Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433336 times)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Re: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #1750 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:47:21 »
awesome.

Any chance for proper profile home cluster keys for 1800s?

Edit: I am an idiot, completely missed that there is already a pic of these in the mockups
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:21:34 by whiskytango »
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1751 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:47:54 »
Oh boy, these mockups look just too good.

Consider me broke guys :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1752 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:51:56 »
awesome.

Any chance for proper profile home cluster keys for 1800s?

what are you missing
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1753 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:53:40 »
Just out of curiosity:

Which board uses a 9.75x spacebar? I have seen a board with a 10x spacebar but never this one.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1754 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:55:49 »
Just out of curiosity:

Which board uses a 9.75x spacebar? I have seen a board with a 10x spacebar but never this one.

i think a bunch of wyse boards do, im not entirely sure it was a special request

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1755 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:57:47 »
Just out of curiosity:

i think a bunch of wyse boards do, im not entirely sure it was a special request

Yup a lot of WYSE terminal boards use them.  I have bought 3 at local erecyclers for $3 each.  I didn't realize that SP had a space bar mold that size though.  I thought just 8, 9, and 10 for the bigger ones.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1756 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:03:31 »
Just out of curiosity:

Yup a lot of WYSE terminal boards use them.  I have bought 3 at local erecyclers for $3 each.  I didn't realize that SP had a space bar mold that size though.  I thought just 8, 9, and 10 for the bigger ones.

we checked

they do

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1757 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:07:55 »
55707-0

Nice work bunny
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #1758 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:13:12 »
Just out of curiosity:

Is anyone really planning on putting this on a WYSE board? I don't think there are enough keys in the compatibility packs even to fill out the rest of any WYSE terminal board. Even the most normal one (WYSE PCE 840358-01) has a messed up bottom row with 2.5x control keys that require stabilizers, but that one does use 8x space bar.

However, there are several GH60 plates that will accept a 10x spacebar. I am also interested in getting 10x capability added to future Phantom plates. May I humbly suggest that if you are going to include 9.75x (and 8x for that matter) for keyboards that barely anyone is using, can we also get a 10x? Pretty please?

Edit: Strike my previous comment concerning 1800 keys. I am an idiot, completely missed that there is already a pic of these in the mockups.

Regardless, you're doing a kickass job Bunny. Like so many, this was also my first GB to sign up for and I am thrilled to see it come to completion.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:23:51 by whiskytango »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1759 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:23:54 »
Just out of curiosity:

Is anyone really planning on putting this on a WYSE board? I don't think there are enough keys in the compatibility packs even to fill out the rest of any WYSE terminal board. Even the most normal one (WYSE PCE 840358-01) has a messed up bottom row with 2.5x control keys that require stabilizers, but that one does use 8x space bar.

However, there are several GH60 plates that will accept a 10x spacebar. I am also interested in getting 10x capability added to future Phantom plates. May I humbly suggest that if you are going to include 9.75x (and 8x for that matter) for keyboards that barely anyone is using, can we also get a 10x? Pretty please?

The 1800 profile keys I asked about a few posts above, I don't think that's a huge deal either, but I thought I had seen it discussed earlier in this thread. I would suggest that there are a lot more 1800 users out there than there are WYSE users. You could add it as a separate kit for those 1800 specific keys, include both colors in the kit (like ISO), and I don't think it would detract from sales of the other kits.

Edit: I am an idiot, completely missed that there is already a pic of these in the mockups

Regardless, you're doing a kickass job Bunny. Like so many, this was also my first GB to sign up for and I am thrilled to see it come to completion.

we do have a separate 1800 kit,  with both colors in sir, i was asking what keys and what profiles you thought were missing as i thought i had it covered

edit - strike that just saw you retraction haha

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1760 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:25:17 »
Anyone planning on doing a 10x space bar for GH 60 if it is put in the kit?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1761 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:39:11 »
So how is this gonna work?

Will the OP be updated with an order link and all the new Mockups or will you make a new thread in the GB section / Ctrl Alt Store?

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #1762 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:40:33 »
ok, asking again ;-) is there any chance for a 6.5 space bar for Corsair keyboards?

^ This.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #1763 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:41:18 »
Just out of curiosity:

The 1800 profile keys I asked about a few posts above, I don't think that's a huge deal either, but I thought I had seen it discussed earlier in this thread. I would suggest that there are a lot more 1800 users out there than there are WYSE users. You could add it as a separate kit for those 1800 specific keys, include both colors in the kit (like ISO), and I don't think it would detract from sales of the other kits.

we do have a separate 1800 kit,  with both colors in sir, i was asking what keys and what profiles you thought were missing as i thought i had it covered

edit - strike that just saw you retraction haha

Again, sorry about that. I blame the cold medicine. Don't know why I would doubt you Bunny. It appears you do indeed have it covered.

WFD added 10x capability to all of the plates with 1.5 bottom rows, so if you're getting one of those plates, you should be able to use a 10x if you desire. I seem to remember there being a decent amount of interest in the gh60 gb thread for 10x.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1764 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:43:19 »

I've got a GH60 PCB on order in the 10x spacebar layout.  I was planning to use a nice vintage 10x spacebar that I got from Ivan, but it would be cool to have some new spacebar options.  Count me in.

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #1765 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:58:21 »
Toxic set wil be awesome if

The numpad kit, Replace symbol " <--l" by "Enter" character, and adjusting "+" and "-" to left size.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1766 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:58:37 »
ok fine

10 x will be included haha

Offline doub

« Reply #1767 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 12:00:26 »
its a custom made color just for this set

No blanks and a non-standard color (so I can't get blanks directly from SP), that means no toxic set for keyboards with extended or non-standard layouts. Or am I missing something?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1768 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 12:03:29 »
its a custom made color just for this set

No blanks and a non-standard color (so I can't get blanks directly from SP), that means no toxic set for keyboards with extended or non-standard layouts. Or am I missing something?

I would be willing to bet that blanks will be available after the GB.  I believe SP might actually have this as a standard color after the buy as well.  I would send SP an email on this.  Blanks from them aren't that bad priced though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1769 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 14:53:34 »
Matching Clack?

But that would be asking a bit much of CC ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 15:39:58 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #1770 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 15:01:21 »
*cough* Matching Clack or BroBot? *cough*

Toxic Bro  ;)

Offline Exroath

« Reply #1771 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 15:12:20 »
*cough* Matching Clack or BroBot? *cough*

Toxic Bro  ;)

^^ THIS!

Also TAKE MY MONIES!

Offline nomaded

« Reply #1772 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:42:55 »
I would be willing to bet that blanks will be available after the GB.  I believe SP might actually have this as a standard color after the buy as well.  I would send SP an email on this.  Blanks from them aren't that bad priced though.

Dammit. I thought I was safe and could skip this because there won't be blanks for the ErgoDox (1.5x and 2x keys) because of the custom color. But if SP will making this a standard color...

Argh, I already have 2 GBs yet to arrive for 1 ErgoDox. The wife won't understand why I'd want a 3 set of key caps.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1773 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:49:23 »
Argh, I already have 2 GBs yet to arrive for 1 ErgoDox. The wife won't understand why I'd want a 3 set of key caps.

You just need to give her 3 extra orgasms tonight, to help justify your purchase  :thumb: .

Offline sjchew

« Reply #1774 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 23:08:12 »
My wallet is ready! Just tell me when! :cool:

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #1775 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 01:02:35 »
My wallet is ready! Just tell me when! :cool:

Dammit! I thought this was never going to happen. I'm scrambling to get my wallet ready!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1776 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:28:46 »
just so people arent hitting f5 constantly and such

when we launch this gb we will make a new thread and daniel will lock this one to avoid confusion

we are looking to launch this on either wednesday 5th of march or friday the 7th

the reason for the extra week is we are trying to build in both paypal and stripe support into the website so you can have the option to pay at the checkout stage, but we will also give you the option to be invoiced if you wish

we are aiming to have this done by the wednesday, but ive set a cutoff for the friday where if it isnt ready, we will launch this on the old system, the only difference this really makes is more work for me due to invoicing, but shouldnt affect the user any

aside from that though, we are basically ready to go

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1777 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:38:18 »
Thanks for the update Bunny!

Knowing the date doesn't stop me from staring at the mockups though.

This is me since yesterday evening when you posted the kits

Offline Exroath

« Reply #1778 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:43:33 »
Any chance on a set for 60% keyboards?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1779 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:59:37 »
Oh man those mock-ups look beautiful. Shame GMK has ruined me for DCS caps, if this ever got re-run in SA I'd be all over it.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1780 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:01:43 »
I had just convinced myself to skip this set, but after I heard that 6.5x space bars would be included, I have to decide either to:

Only get alphas and modifiers so that I can afford the Penumbra numpad and tsangan

or

Get full toxic and skip Penumbra num + tsangan

or get both  :confused:

What to do?  :'(

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #1781 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:17:04 »
New to geekhack, how can I be part of these group buys?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1782 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:18:52 »

For this particular buy there will be another thread posted soon,read up a few posts for the details, and it will link you to the ctrl alt store website where you will be able to checkout.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1783 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:21:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

When we go live (Hopefully on the 5th, if not then should be the 7th latest) you will be able to take part in the GB, through our site CtrlAltGroupBuy.com

Any questions feel free to ask here or PM me :)

*Ninja'd by Spam  :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Exroath

« Reply #1784 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:26:21 »
wo wo wo .. this is uk based? You mean customs wont steal all my monies?
ooo defoo grabbing this now..
one question what size of space bar does the poker 2 have (still havent bought mine)

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #1785 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:38:42 »
one question what size of space bar does the poker 2 have (still havent bought mine)

Well... SP is based in the US, but there will be a proxy for you in EU
hello.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1786 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:44:00 »
I had just convinced myself to skip this set, but after I heard that 6.5x space bars would be included, I have to decide either to:

Only get alphas and modifiers so that I can afford the Penumbra numpad and tsangan

or

Toxic > Penumbra, but both would be optimal. :))
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1787 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:52:08 »

We are based in the UK, your UK order will be shipped from within the UK :)
But US orders are shipped from the US, we also have other proxies around the world for different areas.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Exroath

« Reply #1788 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:04:21 »

We are based in the UK, your UK order will be shipped from within the UK :)
But US orders are shipped from the US, we also have other proxies around the world for different areas.

Fantastic :D chop chop get this group buy rolling!!!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1789 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:08:40 »
Haha ;)

Glad you are as excited as I am. :))

We will be with you soon(TM)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1790 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:11:50 »
Haha ;)

Geekhack is never dull or boring since you guys arrived  :thumb: .

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1791 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:16:50 »

Haha ;)

But it is more expensive ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1792 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:22:12 »

Haha ;)

But it is more expensive ;)

Unfortunately :|
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline scott_

« Reply #1793 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:36:26 »
Would be awesome if you released a Dvorak kit. Any chance of that happening?

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1794 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:38:37 »

or

Toxic > Penumbra, but both would be optimal. :))

I would have to agree. Toxic it is  ;D

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #1795 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 19:36:25 »
I'm thinking of getting the Toxic Modifier for my Ducky Shine 3. I hope that it'll look decent

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1796 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 20:23:19 »
I'm thinking of getting the Toxic Modifier for my Ducky Shine 3. I hope that it'll look decent

Profile and key shape will be quite different, if you are still using stock keycaps.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #1797 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 20:35:31 »
toxic is my last set of SP sets. i always tell myself... lol

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1798 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:08:48 »
toxic is my last set of SP sets. i always tell myself... lol

Yeah I keep telling myself that after every GB is run here on Geekhack but alas I succumb to more key-sets.  It's atrocious trying to stay faithful to one Group Buy because they're all worth getting involved.

I could never refuse a GB orgy when it happens  :thumb: .

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1799 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 21:21:45 »
Yeah, sure. We believe you...