »

You're going to be waiting a while mate, I'll be amazed if this is invoiced before the end of the year yet. We still need to wait on the first Cherry Legends group buy which hasn't even been started yet  :D

can you please elaborate on this? i'm all new to this kind of stuff, would be nice to know the background, what is a "Cherry Legends group buy" please?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1280 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:51:13 »

can you please elaborate on this? i'm all new to this kind of stuff, would be nice to know the background, what is a "Cherry Legends group buy" please?

Here are the basics:

For years the Signiture Plastics standard font was used for group buys on Geekhack. Many people prefer the classic font from the vintage Cherry Keyboards. So money was collected to recreate this font. This project was finished recently and there will be a GB soon. After this GB is done we can use the Cherry font for the Toxic GB, so it will be a couple of months until invoices can go out.

Offline Forever

« Reply #1281 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:02:00 »
Well since none has been sent out yet, im not really surprised.
Imaybe we can get toxic in 2018?

Offline skuko

« Reply #1282 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:10:17 »

Here are the basics:

For years the Signiture Plastics standard font was used for group buys on Geekhack. Many people prefer the classic font from the vintage Cherry Keyboards. So money was collected to recreate this font. This project was finished recently and there will be a GB soon. After this GB is done we can use the Cherry font for the Toxic GB, so it will be a couple of months until invoices can go out.

thanks for the info, will that upcoming cherry GB be held on geekhack? i need to keep an eye out for that too :D

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 11:18:32 »
Yeah it should be here in the same sub-forum, keep an eye out over the next month or so.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline backno

« Reply #1284 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:39:34 »

Not posting much though ;)

No point is posting when I have nothing to add to any of the conversations :p

Offline swi7z3r

« Reply #1285 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 02:13:37 »
ORDERED. First GB purchase! ....well... future purchase. [base, mods, num, 6.2 x2, + vendor]

Got a leopold 10 keyless from a mate that I've been itching to tart up. And... just ordered a 21 key leopold numpad (HOTAS for excel essentially, HA!) the work machine is going to look so hot.

PS: for clarity, I need the 6.2 universal space for my Leopold correct?  How does that work anyway? do the stab. mounts not have vertical spacers? what's the effect there in practice?

Thanks dudes! GH4eva!

Offline chu_

« Reply #1286 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 08:26:48 »
In for a Set aswell.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1287 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:01:21 »
ORDERED. First GB purchase! ....well... future purchase. [base, mods, num, 6.2 x2, + vendor]

Got a leopold 10 keyless from a mate that I've been itching to tart up. And... just ordered a 21 key leopold numpad (HOTAS for excel essentially, HA!) the work machine is going to look so hot.

PS: for clarity, I need the 6.2 universal space for my Leopold correct?  How does that work anyway? do the stab. mounts not have vertical spacers? what's the effect there in practice?

Thanks dudes! GH4eva!
Leopold uses 6.2 spacebar.  It has some weird mounts on it, not sure that the spacebar will work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:52:18 by MKULTRA »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1288 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:19:41 »
Leopold uses 6.5 spacebar.  It has some weird mounts on it, not sure that the spacebar will work.

Depending which leopold it is a universal may not work. They should all have 6.2x spacebars but the stem spacing is different on a FC700 and FC500. I think only the FC200 and FC300 can use the universal.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #1289 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:25:06 »
Leopold FC200 can use the universal space bars.  But that's the only model of Leo that I've used, personally.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Jayne

« Reply #1290 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 16:32:59 »
Sent order. This set looks sexy, I signed up for the base, modifiers, and numpad.
I'm going to have to decide if I want my top number keys striped or not, Maybe checkerboard!
It's going to be so much fun arranging key. The colors look awesome and I'm glad that we can use that awesome cherry font.

My only question is about the Enter Shift, and Caps lock keys. I'm picky about arrows and symbols on them. Are they going to look just like they do on the legend?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1291 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 17:38:32 »
In for a Set aswell.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Have patience - this group buy could be running for a few months yet.

Offline swi7z3r

« Reply #1292 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:19:28 »
Leopold FC200 can use the universal space bars.  But that's the only model of Leo that I've used, personally.

Sweet, mine's a 200!  This is joyous news.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #1293 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:37:03 »
I'm sorry if I'm being completely idiotic right now, but the price for a set is $56.12 after 250 different individuals have ordered correct? Or is it that you have to order 250 sets in order to get that pricing? I'm assuming it's the first as this is a GB... but I wanted to make sure.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1294 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 01:10:10 »
If the whole group buy has 250 orders of that pack, every one of them will cost $56.12. You can of course greatly accelerate this by ordering say 200 sets yourself... The 250 orders don't have to be from 250 different individuals.  ;)

Offline chu_

« Reply #1295 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 05:13:59 »
In for a Set aswell.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Have patience - this group buy could be running for a few months yet.

Thank you.
And i know that GB's will take some time.

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #1296 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 06:55:32 »
i think this  set will start collecting money at the next year :D lol
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1297 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 07:28:51 »
i think this  set will start collecting money at the next year :D lol

No worries, I am a very patient person  8) .

Offline rippor

« Reply #1298 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:58:34 »
I posted my order for a basic set as well as the numpad. I cant wait to get these sick keys

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1299 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 11:24:37 »
I posted my order for a basic set as well as the numpad. I cant wait to get these sick keys

Welcome to Geekhack!

I hope you are aware of the fact that this set won't be produced any time soon. My guess is 6months from now. So be patient!