Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433336 times)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Re: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #1850 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:05:27 »
If this GB doesn't get a **** ton of orders now, I don't even know any longer.

EXCITEMENT!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1851 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:06:04 »
I think I just came
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #1852 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:09:42 »

Moist.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1853 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:12:40 »
Are you kidding me Bunny?!

How can you make each of your GBs better every time? First you offered a Hapster Key, then there were matching cables for the sets and now it's freaking Brobots?! Dafuq man?

What's next? Matching KMACs for the upcoming GMK sets? How are our wallets supposed to handle so much awesomeness?

I guess the next months will be dry bread and water for me :p

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1854 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:17:03 »
Are you kidding me Bunny?!

How can you make each of your GBs better every time? First you offered a Hapster Key, then there were matching cables for the sets and now it's freaking Brobots?! Dafuq man?

What's next? Matching KMACs for the upcoming GMK sets? How are our wallets supposed to handle so much awesomeness?

I guess the next months will be dry bread and water for me :p

Matching BEES!!!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1855 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:27:44 »
And to think I nearly gave up on this set. What a mistake that would have been.

I can't believe this set. Marking my calendar for the 5th.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1856 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:34:19 »
I hope we can have the biohazard key :d

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1857 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:39:04 »

i think thats brads legend isnt it

i havent contacted him about it but we would need his permission, it would be fitting and if we were allowed to use it id happily include it
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1858 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:40:06 »

i havent contacted him about it but we would need his permission, it would be fitting and if we were allowed to use it id happily include it

i thought it was dave's?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1859 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 15:40:55 »

i thought it was dave's?

it could be

in my head i was thinking brads but im most likely thinking of the nuke symbol

my bad

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1860 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 16:24:00 »
you need 1 or 2?

Two. It would be a replacement for the WinKey for Mac users.

Also, whatever happened to the vendor pack? Is that coming over as well?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1861 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 16:26:48 »
you need 1 or 2?

I would put the mac keys on my windows rig just to be a rebel
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1862 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 17:04:02 »
you need 1 or 2?

well ill include them sir

as for the vendor packs, i dont know, if any vendors contact me ill work something out with them, but this was so old i have no idea who will still wanna be in or not

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1863 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:00:44 »

You are my hero. Thank you!  :-*

as for the vendor packs, i dont know, if any vendors contact me ill work something out with them, but this was so old i have no idea who will still wanna be in or not

According to the original list...

1. KeyPop.net was going to contribute Crossbones and Smiley
2. TechKeys.US was going to include Refresh and Alien although I think the Nuke would fit well too.
3. ZOMG Keycaps! offered bio-hazard in 1x and 1.25x
4. sherryton - Jolly Roger skull
5. DanGWanG - 420

Adding a bunch of keys is probably a big PITA and I don't wish to de-rail things. Daniel was originally doing this as a separate set, so I don't know if that makes things easier or not. An alternative thought is that if the color is available to vendors, then they could add their own keys on their own dime.

You are the king shakka boo boo of organizing key set group buys, so you know better than anyone what makes the most sense. *bow*

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #1864 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:01:40 »
I'm sorry if I didn't understand correctly, but is this group buy closed? Or will I be able to order a set when the sale goes over to CtrlAlt?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1865 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:02:58 »
I'm sorry if I didn't understand correctly, but is this group buy closed? Or will I be able to order a set when the sale goes over to CtrlAlt?

itll be going on sale shortly

and for everyone else

teaser hype

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1866 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:03:51 »

You are my hero. Thank you!  :-*

According to the original list...

1. KeyPop.net was going to contribute Crossbones and Smiley
2. TechKeys.US was going to include Refresh and Alien although I think the Nuke would fit well too.
3. ZOMG Keycaps! offered bio-hazard in 1x and 1.25x
4. sherryton - Jolly Roger skull
5. DanGWanG - 420

Adding a bunch of keys is probably a big PITA and I don't wish to de-rail things. Daniel was originally doing this as a separate set, so I don't know if that makes things easier or not. An alternative thought is that if the color is available to vendors, then they could add their own keys on their own dime.

You are the king shakka boo boo of organizing key set group buys, so you know better than anyone what makes the most sense. *bow*

yeah, im not sure how itll play out, i wasnt planning on doing it now however if any of those guys wanna contact me im happy to work out something with them either with them doing the keys on there own or including there legend in the gb etc

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1867 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:09:16 »
I know jolly roger and nuke were made since very long ago (jolly roger by 7bit's round 3 and nuke by tsangan's gb)
/Edit: the correct nuke legend most likely be made in the round 3 already... tsangan's one use the wrong one if I remember correctly)
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:12:03 by jil_jil32 »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1868 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:46:06 »
Just looking at the mockups on page 58 -- any reason why the non-toxic mods backspace has no arrow, but the toxic mods backspace has an arrow in addition to the text?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1869 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 18:52:11 »
Just looking at the mockups on page 58 -- any reason why the non-toxic mods backspace has no arrow, but the toxic mods backspace has an arrow in addition to the text?

just a mockup error

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1870 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:43:48 »

just a mockup error

So the arrow is intended to be there on all sets, correct?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1871 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 19:48:54 »
Yes

Offline Snooter

« Reply #1872 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 20:37:50 »
Bunny, you got us the windows 8 logo along with old school windows keys, is there any interest and/or possibility for the windows 7 logo? That's my personal favorite, for reference it's the one on the hyperfuse set.

Also any chance of getting inverse alphas? I asked a couples pages back but I don't think you saw. Long shot I know but can't hurt to ask.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1873 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:02:16 »
I think I recall Bunny saying "No more windows logos", but I'd also be interested in a Win 7 logo, if such a thing was a possibility. Win 7 is still my preferred OS, after all.

E: yeah, it's two pages back. No more windows logos :(

I guess I'll have to make do with that lovely classic windows logo. Gotta love it.

Offline Snooter

« Reply #1874 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:05:49 »
I think I recall Bunny saying "No more windows logos", but I'd also be interested in a Win 7 logo, if such a thing was a possibility. Win 7 is still my preferred OS, after all.

E: yeah, it's two pages back. No more windows logos :(

I guess I'll have to make do with that lovely classic windows logo. Gotta love it.

You're right, I went back and Bunny already nixed any more windows logos. Oh well I'm still so pumped this set is finally coming to fruition!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1875 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:15:39 »

You're right, I went back and Bunny already nixed any more windows logos. Oh well I'm still so pumped this set is finally coming to fruition!

Yeah. This set was pretty much the reason I joined GH. I haven't been very active, but that's more because I've been afraid for my wallet than anything else. School is expensive.

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #1876 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:28:56 »

and for everyone else

teaser hype

Show Image

oh...dang. Will this be available the same time the other sets hit the CtrlAltDel store?
More interested than I was months ago, and with the soon to be released set by Bro, i may want this!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1877 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 21:33:21 »

and for everyone else

teaser hype

Show Image

oh...dang. Will this be available the same time the other sets hit the CtrlAltDel store?
More interested than I was months ago, and with the soon to be released set by Bro, i may want this!

What other sets are you referring to?

This will be the next set available from Ctrl Alt. The original plan was for Ctrl Alt to switch to GMK from SP, but that is being delayed to make this set a reality. If history is any indicator, Bunny will start up the next group buy some time shortly after ordering finishes for this one.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1878 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 23:17:09 »
Show Image

Damn. Looks like I'm going to be getting this set after all  :)

And thanks Bunny for adding the old school WIN key to the extras pack.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 February 2014, 23:19:25 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline stancato9

« Reply #1879 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:42:19 »
If anyone is buying this set and doesn't want the brobots, I would be very grateful if you would allow me to buy them. :thumb:
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1880 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:48:52 »
If anyone is buying this set and doesn't want the brobots, I would be very grateful if you would allow me to buy them. :thumb:

Just buy the set.  Don't be difficult.  It is sexiness and a half and if you decide you hate it, well, you contributed to the MOQ and you can resell it at cost.

Offline stancato9

« Reply #1881 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:51:29 »

Just buy the set.  Don't be difficult.  It is sexiness and a half and if you decide you hate it, well, you contributed to the MOQ and you can resell it at cost.

That's true. I never thought about that as a possibility. :thumb: It is pure sexiness but I'm not that into ABS although I've never typed on GMK double shots. Maybe ill try it.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1882 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:52:16 »

That's true. I never thought about that as a possibility. :thumb: It is pure sexiness but I'm not that into ABS although I've never typed on GMK double shots. Maybe ill try it.

Its not going to be GMK tho. Last SP GB from bunny only because SP has the colors and GMK doesn't

Offline stancato9

« Reply #1883 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 01:53:27 »

Its not going to be GMK tho. Last SP GB from bunny only because SP has the colors and GMK doesn't

Aww damn. For some reason I had been thinking it was GMK. :(
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1884 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 02:50:04 »
Bunny, you got us the windows 8 logo along with old school windows keys, is there any interest and/or possibility for the windows 7 logo?

NO INTEREST at all here in this Group Buy BUDDY  >:( .

His use of old style Windows Logo is okay and much needed, because I'm happy with it  :thumb: .  No need for the foul logos of Win 8 and Win 7 (even though I am currently using both versions).

Sometimes you need to keep the unique older logos for the greater good here and quieten down a bit.  Thus far what he has proposed is good enough for manufacture as is and I'm happy to put down money on this as soon as possible.  Plus the fact that Bunny is running this whole show here you lot have nothing to worry about because it will come out superb from SP, just the way it should.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1885 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 03:08:39 »
Bunny, you got us the windows 8 logo along with old school windows keys, is there any interest and/or possibility for the windows 7 logo?

NO INTEREST at all here in this Group Buy BUDDY  >:( .

His use of old style Windows Logo is okay and much needed, because I'm happy with it  :thumb: .  No need for the foul logos of Win 8 and Win 7 (even though I am currently using both versions).

Sometimes you need to keep the unique older logos for the greater good here and quieten down a bit.  Thus far what he has proposed is good enough for manufacture as is and I'm happy to put down money on this as soon as possible.  Plus the fact that Bunny is running this whole show here you lot have nothing to worry about because it will come out superb from SP, just the way it should.

:thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1886 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 03:28:27 »
How many sets are likely to be produced? Just hoping I get my set!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1887 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 04:03:32 »
How many sets are likely to be produced? Just hoping I get my set!

Enough for everyone that orders it. And probably some extras as usual.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1888 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 04:36:37 »
Not sure if its been asked but now its going via Ctrl alt will a cable be available as well :D? Raccoon you got this, and if you do I'm going to have to hug you for 10 days and night but not including weekends >_> Okay :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1889 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 04:43:49 »
Not sure if its been asked but now its going via Ctrl alt will a cable be available as well :D? Raccoon you got this, and if you do I'm going to have to hug you for 10 days and night but not including weekends >_> Okay :D

Toxic is a custom made color, so it's not easy to find a cable with proper colors. Bunny said if he could find one, he probably would include it. :)

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1890 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:03:10 »
MDPC do a toxic green sleeving. Is that where he gets his sleeving from?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1891 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:41:12 »
raccoon has indeed been messaged about inclusion of cables

to date, we have been using parachord with the buys, mdpc is possible if we go ahead with a matching cable but it would have a minor increase in price i think

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1892 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:43:34 »

anyone seen to be selling the brobots from their order should they get a set, prior to their order being shipped, will have the bots cancelled from their order and the money for them refunded

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #1893 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:53:49 »

anyone seen to be selling the brobots from their order should they get a set, prior to their order being shipped, will have the bots cancelled from their order and the money for them refunded

Does this mean the number of available BroBots is limited (..."should they get a set..."), or are you just saying if they choose the order them?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1894 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:56:02 »

Does this mean the number of available BroBots is limited (..."should they get a set..."), or are you just saying if they choose the order them?

yes they are limited, there will be certain conditions, all details will be available in the new gb thread when it goes live

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #1895 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 05:58:25 »
Intrigue! Thanks, Bunny!

Offline Snooter

« Reply #1896 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 06:08:36 »
I have a **** ton of MDPC toxic green sleeving I would be willing to donate to this GB if raccoon wants to make cables. I was going to sleeve a psu a while back and never did. I don't know how many feet exactly but looking at the invoice I bought a dumping pack, which is 100 meters, and probably only used a few meters or so. If you and raccoon are interested Bunny just shoot me a PM.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1897 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 06:16:23 »
I have a **** ton of MDPC toxic green sleeving I would be willing to donate to this GB if raccoon wants to make cables. I was going to sleeve a psu a while back and never did. I don't know how many feet exactly but looking at the invoice I bought a dumping pack, which is 100 meters, and probably only used a few meters or so. If you and raccoon are interested Bunny just shoot me a PM.

im sure he would be super interested sir

we will of course cover a like amount of your order for you

i will mention it to him as soon as i get hold of him

thanks very much

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1898 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 06:26:48 »

to date, we have been using parachord with the buys, mdpc is possible if we go ahead with a matching cable but it would have a minor increase in price i think

:-* Love you Bunny, and Raccoon  :-* All the Hugs to you and Raccoon and Ctrl Alt team, also I know I may be asking a lot but what are the chances of getting a cool box like with the Raindrop set? O:

Hugs and  :-* to anyone doing things to make this work your stars :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1899 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 06:30:25 »

:-* Love you Bunny, and Raccoon  :-* All the Hugs to you and Raccoon and Ctrl Alt team, also I know I may be asking a lot but what are the chances of getting a cool box like with the Raindrop set? O:

Hugs and  :-* to anyone doing things to make this work your stars :)

so that has been asked already

i really wanna include one

the concern is, it adds a serious amount to the cost of shipping orders out, and packing each set into them is a serious time commitment, when i added that into the raindrop buy, i had no idea how popular it would be, and now we have a very daunting task of doing it, the issue is, im more than happy to put the time in, but its difficult to ask my team to throw that much time in always

i think in short, im going to find a way to include it, but i may have to limit the numbers on that, its still being discussed and if i can work it in in an effective way i will