Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433303 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry replica set)
« Reply #1550 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 09:07:51 »
IC thread regarding Dvorak kit for this posted in proper section

For the lazy

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51208.0

you beat me to it spamray.  What do you think?

You might want a username entry for the voting otherwise I can just vote no 100x :P

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1551 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 09:08:46 »
IC thread regarding Dvorak kit for this posted in proper section

For the lazy

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51208.0

you beat me to it spamray.  What do you think?

You might want a username entry for the voting otherwise I can just vote no 100x :P

I had actually just thought of that after I posted the form.  Will see if I can figure that one out.

Edit:  Form replaced
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 09:21:17 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #1552 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 19:52:31 »
any update on the color situation?
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1553 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 20:14:29 »
are these still for order? id love to fill out the form for a num pad set and gh keys.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1554 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 01:37:35 »
are these still for order? id love to fill out the form for a num pad set and gh keys.

These are still for order, and will be until the first Cherry replica GB has moved forward.

There was some talk about going with GMK for this, but they can only do the standard layout, and colour would not match with SP's custom keycaps.

There was also talk about having everyone resubmit their orders in case people who ordered a year ago have changed their mind or simply disappeared.

We don't want to hold up the payment phase too much ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1555 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 01:45:22 »

These are still for order, and will be until the first Cherry replica GB has moved forward.

There was some talk about going with GMK for this, but they can only do the standard layout, and colour would not match with SP's custom keycaps.

There was also talk about having everyone resubmit their orders in case people who ordered a year ago have changed their mind or simply disappeared.

We don't want to hold up the payment phase too much ...

Thank You!!! Oh just realized the GH arent sold by them selves :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 November 2013, 01:47:23 by dustinhxc »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1556 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 17:54:46 »
At the moment I am going to get one of the sample keys and send it to GMK for them to try and color match. It is looking very likely that we may handle payment and shipping through mass drop because this group buy got WAY bigger than I anticipated and I don't want to move $50-60k+ through my bank account.

If this doesn't happen through GMK then my next group buy will be with GMK through Mass Drop.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #1557 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 18:27:50 »
At the moment I am going to get one of the sample keys and send it to GMK for them to try and color match. It is looking very likely that we may handle payment and shipping through mass drop because this group buy got WAY bigger than I anticipated and I don't want to move $50-60k+ through my bank account.

If this doesn't happen through GMK then my next group buy will be with GMK through Mass Drop.

I'm not currently in on this group buy, but appreciate all the work you've put into it Daniel.  Have always had a good experience with Massdrop so good to see you're able to get them involved with GH

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1558 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 02:04:50 »

Oh wow! More GMK GBs incoming  :eek:

Have you already thought about a design and a  color scheme or is this just a general plan you have?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1559 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 14:19:48 »

Have you already thought about a design and a  color scheme or is this just a general plan you have?

General plan, but it'll need to be something that people can get interested in. We used to be only paying maybe around 15-20% markup on 110 key Cherry sets at Originative but the Dolch and other buys are looking like much higher premiums are being charged. With MassDrop it is only 15% and shipping costs are much cheaper because they have a deal. The gentleman at MassDrop I spoke with said they love the keyboard enthusiast community since we are so patient with group buys and pretty quick to pull the trigger on what we want. I think we would also be able to give everyone 3-4 weeks to be able to participate instead of the normal 7-14 days that most MassDrops have ordering open for.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1560 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:16:31 »
Any idea when this is going to go down with mass drop?

Do they handle payment any different?

Would we still be going the vendor kits?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1561 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:14:37 »

General plan, but it'll need to be something that people can get interested in. We used to be only paying maybe around 15-20% markup on 110 key Cherry sets at Originative but the Dolch and other buys are looking like much higher premiums are being charged. With MassDrop it is only 15% and shipping costs are much cheaper because they have a deal. The gentleman at MassDrop I spoke with said they love the keyboard enthusiast community since we are so patient with group buys and pretty quick to pull the trigger on what we want. I think we would also be able to give everyone 3-4 weeks to be able to participate instead of the normal 7-14 days that most MassDrops have ordering open for.

So stoked this is moving forward with Massdrop! I think it will definitely help to bring some people into the GB that my be wary or unfamiliar with GB's here, having it on Massdrop means people are going to be a lot more trusting.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1562 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:37:43 »

So stoked this is moving forward with Massdrop! I think it will definitely help to bring some people into the GB that my be wary or unfamiliar with GB's here, having it on Massdrop means people are going to be a lot more trusting.

I'm still unsure about this Massdrop thing ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1563 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 21:08:05 »
Got my poker 2 from massdrop.  Shipped without blank space bar. 

They sourced them and sent it without any issues shortly after.
Only had the one experience with them; but went smoothly.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1564 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 21:08:51 »
Massdrop themselves have to profit right?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1565 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 01:35:54 »
Massdrop themselves have to profit right?

Sure they have to make a profit. But if it's a fair share there is nothing wrong with it.

On the other hand it saves Dan a lot of trouble with shipping, packaging, collecting payments via PayPal (which would probably lock his account) etc. Other GBs charge a GB fee, paypal fees, sorting fees etc. - if Massdrop does all this it's only fair they get money for it. For us it probably won't make a big difference.

The only thing that sucks for international buyers is that Massdrop is a regular company that will label the orders correctly and not undervalue stuff. In my case this would mean I'd have to pay 40$ of taxes for my 200$ order :(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1566 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 08:49:31 »
Also what sort of support will there be with massdrop for missing/damaged keys etc?

Offline osxoep

« Reply #1567 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 11:13:47 »
I did a drop for some mono price earphones, one was missing something and they sent the missing part (internationally) at their expense.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline nopunchespulled

« Reply #1568 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 21:54:55 »
so when would I need to sign up with massdrop to get this, or is it still thru here?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1569 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 22:04:57 »
so when would I need to sign up with massdrop to get this, or is it still thru here?

Dan will update this thread once it goes live on Massdrop, I'd say we're still a way off that yet.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline piraterice

« Reply #1570 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 07:07:31 »
any news for when the set will reopen?

Offline bench

« Reply #1571 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:35:53 »
Reopen?
Did it close yet?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1572 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:39:45 »
Reopen?
Did it close yet?

No daniel is working out the final details and I believe he will probably start over with all new orders with a slightly different approach. Just stay tuned to this thread.

Offline Reptile

« Reply #1573 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 08:01:13 »
Surprised I haven't missed this set. But I definitely need it however long it takes :)
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1574 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:31:24 »
Any plans to make a toxic USB cable?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1575 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 21:50:02 »
So excited for this, funnily enough I was worried about having the money to pay for this when I signed up in March  :p

Offline noobandroid

« Reply #1576 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:47:37 »
this thing is gonna venture into next year mids, i think june or july?
HHKB

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1577 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 13:52:11 »
this thing is gonna venture into next year mids, i think june or july?

I seriously doubt it. Still waiting on some stuff to come together though so who knows.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1578 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 14:01:07 »
I think restarting this GB in January would be perfect.

People have a fresh keyboard bugdet for the new year and it might be easier to do a more expensive GMK set :)

Offline blighty

« Reply #1579 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 17:39:34 »
Note that massdrop ships  via UPS Ground only.  So no delivery to USPS PO boxes, and packages are just left on doorstep/stairs/bushes, with no signature required. Oh, and if there is a shipping error, they won't allow packages to be rerouted or returned to sender.  So if you package gets misdirected,  they blame you, the buyer, for their/UPS' ****up and you get nothing.  Good lu k with Massdrop...
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1580 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 17:41:10 »
Note that massdrop ships  via UPS Ground only.  So no delivery to USPS PO boxes, and packages are just left on doorstep/stairs/bushes, with no signature required. Oh, and if there is a shipping error, they won't allow packages to be rerouted or returned to sender.  So if you package gets misdirected,  they blame you, the buyer, for their/UPS' ****up and you get nothing.  Good lu k with Massdrop...

massdrop is pretty reasonable themselves and if that happens they ship you a new item

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #1581 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 17:44:15 »

massdrop is pretty reasonable themselves and if that happens they ship you a new item

I am still waiting for things from their first Ergodox run and they keep giving excuses, just fyi.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1582 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 17:46:32 »

I am still waiting for things from their first Ergodox run and they keep giving excuses, just fyi.

but when they do get **** out they have plenty of extras on hand to give

Offline osi

« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 08:59:12 »
Want!! :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1584 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:00:12 »

but when they do get **** out they have plenty of extras on hand to give

Don't they run out when selling things? Why would they have extra if they sold out...

Offline blighty

« Reply #1585 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:18:49 »

My personal experience with Massdrop didn't get me my product. I lucked out that paypal sided with me in the dispute after UPS dropped it off at an address they thought I might live at, a few thousand miles away from the PO box I use.   I did not get my gear, but at least I didn't lose any money.  For once PayPal does right? :)
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1586 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:37:19 »

My personal experience with Massdrop didn't get me my product. I lucked out that paypal sided with me in the dispute after UPS dropped it off at an address they thought I might live at, a few thousand miles away from the PO box I use.   I did not get my gear, but at least I didn't lose any money.  For once PayPal does right? :)

Paypal will pretty much always side with the buyer if the seller can't prove delivery to you. And if you're worried about how they MassDrop handle it you have to remember that sets are bound to be lost in transit or have missing keys in any GB, better that those sort of costs are absorbed by MD than by members here.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1587 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:38:55 »

Paypal will pretty much always side with the buyer if the seller can't prove delivery to you. And if you're worried about how they MassDrop handle it you have to remember that sets are bound to be lost in transit or have missing keys in any GB, better that those sort of costs are absorbed by MD than by members here.

Missing keys would be my biggest concern with massdrop. If doing a buy like we normally do through massdrop who sorts the keysets??

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1588 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:47:35 »

Missing keys would be my biggest concern with massdrop. If doing a buy like we normally do through massdrop who sorts the keysets??

Massdrop handles all the sorting and shipping.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #1589 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 09:13:59 »
If this groupbuy becomes a SP and GMK mixture, I will support them both  :p

IMO, SP keycaps are very good for Cherry MX blue, it will help the sound better.
Besides, this GB started with SP, it will be a nice business gesture if we continue to buy from them.
:thumb:
Regarding the Massdrop, I have no experience with them so I hope it will turn out nicely  :))
I like linear switches

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #1590 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 03:41:47 »
Love this colour scheme!

I couldn't wade through all 53 pages of this thread, is an ergodox set going to happen? Saw there was some discussion about it 20 pages ago...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1591 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 04:01:29 »
Love this colour scheme!

I couldn't wade through all 53 pages of this thread, is an ergodox set going to happen? Saw there was some discussion about it 20 pages ago...

The whole thing might be going through Massdrop instead.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 14:17:31 »
Any chance we can get an update in the OP??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 14:20:30 »
Any chance we can get an update in the OP??

Daniel's a busy guy. I'm sure if he had news he'd post it.

Offline noobandroid

« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:51:43 »
i cant even remember did i pay for this or not :/
HHKB

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1595 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:52:06 »
i cant even remember did i pay for this or not :/

Hasn't been invoiced yet so I doubt it!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1596 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:24:27 »
This was actually the first GB I ever participated when I joined Geekhack back in 2012.

I can't believe we haven't even reached the invoicing phase yet :D

Will we get this set in 2014? We haven't even decided whether we go with SP or GMK right?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1597 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 09:48:08 »
This was actually the first GB I ever participated when I joined Geekhack back in 2012.

I can't believe we haven't even reached the invoicing phase yet :D

Will we get this set in 2014? We haven't even decided whether we go with SP or GMK right?

Hahaha yeah I joined just for Toxic, my first posts were in this very thread. Was worth the wait especially considering GMK's recently reduced MOQ.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #1598 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:38:51 »
especially considering GMK's recently reduced MOQ.

Can you elaborate on this? I had not heard.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1599 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:39:57 »
especially considering GMK's recently reduced MOQ.

Can you elaborate on this? I had not heard.

The MOQ for printed caps went from 400 down to 250. However blanks and windowed caps are still at 400.